AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Looks like the male Knight Incantor comes with a getting started magazine. Original Stormcast set from the first AoS starter will also be released as a Start Collecting set. So it looks like that is where the Lord Relictor will be.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/01/coming-soon-great-new-ways-to-get-started/

Edited by Wolfman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wired4War said:

Sort of hoping for a way to fill out the Soul Wars Evocator retinue. Another set of 5 would do no good. Maybe the eventual start collecting?

Hopefully that is the mildly infuriating thing about the box if you buy two you are 1 over on all units with 10/9 castigators 16/15 sequitors and 6/5 evocators. If you buy the push to fit boxes you are 13/12 castigators and 19/20 evocators. Its not a big deal its still good amount of models and at least we get special weapons for the sequitors but it hurts the ocd in me. 

But it does mean 1 test model per unit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wired4War said:

Sort of hoping for a way to fill out the Soul Wars Evocator retinue. Another set of 5 would do no good. Maybe the eventual start collecting?

Warhammer Community announced today that there are gonna be new smaller versions of Soul Wars for lower cost entry points to AoS2. The $80 set comes with a Knight-Incantor, 5 Sequitors, 3 Castigators, 2 Evocators (No Prime), and the Ballista. For those that wanted the new stuff, but not the odd unit counts, that sounds like a very solid solution, especially since they're the same sculpts as the starter box. Get that, 3 Evocators off ebay and the Lord-Arcanum (or wait to get one of the alternate mounts) and you have a "fixed" Soul Wars set.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

Warhammer Community announced today that there are gonna be new smaller versions of Soul Wars for lower cost entry points to AoS2. The $80 set comes with a Knight-Incantor, 5 Sequitors, 3 Castigators, 2 Evocators (No Prime), and the Ballista. For those that wanted the new stuff, but not the odd unit counts, that sounds like a very solid solution, especially since they're the same sculpts as the starter box. Get that, 3 Evocators off ebay and the Lord-Arcanum (or wait to get one of the alternate mounts) and you have a "fixed" Soul Wars set.

Just saw this and am very happy.

1 hour ago, Wolfman said:

Looks like the male Knight Incantor comes with a getting started magazine. Original Stormcast set from the first AoS starter will also be released as a Start Collecting set. So it looks like that is where the Lord Relictor will be.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/01/coming-soon-great-new-ways-to-get-started/

I might get the Stormcast start collecting stuff. All of this sounds pretty good for people who want to get in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Black Marshal said:

Any possibility of taking Sequitors with swords? Aesthetically, I prefer the look of swords to shields. 

Not just a possibility, Sequitors can take Swords instead of the Mauls (there's only the Greatmaces for heavy weapons) and the swords are 3 attacks/3+/4+/-/1

I think math-wise they slightly win out over the mauls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mystycalchemy said:

Not just a possibility, Sequitors can take Swords instead of the Mauls (there's only the Greatmaces for heavy weapons) and the swords are 3 attacks/3+/4+/-/1

That’s great news. I’m still pretty new to the game, and trying to theme my army around Stormcast crusaders. I’m not even sure if that’s legal or possible. 

1 hour ago, mystycalchemy said:

Have they showed the Sequitors assembled with swords anywhere?

39 minutes ago, Swooper said:

Have they showed the Sequitors assembled with swords anywhere?

Model-wise? They showed them at Warhammer fest. The Warscroll was shown from the Easy to Build Sequitors.

In other news, I still haven't found anyone that's talked about these weapons for the Evocators on foot. GMG mentioned Grandstaves for the Dracolines, but they were a 2 per 5 special weapon that barely won out on damage vs the dual weapons. So I just wanna know if it's a unit option on foot or what the heck that spear is on the left most model.

evocators grandstaves.jpg

Edited by mystycalchemy

Guys and girls, bit of lore help please.

I have a small collection of Tempest Lords with appropriate Stormhost upgrade parts, but since they cancelled the upgrade sprue (and the starter/pushfit models have Hammer of Sigmar shoulders?) im not sure how best to mix/match the two together? Would sacrosanct have Stormhost specific heraldry like the upgrade kits gave?

