They might just raise the cost on aetherwings, those cowards

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

If they lower libs and raise longstrikes and evos im gonna poo poo em

Yups, and im gonna help you.

2 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Yups, and im gonna help you.

Count me in. :D

i really hope GW will make our life just a little bit easier. Are you thinking they will really rise tax for any of our units? It’s not like they’re competitive or something.

My diaper garbage bin is 60% full - i bring the supplies / restock 🙂 

• Haha 1

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the only change was cheaper Libs and more expensive Longstrikes.

Maybe we’ll see some tweaks to stuff that got missed before? Judicators, Castigators and Paladins come to mind.

7 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the only change was cheaper Libs and more expensive Longstrikes.

Maybe we’ll see some tweaks to stuff that got missed before? Judicators, Castigators and Paladins come to mind.

they finna look at my list and go "well time to raise points on evos and longstrikes again"

on the other hand if libs are going down then sequitors and judis might come down too

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hughwyeth said:

Yeah it's not good- i play as generic LA on Dracoline, but she's not great in-game. But it looks great! Especially next to evocators on dracolines.

Cool, then I’m going to get my conversion on when I’m done with the rest of the host. 

• Like 1

I'm a bit disappointed that they are lowering the points on Stormcasts. I would have much rather seen improvements to the warscrolls so they are worth their points. And if that was happening anytime soon they would probably not be lowering the points just to bring them up again. So we're probably stuck with the current warscrolls longer that at least I hoped.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Memnoch said:

I'm a bit disappointed that they are lowering the points on Stormcasts. I would have much rather seen improvements to the warscrolls so they are worth their points. And if that was happening anytime soon they would probably not be lowering the points just to bring them up again. So we're probably stuck with the current warscrolls longer that at least I hoped.

Not necessarily. For instance, with winter update KO got some points lowering and next month they got new battletome. GHB was assembled and printed long ago. Don't lose hope 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Memnoch said:

Nah theyll bring the points back up when the scrolls are worth it.

See: Skinks. They raised the points, changed the warscroll then brought em back down

• Like 1

Just now, Borsuk said:

Not necessarily. For instance, with winter update KO got some points lowering and next month they got new battletome. GHB was assembled and printed long ago. Don't lose hope 

That is a good point. I hope you're right.

5 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Nah theyll bring the points back up when the scrolls are worth it.

See: Skinks. They raised the points, changed the warscroll then brought em back down

That's also true. I'm just worried about the timeframe. But maybe some point drops will hold us over for a bit.

Despite the news that Liberators will be cheaper, Im still ready to be disappointed by Stormcast in GHB 2020 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

mm whoever just added stuff to the stormcast 4chan thought skyborneslayers with 15 paladins is a real thing. Made me laugh a bit.

16 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Despite the news that Liberators will be cheaper, Im still ready to be disappointed by Stormcast in GHB 2020 

They cant make sweeping changes, ****** off too many anti sce people. I just dont them to further raise things (evos, longstrikes) in SCE that are working

45 minutes ago, Memnoch said:

If it helps. They lowered freeguild warscrolls in the last ghb a month before cities was announced, if I remember correctly. 
also the article said that the updated points only include cities at the latest. So a new stormcast book might have not a set date at that time. So changing points would be prudent. 

Yeah, I'll take any improvement for SCE. Let's start with point reduction, and then make us demigods we supposed to be with new battletome. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 12:58 PM, Nizrah said:

Yea, because they are poster boys.

Nah, because they were the first faction to be released after the burning of WHF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

mm whoever just added stuff to the stormcast 4chan thought skyborneslayers with 15 paladins is a real thing. Made me laugh a bit

What are tout talking about ? Do you have a link ?

16 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Nah, because they were the first faction to be released after the burning of WHF

Its nearly the same :P

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Maturin said:

What are tout talking about ? Do you have a link ?

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Order/Stormcast_Eternals

Skyborne Slayers: With 2x5 Libs, 2x5 Judies, 5 Decimators, 15 Protectors, and 1 Lord Celestant, clocking in at 1530 points, and with their own special Deepstrike Ability, you set these guys up your enemy's face (5"!!) and charge in for the alpha strike. Sure you have to set em all up at the same time and within 12" of a point, but not fully within, so leaving some room on the flanks and behind your line. While its tempting to add more paladins and/or redeemer units, its well worth adding 6 longstrikes and a venator to do some sniping, add the Anvils of Heldenhammer stormhost, and really add some extra fiwfiw, say the are from Hysh and laugh maniacally, when your Aetherquarts Brooch gives your your commandpoint back! or add a 420 point Templar on a Star Drake and say they are now from Shyish, and give him ethereal :). The battalion (imo) plays best with 15 protectors, 10 sometimes dont get the job done. and would prefer 6 longstrikes and the venator over the dragon. they add more consistent mw output and work very well with the stormhost! Note that you always give the protectors max star soul maces, and for the Decimators, you could, but just thrown them at a horde unit. theyll do more work with 50 3/3/-1 attacks than 30 attacks and 2d3 mw. As for the Lord Celestant, just keep him behind the protectors incase you want to spend a commandpoint fighting them twice! you have to give him the garbage command trait and weapon from the Stormhost, but he wasnt gonna do alot in melee anyway, just use his cape? to shoot. Same for the Judies, give them crossbows, and for the special weapon take the bow, theyll soften up the enemy for the Protectors. With the 2019 Points changes to evoc going up and protectors going down, its a strong battalion, and a valid strategy.

Edited by Juicy
  • Haha 2

Well, maybe it's not competitive, but sounds fun. Kinda. I guess. 😛

5 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Clearly, the guy doesn't play stormcast :D

Yeah, its nice on the internet. But in practise i can tell it aint going to work. I do play skyborne slayers for a very long time weekly and most things on the theorie crafting part works not atm with stormcast.. Because simple not enough damage... Funny enough the knight venator gets mentioned;) must be a narretive game:)

• Like 1

Just now, Juicy said:

Yeah, its nice on the internet. But in practise i can tell it aint going to work. I do play skyborne slayers for a very long time weekly and most things on the theorie crafting part works not atm with stormcast.. Because simple not enough damage... Funny enough the knight venator gets mentioned;) must be a narretive game:)

Skyborne slayers can be very effective though, when played by a skillfull general, but yeah, past the initial alpha, it's a slow grind that often doesn't go our way.
I usually won because of abuse of terrain for better saves and good artifact seletion.

Roark was using a complement of aetherwings and longstrikes to great effect.

• Like 1