Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Hey guys, I'm attending a tourney soon and would like to ask for some suggestions for a competitive 1k points list.

I would really like to include sequitors since I love the Models and their rules.

Thanks in advance for Your help :)

1 hour ago, frostfire said:

I am pretty much looking forward to some point drop on the Vanguard Chamber to make the big Vanguard battlion viable. It will certainly become super strong then.(Maybe a good way to sell stocked vanguard models for GW.)

Contrary to popular belief, GW doesn't work quite as simply as this. Not to mention points costs changes are not always the best way to address balance. Vanguard has never been remarkable, except Longstrikes. In AOS1 Hunters at least had the reliability of deployment but now... they can get closer but to what end? They are really punished for their middle-ground nature.

10 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Contrary to popular belief, GW doesn't work quite as simply as this. Not to mention points costs changes are not always the best way to address balance. Vanguard has never been remarkable, except Longstrikes. In AOS1 Hunters at least had the reliability of deployment but now... they can get closer but to what end? They are really punished for their middle-ground nature.

Im only hoping for points reductions on judicators, longstrikes, dracoths and dracolines and celestant prime. There is no way those units should cost that much when you look at the b*llsh*t OP FEC and Skaven points

Well, from some not very reliable sources, the 19 GHB will debuff the longstrike somehow...

By the way, anyone have an idea how to use the hunter well?

28 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Well, from some not very reliable sources, the 19 GHB will debuff the longstrike somehow...

whered you hear this? 

24 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

whered you hear this? 

a friend live in UK, he says he knows someone working for GW, I am not sure whether this is true or not.

Just now, HammerOfSigmar said:

a friend live in UK, he says he knows someone working for GW, I am not sure whether this is true or not.

might change / debuff their max unit size to six or something. if they increase the points on SCE even further i might have to stop playing the faction and go throw milkshakes at GW 

10 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

A guy who knows a guy who is nebulously working for GW has never been a reliable source. 

Nerfing Longstrikes would be stupid. They're literally only viable in Anvils and even then nowhere near as outrageous as other things in the game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

go throw milkshakes at GW 

HA! I see what you did there

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Requizen said:

A guy who knows a guy who is nebulously working for GW has never been a reliable source. 

Nerfing Longstrikes would be stupid. They're literally only viable in Anvils and even then nowhere near as outrageous as other things in the game. 

Well, I actually mention that "from not very reliable source" at the beginning😂

Since part of his previous "leaked" message come true, so maybe he really have some special way to get the information ahead. 

Edited by HammerOfSigmar
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

I have heard this from some tournament players. Oddly enough it's always the players running the "meta" armies and claim that Stormcast aren't good enough to reach the top tables.  When their terrorgheists, witch aelves, and eels get shot off the table they suddenly know somebody working at GW that claims Longstrikes are too expensive and will be nerfed... Funny how that works 🤣

Edited by PJetski

Posted (edited)

To be honest, as a SCE player, I hope that "leaked" info I heard is just nonsense. I hope longstrike have small points drop or at least keep the current level.

I currently own 6, if its point doesn't change in the GHB19, I plan to buy extra 3-6 longstrike.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

Hey, do you think I can build a competitive anvilstrike list with those models ?

Knight Azyros

2 Lord Relictor

Knight Venator

Lord Aquilor

Lord Castellant and gryph hound

Knight Incantor

10 judicators

5 liberators

5 Hunters

10 Evocators

9 Longstrike

6 Aetherwings

And if not possible, which models should I buy?

Thanks !

3 minutes ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, do you think I can build a competitive anvilstrike list with those models ?

Knight Azyros

Lord Relictor

Knight Incantor

10 Evocators

9 Longstrike

6 Aetherwings

And if not possible, which models should I buy?

Thanks !

You've got the core of the list right there, seems like you're on the right track. 

15 minutes ago, Heaven_lord said:

6 minutes ago, PJetski said:

You've got the core of the list right there, seems like you're on the right track. 

Like PJetski said, you have the core of an Anvilstrike list. If you wanted to take something with just the models you have, you could try:

Lord Aquilor - General

Lord Relictor

Knight Azyros

Knight Incantor

Liberators (Unit of 5)

Judicators (Unit of 5)

Judicators (Unit of 5)

Longstrikes (Unit of 9)

Evocators (Unit of 10)

Aetherwings (Unit of 3)

Aetherwings (Unit of 3)

It's a fragile version of the army, but the Judicators can poke at things while holding objectives, and the Aetherwings can try to screen your Longstrikes. You'd have two teleport abilities with the Lord Aquilor and Lord Relictor if you choose the Translocation prayer.

