Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Requizen said:

It's not much change from GHB2019 honestly. In pretty much every mission, the Stormcast strategy has been "cripple or table the opponent by the end of the game, or get outscored and lose". The only time that hasn't been true was during times where we were spamming bodies during Warrior Brotherhood, Vanguard Wing, and early Gav Bomb with mass Sequitors. 

Stardrake builds, Aetherstrike, Anvilstrike, Skyborne, Ballistas with Dracolines - all of these have relied on doing terrible damage before even thinking about playing the objective game in most missions. I think that will continue to be the norm for Stormcast until we get something to mitigate it in a new Battletome.

On a sidenote i won a secondary objective during LVO where the mission was to destroy as much of the opponents battleline as possible. Both of us got it, but i got the points cus he was playing mortek guard which were worth more :)

Yeah battleline dependent objectives suck, but hey sometimes it works out, we're one of the cheapest BL armies finally :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder if there is potential in a high density Pallador list. I've always rated the unit (I jut hate painting the mounts!), but I think there may be something to them at 170. 15 4+save wounds with that much flying* mobility could be a real hassle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find vanguard palladors to be decent. They are cheap enough to use as fast, relatively durable while being hitty enough to clear most chaff. Their ability ride the winds aetheric also comes in handy when you cannot rely on scions of the storm battle trait. For example......Total commitment. :(

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just played my second game applying GHB 2020 against ossiarch. And the mission was......focal point. :(

I had celestant prime, lord castellant(staunch defender and lantern of the tempest), incantor, heraldor and ordinator for leaders. Then 3 mandatory units of 5 liberators, 4 fulminators, 3 vanguard palladors and 3 ballistas.

Opposing player brought petrifex list. It has liege cavalos as general, and then arkhan, vokmortian, 2 units of 20 mortek guard, 3 deathriders, 1 gothizzar harvester, 1 mortek crawler and 3 immortis guardians.

In the end I conceded at the end of 4th battle round. And there was a grave mistake I made. Instead of using Prime as mobile mortal wound artillery, I prematurely charged him into combat.

Despite this loss at 1st battle round, I was able to remove arkhan, his immortis bodyguard(tanking wounds allocated to arkhan on 2+!), some thirty mortek guard and 3 deathriders. I had castellant, heraldor, single pallador, 5 liberators and 3 ballistas by the time I conceded. 

More alarming however was the gap between victory points. At the end of the game I accrued 13 points while my opponent earned at least 25 points, thanks to his arkhan, harvester and the crawler sitting near objectives most of the time.

On average, my opponent earned double my victory points per battle round. He also scored  as much as I did even when he conceded the central objective and partial board control.

Granted, I started playing GHB 2020 missions after 4 month long hiatus since covid outbreak. And I could have used the Prime more cautiously. However, the sheer advantage granted to already strong factions with good monster/behemoth/battleline seem to broaden the gap between battletomes even further. 

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

I just played my second game applying GHB 2020 against ossiarch. And the mission was......focal point. :(

I had celestant prime, lord castellant(staunch defender and lantern of the tempest), incantor, heraldor and ordinator for leaders. Then 3 mandatory units of 5 liberators, 4 fulminators, 3 vanguard palladors and 3 ballistas.

Opposing player brought petrifex list. It has liege cavalos as general, and then arkhan, vokmortian, 2 units of 20 mortek guard, 3 deathriders, 1 gothizzar harvester, 1 mortek crawler and 3 immortis guardians.

In the end I conceded at the end of 4th battle round. And there was a grave mistake I made. Instead of using Prime as mobile mortal wound artillery, I prematurely charged him into combat.

Despite this loss at 1st battle round, I was able to remove arkhan, his immortis bodyguard(tanking wounds allocated to arkhan on 2+!), some thirty mortek guard and 3 deathriders. I had castellant, heraldor, single pallador, 5 liberators and 3 ballistas by the time I conceded. 

More alarming however was the gap between victory points. At the end of the game I accrued 13 points while my opponent earned at least 25 points, thanks to his arkhan, harvester and the crawler sitting near objectives most of the time.

On average, my opponent earned double my victory points per battle round. He also scored  as much as I did even when he conceded the central objective and partial board control.

Granted, I started playing GHB 2020 missions after 4 month long hiatus since covid outbreak. And I could have used the Prime more cautiously. However, the sheer advantage granted to already strong factions with good monster/behemoth/battleline seem to broaden the gap between battletomes even further. 

