AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Just now, Borsuk said:

Not necessarily. For instance, with winter update KO got some points lowering and next month they got new battletome. GHB was assembled and printed long ago. Don't lose hope 

That is a good point. I hope you're right.

5 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Nah theyll bring the points back up when the scrolls are worth it.

See: Skinks. They raised the points, changed the warscroll then brought em back down

That's also true. I'm just worried about the timeframe. But maybe some point drops will hold us over for a bit.

16 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Despite the news that Liberators will be cheaper, Im still ready to be disappointed by Stormcast in GHB 2020 

They cant make sweeping changes, ****** off too many anti sce people. I just dont them to further raise things (evos, longstrikes) in SCE that are working

45 minutes ago, Memnoch said:

I'm a bit disappointed that they are lowering the points on Stormcasts. I would have much rather seen improvements to the warscrolls so they are worth their points. And if that was happening anytime soon they would probably not be lowering the points just to bring them up again. So we're probably stuck with the current warscrolls longer that at least I hoped.

If it helps. They lowered freeguild warscrolls in the last ghb a month before cities was announced, if I remember correctly. 
also the article said that the updated points only include cities at the latest. So a new stormcast book might have not a set date at that time. So changing points would be prudent. 

16 minutes ago, Maturin said:

What are tout talking about ? Do you have a link ?

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Order/Stormcast_Eternals

Skyborne Slayers: With 2x5 Libs, 2x5 Judies, 5 Decimators, 15 Protectors, and 1 Lord Celestant, clocking in at 1530 points, and with their own special Deepstrike Ability, you set these guys up your enemy's face (5"!!) and charge in for the alpha strike. Sure you have to set em all up at the same time and within 12" of a point, but not fully within, so leaving some room on the flanks and behind your line. While its tempting to add more paladins and/or redeemer units, its well worth adding 6 longstrikes and a venator to do some sniping, add the Anvils of Heldenhammer stormhost, and really add some extra fiwfiw, say the are from Hysh and laugh maniacally, when your Aetherquarts Brooch gives your your commandpoint back! or add a 420 point Templar on a Star Drake and say they are now from Shyish, and give him ethereal :). The battalion (imo) plays best with 15 protectors, 10 sometimes dont get the job done. and would prefer 6 longstrikes and the venator over the dragon. they add more consistent mw output and work very well with the stormhost! Note that you always give the protectors max star soul maces, and for the Decimators, you could, but just thrown them at a horde unit. theyll do more work with 50 3/3/-1 attacks than 30 attacks and 2d3 mw. As for the Lord Celestant, just keep him behind the protectors incase you want to spend a commandpoint fighting them twice! you have to give him the garbage command trait and weapon from the Stormhost, but he wasnt gonna do alot in melee anyway, just use his cape? to shoot. Same for the Judies, give them crossbows, and for the special weapon take the bow, theyll soften up the enemy for the Protectors. With the 2019 Points changes to evoc going up and protectors going down, its a strong battalion, and a valid strategy.

Edited by Juicy
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Clearly, the guy doesn't play stormcast :D

Yeah, its nice on the internet. But in practise i can tell it aint going to work. I do play skyborne slayers for a very long time weekly and most things on the theorie crafting part works not atm with stormcast.. Because simple not enough damage... Funny enough the knight venator gets mentioned;) must be a narretive game:)

• Like 1

Just now, Juicy said:

Yeah, its nice on the internet. But in practise i can tell it aint going to work. I do play skyborne slayers for a very long time weekly and most things on the theorie crafting part works not atm with stormcast.. Because simple not enough damage... Funny enough the knight venator gets mentioned;) must be a narretive game:)

Skyborne slayers can be very effective though, when played by a skillfull general, but yeah, past the initial alpha, it's a slow grind that often doesn't go our way.
I usually won because of abuse of terrain for better saves and good artifact seletion.

Roark was using a complement of aetherwings and longstrikes to great effect.

• Like 1

Yeah i love skyborne slayers, but right now its a uphill fight against most players that i cant suprise because they know my list. Mayb with the new point changes we free up a couple of points to be a little bit better. 

Sad to see my lord celestant with judgement bomb gone. cause he was making games. Any sugestions how to run him now? Was thinking about staunch defender and mirrorshield or something protectives cause 5 wound hero aint going to survive much.