5 hours ago, frostfire said:

Maybe a good way to sell stocked vanguard models for GW.)

Haha, gonna make those share holders happy 😆 but tbh I kinda suspect something like this will happen. Make older models viable and push sales. 

Posted (edited)

Game 1 of NZ GT. Star strike. Vs Skaven.

Not much to say. I killed a vermin lord with my Celestant Prime. Major loss, no points scored vs maximum for the opponent. 

Pictures attached.

CA5C681F-463F-40E9-83F6-AE4FECD5DE84.jpeg

18E8EE58-EFED-4595-9558-BAA750D2929D.jpeg

6FB5DE64-C307-4670-BEBD-B1D94F1C3CA8.jpeg

9AD83F87-57E8-452A-9AAD-8A746E00A0F7.jpeg

41596A26-80F9-46FE-B98A-9DA690CD0E63.jpeg

D8A5703E-902C-4C1A-9784-BA34C87F5579.jpeg

Edited by Mark Williams
  • Like 2

Hey all, 

Currently speed painting through my stormcast to get ready for a game against my mate coming from the Netherlands with his Legions of Nagash.

As the majority of my force is Warrior / Vanguard chambers, I decided to get some fire power and might to my army in the form of judicators and evocators. The question I want to ask is - what is better for them ? Grandstaves or Tempest Blades?

Thanks in advance !

Posted (edited)

Game 2 of NZ GT. Three Places of Power vs Sylvaneth.

Very close game. My opponent underestimated the reach of the prime and I killed Alarielle through a screen. After that it was a downhill game for Sylvaneth.

Major Victory for me. 

497DD2C8-2245-4564-87DF-AB2729BE9F07.jpeg

96AF4EBA-EC28-4870-814D-7C928B7EE1D6.jpeg

B7006C60-074F-468B-BE0E-715C1AE41AA1.jpeg

AED3FEAA-0B3B-423A-B8ED-A93231F85E71.jpeg

90E42501-0964-47D2-9D49-12785833EB6F.jpeg

DC55DF34-846F-40D2-BE84-1FEFB33D86D4.jpeg

6522F7D4-F2F0-41DF-A0CC-D80D2BFD50BE.jpeg

Edited by Mark Williams
  • Like 4

Game 3.

Scorched Earth vs Ironjawz. Minor victory for me. 

Lot of mistakes on both sides. And weird bad luck.

Didnt take many pictures because I was getting tired.

EAE21D30-2BED-4889-B34F-F7D01188D28D.jpeg

937E38D2-A81C-4C2E-B0F3-98B566AE2309.jpeg

• Like 3

Cool pics, it would be great to read a reflection on your list afterwards. I have to say the mats seem a little busy and distract from what look like very pretty armies.

7 hours ago, The World Tree said:

Cool pics, it would be great to read a reflection on your list afterwards. I have to say the mats seem a little busy and distract from what look like very pretty armies.

I’ll do a proper writeup after the tournament. As usual it’s looking like I’ll finish mid pack.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've got a rules question. When playing as Knights Excelsior for instance against Khorne I manage to kill so many models in his unit that it routs. Do I get the benefit from Storm of Annihilation or no ? In Blades of Khorne "Blood of the Blood God!" wording it says "whenever a unit is destroyed" so obviously he gets the Blood Tithe point.  Furthermore if more than one unit of mine makes attacks against a unit that routs they all would get the benefit if the answer to the first question is yes.

knights_excelsior.jpg

Edited by Tsorg

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Tsorg said:

I've got a rules question. When playing as Knights Excelsior for instance against Khorne I manage to kill so many models in his unit that it routs. Do I get the benefit from Storm of Annihilation or no ? In Blades of Khorne "Blood of the Blood God!" wording it says "whenever a unit is destroyed" so obviously he gets the Blood Tithe point.  Furthermore if more than one unit of mine makes attacks against a unit that routs they all would get the benefit if the answer to the first question is yes.

knights_excelsior.jpg

That’s a good question. I know that models lost to battleshock count as being slain and so rules that are worded regarding slain models are triggered.

Id say the intent of the rule would be to only trigger when a units attacks destroy an enemy unit, but the wording is ambiguous. Someone with more experience may be able to clarify.

Edited by Kelsicle