Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Recommended Posts

Hello, can you recommend me any good (competitive) Gavriel list? I need something for a big tournament next month and I don't want to play again with shootcasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nozdormu said:

Hello, can you recommend me any good (competitive) Gavriel list? I need something for a big tournament next month and I don't want to play again with shootcasts.

you could check out the list (and discussion) by @Mark Williams in the Gotrek thread

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rakkzul said:

Can someone PM me the SCE discord?

 

Thx

is there such a thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a unit of decimators attacks a garrisoned terrain feature like a building, do they count the models in the garrison when calculating attacks? Is it the same for garrisoned KO ships?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, firtahl said:

If a unit of decimators attacks a garrisoned terrain feature like a building, do they count the models in the garrison when calculating attacks? Is it the same for garrisoned KO ships?

Thanks!

Yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, what's your nemesis right now?

I recently had to face a khorne daemon prince in a 1000pts battle and by sigmar's name that flying son of a gobelin is a heavy hitter.

Honestly beside shooting phase and hoping for MW i had big trouble to deal with him. 

What's your biggest threat and how do you deal with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jeanfluflu said:

Hey guys, what's your nemesis right now?

I recently had to face a khorne daemon prince in a 1000pts battle and by sigmar's name that flying son of a gobelin is a heavy hitter.

Honestly beside shooting phase and hoping for MW i had big trouble to deal with him. 

What's your biggest threat and how do you deal with it?

Clanrats. There's always too many of them, they screen their shooting, they are fearless through the verminlord and there's no way an equal amount of Liberators or Sequitors can trade with them somewhat equally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found this minis:

  • 1x Lord-Celestant on Dracoth
  • 1x Lord-Relictor
  • 3x Retributors
  • 3x Prosecutors
  • 10 Liberators
  • 5x Judicator
  • 5x Decimators

 

Is it possible to play at 1k points with some adds or those models are completely outdated?

I'm not going to play a tournament but which models you guy suggest me for a good list if its possible?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baiardo said:

I have found this minis:

  • 1x Lord-Celestant on Dracoth
  • 1x Lord-Relictor
  • 3x Retributors
  • 3x Prosecutors
  • 10 Liberators
  • 5x Judicator
  • 5x Decimators

 

Is it possible to play at 1k points with some adds or those models are completely outdated?

I'm not going to play a tournament but which models you guy suggest me for a good list if its possible?

 

The retributors need 2 more models to make a full unit of 5.

What you have left comes to 880 points so adding another hero like an incantor or something like a Ballista would fit nicely. 

Alternatively you can play the Lord celestant as Vandus Hammerhand (I'm assuming based on models you have the starter set) which takes your army to 940 or 990 with an extra command point. 

Neither team is overly strong. they both lack real firepower but you can certainly play enjoyable games with them especially if your opponent has a basic non meta team. 

Also if your opponent is nice they should just let you play with the retributors anyway, may as well play with what you have while you're learning to play the team, once you've got some games under your belt you will know what you want to add next. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This anvils list is a bit different and came in fifth but i see it with some potential 530F5505-1B36-4D59-8196-8A981495F015.jpeg.767f6d0c951a760cce80f81fc8d06d14.jpeg
 

so there seems to be this trend of what I’m going to coin bulldozer lists. this lists feels like it and they have some potential in shooting meta.

 

back in early aos lists like ironjawz gore gruntas and DoK were really strong because people didnt know how to chaff and theyd just run people over. Besides dok those armies kind of fell out because people learned to chaff and those first turn impact armies fell out of favor. Dok luckily gets better as the game goes on so they didnt have that issue.

 

Well in shooting meta looking at these lists we dont see a lot of chaff. Our list has a few aetherwings and a few liberators that really just want to camp objectives, Ko most of everything is in the boats, seraphon with salamanders and teenage mutant lazer turtles run skinks in two ways, huge blocks or chaff walls. Chaff walls are bad for this list big blocks are good we can paste those. 
 

the issue is its still a lot of bullets. A seraphon player mentioned the matchup and he got total commitment against this sc player and killed every hero but one turn one. So. Lifes still hard its not an easy win. But if they tag that salamander unit or a boat they can get punished

 

we’ve seen azgorh centaurs and mournfang lists place highly too lately. Eels do similar things and still place. I think we’ll see ironjawz really come back too. If this trend continues i think as long as its shooting meta the new giant army may be really good if they have some reliable charges.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mattrulesok said:

The retributors need 2 more models to make a full unit of 5.

What you have left comes to 880 points so adding another hero like an incantor or something like a Ballista would fit nicely. 

Alternatively you can play the Lord celestant as Vandus Hammerhand (I'm assuming based on models you have the starter set) which takes your army to 940 or 990 with an extra command point. 

Neither team is overly strong. they both lack real firepower but you can certainly play enjoyable games with them especially if your opponent has a basic non meta team. 

Also if your opponent is nice they should just let you play with the retributors anyway, may as well play with what you have while you're learning to play the team, once you've got some games under your belt you will know what you want to add next. 

Thank you, however I see most units aren't used a lot and seems liberators are being replaced by sequitors..

I get I need some more experience but if I develop the starter with: 

-another unit of judicator

-dracothain guard

-lord castellant

-knight incantor (maybe?)

Is a good move or is better to upgrade with the vanguard starter?

Ask to save some money ahahaha!

Thank you guys for the patience!

Edited by baiardo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, baiardo said:

Is a good move or is better to upgrade with the vanguard starter?

Ask to save some money ahahaha!

Thank you guys for the patience!

If you want to save money, play with what you have first. 

You'll figure out the problem then you can decide how to fix it later. 

Edited by Evantas
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evantas said:

If you want to save money, play with what you have first. 

You'll figure out the problem then you can decide how to fix it later. 

Thank you!

I found that old starter form a friend who changed faction, and I'm going to buy those minis for 70€ or so..that's why I want to have a little program of what I'm going to have and buy in future!...and of course if I'm going to have a good deal or not! ;)

Edited by baiardo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bozly said:

This anvils list... /snip
 

I don't see the point of the Gryph Hounds... it seems like there is zero reason to take them over Aetherwings in any list unless you have a good shooting unit to take advantage of Warning Cry (which this list doesn't). Swapping would allow you to replace the Libs with more Sequitors; though I don't know if that's the best use of the points. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

I don't see the point of the Gryph Hounds... it seems like there is zero reason to take them over Aetherwings in any list unless you have a good shooting unit to take advantage of Warning Cry (which this list doesn't). Swapping would allow you to replace the Libs with more Sequitors; though I don't know if that's the best use of the points. 

at 120 points maybe replace it for the cleansing phalanx battalion.

One more artefact, less drop and a CP and the batallion ability is not disgusting at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 7:19 AM, feadair said:

 

This list won Lords of the Realms in Australia last weekend. I have never played it or against it. How does it work?

Can I just add that it’s also the first time you can play the best looking stormcast models to their lore with this battalion. 
pretty sure not the reason for the tournament winner  but definitly is for me building towards it  

that list is what guerilla warfare in the mortal realms is like. They are seriously outnumbered, teleporting all over the place, if you catch them you win, if they can kite around you they still struggle with objectives but can take you apart bit by bit 

 

qaaaaand only now realised I’m close to necro’ing this conversation😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

Gryph hound unit would have seen more uses if it were a battleline choice. That could add more diversity into stormcast battleline and actually make non-existent unit more competitive.

Great Idea, though it might be better with the lore if lord aquilor makes them battlelines.

At 120pts with no save they still are pretty fragile despite the three wounds per model. I'd love to see them with an additionnal rule to give them a bit more punch something like"6 to wound get -3 rend" just like knight venator's eagle for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

Gryph hound unit would have seen more uses if it were a battleline choice. That could add more diversity into stormcast battleline and actually make non-existent unit more competitive.

Gryph would still see use if they had kept it a single model instead of trying to push the ridiculous packs of them on us. Warning Cry alone made them useful when they were 40 points; no one is going to pay 120 for them without a rules overhaul.

Unfortunately I think SCE just has too many units for them to care about the forgotten ones. The entire reason I collected Stormcast first was because I loved the look of Prosecutors - and they've been dreadful for a long time now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my first stormcast list I would like to build what do you think guys?

++ **Pitched Battle
 2,000 (Order - Stormcast Eternals) [1,990pts] ++**

 

+ Leader +

 

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-charger [200pts]: 2. Aethereal Stalker, 2. Mindlock Staff, 5. Chain Lightning, 5. Staunch Defender, General

 

Lord-Castellant [120pts]: 3. Drakescale Armour, Faithful Gryph-hound

 

Lord-Ordinator [140pts]: Astral Grandhammer

 

Lord-Relictor [100pts]: 6. Translocation

 

+ Artillery +

 

Celestar Ballista [110pts]

 

Celestar Ballista [110pts]

 

+ Battleline +

 

Liberators [90pts]: 5 Liberators, Grandhammer, Warhammer and Shield

 

+ Battalion +

 

Battalion: Cleansing Phalanx [1,090pts]

. Evocators: 2. Celestial Blades, 5 Evocators, Grandstave, 4x Tempest Blade and Stormstave

. Evocators on Celestial Dracolines: 2. Celestial Blades, 2x 3 Evocators on Celestial Dracolines, 2x Grandstave, 6x Monstrous Claws

. Sequitors: 5 Sequitors, 2x Stormsmite Greatmace, Stormsmite Greatmace (Sequitor-Prime), Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield

. Sequitors: 5 Sequitors, 2x Stormsmite Greatmace, Stormsmite Greatmace (Sequitor-Prime), Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield

 

+ Allegiance +

 

Allegiance: Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

 

+ Game Options +

 

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

 

+ Malign Sorcery +

 

Endless Spell: Celestian Vortex [30pts]

 

++ Total: [1,990pts] ++

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Feii said:

Here is my first stormcast list I would like to build what do you think guys?

