Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

2 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I like how @PrimeElectrid applied a logical thought process to list building and I think you pose a good question in the follow up. I like how a buffed Stardrake will hold up some decent melee armies -

I basically apply this logic (though right now the potential great artefact is the new ignore rend 1 realm artefact  (if it is allowed by a TO). The cost here is much more than 280 though - 420 for a templar (tempest axe stopping pileins at 1" is good) but an LCoSD ticks more survivability boxes. Though you always need to add a Castellant - so the cost IS prohibitive and for this reason once you add a drake you're back to a "drake list".

I'll go back to my corner now and stop trying to make ppl play Stardrakes :D

I think Stardrakes may have a place in GHB20, I just lean to the Tauralon because it gets you a cheaper monster leader, doesn’t require 5 wound support hero, and unlocks Sequitors as the only battleline which have a fighting chance against other battleline.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

I will practice with the same list as all-comers roster for awhile to better understand how it works. On a side note, the new vanguard chamber looks powerful. But I am doubtful how well such list would perform when the strength of the entire list depends on 4+ save models with only 18 wounds total. Crawlers, lumineth sentinels, salamanders, kharadrons, tzeentch flamers, and even orruk arrowboyz would delight seeing such list.

Having played to vanguard armies with the new points I’m not convinced yet. I am sad to say. 
for a friendly game abso - bad word - lutely. 
but the main strength is the set up outside of 7 & command ability teleport. And raptors and birds which are still good. 
so my thoughts was, cool get the objectives early and score those points with vanguard hunters. But they just died to endrinriggers in combat. While at the same time 10 hunters only killed 2 on the charge. 

havent played the palladors yet. So maybe they will surprise me  

so great fun playstyle. But without the re-rolls to save the hunters can’t tank but also can’t clear anything with two 3+ 4+ no rend damage 1 attacks. So I haven’t figured it out yet. All suggestions welkom. 

So while Vanguard Auxiliary has been on people's minds, I just realized that my most successful Anvilstrike list went down 110 points, and I already had 20 floating. That's... a good amount of extra flexibility. It's an extra Incantator for magic tricks, that's an extra unit of Libs, that's upgrading 2 Lib units to Judis for extra shooting, that's even 9 extra Aetherwings! What is arguably the best Stormcast list already got some pretty reasonable boosts. 

16 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I think Stardrakes may have a place in GHB20, I just lean to the Tauralon because it gets you a cheaper monster leader, doesn’t require 5 wound support hero, and unlocks Sequitors as the only battleline which have a fighting chance against other battleline.

Another very important question but one you didn't ask yourself is, how many one or two drop armies are we going to face ? Do we need to try playing that game too or our battalions are too bad to even try ? The fewer drops we have the less at risk our heroes are if we can alpha strike really hard, to remove opponent's key pieces.

I think that we need to assume that we´re not going to choose what player it´s going to play first and make our list thinking about that (shooting...).

That didn´t change nothing, but until the next Stormcast BT...

8 hours ago, Requizen said:

So while Vanguard Auxiliary has been on people's minds, I just realized that my most successful Anvilstrike list went down 110 points, and I already had 20 floating. That's... a good amount of extra flexibility. It's an extra Incantator for magic tricks, that's an extra unit of Libs, that's upgrading 2 Lib units to Judis for extra shooting, that's even 9 extra Aetherwings! What is arguably the best Stormcast list already got some pretty reasonable boosts. 

Have you played with new 24 range in heroes phase? I just dont know man. At this meta state typical shootcast on 9 longstrike feels just to clumsy and to fragile. 

49 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

I think that we need to assume that we´re not going to choose what player it´s going to play first and make our list thinking about that (shooting...).

That didn´t change nothing, but until the next Stormcast BT...

Unless we Use Vanguard Mega battalion, Skyborne Slayers (1 or 2 drop version) or a mix of warscrolls to have 3 drops max.
Maybe it could be of use to make a listing of 1 or 2 drops lists that we can surely face in a tournament, to see if there's a point in trying to play that low drop game or not.

I've made a list that fits into @PrimeElectrid's thinking :  drops, lots of judicators, and a Tauralon+ celestant.

1 hour ago, Nizrah said:

Have you played with new 24 range in heroes phase? I just dont know man. At this meta state typical shootcast on 9 longstrike feels just to clumsy and to fragile. 

Yes I have. Turn 1 changes but it's not dead. You either Translocate into range with the Relictor, which is fairly reliable (especially when events do once-per-game charity rerolls) or you set up to get one round in the shooting phase and play defensively. I also sometimes leave them off the board and then drop them for a turn 1 volley. After turn 1, 30" is usually overkill if you position correctly, so it's not that big of a deal.