I play petrifex, but my friend said that they were unstoppable on melee so I made a list of Fyreslayers. The key to beat Petrifex is understanding the weakness. Misiles and movement speed. Mortek guard is preety good but I destroyed 1 unit of 30 with my magmadroth (a bunch of mortal wounds and attacks), misiles and magic are pretty good against Petrifex. You should also try to lure him and attack very hard on one side (we play 4 objectives) because the moment you take one of his objectives, he wont' be able to get to another objective on time.

For stormcast players I would use misiles or magic (enless spells are pretty good). And heavy hitting units like decimators and such. 

Edited by CorvoMaltes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure about efficacy of SCE magic, because of how awful SCE wizards are at casting spells. The only spell worth taking would be an expensive comet which is far from reliable to cast. 

However I agree shooting is effective vs petrifex. However even then they are surprisingly effective at providing target saturation with their good saves(even vs rend -2 attacks), deathless minions save, resurrection and healing. Important petrifex characters are even tougher to remove if you consider immortis guardians.

And even SCE shooting will struggle to win the game when playing new missions favouring those with good battleline and monsters/behemoths. Losing board control isn't as dehabilitating to them as it is to SCE.

I will practice with the same list as all-comers roster for awhile to better understand how it works. On a side note, the new vanguard chamber looks powerful. But I am doubtful how well such list would perform when the strength of the entire list depends on 4+ save models with only 18 wounds total. Crawlers, lumineth sentinels, salamanders, kharadrons, tzeentch flamers, and even orruk arrowboyz would delight seeing such list.

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Requizen said:

It's not much change from GHB2019 honestly. In pretty much every mission, the Stormcast strategy has been "cripple or table the opponent by the end of the game, or get outscored and lose". The only time that hasn't been true was during times where we were spamming bodies during Warrior Brotherhood, Vanguard Wing, and early Gav Bomb with mass Sequitors. 

Stardrake builds, Aetherstrike, Anvilstrike, Skyborne, Ballistas with Dracolines - all of these have relied on doing terrible damage before even thinking about playing the objective game in most missions. I think that will continue to be the norm for Stormcast until we get something to mitigate it in a new Battletome.

Yeah this is the problem I was trying to explain. I think GHB20 makes it worse and pushes those early game dominate lists even further, or else scoring will quickly get out of control with all the bonus VPs.

This is bad for SCE for two reasons:

1) SCE units aren’t very good at the job they are being asked to do

2) Those builds rely on taking min 5 Libs to free up points elsewhere, which is practically auto loss in Better Part of Valour. All an opponent needs to do is take the first turn (easy enough for most armies as they have viable battalions to reduce drops) and remove one unit of 5 Libs to be up on scoring.

Thats trivially easy for anyone with access to a decent ranged component (OBR, LRL, Tzeentch, Seraphon, KO, Cities, ironically other SCE) or who can get across the board t1 and smack them (Fyreslayers, Orruks, DoK, FEC, Ogor).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoot the monsters, magic to the heroes and heavy hitting units for the mortek. Or just go for the objective with everyhting you have. And remember, the harvester has to be within 3 inches to the unit to revive it.  And about magic, fyreslayer have none, just one mortal wounds anti horde  prayer, I´m pretty sure SCE have something similar. 

Ballistas are too unreliable for my taste. I understand that you´re playing on table, so getting better units is gonna be expensive. You should try playing on tabletop simulator, that way you will learn which units work better. Also remember, mortek can´t reroll saves on shootings. Bonereapers are very slow, except for the cavalry.  Once you control one victory point, it´s yours until your enemy gets it. So sitting around VP isn´t worth it. You should just try to  hit one of your enemies VP with everuthing you have, after you´ve dealt with the cavalry. Don´t try to kill everything, the main objective is controlling the victory points.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CorvoMaltes said:

Shoot the monsters, magic to the heroes and heavy hitting units for the mortek. Or just go for the objective with everyhting you have. And remember, the harvester has to be within 3 inches to the unit to revive it.  And about magic, fyreslayer have none, just one mortal wounds anti horde  prayer, I´m pretty sure SCE have something similar. 

Ballistas are too unreliable for my taste. I understand that you´re playing on table, so getting better units is gonna be expensive. You should try playing on tabletop simulator, that way you will learn which units work better. Also remember, mortek can´t reroll saves on shootings. Bonereapers are very slow, except for the cavalry.  Once you control one victory point, it´s yours until your enemy gets it. So sitting around VP isn´t worth it. You should just try to  hit one of your enemies VP with everuthing you have, after you´ve dealt with the cavalry. Don´t try to kill everything, the main objective is controlling the victory points.

 

I get that you’re trying to be constructive, but in Better Part of Valour you lose the objective if your battleline unit isn’t within 3” of it.

An OBR player going first simply points their crawlers at a unit of Liberators turn one. You now need to remove two of their battleline units to win, while also keeping your remaining two squads of Liberators alive until the end of the game. That is a lot to ask.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So thinking further about GHB20 lists, let’s try and see what we can do.

A few assumptions:

1) Battleline, Leader and Monster/Behemoths are good. We want to try and take these, and also need to be conscious that the opponent will field lots of these also (and also lots of counters to them).

2) 5 wound support heroes are in a lot of trouble and we should minimise these as much as possible

3) Better Part of Valour and Total Commitment make it unwise to utilise min Libs or rely too strongly on Scions.

2 & 3 feel like the final nail to Gav bombs. Not only is it easily countered by screening, but you have to invest 100-200 points in additional 5 wound support heroes in case Total Commitment comes up (which are likely to then be shot off the board turn 1). 
 

My starting point is actually the Tauralon. This is now 280 points, which is only 20 higher than the gryph charger started (lol), for a 10 wound leader & monster that flies (#1 & #2). Staunch Defender gets it to 2+, mirror shield makes him -2 to hit by missile weapons, and with Steel Pinions a 6+ after save. That actually covers most of our bases.

Importantly, this also unlocks Sequitors, which is the only battleline capable of contesting objectives in Better Part of Valour (fulfilling #1 and #3). The Tauralon also gives them +2 run (good for getting on objectives) and it’s wide base size makes it easier to pass Staunch (without relying on a Castellant, because #2). We could add a Heraldor to further take advantage of the CA, but again #2.

Now, we could just take 3x big blocks of Sequitors. While they aren’t nearly as tough as they used to be, 120 wounds with a 4+ (sometimes rerolling) is still a lot to get rid of.  But as anyone who has played Sequitors will know, those bricks are tough to manoeuvre, and 1” grand hammers is not ideal. There’s also no longer any points advantage to going big, and you get more grandhammers (and attacks) from the Prime. So perhaps 1x20 (for anvil duty) and 2x10 for board coverage? Or even 4x10.  Probably no right answers here.

(We could also explore the use of a large Judicator unit here. A bit of a liability in Better Part of Valour as they have little hope of attacking, but perhaps could sit on one to defend it).

So now we’ve spent 1240 points. What next? Steering clear of 5 wound heroes, we could add in a Stardrake or Drakesworn Templar (more leader monsters with fly). I don’t think we should chase leader/monsters too hard though (as they aren’t very good, and the Stardrakes in particular rely on more 5w support heroes). Also, we don’t as yet have anything to really fight enemy leaders/monsters.

At this point we could consider slotting in a LO ballista battery with Knight Azyros (680 points) or some Longstrikes with an Azyros and birds (650 points). Yes, this means 5 wound support heroes: but the advantage here is they can be hidden off board and still contribute (not the case for others whose abilities go off in the hero phase). TC is still a liability but partly compensated by the range of the shooting units (eg deploying ballista 39” away from their targets and single shotting). 
 

We could also go the other way and, for 400 points, pick up the Prime and  Comet for low-risk (due to range) MW splash damage. 
 

The idea in either case is to kill leaders/behemoths, or otherwise soften them and battleline, so that the Sequitors have a chance of clearing them.
 

Note that I have specifically avoided Evocators, Dracoths and Paladins because they are not battleline/leaders/monsters (#1), or rely too heavily on support heroes that have to be on the board (#2 & #3). But perhaps we can slot in a small support unit alongside the Prime/Comet combo.

What do people think of this reasoning so far?


Oh I forgot about Kroak of course.

Tauralon

Celestant Prime

Kroak

4x10 Sequitors

Comet

Balewind

2000 exactly

 

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

So thinking further about GHB20 lists, let’s try and see what we can do.

A few assumptions:

1) Battleline, Leader and Monster/Behemoths are good. We want to try and take these, and also need to be conscious that the opponent will field lots of these also (and also lots of counters to them).

