AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I had a look the other day and Unbeknownst to me the highest ranking SC list at Cancon ran a list almost the exact same as the 6 Dracoline one I’ve been playing. Except he went Anvils so presumably did a double pile-in with the cats, yeesh. Even bigger splat on impact. Think he also took two ballista where I take 2 Liberators which is interesting. 

Edited by Nos

7 minutes ago, Nos said:

I had a look the other day and Unbeknownst to me the highest ranking SC list at Cancon ran a list almost the exact same as the 6 Dracoline one I’ve been playing. Except he went Anvils so presumably did a double pile-in with the cats, yeesh. Even bigger splat on impact. Think he also took two ballista where I take 2 Liberators which is interesting. 

Anvils CA on Cats would be hard there since you have to have the nearby Hero to use it, but it's possible. Plus, if you burn it when not in combat, it just gives the Dracolines an extra 3" move in the Hero Phase!

Likely he was using it for the occasional extra shot with the Ballistas. A Ballista isnt' the best use of a Point, but it's not bad by a long shot and 3 Ballista + Ordinator will ruin so many things it's not even funny.

9 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Anvils CA on Cats would be hard there since you have to have the nearby Hero to use it, but it's possible. Plus, if you burn it when not in combat, it just gives the Dracolines an extra 3" move in the Hero Phase!

Likely he was using it for the occasional extra shot with the Ballistas. A Ballista isnt' the best use of a Point, but it's not bad by a long shot and 3 Ballista + Ordinator will ruin so many things it's not even funny.

He was running LA on Dracoline with the pack leader trait and CA so he would have been able to gurantee it pretty much.

Edit: I stand corrected! Wonder if he dropped them in. But then the Heraldor wouldn’t be able to use his stuff. Mysterious.

Edited by Nos

On 2/6/2019 at 7:08 PM, Nos said:

If you give your LA Dais instead of Pendulum then you’ve a good chance of getting 2 dispels, and also the 12” fly means you can get them around nice and easy with a 2+ save

@Ozzy0sb

Sorry guys, but LA can't hop on Dais, nor anybody except incantor can

On 2/6/2019 at 9:56 PM, AngryPomeranian said:

I have trouble in killing big flesh-eater monsters. (cos of screen, healing,lots of wounds and fnp). Any suggestions?

Shoot pointy objects at them!

4 Lordinator ballistas should do quite some damage, or 9 Longsrikes, bow Jusdicators can also chip them quite good from safe distance

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

Uh... what?

Ever read spells warscroll? It has the dumbest wording: 

Only Stormcast Eternal Wizards that do not have a Wounds characteristic of 6 or more, are not part of a unit with 2 or more models, and are not already on a Dais Arcanum, can attempt to cast this spell.

2 hours ago, XReN said:

@Ozzy0sb

Sorry guys, but LA can't hop on Dais, nor anybody except incantor can

Yeah we discussed this shortly after. As @Ozzy0sb pointed out being able to fly around a general 12” with SD for only 40 points is probably the reason.

Exorcist is only other guy. But obviously that’s pretty unlikely to occur!

Edited by Nos

2 hours ago, Nos said:

Yeah we discussed this shortly after. As @Ozzy0sb pointed out being able to fly around a general 12” with SD for only 40 points is probably the reason.

Exorcist is only other guy. But obviously that’s pretty unlikely to occur!

If you're not running mass sequitors you could just make your Incantor the general and enjoy your flying 1+

24 minutes ago, AdamR said:

If you're not running mass sequitors you could just make your Incantor the general and enjoy your flying 1+

That’s true, although SD on Sequitors with their re-roll of everything save and SD on other stuff without that is less of a big deal.

Although as I’ve said elsewhere I like Incantor on Dais for 2 dispells, 3 with Scroll for one turn, and being able to fly in for kamikaze flask attacks. So I suppose if you don’t need another general specifically and you take an Incantor then adding a portable SD to the Incantors arsenal is hardly a bad thing!

Edited by Nos

2 hours ago, CareBear said:

In a list with a gavriel bomb of ten evocators and otherwise pretty slow units. What is most benefital, LAoGC or LA on foot +1 cp?

LAoGC have a 7D6 fly, so you can put it on the table at the beginning of the battle and then fly to your DS troops.

LA on foot let you have an extra CP, which turns out to be 3" more inches charges. Assuming you have 2 CP at the beginning of your first turn, then you have +6" to charges, so it is almost an auto success(except double 1s, you can bring vexillor(reroll charges whithin 18") to counter this situation). This is pretty important for gaveriel bomb.

In my personal view,  LA on foot is more beneficial for gavriel bomb.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar