AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

25 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

Vandus could just horde all the CPs and make himself a 1 man deathstar. Shields are overrated. 

Wait, wait we can do better.  Your strike force could all be models with the Hammers of Sigmar keyword on their warscroll, but your Stormhost is Tempest Lords for the CP generation.  Steelheart's Champions are normally pretty bad... But with an extra 5 attacks each they become great.  Heck, even Gavriel is a beast with a bunch of extra attacks.  I'm gonna figure out a list.  I'll post it when I'm done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

Wait, wait we can do better.  Your strike force could all be models with the Hammers of Sigmar keyword on their warscroll, but your Stormhost is Tempest Lords for the CP generation.  Steelheart's Champions are normally pretty bad... But with an extra 5 attacks each they become great.  Heck, even Gavriel is a beast with a bunch of extra attacks.  I'm gonna figure out a list.  I'll post it when I'm done.

SHABOOYA ROLL CALL

OK, it took some fiddling, but behold... The Heroic Heroes...Or some other suitably fabulous name.

Start the game with three CP,  a fourth in your first hero phase with a 50% chance at a fifth.  Then two 33% chances to get another one each time you spend one. 

Screenshot_20180723-213250.png.595520b73ea49703cacd897735914123.png

• Thanks 1

Sorry if any of these are repeat questions however I only got the battletome on the wknd and dont have time to read through 57 pages!

If you run Hammers of Sigmar but take a named character as the General such as Vandus, can I assume that he wouldn't get the auto Command Trait? If so, and given his normal command ability doesnt require him to be the general, it would make sense to run someone else as the general, if for no other reason than to not miss out on the trait. Seems like it might suit a Lord Relictor or Castellant sitting behind the front lines anyway. 

What is the general consensus on named characters getting a trait for their mount? Can Vandus' Dracoth be "Keen-Clawed"?

Meanwhile Its great to see Scions of the Storm turned into a usable and reliable allegiance ability. The -1 to hit on landing was probably overkill but Im not complaining!

Shame about the battalions getting nerfed. Thunderhead brotherhood wasnt great to start but now for 160 points is a joke. Even Hammerstrike requires you set up to use the ability in the previous turn and hope your opponent doesnt delete the prosecutors. At least its more reasonably pointed. What battalions are people leaning towards now?

16 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

What is the general consensus on named characters getting a trait for their mount? Can Vandus' Dracoth be "Keen-Clawed"?

Consensus has got nothing to do with it.  Rules is rules and there aren't any rules stopping you from giving a mount trait to a named character.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Richelieu said:

OK, it took some fiddling, but behold... The Heroic Heroes...Or some other suitably fabulous name.

Start the game with three CP,  a fourth in your first hero phase with a 50% chance at a fifth.  Then two 33% chances to get another one each time you spend one. 

I’m new to AoS specifics but doesn’t this lack 2 battleline units? Only the Libs are battleline at the moment.

2 hours ago, Richelieu said:

ooh oooh! 100 pts, gimme a comet!

So now that Lens of refraction is useless, what are our options now ? 

I like the jade diadem, makes you Heal Wounds on a 6+ on my usual setup a stardrake wound be Nigh unkillable, ( Lord Castellant Buff and staunch.) 

healing Wounds on a 4+ and 2 Wounds on 5+ seems legit 

Anyone has tried a gunline oriented list ?

Was thinking about something like this :

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
Knight-Incantor (140)

Battleline

Units
12 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (720)
20 x Sequitors (400)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Endless Spells
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1840 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 96

I know that we can't spam Anvils ability but I guess 1 extra shooting phase on the Raptors and 1 extra combat phase on Sequitors is more than enough.
I have 160 spare points that I'd likely invest in a Leader, maybe a Vexxilor to re-setup the Raptors mid-game or save them from danger.

What do you think guys ?

30 minutes ago, Peegee said:

Anyone has tried a gunline oriented list ?

Was thinking about something like this :

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
Knight-Incantor (140)

Battleline

Units
20 x Sequitors (400)
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Endless Spells
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1840 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3

I know that we can't spam Anvils ability but I guess 1 extra shooting phase on the Raptors and 1 extra combat phase on Sequitors is more than enough.
I have 160 spare points that I'd likely invest in a Leader, maybe a Vexxilor to re-setup the Raptors mid-game or save them from danger.