2) 5 wound support heroes are in a lot of trouble and we should minimise these as much as possible

3) Better Part of Valour and Total Commitment make it unwise to utilise min Libs or rely too strongly on Scions.

2 & 3 feel like the final nail to Gav bombs. Not only is it easily countered by screening, but you have to invest 100-200 points in additional 5 wound support heroes in case Total Commitment comes up (which are likely to then be shot off the board turn 1). 
 

My starting point is actually the Tauralon. This is now 280 points, which is only 20 higher than the gryph charger started (lol), for a 10 wound leader & monster that flies (#1 & #2). Staunch Defender gets it to 2+, mirror shield makes him -2 to hit by missile weapons, and with Steel Pinions a 6+ after save. That actually covers most of our bases.

Importantly, this also unlocks Sequitors, which is the only battleline capable of contesting objectives in Better Part of Valour (fulfilling #1 and #3). The Tauralon also gives them +2 run (good for getting on objectives) and it’s wide base size makes it easier to pass Staunch (without relying on a Castellant, because #2). We could add a Heraldor to further take advantage of the CA, but again #2.

Now, we could just take 3x big blocks of Sequitors. While they aren’t nearly as tough as they used to be, 120 wounds with a 4+ (sometimes rerolling) is still a lot to get rid of.  But as anyone who has played Sequitors will know, those bricks are tough to manoeuvre, and 1” grand hammers is not ideal. There’s also no longer any points advantage to going big, and you get more grandhammers (and attacks) from the Prime. So perhaps 1x20 (for anvil duty) and 2x10 for board coverage? Or even 4x10.  Probably no right answers here.

(We could also explore the use of a large Judicator unit here. A bit of a liability in Better Part of Valour as they have little hope of attacking, but perhaps could sit on one to defend it).

So now we’ve spent 1240 points. What next? Steering clear of 5 wound heroes, we could add in a Stardrake or Drakesworn Templar (more leader monsters with fly). I don’t think we should chase leader/monsters too hard though (as they aren’t very good, and the Stardrakes in particular rely on more 5w support heroes). Also, we don’t as yet have anything to really fight enemy leaders/monsters.

At this point we could consider slotting in a LO ballista battery with Knight Azyros (680 points) or some Longstrikes with an Azyros and birds (650 points). Yes, this means 5 wound support heroes: but the advantage here is they can be hidden off board and still contribute (not the case for others whose abilities go off in the hero phase). TC is still a liability but partly compensated by the range of the shooting units (eg deploying ballista 39” away from their targets and single shotting). 
 

We could also go the other way and, for 400 points, pick up the Prime and  Comet for low-risk (due to range) MW splash damage. 
 

The idea in either case is to kill leaders/behemoths, or otherwise soften them and battleline, so that the Sequitors have a chance of clearing them.
 

Note that I have specifically avoided Evocators, Dracoths and Paladins because they are not battleline/leaders/monsters (#1), or rely too heavily on support heroes that have to be on the board (#2 & #3). But perhaps we can slot in a small support unit alongside the Prime/Comet combo.

What do people think of this reasoning so far?


Oh I forgot about Kroak of course.

Tauralon

Celestant Prime

Kroak

4x10 Sequitors

Comet

Balewind

2000 exactly

 

Just became curious after looking at your list. How would you react against steamroller combat armies? Orruks, fyreslayers, Ogors, DoK for example. Sequitors are just slightly better(and expensive) liberators, and I never expect them to hold against moderately good combat units.

I understand your reasoning for excluding 5~6 wound heroes. But the problem is that you are limiting even more options for SCE by doing so.

Heraldor provides valuable source of AoE mortal wounds and extra mobility. Castellant gives that sweet modifier to saves. Incantor has her voidstorm scrolls to deny a spell at critical moment. Take these away and SCE are left with slower and more fragile units.

Your list also gives up what I believe is still the bread and butter of SCE: evocators of both variants, dracothian guard and long range shooting. Sure, Celestant Prime and Kroak can burst out mortal wounds. But Celestant Prime is just still too fragile. And I strongly doubt Lord arcanum can achieve anything meaningful at the critical moment, mostly due to severe lack of modifier for casting values.

