AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Honestly the 300 point liberator tax is brutal. A points drops or alternate battle line choice there would be ideal. 

The reason for battalions is that none of our battalions synergize with our heroes. Like you would expect Castellant and 2 Libs to be a battalion but instead they're all rather clunky and extremely situational hence the Gav + Cleansing Phalanx spam.

I saw something about a Penumbral Engine terrain in Forbidden power don't know if thats SCE specific terrain or just regular terrain but if its the former that could help

From the preview panel, they mentioned the Terrain could be taken by any army for a price, so let's wait and see on that one. It's clearly Stormcast themed, so maybe we get a specific boost to it or something.

I very much agree with the Battalions. There's like 3 in there that are worth running, the rest are too awkward or too expensive to use. Dropping points on some of the more obscure ones could really shake up Stormcast builds. Also doing something about the Lord Exorcist could actually make Grand Convocation interesting, but he's really just bad. 

33 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I suppose the silver lining is that each new Order release adds more options for Allies... 

Especially if allied Heroes get access to the Invocations like you do with Endless Spells, I'm betting at least one is going to be very good much like the Khorne Axe etc.

44 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Especially if allied Heroes get access to the Invocations like you do with Endless Spells, I'm betting at least one is going to be very good much like the Khorne Axe etc.

Endless Spells aren't locked by allegiance, but RAW you can't use Judgements of Khorne unless you are playing a Khorne army.

Could go either way with the Invocations.

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

Endless Spells aren't locked by allegiance, but RAW you can't use Judgements of Khorne unless you are playing a Khorne army.

Could go either way with the Invocations.

Oh, didn't see that for Khorne. Yeah we'll have to see for Slayers though, and then eventually Sylvaneth in the future.

41 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Well, based on the lore, celestant prime is not a wizard so I don't think he will get spell. I prefer granting him a 5+ fnp or so, even without dropping points. 

Id take that too. Considering the ghoul king on gheist is 400, prime really needs something to make it into lists again.

38 minutes ago, yarrickson said:

Celestant Primes are 10 for potential but inevitably a 1 in practice. Mine had 7 wound rolls to make vs some Ard Boyz. Only needed to kill 4 to win me the game outright. Cue 5 1s on the wound rolls. 

This was not an isolated incident. 😄

Yes I play one almost every game I play for the past year. This happens once every three games or so. He comes out and whiffs all his attacks then dies immediately. I still take him though, and he’s still a good threat on the table.

6 hours ago, Luke1705 said:

So let’s say I have an unhealthy obsession with tiger riders. Is there any way to realistically run like....a lot of them and still win competitive games?

Okay, so first you want to take a lot of them
Then you go and try to win a game
You lose
Cry

:D

I know a guy who runs 6 dracolines but he haven't achieved much with them yet

27 minutes ago, XReN said:

Okay, so first you want to take a lot of them
Then you go and try to win a game
You lose
Cry

:D

I know a guy who runs 6 dracolines but he haven't achieved much with them yet

I wouldn't be so pessimistic, when Anvils of the Heldenhammer list with 6 evocators on dracolines took 5th place amongst 192 players who participated at Cancon this year. The full list can be seen at the following link: https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/nathan-princi-stormcast-eternals/

While it is only one example, it does show that a list with many dracolines have potential to perform well in competitive games.

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

Yes I play one almost every game I play for the past year. This happens once every three games or so. He comes out and whiffs all his attacks then dies immediately. I still take him though, and he’s still a good threat on the table.

Exactly, and more so OFF the table. People do weird things when they are worried about the Prime. Still, if they make him better or reduce points I won't complain even if I feel my list is competitive already.

Hey guys, what do you think about my list, have an upcoming tournament next week.

Comments and critics are welcome.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
Gavriel Sureheart (100)
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Lord-Arcanum (180)
- General
- Trait: We Cannot Fail  
- Artefact: God-forged Blade  
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
5 x Sequitors (120)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Sequitors (120)
10 x Sequitors (240)
5 x Evocators (200)
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades
5 x Evocators (200)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000

4 balistas and ordinator + heraldor+ Comet for shooting.

Gavriel+ 2x 5 evos + 10 Sequitors for Bombing.

2x 5 Sequitors for Objectives and Guarding the balistas.

why no Judicators? Because i think its enough shooting in this list and to have the most benefit from hammers of Sigmar command ability.

Edited by Erdemo86

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hey guys, what do you think about my list, have an upcoming tournament next week.

Comments and critics are welcome.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
Gavriel Sureheart (100)
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Lord-Arcanum (180)
- General
- Trait: We Cannot Fail  
- Artefact: God-forged Blade  
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)
10 x Sequitors (240)
5 x Evocators (200)
5 x Evocators (200)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000

4 balistas and ordinator + heraldor+ Comet for shooting.

