Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Recommended Posts

@Maturin @Nizrah thanks! Disabling LoC is always my priority, unfortunately it’s so much easier with KO. I was hoping there are some viable strategies outside of anvilstrike and starcast. I’d love to shoot his treacherous *** back to the warp, but I’m afraid I don’t have enough balistas and longstrikes. I hope, that with some point changes I might add some hammer-power. I guess, that without new tome we really have only two viable strategies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Point leaks are out. It's very close to what I was hoping for... almost every unit is cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mildly disappointed to be honest. They could tweak some things like max units without touching the warscrolls, or drop the battalion costs a bit more. 

Also seems likely to be some typos, such as sequitors not having a max unit discount this time round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Many of us have dreamed of this day... :)

Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (130)
- Lord Aquilor (170)
- Knight Azyros (100)
- Knight Venator (110)
- Knight Venator (110)
Vanguard Angelos Conclave (150)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Palladors (170)
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)

1990/2000 | 1 drop | 3CP | Anvils

Edited by scrubyandwells
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

55 minutes ago, scrubyandwells said:

Many of us have dreamed of this day... :)

Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (130)
- Lord Aquilor (170)
- Knight Azyros (100)
- Knight Venator (110)
- Knight Venator (110)
Vanguard Angelos Conclave (150)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Palladors (170)
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)

1990/2000 | 1 drop | 3CP | Anvils

If you use Anvils you have enough CP to make all 3 units of Longstrikes shoot twice in the first turn. Thats potentially 36 shots in a single round, which would take a normal 1x9 anvils list two rounds.

Very interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally, its funny how they pushed our shooting with the decreases. I kinda get the feeling this was on purpose , a strongish shooting army is needed to balance things out in tourney scene. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

20 Judicators is only 560 points now. I wonder if a 2x20 Jud Anvils list has some potential

Edited by PJetski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Many of us have dreamed of this day... :)

Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (130)
...

Had the same thought yesterday! Fasten your seatbelts, Vanguard Chamber is entering the ring 😉 Finally

Edited by Milano
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Many of us have dreamed of this day... :)

Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (130)
- Lord Aquilor (170)
- Knight Azyros (100)
- Knight Venator (110)
- Knight Venator (110)
Vanguard Angelos Conclave (150)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Palladors (170)
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)

1990/2000 | 1 drop | 3CP | Anvils

As a Vanguard fan, I like it. Having played it in 2500 pint lists I know it is jut obnoxious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good that the Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber can now be played under 2000.
But the real problem is that not only does it happen 2 years later after the BT has been published, but that it's also the only big format one to be available.
There should be in all BT, several battalions that can be played at a 2000 points limits, since it's the official one used in tourneys,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Many of us have dreamed of this day... :)

Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (130)
- Lord Aquilor (170)
- Knight Azyros (100)
- Knight Venator (110)
- Knight Venator (110)
Vanguard Angelos Conclave (150)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Palladors (170)
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)

1990/2000 | 1 drop | 3CP | Anvils

I ordered missing vanguards already. This is how I’m going to get rid off Tzeentch. Sigmar be praised. I don’t even feel like having new tome at the moment. Vanguards are usable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Maturin said:

It's good that the Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber can now be played under 2000.
But the real problem is that not only does it happen 2 years later after the BT has been published, but that it's also the only big format one to be available.
There should be in all BT, several battalions that can be played at a 2000 points limits, since it's the official one used in tourneys,

I couldn’t agree more, maybe it will be changed with new tome (someday when it is released), let’s just be happy with this little spark of joy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Borsuk said:

I couldn’t agree more, maybe it will be changed with new tome (someday when it is released), let’s just be happy with this little spark of joy. 

"Little spark of joy".
That's the problem. Collectively our position as players can be metaphorically seen as an abusive relationship or a stockholm syndrome at best.
GW produces magnificient models. That's true. But when it comes to the games they sell, they regularily abuse us, by constantly changing parameters, most of the time for bad. They just did it by removing Malign Sorceries artifacts for instance. It used to make us able to use outdated battalions and warscrolls, even against armies who beneficiated from the Power creep. And now Poof gone.
So we have to enjoy, as you say "those little positive moments" we have, otherwise, we'll end up not playing anymore, selling everything we have or worse, burning all of our collection like the guy who burned his whole Dark Elf army when WFB was destroyed. Sometimes I think it would be better if people massively stopped playing/buying. But this hobby is an addiction, so despite the constant slaps, we're still here.

It's a shame. I really wish GW would hire people playing in tournaments (if they didn't) or hire people with a sound mind who speak said mind.
 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The World Tree said:

As a Vanguard fan, I like it. Having played it in 2500 pint lists I know it is jut obnoxious.

Yeah, I just suspect there's a sizable difference between Vanguard Chamber at 2K vs 2.5K, mainly since at 2.5K, you have room to make one of the Longstrikes a 1x9, whereas in 2K, you're capped at 3x3. I could be wrong, though.