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

Just became curious after looking at your list. How would you react against steamroller combat armies? Orruks, fyreslayers, Ogors, DoK for example. Sequitors are just slightly better(and expensive) liberators, and I never expect them to hold against moderately good combat units.

I understand your reasoning for excluding 5~6 wound heroes. But the problem is that you are limiting even more options for SCE by doing so.

Heraldor provides valuable source of AoE mortal wounds and extra mobility. Castellant gives that sweet modifier to saves. Incantor has her voidstorm scrolls to deny a spell at critical moment. Take these away and SCE are left with slower and more fragile units.

Your list also gives up what I believe is still the bread and butter of SCE: evocators of both variants, dracothian guard and long range shooting. Sure, Celestant Prime and Kroak can burst out mortal wounds. But Celestant Prime is just still too fragile. And I strongly doubt Lord arcanum can achieve anything meaningful at the critical moment, mostly due to severe lack of modifier for casting values.

Yes fair counter points.

i just feel that 5 wound support heroes are too much of a liability. Playing against OBR or LRL (both of whom are extremely popular) it is trivially easy to clear them in one turn, let alone Seraphon, Cities, KO or Tzeentch. Yes it’s a shame that SCE rely so much on support hero synergy; which is why I’m trying to identify a list that does so as little as possible.

This may not be achievable, but I think it’s worth it exploring to be sure.

As an OBR player, looking at SCE I would identify those support heroes and clear them ASAP, because it’s evident how crucial they are to SCE strategy.

Edit: Oh, hey. Aurulan Sentinels are only 280 for 20 and do the same job as Longstrikes (outside of Anvils) but better. We can slot them into our 1240 base to get to 1520. That now leaves us 480 points to pick up some supporting combat units. It is in fact enough for 10 Evocators, but I’m a bit wary of adding more foot infantry. 4x Dracothian Guard would fit in here though. 

Edited by PrimeElectrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

Orruks, fyreslayers, Ogors, DoK for example.

I like how @PrimeElectrid applied a logical thought process to list building and I think you pose a good question in the follow up. I like how a buffed Stardrake will hold up some decent melee armies -

2 hours ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

My starting point is actually the Tauralon. This is now 280 points, which is only 20 higher than the gryph charger started (lol), for a 10 wound leader & monster that flies (#1 & #2). Staunch Defender gets it to 2+, mirror shield makes him -2 to hit by missile weapons

I basically apply this logic (though right now the potential great artefact is the new ignore rend 1 realm artefact - if it is allowed by a TO) to a drake.

The cost here is much more than 280 though - 420 for a templar (tempest axe stopping pileins at 1" is good) but an LCoSD ticks more survivability boxes. Though you always need to add a Castellant - so the cost IS prohibitive and for this reason once you add a drake you're back to a "drake list".

I'll go back to my corner now and stop trying to make ppl play Stardrakes :D

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I like how @PrimeElectrid applied a logical thought process to list building and I think you pose a good question in the follow up. I like how a buffed Stardrake will hold up some decent melee armies -

I basically apply this logic (though right now the potential great artefact is the new ignore rend 1 realm artefact  (if it is allowed by a TO). The cost here is much more than 280 though - 420 for a templar (tempest axe stopping pileins at 1" is good) but an LCoSD ticks more survivability boxes. Though you always need to add a Castellant - so the cost IS prohibitive and for this reason once you add a drake you're back to a "drake list".

I'll go back to my corner now and stop trying to make ppl play Stardrakes :D

I think Stardrakes may have a place in GHB20, I just lean to the Tauralon because it gets you a cheaper monster leader, doesn’t require 5 wound support hero, and unlocks Sequitors as the only battleline which have a fighting chance against other battleline.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

I will practice with the same list as all-comers roster for awhile to better understand how it works. On a side note, the new vanguard chamber looks powerful. But I am doubtful how well such list would perform when the strength of the entire list depends on 4+ save models with only 18 wounds total. Crawlers, lumineth sentinels, salamanders, kharadrons, tzeentch flamers, and even orruk arrowboyz would delight seeing such list.

