AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 hours ago, PJetski said:

This is correct. It doesnt matter how fast or strong your opponent is if you can get one little bird within 3" before they get to declare a charge

Like I said, if I stick with Anvilstrike (might need to for my next big tournament), I'm thinking of jumping to 2, 3, maybe even 4 units. There's lots of ways to get overwhelmed by fast melee, and we need all the slowdown we can get. 

3 hours ago, PJetski said:

This is correct. It doesnt matter how fast or strong your opponent is if you can get one little bird within 3" before they get to declare a charge

Just to be clear, as it is not in the FAQ.  When a unit of aetherwings makes their beginning of the charge phase move, they can in fact move inside 3'' therefore tying up that enemy unit? 

16 minutes ago, jake3991 said:

Just to be clear, as it is not in the FAQ.  When a unit of aetherwings makes their beginning of the charge phase move, they can in fact move inside 3'' therefore tying up that enemy unit? 

My apologies, I found a very detailed thread covering this, link below. 

32 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Like I said, if I stick with Anvilstrike (might need to for my next big tournament), I'm thinking of jumping to 2, 3, maybe even 4 units. There's lots of ways to get overwhelmed by fast melee, and we need all the slowdown we can get. 

The battalion vanguard justicar conclave might offer a good route.  It not only contains the units of interest (raptors and aetherwings) but it reduces drops and re rolls 1s!

5 minutes ago, jake3991 said:

The battalion vanguard justicar conclave might offer a good route.  It not only contains the units of interest (raptors and aetherwings) but it reduces drops and re rolls 1s!

From my point of view, the problem with that battalion is that you want a big raptor unit to use Anvils CA, then you will spend many points on the raptors(9+3+3?), which you need to spend like 1000 points on this battalion and the units inside alone.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

From my point of view, the problem with that battalion is that you want a big raptor unit to use Anvils CA, then you will spend many points on the raptors(9+3+3?), which you need to spend like 1000 points on this battalion and the units inside alone.

I've been musing a Vanguard Justicar as more of an MSU list. ~6 Longstrikes, 2x3 Hurricanes (or 3 and 6), dropping the Hurricanes in the middle of the board with the Birds to play distraction while the Longstrikes whittle down. But 6 without double shooting is just... very inefficient, even against a perfect enemy unit. If you're going Vanguard Justicar, it would only (imo) be worth it if you're going heavy Hurricane Raptors and just trying to play a midfield field of fire type list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frostfire said:

I am pretty much looking forward to some point drop on the Vanguard Chamber to make the big Vanguard battlion viable. It will certainly become super strong then.(Maybe a good way to sell stocked vanguard models for GW.)

Contrary to popular belief, GW doesn't work quite as simply as this. Not to mention points costs changes are not always the best way to address balance. Vanguard has never been remarkable, except Longstrikes. In AOS1 Hunters at least had the reliability of deployment but now... they can get closer but to what end? They are really punished for their middle-ground nature.

10 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Contrary to popular belief, GW doesn't work quite as simply as this. Not to mention points costs changes are not always the best way to address balance. Vanguard has never been remarkable, except Longstrikes. In AOS1 Hunters at least had the reliability of deployment but now... they can get closer but to what end? They are really punished for their middle-ground nature.

Im only hoping for points reductions on judicators, longstrikes, dracoths and dracolines and celestant prime. There is no way those units should cost that much when you look at the b*llsh*t OP FEC and Skaven points

Just now, HammerOfSigmar said:

a friend live in UK, he says he knows someone working for GW, I am not sure whether this is true or not.

might change / debuff their max unit size to six or something. if they increase the points on SCE even further i might have to stop playing the faction and go throw milkshakes at GW 

10 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

a friend live in UK, he says he knows someone working for GW, I am not sure whether this is true or not.

A guy who knows a guy who is nebulously working for GW has never been a reliable source. 

Nerfing Longstrikes would be stupid. They're literally only viable in Anvils and even then nowhere near as outrageous as other things in the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Requizen said:

A guy who knows a guy who is nebulously working for GW has never been a reliable source. 

Nerfing Longstrikes would be stupid. They're literally only viable in Anvils and even then nowhere near as outrageous as other things in the game. 

Well, I actually mention that "from not very reliable source" at the beginning😂

Since part of his previous "leaked" message come true, so maybe he really have some special way to get the information ahead. 

Edited by HammerOfSigmar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Well, from some not very reliable sources, the 19 GHB will debuff the longstrike somehow...

By the way, anyone have an idea how to use the hunter well?

I have heard this from some tournament players. Oddly enough it's always the players running the "meta" armies and claim that Stormcast aren't good enough to reach the top tables.  When their terrorgheists, witch aelves, and eels get shot off the table they suddenly know somebody working at GW that claims Longstrikes are too expensive and will be nerfed... Funny how that works 🤣

Edited by PJetski

To be honest, as a SCE player, I hope that "leaked" info I heard is just nonsense. I hope longstrike have small points drop or at least keep the current level.

I currently own 6, if its point doesn't change in the GHB19, I plan to buy extra 3-6 longstrike.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

Hey, do you think I can build a competitive anvilstrike list with those models ?

Knight Azyros

2 Lord Relictor

Knight Venator

Lord Aquilor

Lord Castellant and gryph hound

Knight Incantor

10 judicators

5 liberators

5 Hunters

10 Evocators

9 Longstrike

6 Aetherwings

And if not possible, which models should I buy?

Thanks !

3 minutes ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, do you think I can build a competitive anvilstrike list with those models ?

Knight Azyros

Lord Relictor

Knight Incantor

10 Evocators

9 Longstrike

6 Aetherwings

And if not possible, which models should I buy?

Thanks !

You've got the core of the list right there, seems like you're on the right track.