With many missions only having a 18" no mans land now, you can usually set up with something in 24" anyways, even if it's not the primary target. Then try to Translocate. If it fails, shoot something else and play for the next turn, or bank the CA to get your Evocators around more reliably. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Requizen said:

(especially when events do once-per-game charity rerolls)

What? 

After trying shootcast vs Seraphons... no just no. I will stick to my Starcast for now. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Since we can ally in all ORDER i was thinking of something like this:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Soulthief
Knight-Incantor (120)
- Spell: Stormcaller
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
10 x Evocators (420)
- 10x Grandstaves
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
20 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (280)
- Allies

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 280 / 400
Wounds: 131

Sentinels that can handle them selves. 

Thoughts ideas about sentinels in our army? 

Edited by FattBooM666

6 minutes ago, FattBooM666 said:

Since we can ally in all ORDER i was thinking of something like this:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Soulthief
Knight-Incantor (120)
- Spell: Stormcaller
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
10 x Evocators (420)
- 10x Grandstaves
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
- Allies
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
- Allies

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 280 / 400
Wounds: 131

Sentinels that can handle them selves. 

I think it s a strong shooty list,  you ll struggle in the scenarios requiring battlelines, heroes for extra vp. But if you kill the ennemy first it doesn t matter. I would personnally get rid of the palissade in order to try to get a triumph instead

28 minutes ago, FattBooM666 said:

Ditch the evocators, ditch the liberators and take wardens instead, that wil lturn your sentinels into battlelines too.
You'll have mroe bodies and more able battlelines, you might be able to take more sentinels too.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Ditch the evocators, ditch the liberators and take wardens instead, that wil lturn your sentinels into battlelines too.
You'll have mroe bodies and more able battlelines, you might be able to take more sentinels too.

How 400pts allies 

This is not lumineth thread. 😋

Edited by FattBooM666

19 minutes ago, FattBooM666 said:

How 400pts allies 

This is not lumineth thread. 😋

If you're playing Grand alliance order then they're not allies. I thought that's what you wanted to do.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Maturin said:

If you're playing Grand alliance order then they're not allies. I thought that's what you wanted to do.

I am under the impression SCE can ally in ANY ORDER units.

Lumineth can only ally in IDK.

And ORDER is ORDER.

Edited by FattBooM666

Just now, FattBooM666 said:

I am under the impression SCE can ally in ANY ORDER units.

Lumineth can only ally in IDK.

Indeed. What I was saying is : I thought you wanted to do a GA : Order list using SCE and LRL. I want to do one using Teclis, and  that would be the only way to go.

If your army isn't very strong then it's a good time to work through your backlog of models you would never use in a matched play game

IMG_20200719_172758.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 6

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

If your army isn't very strong then it's a good time to work through your backlog of models you would never use in a matched play game

IMG_20200719_172758.jpg

Beatiful! 

Its shame how bad they are... 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PJetski said:

IMG_20200719_172758.jpg

Is that edge highlight or drybrush for the black?

If its the former you mad son :D

Well now that petrifex is nerfed, we dont have to worry about Castellant buffed 60 wounds of sequitors , also known as Mortek Guard 😁

Well not as much, theyre still strong, but atleast -1 rend will mean something. which means our melee gets slightly better, with Hearthguard being the big problem.

As for Slaanesh, still a strong army, but their Locus and Summoning BS wins over the course of many GTs has clearly caught the attention Nerf Maraz

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 3:02 PM, Requizen said:

Yes I have. Turn 1 changes but it's not dead. You either Translocate into range with the Relictor, which is fairly reliable

And if this is too unreliable for you, you can always take a lord aquilor instead of the relictor. It’s 70pts more and it costs a CP but then there is no chance of failing anymore. And he’s more survivable in the age of d3 mw slinging across the board. 

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

And if this is too unreliable for you, you can always take a lord aquilor instead of the relictor. It’s 70pts more and it costs a CP but then there is no chance of failing anymore. And he’s more survivable in the age of d3 mw slinging across the board. 

Warhammer: Age of d3 across the board. Has nice ring to it.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kramer said:

But the Lord Aquilor moves the unit in the movement phase not hero phase so its not a substitute for relictor at all.

And its 120(not 70) points more for this ability since you have to buy another cp to be able to shoot double aswell.

Edited by Naprapaten
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Naprapaten said:

But the Lord Aquilor moves the unit in the movement phase not hero phase so its not a substitute for relictor at all.

And its 120(not 70) points more for this ability since you have to buy another cp to be able to shoot double aswell.

Oh that's true. Just thought I mention an alternative. 

Edited by Kramer