What do you think guys ?

Seems Nice, maybe a azyros for the rerolls. And / Castellant to buff sequistors /  Raptors. 

Raptors are very squishy by default, tanking Them up is nesssacary i Think 

i want  try whis list 

Spoiler

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum (180)
- General
- Trait: Dauntless Hunters 
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate 
- Spell: Stormcaller
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light (Artefact): Lantern of the Tempest

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Units
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (140)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (140)

Battalions
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Malevolent Maelstrom (20)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2

• Like 1

Is there any good sureheart conversions about? I really don't like the face on the model (don't like bare heads at all really. Only one I'll have is my Incantor and even then I might build another one with a helmet) and the hair is part of the shoulder pad it seems so I can't just do a simple headswap 

2 hours ago, aceytrixx said:

Is there any good sureheart conversions about? I really don't like the face on the model (don't like bare heads at all really. Only one I'll have is my Incantor and even then I might build another one with a helmet) and the hair is part of the shoulder pad it seems so I can't just do a simple headswap 

I will take my normal lord celestant on foot, cut his hammer, give him a round dracoth shield and maybe headswap with a space wolve head. Think this will work pretty well. You could do the same without headswapping. Dont like the Gavriel model too.

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

I will take my normal lord celestant on foot, cut his hammer, give him a round dracoth shield and maybe headswap with a space wolve head. Think this will work pretty well. You could do the same without headswapping. Dont like the Gavriel model too.

Yeah its either that or try and hack away the whole shoulder pad on garviel and replace it and add a helmet 

13 hours ago, Richelieu said:

Thats quite a cheesy play. The Skaven inside me loves it. I would love to see your findings. 

3 hours ago, aceytrixx said:

Yeah its either that or try and hack away the whole shoulder pad on garviel and replace it and add a helmet 

I don't have the model myself, but looking at the sprue on the website, it shouldn't be too difficult to clip the hair close and then carefully cut/file it smooth. Dunno if a helmet would fit in the space easily, though, would need it on hand.

So for a 1000pt campaign I 've been pondering sce lists ...

With the info here I conjured a list that could wreck t1 charges constantly:

Deepstrike gavriel, vandus +fulminators with 3 CP too boot on T1...

Use 2 CP for gavriel's CA on fulminators and vandus. Then use 1 CP for vandus' CA in combat...

Quickly calculating this means 8 attacks per fulminator model and 4+d3 attacks on  Vandus hammer and 7 attacks on vandus dracoths... correct? A

Also 3 storm breaths prior to the charge. As a free bonus...

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Gavriel Sureheart (100)
Vandus Hammerhand (280)
- General
- Mount Trait: pack hunter
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
2 x Fulminators (240)
3 x Castigators (80)

Total: 900 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 48

15 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Guys why are there still no sequitor preorders available?

on warhammer community they said upcoming next week, but nothing on gw homepage.

When those "Next Week" articles go up on Sundays, they mean that those pre orders will be available the following Saturday, meaning this Saturday, August 28 for the Sequitors

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gyrex said:

So for a 1000pt campaign I 've been pondering sce lists ...

With the info here I conjured a list that could wreck t1 charges constantly:

Deepstrike gavriel, vandus +fulminators with 3 CP too boot on T1... 

Use 2 CP for gavriel's CA on fulminators and vandus. Then use 1 CP for vandus' CA in combat...

Quickly calculating this means 8 attacks per fulminator model and 4+d3 attacks on  Vandus hammer and 7 attacks on vandus dracoths... correct? A

Also 3 storm breaths prior to the charge. As a free bonus...

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Gavriel Sureheart (100)
Vandus Hammerhand (280)
- General
- Mount Trait: pack hunter
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
2 x Fulminators (240)
3 x Castigators (80)

Total: 900 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 48

I'm just afraid those castigators are going to do absolutely nothing. Perhaps you could upgrade them + 1 liberator unit to a unit of Judicators? Loving the gavriel tactic though :)

Edited by Kugane

20 minutes ago, Kugane said:

I'm just afraid those castigators are going to do absolutely nothing. Perhaps you could upgrade them + 1 liberator unit to a unit of Judicators? Loving the gavriel tactic though :)

I kind of need 50% of the units to be on the table. And 80 points clocks me right off at 2 extra CP.... thats the whole point ;)

• Like 1