Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mark Williams said:

One of the FAQs explains this situation. If you have a wsrscroll ability and a prayer or something that triggers an extra attack on a 6, both abilities trigger and you get 2 extra attacks on a 6.

That's perfectly clear.


But looking for it in FAQs I found this and whew. It was FAQed.

Q: Sometimes a dice roll will trigger an effect. For example, a weapon might have a rule that says a hit roll of 6 causes two hits on the target instead of 1. What happens if another effect applies to the same roll? For example, the weapon from the previous example might have a rule that says it inflicts D6 mortal wounds on a hit roll of 6 and the attack sequence ends – would I get to inflict two hits that each inflicted D6 mortal wounds?

A: When a dice roll triggers more than one effect, each effect is triggered once. For this example, this means that the hit roll would cause two hits, but only one of the hits would inflict D6 mortal wounds (you would carry out the rest of the attack procedure for the other hit normally).

So, my fair case(s) are legit.

Judicator (with special bow) in Vanguard Wing + Prayer -> One hit roll of 6 -> 1d6 hits + 1 extra hit from prayer. One out of 1d6 hits has +1 damage from VanguardWing.

Liberators, Paired Weapons, Vanguard + Prayer -> One hit roll of 6 -> 3 hits (2 from paired, 1 from prayer). One of hits is d2 due VanguardWing +1 on 6.

WHEW.

Edit (source):

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/8f9bd00c.pdf

Edited by Sapca
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thx a lot @Sapcaafter thats its more clear. so special bow judicator on 6 is 1d6 +1 hits on d1 plus 1 hit more on damage 2 right? Anyway vanguard wings seems not so bad at all. If you play like 10 liberators with paired weapons you dont need prayer on them.  Just give prayer to judicators. In vanguard wings your liberator can do their job. Im pretty curious to test that in tts. On paper seems that 10 sequitors without battalions are stronger than 10 liberators in vang wing! 

Edited by Tizianolol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

. so special bow judicator on 6 is 1d6 +1 hits on d1 plus 1 hit more on damage 2 right?

One hit at 2 damage + extra hits from that 1d6 at 1 damage (1d2 + 5d1 max) - this is default with just Vanguard Wing.

+ 1 hit from Bless Weapons at damage 1.

So 1d2 + 5d1 +1d1 max. (7 hits max)

Edited by Sapca
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its kind of funny that we discussing the vanguard wing 2 years into this book with the big nerf on it. I like the discussion but libs even with paired weapons and with blessed weapons wouldnt do much damage with those warscrolls. Its cool for friendly games. But bringing these combos to a harder matchup its  not going to work. Right now without the castellant buff i feel like 5 and 10 libs die to the same amount of units cause of how squishy these are. 2 years ago they felt a lot better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,  I will be attending a small regional 2v2 tournament, where every team has 2000 points so that each player has to bring 1000. I will be playing with an Seraphone ally and now I am looking to build a nice complementary 1k list.

I was thinking of maybe going all shooting and magic, while Seraphone brings the big meele units (and also magic). My list would look something like this: 

Allegiance: Order

Allegiance: Order
LEADERS

  Knight-Incantor (120)
  Lord-Relictor (100)
  Lord-Arcanum (150)
     - General
UNITS
     5 x Liberators (90)
     - Warhammer & Shield
     5 x Liberators (90)
     - Warhammer & Shield
     6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
     Everblaze Comet (100)

What do you guys think, how would you build a list for such a purpose? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Naem said:

Hey guys,  I will be attending a small regional 2v2 tournament, where every team has 2000 points so that each player has to bring 1000. I will be playing with an Seraphone ally and now I am looking to build a nice complementary 1k list.

I was thinking of maybe going all shooting and magic, while Seraphone brings the big meele units (and also magic). My list would look something like this: 

Allegiance: Order

Allegiance: Order
LEADERS

  Knight-Incantor (120)
  Lord-Relictor (100)
  Lord-Arcanum (150)
     - General
UNITS
     5 x Liberators (90)
     - Warhammer & Shield
     5 x Liberators (90)
     - Warhammer & Shield
     6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
     Everblaze Comet (100)

What do you guys think, how would you build a list for such a purpose? 

