Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Guys I have a little question about the Storm-winged mount trait. Just to make sure I'm playing this right, the wording seems to be on a 2+ on any type of move where you pass over a unit you do D3 mortals to 1 unit. Does this trigger on move, charge and pile-in? A pile-in is a type of move, and with a flying model there's nothing stopping you from dipping 1" over then 1" back and landing in the exact same space to trigger the D3 MWs.

Playing it like this, I'm regularly charging in slightly over range then "backing up", doing D3 mortals, then doing D3 mortals every combat activation by "shimmying". If this is correct, why would anyone take a different mount trait? It makes the Stardrake way more killy than people let on.

• LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, Siorra said:

orm-winged mount trait. Just to make sure I'm playing this right, the wording seems to be on a 2+ on any type of move where you pass over a unit you do D3 mortals to 1 unit. Does this trigger on move, charge and pile-in? A pile-in is a type of move, and with a flying model there's nothing stoppi

This is correct. Since the rewording in the latest book it does not apply to the movement phase alone, so pile ins should also count. 

32 minutes ago, Siorra said:

Guys I have a little question about the Storm-winged mount trait. Just to make sure I'm playing this right, the wording seems to be on a 2+ on any type of move where you pass over a unit you do D3 mortals to 1 unit. Does this trigger on move, charge and pile-in? A pile-in is a type of move, and with a flying model there's nothing stopping you from dipping 1" over then 1" back and landing in the exact same space to trigger the D3 MWs.

Playing it like this, I'm regularly charging in slightly over range then "backing up", doing D3 mortals, then doing D3 mortals every combat activation by "shimmying". If this is correct, why would anyone take a different mount trait? It makes the Stardrake way more killy than people let on.

Yes, you are correct. It does not specify a "normal move" or any specific phase, so it works on every kind of move in every phase.

3 hours ago, Siorra said:

CAn somebody draw it ? English is not my mother tongue and don't really see how you would do that and it would be legal

1 hour ago, Maturin said:

CAn somebody draw it ? English is not my mother tongue and don't really see how you would do that and it would be legal

See attached picture.

E7884D08-7B95-4E2B-9E04-A3CA7C333B79.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

See attached picture.

E7884D08-7B95-4E2B-9E04-A3CA7C333B79.jpeg

Dragon Cheese ? XD
But how could that pile in would be legal or interesting ? More often that not, unit targeting a Stardrake would be either ver numerous, or too deep to do a 3 inch fly. Furthermore, isn't the pile in rule saying that we can only move toward the nearest enemy mini ?

14 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Dragon Cheese ? XD
But how could that pile in would be legal or interesting ? More often that not, unit targeting a Stardrake would be either ver numerous, or too deep to do a 3 inch fly. Furthermore, isn't the pile in rule saying that we can only move toward the nearest enemy mini ?

It doesn't say that, it says that you must finish your move at least as close to closest enemy model you started pile-in

And because Drake can fly, he can move over enemy models, so he moves a milimeter of his base over enemy model's base and goes back - done, you roll for MWs

1 minute ago, XReN said:

It doesn't say that, it says that you must finish your move at least as close to closest enemy model you started pile-in

And because Drake can fly, he can move over enemy models, so he moves a milimeter of his base over enemy model's base and goes back - done, you roll for MWs?

So there isn't any actual flying ? It's just imagined ?
I was told there was an errata saying taht if a model is at equal distance between town models, he then cannot pile move anymore. SO if that move is legal, we still have to be careful about position, right ?

1 minute ago, Maturin said:

I was told there was an errata saying taht if a model is at equal distance between town models, he then cannot pile move anymore. SO if that move is legal, we still have to be careful about position, right ?

I remember smtg like that, so yes, probably don't want to get in base to base with more than 1 enemy model

I was thinking of taking the following list to a Meeting Engagement tournament? How does it hold up in your opinion?