Having played to vanguard armies with the new points I’m not convinced yet. I am sad to say. 
for a friendly game abso - bad word - lutely. 
but the main strength is the set up outside of 7 & command ability teleport. And raptors and birds which are still good. 
so my thoughts was, cool get the objectives early and score those points with vanguard hunters. But they just died to endrinriggers in combat. While at the same time 10 hunters only killed 2 on the charge. 

havent played the palladors yet. So maybe they will surprise me  

so great fun playstyle. But without the re-rolls to save the hunters can’t tank but also can’t clear anything with two 3+ 4+ no rend damage 1 attacks. So I haven’t figured it out yet. All suggestions welkom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So while Vanguard Auxiliary has been on people's minds, I just realized that my most successful Anvilstrike list went down 110 points, and I already had 20 floating. That's... a good amount of extra flexibility. It's an extra Incantator for magic tricks, that's an extra unit of Libs, that's upgrading 2 Lib units to Judis for extra shooting, that's even 9 extra Aetherwings! What is arguably the best Stormcast list already got some pretty reasonable boosts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I think Stardrakes may have a place in GHB20, I just lean to the Tauralon because it gets you a cheaper monster leader, doesn’t require 5 wound support hero, and unlocks Sequitors as the only battleline which have a fighting chance against other battleline.

Another very important question but one you didn't ask yourself is, how many one or two drop armies are we going to face ? Do we need to try playing that game too or our battalions are too bad to even try ? The fewer drops we have the less at risk our heroes are if we can alpha strike really hard, to remove opponent's key pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that we need to assume that we´re not going to choose what player it´s going to play first and make our list thinking about that (shooting...).

That didn´t change nothing, but until the next Stormcast BT...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Requizen said:

So while Vanguard Auxiliary has been on people's minds, I just realized that my most successful Anvilstrike list went down 110 points, and I already had 20 floating. That's... a good amount of extra flexibility. It's an extra Incantator for magic tricks, that's an extra unit of Libs, that's upgrading 2 Lib units to Judis for extra shooting, that's even 9 extra Aetherwings! What is arguably the best Stormcast list already got some pretty reasonable boosts. 

Have you played with new 24 range in heroes phase? I just dont know man. At this meta state typical shootcast on 9 longstrike feels just to clumsy and to fragile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

I think that we need to assume that we´re not going to choose what player it´s going to play first and make our list thinking about that (shooting...).

That didn´t change nothing, but until the next Stormcast BT...

Unless we Use Vanguard Mega battalion, Skyborne Slayers (1 or 2 drop version) or a mix of warscrolls to have 3 drops max.
Maybe it could be of use to make a listing of 1 or 2 drops lists that we can surely face in a tournament, to see if there's a point in trying to play that low drop game or not.

I've made a list that fits into @PrimeElectrid's thinking :  drops, lots of judicators, and a Tauralon+ celestant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nizrah said:

Have you played with new 24 range in heroes phase? I just dont know man. At this meta state typical shootcast on 9 longstrike feels just to clumsy and to fragile. 

Yes I have. Turn 1 changes but it's not dead. You either Translocate into range with the Relictor, which is fairly reliable (especially when events do once-per-game charity rerolls) or you set up to get one round in the shooting phase and play defensively. I also sometimes leave them off the board and then drop them for a turn 1 volley. After turn 1, 30" is usually overkill if you position correctly, so it's not that big of a deal.

With many missions only having a 18" no mans land now, you can usually set up with something in 24" anyways, even if it's not the primary target. Then try to Translocate. If it fails, shoot something else and play for the next turn, or bank the CA to get your Evocators around more reliably. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Requizen said:

(especially when events do once-per-game charity rerolls)

What? 

After trying shootcast vs Seraphons... no just no. I will stick to my Starcast for now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we can ally in all ORDER i was thinking of something like this:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Soulthief
Knight-Incantor (120)
- Spell: Stormcaller
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
10 x Evocators (420)
- 10x Grandstaves
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
20 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (280)
- Allies

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 280 / 400
Wounds: 131

Sentinels that can handle them selves. 

Thoughts ideas about sentinels in our army? 

Edited by FattBooM666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FattBooM666 said:

Since we can ally in all ORDER i was thinking of something like this:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Soulthief
Knight-Incantor (120)
- Spell: Stormcaller
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
10 x Evocators (420)
- 10x Grandstaves
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
- Allies
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
- Allies

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 280 / 400
Wounds: 131

Sentinels that can handle them selves. 

Thoughts ideas about sentinels in our army? 

I think it s a strong shooty list,  you ll struggle in the scenarios requiring battlelines, heroes for extra vp. But if you kill the ennemy first it doesn t matter. I would personnally get rid of the palissade in order to try to get a triumph instead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...