I played a similar setup before points drops (and before lockdown, so practically another era)m where my teammate was covering the melee side so I went all out on shooting. Of course it depends from the style of play (in the "casual" to "competitive" continuum) but basically with today's point it would be something like this

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Knight-Vexillor (110)
- Pennant of the Stormbringer
- Artefact: Soulthief
Knight-Incantor (120)
- General
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 60

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, stuntymike said:

Enjoying this chat folks. With regards to what's a good all-comers list I'm trying to get my head around how to build for Better Part of Valour. Obviously it's all about battleline, so I'm caught between whether it's better to beef up the numbers in your battleline units - which prob means taking Sequitors, as 10 Libs seems meh - or maybe taking more battleline units. What's everyone's take on how to build for that scenario?

Looking at the battleplans you ideally want good battleline, mobile heroes and a behemoth in order to max your scoring chances. So basically I'm trying to work out how best to do all/some of these. It's not easy! 

Anyway, I've got a wee one-dayer coming up in a couple of weeks and going to run the below. I don't think it's optimal at the moment, but I'm for fun and to dust of the cobwebs and Eltharion should be a laugh to use.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Knight-Incantor (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura 
- Spell: Stormcaller
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
Knight-Azyros (100)
- Artefact: Soulthief 
The Light of Eltharion (220)
- Allies

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
10 x Evocators (420)
- 10x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 220 / 400
Wounds: 117
 

I like it, i have a similar that i will try in a week. But instead of eltharion I have 20 sentinels. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

3 drops, a (relatively) survivable behemot, some battlelines and some damage. What does it do? Not much :D

 

Spoiler
Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Lord-Arcanum on Tauralon (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Celestial Staves (Artefact): Staff of Azyr
- Spell: Thundershock
- Mount Trait: Steel Pinions
Knight-Incantor (120)
- Artefact: Soulthief
- Spell: Chain Lightning
Knight-Incantor (120)
- Spell: Lightning Blast
Lord-Exorcist (90)
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Knight-Azyros (100)
- Mystic Light (Artefact): Lantern of the Tempest
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
20 x Judicators (560)
- Skybolt Bows
- 4x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (140)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
Grand Convocation (130)
Thunderhead Brotherhood (150)
Dais Arcanum (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 110

 

Built mostly trying to play around with battallions. The thunderhead brotherhood doesn't do much in fact so it could be swapped out. A castellant might be more useful than the Azyros, but then I would loose the dais and I like the mobility it provides. Of course fitting in a comet would also be interesting. One could also leave out the azyros/castellant for the comet (and 2 drops) but I think the lantern of the tempest is really useful these days

Edited by Marcvs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

3 drops, a (relatively) survivable behemot, some battlelines and some damage. What does it do? Not much :D

 

  Hide contents

 

Built mostly trying to play around with battallions. The thunderhead brotherhood doesn't do much in fact so it could be swapped out. A castellant might be more useful than the Azyros, but then I would loose the dais and I like the mobility it provides. Of course fitting in a comet would also be interesting. One could also leave out the azyros/castellant for the comet (and 2 drops) but I think the lantern of the tempest is really useful these days

Yeah, there are more interesting battalions if you want to do a 2 drop list :). Warrior Brotherhood for instance + Tauralon. We really need a decent battalion including either 3 juds or 3 libs units.

Edited by Maturin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea for really strong 1250 list? I have no problem with winning tournaments with normal points like 2000 but the 1250 ones are pain in the ass... Numbers of free buffs from AA which stormcast dont get make the game really hard... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Mystic Light (Artefact): Shriving Light
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Artefact: Soulthief
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
10 x Judicators (280)
- Skybolt Bows
- 2x Shockbolt Bows
20 x Liberators (360)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 4x Grandhammers

Units
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (90)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (90)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (90)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents

Battalions
Vanguard Wing (140)

Total: 1250 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 88

What about this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Nizrah said:



What about this? 

Nope. 10 judicators won't do enough damage to what you'll point them at. PLus They're the only threat in the list.

Edited by Maturin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Nope. 10 judicators won't do enough damage to what you'll point them at. PLus They're the only threat in the list.