CELESTIAL VINDICATORS

SPEARHEAD

Celestant-Prime

5x Evocators SPELL: Celestial Blades

MAIN BODY

Lord Castellant (GENERAL) Single-minded Fury & Stormrage Blade

10x Liberators (Warhammer & Shield) 2x Greathammers

REARGUARD

5x Vanguard-Hunters (Boltstorm Pistols & Storm Sabres)

Total: 990 pts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Maturin said:

CpWUpyO.jpg

Sorry if the image doesn't work, I'm trying to do this via mobile, but to answer that question, yes it is legal. You move 1" over, 1" back, as long as you end in the exact same space as before you're playing within the rules. If your opponent is ok with you saving time, you can just say you did it each time. The rule is there, after all.

Edited by Siorra
Fixed image

1 hour ago, Siorra said:

CpWUpyO_d.jpg

Sorry if the image doesn't work, I'm trying to do this via mobile, but to answer that question, yes it is legal. You move 1" over, 1" back, as long as you end in the exact same space as before you're playing within the rules. If your opponent is ok with you saving time, you can just say you did it each time. The rule is there, after all.

Yeah, image"s too smal :)

11 hours ago, XReN said:

I remember smtg like that, so yes, probably don't want to get in base to base with more than 1 enemy model

You can still make the pile-in move, just need to finish B2B with all the models you were previously. Which is not a problem for a flying model.

10 hours ago, tom_gore said:

You can still make the pile-in move, just need to finish B2B with all the models you were previously. Which is not a problem for a flying model.

So you fly over the models and get back to your position or just fly over and cross ? I'm sorry to make you guys repeat yourselves, don't understand how that's legal and viable.

1 hour ago, Maturin said:

So you fly over the models and get back to your position or just fly over and cross ? I'm sorry to make you guys repeat yourselves, don't understand how that's legal and viable.

Fly towards the enemy models and then fly back to its original position.

Just had a crazy game where my Drakesworn Templar essentially single-handedly wiped out an entire FEC army. He killed a wounded Terrorgheist, the majority of a 6-man Flayer unit, an another entire 6-man Flayer unit (hit bit through their coherency, destroying 2 of them automatically at the end of the turn), 40 Ghouls and an Archregent.  I ran him with Stormlance as Celestial Vindicators and used  both the command trait and the Stormrage Blade. 1820 points wiped out by this single 460 point model. Hilarious!

On another note, is it just me or are Aetherwings just not that good? I use 2 units in my list and so far they've only managed to block an enemy charge in turn 1 and then the opponent gets a double and wipes me out anyway. Or they get shot to bits before they can disrupt since they're made of paper. They've never really performed like these amazing screens like everyone are talking about.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Marzillius said:

Just had a crazy game where my Drakesworn Templar essentially single-handedly wiped out an entire FEC army. He killed a wounded Terrorgheist, the majority of a 6-man Flayer unit, an another entire 6-man Flayer unit (hit bit through their coherency, destroying 2 of them automatically at the end of the turn), 40 Ghouls and an Archregent.  I ran him with Stormlance as Celestial Vindicators and used  both the command trait and the Stormrage Blade. 1820 points wiped out by this single 460 point model. Hilarious!

On another note, is it just me or are Aetherwings just not that good? I use 2 units in my list and so far they've only managed to block an enemy charge in turn 1 and then the opponent gets a double and wipes me out anyway. Or they get shot to bits before they can disrupt since they're made of paper. They've never really performed like these amazing screens like everyone are talking about.

Bring 2 units of aetherwings, stop charges even in a double turn. Plan ahead.

7 hours ago, PJetski said:

Bring 2 units of aetherwings, stop charges even in a double turn. Plan ahead.

I bring 2, I even said so, but what always happens is that one disrupts turn 1 and the other gets destroyed by shooting or magic and then I get doubled and destroyed.

10 minutes ago, Marzillius said:

I bring 2, I even said so, but what always happens is that one disrupts turn 1 and the other gets destroyed by shooting or magic and then I get doubled and destroyed.