Gavriel+ 2x 5 evos + 10 Sequitors for Bombing.

2x 5 Sequitors for Objectives and Guarding the balistas.

why no Judicators? Because i think its enough shooting in this list and to have the most benefit from hammers of Sigmar command ability.

Hm, I don't think it's particularly great. You're trying to do two things - quad Ballista + Ordinator and Gav Bomb at the same time, but honestly if you're doing either one of those you want to go all in on it. The Ballistas are working as intended, but if you put them up in the sky you can't put more than Gav and 1 unit up there with him. If you're trying to Gavriel Bomb, he really wants to go up in the sky with at least like 800 points of units (2x10 Evos, or 10 Evos + 20 Sequitors, etc). 

If you want to go Ballistas, which it looks like you do, they're better with a solid ground force, probably something like 15-20 Sequitors with an Arcanum + Castellant. If you want to go Gav Bomb, drop the Ballista suite and take more Alpha Strike units. I don't think you can do both effectively at the same time.

2 hours ago, Requizen said:

Hm, I don't think it's particularly great. You're trying to do two things - quad Ballista + Ordinator and Gav Bomb at the same time, but honestly if you're doing either one of those you want to go all in on it. The Ballistas are working as intended, but if you put them up in the sky you can't put more than Gav and 1 unit up there with him. If you're trying to Gavriel Bomb, he really wants to go up in the sky with at least like 800 points of units (2x10 Evos, or 10 Evos + 20 Sequitors, etc). 

If you want to go Ballistas, which it looks like you do, they're better with a solid ground force, probably something like 15-20 Sequitors with an Arcanum + Castellant. If you want to go Gav Bomb, drop the Ballista suite and take more Alpha Strike units. I don't think you can do both effectively at the same time.

Thank you.

my plan was to put gav+ 10 sequitors and 10 evos into sky for Gavriel bomb. 

That leaves me with 2 balistas + ordinator in the sky and 2 balistas onto ground. Depending on the enemie and objectives i could change things up.

also i think that 10 evos and 10 sequitors are a very nice gavriel bomb. Everything more seems to be a overkill for me.

Youre right with that 800 points into sky but if you first shoot with heraldor+ comet+ 4 balistas and ordinator, then i think that a gav bomb with 640 points will be just fine.

Edited by Erdemo86

38 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Thank you.

my plan was to put gav+ 10 sequitors and 10 evos into sky for Gavriel bomb. 

That leaves me with 2 balistas + ordinator in the sky and 2 balistas onto ground. Depending on the enemie and objectives i could change things up.

also i think that 10 evos and 10 sequitors are a very nice gavriel bomb. Everything more seems to be a overkill for me.

Youre right with that 800 points into sky but if you first shoot with heraldor+ comet+ 4 balistas and ordinator, then i think that a gav bomb with 640 points will be just fine.

It's not bad at all, and you'll still catch a lot of people out.

If you go for that list, though, I would possibly recommend combining the Evos into one unit and then dropping the Comet for something else. Comet isn't great in this list overall, since you only have 1 dude to cast it and he has no bonuses, not to mention if you drop it and then want to charge that area with your Evos, you could easily hurt yourself quite badly. 10 Evos attacking at once is much better, since you reduce the possibility of losing the second unit on the swing back. Depends on how you charge, of course, but if you're going in against a monster, for instance (like Terrorgheists, Thundertusks, etc), then you really want all of them swinging together.

41 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Thats a nice idea but a bit problematic. I have 5 evos with sword and staff and 5 with grandstaves.

what would you take for comet?  Also thought about maybe cutting 1 balista.

You can mix weapons in a unit of Evos though. The only concern would be 2 Primes, but honestly that's rarely worth worrying about.

Any ally is a reasonable trade, Skinks give more bodies, Heartrenders give some lategame mobility. Or 2 units of Aetherwings - you don't get the shenanigans that you would with Raptors, but it's still 2 units of excellent zoning and mobility that have to be dealthwith, for only 50 points per unit.

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

You can mix weapons in a unit of Evos though. The only concern would be 2 Primes, but honestly that's rarely worth worrying about.

Any ally is a reasonable trade, Skinks give more bodies, Heartrenders give some lategame mobility. Or 2 units of Aetherwings - you don't get the shenanigans that you would with Raptors, but it's still 2 units of excellent zoning and mobility that have to be dealthwith, for only 50 points per unit.

Im curious Requizen, how have you fared against the skyre lists with your Anvilstrike? 

Their Stormfiends and Thanquol missile weapons are pure murder on our battleline and they have way too many bodies to engage in pure melee. not to mention 40 plague monks.

Edit: Forgot about the jezzails, aka their longstrike raptors

Any tactical advice?

Edited by jhamslam
Forgot