20 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Yeah i love skyborne slayers, but right now its a uphill fight against most players that i cant suprise because they know my list. Mayb with the new point changes we free up a couple of points to be a little bit better. 

Sad to see my lord celestant with judgement bomb gone. cause he was making games. Any sugestions how to run him now? Was thinking about staunch defender and mirrorshield or something protectives cause 5 wound hero aint going to survive much.

To be honest, we can't really expect a 100 points hero to survive very long. If you can afford, an Errant Questor could to the trick ? Artifact wise, it's not really interesting to theorycraft, since the GHB will erase all of those we had in Malign sorcery. The pure SCE ones are garbage imho but I would use the armor of silvered steel if I had to. The mirror shield is nice but if you play it right, no shooting units should be able to be effective against him, especially when you combien LOS + protectors

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maturin said:

The mirror shield is nice but if you play it right, no shooting units should be able to be effective against him, especially when you combien LOS + protectors

Too bad thats new top shooting unit have 36 range, doesnt need to have los and deals mortals on 5 and 6 XD

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Staunch Defender is usually a very good trait, but its useless on the charge.  Depending on what yout play beside the Skyborne, Anvile stormhost Can bé very good. Or celestial vindicators

Edited by Maturin

2 hours ago, Borsuk said:

Yeah, I'll take any improvement for SCE. Let's start with point reduction, and then make us demigods we supposed to be with new battletome. 

Absolutely this. They need to do for SCE what they did for space marines. One moment SM were terrible- weapons that were uninteresting and a troop unit that was unremarkable compared to any other troop unit. Now they're much closer to how they're portrayed in the narrative. Their weapons can be AP/Rend -2 on a standard unit!

When you read about stormcast, the armous is made FROM SIGMARITE ORE HARVESTED FROM THE HEART OF THE OLD WORLD THAT FLOATS ABOVE AZYR, CRAFTED BY THE DUARDIN DEMIGODS THE SIX SMITHS. THEIR WEAPONS ARE INFUSED WITH THE ENERGIES OF ONE OF THE SENTIENT STORMS OF AZYR. Hmm, what should their stat line be? 4+ save, 2 attacks 4+/3+/rend 0/1 damage, bravery 6. These guys should be incredibly powerful. 3+ save minimum. 2 attacks, 3+/3+/rend -1/1dmg minimum, bravery 8 minimum. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Absolutely this. They need to do for SCE what they did for space marines. One moment SM were terrible- weapons that were uninteresting and a troop unit that was unremarkable compared to any other troop unit. Now they're much closer to how they're portrayed in the narrative. Their weapons can be AP/Rend -2 on a standard unit!

When you read about stormcast, the armous is made FROM SIGMARITE ORE HARVESTED FROM THE HEART OF THE OLD WORLD THAT FLOATS ABOVE AZYR, CRAFTED BY THE DUARDIN DEMIGODS THE SIX SMITHS. THEIR WEAPONS ARE INFUSED WITH THE ENERGIES OF ONE OF THE SENTIENT STORMS OF AZYR. Hmm, what should their stat line be? 4+ save, 2 attacks 4+/3+/rend 0/1 damage, bravery 6. These guys should be incredibly powerful. 3+ save minimum. 2 attacks, 3+/3+/rend -1/1dmg minimum, bravery 8 minimum. 

Yeah. We are  the storm incarnate, we will strike with all our might and inflict one wound :D

6 minutes ago, Borsuk said:

Yeah. We are  the storm incarnate, we will strike with all our might and inflict one wound :D

Well lightning usually misses the things I wish it would hit, so sounds realistic to me 💁‍♀️

• Haha 1

What I'd really like would be for each of the Chambers to feel like they have their distinct role, but for each of the units to cover a lot of territory. As originally conceived, we can only field a few units of elite warriors, so they shouldn't be so tightly specialized.

Here are things that would make me happy:

Libs, Hunters, and Sequitors all become generic Battleline. Libs are the tanky ones, Hunters are the killy ones, and Sequitors are the adaptable ones - they don't actually need to change much.

Paladins all become more tanky and more killy, and their role makes them better in certain circumstances without weakening them in others (Decimators should still be a serious threat to a single hero, etc).  Evocators don't need to change much, they do their job well enough.

Options to make more models Battleline: Palladors, Dracothian Guard, Prosecutors, Gryph-Hounds, etc.

Obviously, buffs to warscrolls, Alliegance Abilities, etc will all be greatly appreciated.