Another potential issue, as someone mentioned to me on Twitter: if we're losing Aetherquartz Brooch, then that will really affect this build, given how hungry it is for CP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, scrubyandwells said:

Another potential issue, as someone mentioned to me on Twitter: if we're losing Aetherquartz Brooch, then that will really affect this build, given how hungry it is for CP.

I mean if you get your longstrikes off, and your dice don’t hate you , you probably crippled your opponent anyway so I kinda feels thats Ok without the AqB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, schwabbele said:

I mean if you get your longstrikes off, and your dice don’t hate you , you probably crippled your opponent anyway so I kinda feels thats Ok without the AqB. 

If your opponent deploys within distance (at least in the first hero phase) then more fool them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

If your opponent deploys within distance (at least in the first hero phase) then more fool them

Also banking on those longstrikes not just exploding to artellery or super casters if they do not manage to pick them of. I see KO list just deploy in a corner, then fly high and blow up the squishy longstrikes, when all the hitting power of a list relies on 3 x 6 wound units, that will end poorly quick. 

The idea of the list is cool and it should simply be way cheaper to do this, so you could get the +1 attack on hunters and paladors and have them be a threat for real. If this list was 1 battalion for the +1 and with 300 ish points to beef up longstrikes, get more paladors etc then it would have real legs to stand on, now it is just banking way too much on too few wounds. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

Mimimimimimimi 

? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I‘ve seen a lot of SCE pity and bitterness the last few months (including myself 😄)..and I know its just 10pts less mostly, but I really appreciate the extra possibilities now. Several of my lists feel finally „complete“. Without having to make painful cuts. I haven’t really used ext. Artefacts eitherway to much. Feels like a new playground untill we get back to demigod status (new BT) as we should be lorewise ☺️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Many of us have dreamed of this day... :)

Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (130)
- Lord Aquilor (170)
- Knight Azyros (100)
- Knight Venator (110)
- Knight Venator (110)
Vanguard Angelos Conclave (150)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Palladors (170)
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)

1990/2000 | 1 drop | 3CP | Anvils

Been playing this since the start of 2nd edition,,though you have to use Hurricanes instead of Longstrikes and I use a Knight Zephros instead of an extra Venator.I only played 3 games with it in my group but won all 3,,rather easily even.Retired the army at the time though since Moonclan came out and I switched to them.The thing is,,once players know to shoot the Aetherwings off as soon as they can,,the army gets picked off pretty easily..also getting double turned is a deathnell,,you just dont have the wounds to deal with that.However single drop allows you to make your opponent go first so that helps alot,,just start with your onboard stuff hiding on board edges and out of sight if they have shooting.
 I know most prefer the Longstrikes,but im here to say that Hurricanes with 10 shots per model, and rr 1s to hit,wreck most anything you point them at..as long as there is at least one bird alive,you usually can cockblock a charge on them too,,then use the Auquilor to port them to safety when ya can.

 Its a very fragile build and rather nailbiting to play with,but now that it looks like I have around 110 pts to play with,ill probably throw it down in the near future.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Milano said:

I‘ve seen a lot of SCE pity and bitterness the last few months (including myself 😄)..and I know its just 10pts less mostly, but I really appreciate the extra possibilities now. Several of my lists feel finally „complete“. Without having to make painful cuts. I haven’t really used ext. Artefacts eitherway to much. Feels like a new playground untill we get back to demigod status (new BT) as we should be lorewise ☺️

I feel you. I know that  new tome would be better, but I’ll take what I got. I totally agree with list “completing” part. Maybe our warscrolls are not up to the date, but at least I feel like I can have some fun once again. I know that we’re being sacrificed on GW money altar, but right now I’m feeling like I have something for exchange. It can’t be always so bad, it age of SIGMAR after all.

1 hour ago, Thostos said:

Been playing this since the start of 2nd edition,,though you have to use Hurricanes instead of Longstrikes and I use a Knight Zephros instead of an extra Venator.I only played 3 games with it in my group but won all 3,,rather easily even.Retired the army at the time though since Moonclan came out and I switched to them.The thing is,,once players know to shoot the Aetherwings off as soon as they can,,the army gets picked off pretty easily..also getting double turned is a deathnell,,you just dont have the wounds to deal with that.However single drop allows you to make your opponent go first so that helps alot,,just start with your onboard stuff hiding on board edges and out of sight if they have shooting.
 I know most prefer the Longstrikes,but im here to say that Hurricanes with 10 shots per model, and rr 1s to hit,wreck most anything you point them at..as long as there is at least one bird alive,you usually can cockblock a charge on them too,,then use the Auquilor to port them to safety when ya can.

 Its a very fragile build and rather nailbiting to play with,but now that it looks like I have around 110 pts to play with,ill probably throw it down in the near future.

 

I was thinking about hurricanes for some time. Volume of shots are something to be reckoned with, and we still have around 100 point to do something with them. List with either raptors looks awesome and fun to play, but I guess it is fragile and kind of one trick pony. I will give it a try nevertheless. It’s just a game, isn’t it?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anvils

20 Judicators

5 Judicators

5 Judicators

3 Longstrikes

3 Longstrikes

Relictor

Incantor

Azyros

12 units of Aetherwings

1980

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...