Any other idea for 1250? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here's an idea. 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)
- General
Lord-Castellant (120)
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
20 x Sequitors (480)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Evocators (210)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Total: 1220 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 96

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Any idea for really strong 1250 list? I have no problem with winning tournaments with normal points like 2000 but the 1250 ones are pain in the ass... Numbers of free buffs from AA which stormcast dont get make the game really hard... 

go mini Starcast :D

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Chamon
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Command Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection
- Mount Trait: Storm-winged
Celestant-Prime (300)
Knight-Incantor (120)
- Spell: Lightning Blast
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1220 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 49

 
(alternatively no comet for a castellant)
 
More seriously: my limited experience with 1250 pts (a few games and two tournaments) has been ...not great. It was pre-ghb and I faced multiple salamander lists and appreciated how Be'Lakor can be a pain in the ass when you can only have one deathstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday i was literally destroyed by two lists: 50 Phenix guard and 70 witch aelfes... The lack of AA of SCE make me suffer when playing low points game. We have literally no AA and have to pay huge amounts of points for heroes which brings these bonuses... SCE needs total rework. Like what is the point of SCE with 4+ sv, only 2 attacks, and huge 40 mm base when witch aelf can have 4 attacks with full rerolls, 4+ sv, 5+ ward with reroll and 25 mm base?? 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Here's an idea. 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)
- General
Lord-Castellant (120)
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
20 x Sequitors (480)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Evocators (210)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Total: 1220 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 96

I like this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Any idea for really strong 1250 list? I have no problem with winning tournaments with normal points like 2000 but the 1250 ones are pain in the ass... Numbers of free buffs from AA which stormcast dont get make the game really hard... 

At 1250 you might  go Death Star build. With big dracht unit, heraldor for run and charge. 2x judicators to hold objectives and some msu for interference and objective grabbing. 

would that work? 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Here's an idea. 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)
- General
Lord-Castellant (120)
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
20 x Sequitors (480)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Evocators (210)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Total: 1220 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 96

I can't decide how i would finish this... Hmmm...

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Single-minded Fury
- Artefact: Stormrage Blade
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Lord-Castellant (120)

Battleline
20 x Sequitors (480)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
5 x Evocators (210)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1230 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 90

OR

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Lord-Castellant (120)

Battleline
20 x Sequitors (480)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
5 x Evocators (210)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Total: 1220 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 96
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nizrah said:

I can't decide how i would finish this... Hmmm...

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Single-minded Fury
- Artefact: Stormrage Blade
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Lord-Castellant (120)

Battleline
20 x Sequitors (480)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
5 x Evocators (210)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1230 / 1250
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 90

OR

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Lord-Castellant (120)

Battleline
20 x Sequitors (480)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
5 x Evocators (210)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Total: 1220 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 96
 

Both have their virtues. It really depends on the strategy you want to focus down on.

The extra command point gives you a reliable way to get buffs off for your Sequitors or Evocators, and is good to have in general.

The extra Aetherwing offers you a little more mobility, and an extra unit to screen or grab objectives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Both have their virtues. It really depends on the strategy you want to focus down on.

The extra command point gives you a reliable way to get buffs off for your Sequitors or Evocators, and is good to have in general.

The extra Aetherwing offers you a little more mobility, and an extra unit to screen or grab objectives.

Well, i mean im concerned about going Staunch defender or more killy way of CV... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nizrah said:

Well, i mean im concerned about going Staunch defender or more killy way of CV... :D

That comes down to whether you want to be offensive or defensive. Personally, I recommend going aggressive with CV.  At 1250 points, a big block of sequitors is no joke, and the 5-man evocators will also pose a respectable threat to enemy units. Force your opponent to run from/cope with those threats (supported by the Lord Arcanum and Lord Castellant) while your libs and Aetherwings hold or secure objectives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anvils of heldenhammer

Heroes

Lord Aquillor

- General

- Obsidian Amulet

Knight Azyros

- soulthief

Knight Venator

- Luck Stone

Knight venator

 

Battle Line

5 vanguard hunters

5 Vanguard Hunters

5 Vanguard hunters

 

Other Unites

3x Longstrikes

3x longstrikes

3x Longstrikes

Aetherwings

Aetherwings

Aetherwings

Palladors

 

Vanguard Angelos

Vanguard Auxillary

Vanguard Justicar

 

1 drop

 

Thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bozly said:

Thoughts?

 

Think you are missing an artifact (hive mind presently goes for Lantern of the Tempest on azyros and moves the soulthief to the second venator)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...