Ideally id paint them all tempest-lord, but maybe I should Sacrosanct in a slightly different scheme? or even just the shoulder pad? but still close to Tempest-Lords and say they are different because they are Sacrosanct?

An alternative thought was running a mixed Stormhost, with Sacrosanct as one host (possibly Azyr based as i guess they all come from there with being defenders of the anvil) alongside a force of 'normal' Stormcast.  Would that work lore wise? (i guess it doesnt really matter game wise). 

What are your thoughts? and how are you going to tie in this new chamber to your existing models painting, modelling and back-story wise?

Cheers.

1 hour ago, stato said:

Guys and girls, bit of lore help please.

I have a small collection of Tempest Lords with appropriate Stormhost upgrade parts, but since they cancelled the upgrade sprue (and the starter/pushfit models have Hammer of Sigmar shoulders?) im not sure how best to mix/match the two together? Would sacrosanct have Stormhost specific heraldry like the upgrade kits gave?

Ideally id paint them all tempest-lord, but maybe I should Sacrosanct in a slightly different scheme? or even just the shoulder pad? but still close to Tempest-Lords and say they are different because they are Sacrosanct?

An alternative thought was running a mixed Stormhost, with Sacrosanct as one host (possibly Azyr based as i guess they all come from there with being defenders of the anvil) alongside a force of 'normal' Stormcast.  Would that work lore wise? (i guess it doesnt really matter game wise). 

What are your thoughts? and how are you going to tie in this new chamber to your existing models painting, modelling and back-story wise?

Cheers.

In the new magazine (the one with the male knight-incantor) they show the upgrade packs, that makes me think that they will come back.

AoSGettingStartedMagSpread3-Jul1-Content4fc.jpg

Edited by Bradipo322
Added the image

10 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

In the new magazine (the one with the male knight-incantor) they show the upgrade packs, that makes me think that they will come back.

Hmm, interesting.  That would be nice, but looking at the heros revealed so far it looks like most have the shoulder molded into the design, so there will still be some who dont match.

43 minutes ago, stato said:

Hmm, interesting.  That would be nice, but looking at the heros revealed so far it looks like most have the shoulder molded into the design, so there will still be some who dont match.

The only heroes that we know the sprues of are the easy to build ones that comes in the starter set. ETB kits are known for the absence of customisation, just look at past ETB heroes like Vandus Hammerhand or Lord-Relictor, they don't have any option to change the stomhost that they come by.

In truth a lot of the heroes doesn't have the possibility to change his pauldrons (Lord-Celestant, Lord-Veritant, Lord-castellant) and for others it's not clear if it can be done without modifing the miniature.

• Like 1

I'm now wondering if Vandus is now a good shout if you play hammers of sigmar. To me he seems to be as he's stronger than a regular LCoD but his 24inch don't take battleshock ability isn't a command ability so you don't need a CP for it. Also being able to add an attack to units around him for 1cp seems good.  For only 60points more. 

Hi fellow sons of Sigmar !

I know the Battletome is yet to come but with the reviews and points already available, I wanted to try some list-building.

Here is a wanna-be competitive tournament list, using the new toys we have :

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Stormhost : Celestial Warbringers

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum (180)
- General
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord-Ordinator (140)

Battleline
20 x Sequitors (400)
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Thunderbolt Crossbows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Thunderbolt Crossbows

Units
5 x Evocators (200)

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 125

The idea is to tarpit the middle-field with the Sequitors and the Stormhost redeployment, magic and pew-pew to erase nasty Witc... units, Ballistas can be setup in the sky with Ordinator to secure the short range dakka, endless spells to slow down opponent and create havoc on his lines. Evocators are swiss-army-knife, ideally putting them in the sky as well (6 units in the realms, 6 on the board).

Many drops so I'll never get first turn but with Warbringers I can secure the mid objectives and with the new Scions of the Storm I can very peacefully "hide" my gunline. I have to give up on Staunch Defender but being now wholly within, I think the Stormhost give much more tools. Spells yet to choose but I'm waiting for the BT to consider all of them.

What do you think guys ?

• Like 1

Looking over the new matched play battleplans with the moving objectives.   I think this makes the vanguard units a decent choice to add in to an army.  The Lord Aquilor and some palladors could be good for zipping around the table.