If they are spending time shooting or throwing magic at a 50pt unit they aren't throwing it at something far more valuable, the aetherwings have done their job

If your enemy gets a double turn every game you should turn your dice on the other side when you put them in the oven ;)

Hi all,

Implayed Stormcast eternals in Meeting Engagement rules First Time and I lost clearly twice.

My list was not hard 

++ Meeting Engagement - Spearhead (Order - Stormcast Eternals) [180pts] ++

+ Other +

Prosecutors [90pts]: 3 Prosecutors, Paired Celestial Hammers

Prosecutors [90pts]: 3 Prosecutors, Paired Celestial Hammers

++ Meeting Engagement - Main Body (Order - Stormcast Eternals) [640pts] ++

+ Leader +

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-charger [220pts]: 0. God-forged Blade, 0. We Cannot Fail, 1. Wind Runner, 2. Celestial Blades, General

+ Battleline +

Judicators [160pts]: 5 Judicators, Shockbolt Bow, Skybolt Bow

Sequitors [260pts]: 2x 5 Sequitors, 4x Stormsmite Greatmace, Stormsmite Greatmace (Sequitor-Prime), Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance

. Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals: Hammers of Sigmar

+ Game Options +

Game Type: No Points or Battlerole Validation (Open)

++ Meeting Engagement - Rearguard (Order - Stormcast Eternals) [180pts] ++

+ Other +

Vanguard-Palladors [180pts]: 3 Vanguard-Palladors, Starstrike Javelin

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I wanted to be quick to geht the objektives, but the Units werde just too weak. I played  twice against Iron Jaws and got ripped in melee.

Can you help me with a more competitive approach and may be  some explanations how to play?

13 minutes ago, SerialMoM said:

I wanted to be quick to geht the objektives, but the Units werde just too weak. I played  twice against Iron Jaws and got ripped in melee.

Can you help me with a more competitive approach and may be  some explanations how to play?

To start it off - you don't get any benefit from going Hammers with this list, it's not worth going with them if you're not planing to use their named characters.

With better trait (like staunch defenders) and better artefact you would have a much bigger chance to fight the orks.

Then you should be smart with how you play, because IJ will snowball you with activations by killing weak units like prosecutors and judicators, you want to charge with prosecutors to "pincer" enemy unit from 2 sides, preferably so opponent will strugle with piling in and will be able to reach each of your prosecutor units with only 1 model, so you'll be able to do some damage without getting insta-shredded. Same applies to everything that is not seqitors, with them you can fully commit to charge and fight with all models

Also, what models do you have? Something might be better than what you have currently in the list.

i try this list, not bad

Spoiler

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Spearhead
Knight-Heraldor (100)
2 x Concussors (240)

Main Body
Lord-Castellant (120)
- General
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Evocators (220)

Rearguard
5 x Evocators (220)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 61

Thanks Xren, I can field nearly everything.

Even the Sequitors got shreeded although I attacked. But my Enemy got lucky with a Triumph.

11 minutes ago, XReN said:

To start it off - you don't get any benefit from going Hammers with this list, it's not worth going with them if you're not planing to use their named characters.

With better trait (like staunch defenders) and better artefact you would have a much bigger chance to fight the orks.

Then you should be smart with how you play, because IJ will snowball you with activations by killing weak units like prosecutors and judicators, you want to charge with prosecutors to "pincer" enemy unit from 2 sides, preferably so opponent will strugle with piling in and will be able to reach each of your prosecutor units with only 1 model, so you'll be able to do some damage without getting insta-shredded. Same applies to everything that is not seqitors, with them you can fully commit to charge and fight with all models

Also, what models do you have? Something might be better than what you have currently in the list.

3 minutes ago, azmarus said:

i try this list, not bad

Hide contents

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Spearhead
Knight-Heraldor (100)
2 x Concussors (240)

Main Body
Lord-Castellant (120)
- General