++ **Pitched Battle
 2,000 (Order - Stormcast Eternals) [1,990pts] ++**

 

+ Leader +

 

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-charger [200pts]: 2. Aethereal Stalker, 2. Mindlock Staff, 5. Chain Lightning, 5. Staunch Defender, General

 

Lord-Castellant [120pts]: 3. Drakescale Armour, Faithful Gryph-hound

 

Lord-Ordinator [140pts]: Astral Grandhammer

 

Lord-Relictor [100pts]: 6. Translocation

 

+ Artillery +

 

Celestar Ballista [110pts]

 

Celestar Ballista [110pts]

 

+ Battleline +

 

Liberators [90pts]: 5 Liberators, Grandhammer, Warhammer and Shield

 

+ Battalion +

 

Battalion: Cleansing Phalanx [1,090pts]

. Evocators: 2. Celestial Blades, 5 Evocators, Grandstave, 4x Tempest Blade and Stormstave

. Evocators on Celestial Dracolines: 2. Celestial Blades, 2x 3 Evocators on Celestial Dracolines, 2x Grandstave, 6x Monstrous Claws

. Sequitors: 5 Sequitors, 2x Stormsmite Greatmace, Stormsmite Greatmace (Sequitor-Prime), Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield

. Sequitors: 5 Sequitors, 2x Stormsmite Greatmace, Stormsmite Greatmace (Sequitor-Prime), Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield

 

+ Allegiance +

 

Allegiance: Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

 

+ Game Options +

 

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

 

+ Malign Sorcery +

 

Endless Spell: Celestian Vortex [30pts]

 

++ Total: [1,990pts] ++

That's a nice list but 3 ballistas have the same stats to hit that 2 with lord ordinator and costs 30pts less.

but i love the combination of the cleansing phalanx and the ballistas, clearly does a great job to reduce drops and have your ballistas ready to go anywhere you'd like.
I'd personnaly go with the chronomantic cogs as well, you can cast empower multiple times with your unit of evocatros and it allows them to get +1 to save rolls as well which is nice because you will not have a lot of bodies on the table compared to some armies and it synergize well with your staunch defender.

 

something likt this:

Lord Arcanum
Lord castellant
Lord ordinator

10 sequitors
10 sequitors
5 evocators
5evocators
5liberators

3 ballistas

cleansing phalanx
chronomantic cogs

It's a 3 drop list, probably too few people on the table like i said but they are all very durable. especially the ballistas if you drop them on a cover.
The ability of the lord arcanum as well as the cleansing phalanx makes your sequitors a good threat as well (reroll to hit, to wound adn to save).

I don't know if people have already played such list but it has nice firepower, decent melee but once you commit you better be sure of you because i removed the priest and the translocation

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so how do we feel about taking down 1 of the gargants. Ive testing around with protectors but it doenst look very reliable and an unit of 10 isnt enough. So im looking at 15 atleast over 2 rounds of combat with Lucky 6's.

 

Raptors mayb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juicy said:

so how do we feel about taking down 1 of the gargants. Ive testing around with protectors but it doenst look very reliable and an unit of 10 isnt enough. So im looking at 15 atleast over 2 rounds of combat with Lucky 6's.

 

Raptors mayb?

Between the volume of attacks and the mortal wounds afterwards, 10 man unit of Evocators could probably do the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Juicy said:

so how do we feel about taking down 1 of the gargants. Ive testing around with protectors but it doenst look very reliable and an unit of 10 isnt enough. So im looking at 15 atleast over 2 rounds of combat with Lucky 6's.

 

Raptors mayb?

8 man unit of Desolators and a Drakesworn Templar hitting with the skybolt bow. Storm Blast is 8 attacks 3 up to deal d3 MW's. Then 40 Thunderaxe attacks at 3/3/-1/2 damage. Add a Knight Azyros in 10" of the gargant to re-roll 1's. Bonus points if you are Anvils of the Heldenhammer to attack twice.

 

The good thing about them is the big base lets a huge unit encircle it to get all of their attacks.

Edited by SleeperAgent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...