AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

yes! just ordered 2 sharks for that, they could be really useful for units which can use their full offensive potential while only touching a corner of the enemy unit (so basically, small units of evocats and dracoths?) and potentially fun in combination with cavernous jaws too. In any case with every new release I feel like I am playing some sort of grand alliance order -the new shadowstalkers too are just better than anything SCE has for the same role.

Dude the gunhauler makes me sooo mad. 20 pts for all THAT! goes to show how power creeped we are. Not only that they literally nerfed us over people complaining and not any serious damage output analysis.

BuT ScE TeLePorTs!

Yeah once and then we need prayers of 3+. and now KO does it every turn with the whole army and people are like "oh thats fine". Like the KO army has on their warscroll, what is an ENTIRE allegiance ability for us and yet somehow we're worse off. Its a joke

Edited by jhamslam
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Yeah and now KO does it every turn with the whole army and people are like "oh thats fine". Like the KO army has on their warscroll, what is an ENTIRE allegiance ability for us and yet somehow we're worse off. Its a joke

Nothing new, sce are priced like hell. I don't know for what we pay for... Sv? 4+ is so common and weak now. 40 mm bases? Its cons. We hit like wet nuddle. 
Look at the free guild infantry. They looks like beggers but they have the same save as SCE which armor is made from ducking core of the old world. 

• Like 3

So after the announcement of the Seraphon warband today I got thinking about Warcry, and how GW said there would be non-Chaos warbands added to it.

Now, the thing about Sylas that most stuck out to me was that he looks like a combination Warrior-Vanguard chamber questor... so THAT got me thinking a Stormcast warcry-band could be a combination of chambers that mixes aesthetics, weapons, and skills! It would be so cool to see Vanguard Judicators or Sequitors with lightning spears, I really hope they try something new with any Stormcast warbands.

Storebirthday jan04 aos9safer

like this has such heavy "Vanguard veteran turned Knight Questor" vibes that I can't shake

Theres a lot of unexplored design space.

We could get Stormcast Dreadnoughts

Stormcast "vanguard Veterans".

Hell id like to see actual named stormcast heroes that arent Hammers of Sigmar. Astreia would have been soooo good in Anvils.

Or even a lore progression like they did for Morathi. Imagine the Celestant Prime or Vandus coming back and getting a new scroll to match their growth in the lore

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Or even a lore progression like they did for Morathi. Imagine the Celestant Prime or Vandus coming back and getting a new scroll to match their growth in the lore

The moment the Celestant Prime went down back at the beginning of Soul Wars, I told myself that they did that so they could do a complete overhaul on his warscroll and explain it away as a result of being reforged (and possibly being the wielder of Ghal Moraz.)

21 hours ago, jhamslam said:

Hell id like to see actual named stormcast heroes that arent Hammers of Sigmar. Astreia would have been soooo good in Anvils.

i'll forever be confused that Neave wasn't Astral Templars... if they're going to do Stormcast heroes this much they should certainly use more Stormhosts

22 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Man, any Stormcast infantry with spear and shield would make my day, I've been hoping for that from the beginning!

big mood, and with Stormkeeps becoming A Thing in lore how can they miss an opportunity to give Stormcast the eternally superior spear?

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Look out for that 3rd ed release ;)

I remain hopeful that they'll appear in one of the other chambers!

38 minutes ago, Gotz said:

I'm always been wondering if this on the battletome cover really is a stormcast with spear and shield...

Screenshot_20210110-154346~2.png

Same. It could be poetic licence, or they might have been trying for a grounded Prosecutor (the shield looks right), though the lack of wings says otherwise.

Still, maybe . . .

Okay! It's time for little battle raport and thoughts. Yesterday I player 12 normal tournament with this list:
Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Tauralon (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Staunch Defender
- Celestial Staves (Artefact): Staff of Azyr
- Spell: Chain Lightning
- Mount Trait: Steel Pinions
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Knight-Azyros (100)
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
5 x Sequitors (120)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Units
3 x Evocators on Dracolines (260)
- 2x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Terrifying Aspect
- 2x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades

Artillery
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113

I ended only 8 out of 12 with 1 major win vs CoS, 1 minor loose vs Giants and 1 major loose vs DoK.
I wanted to tell you about some bullshits I encountered: 
I loosed a game vs giants because it was Battle for the pass. He in his first turn kicked his OBJ OUT OF HIS ZONE AND I COULDN'T SCORE IT FOR 4. This means he could score it for 2 and still score mine for 4. Which also means max points I could score was 7 while his was 10. This is absolute ****** and this level of inteference into the scoring system absolutly shouldn't have placed. Not talking about a fact that playing SCE with very limited number of models vs Giants which counted for 3x more models that I have in roster isn't pleasant. His list was 6x small and 2x big. Each small count as 15! While big I think for 30 or 40... I would win this if not this stupid ****** with scoring. 

Third game vs DoK. Oh boys. Remember whan teleporting shootcast list was universaly hated by everyone? His list was basicaly shootcast 2.0^2. Better, faster, stronger, without drawbacks... Block of 20 shooting snake with free teleport in hero phase while we have to take relictor and roll this damn 3+... Block of 20, cost less than out 9 and is much tougher... And his entire army has 6+ ward and -1 to hit in shooting. Did I tell about what absolute bonker new Morathi is? Just lost of words after this game... 

What I liked, what I don't liked:
Liked:
LAoT is amazing. Super tough with good utility and amazing combo with balistas. Make my day. 
EvoOCD are super because they don't need much support due to empower and self builded charge reroll. Drop them from the sky on the enemy back and enjoy.
Dislike:
Relictor: Look -1 to hit is cool and I could do -3 on 1 unit if I really wanted but I just ducking can't roll this 3+

Next time i will change relictor for 2x Aetherwings for bonus mobility and save 20 pts for Triumph. This will also allow me to stash everything into Azyr. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Okay! It's time for little battle raport and thoughts. Yesterday I player 12 normal tournament with this list:

Leaders
- General
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Knight-Azyros (100)
Lord-Relictor (100)

Battleline
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Units
- 2x Grandstaves
- 2x Grandstaves

Artillery
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

I ended only 8 out of 12 with 1 major win vs CoS, 1 minor loose vs Giants and 1 major loose vs DoK.
I loosed a game vs giants because it was Battle for the pass. He in his first turn kicked his OBJ OUT OF HIS ZONE AND I COULDN'T SCORE IT FOR 4. This means he could score it for 2 and still score mine for 4. Which also means max points I could score was 7 while his was 10. This is absolute ****** and this level of inteference into the scoring system absolutly shouldn't have placed. Not talking about a fact that playing SCE with very limited number of models vs Giants which counted for 3x more models that I have in roster isn't pleasant. His list was 6x small and 2x big. Each small count as 15! While big I think for 30 or 40... I would win this if not this stupid ****** with scoring. 

Third game vs DoK. Oh boys. Remember whan teleporting shootcast list was universaly hated by everyone? His list was basicaly shootcast 2.0^2. Better, faster, stronger, without drawbacks... Block of 20 shooting snake with free teleport in hero phase while we have to take relictor and roll this damn 3+... Block of 20, cost less than out 9 and is much tougher... And his entire army has 6+ ward and -1 to hit in shooting. Did I tell about what absolute bonker new Morathi is? Just lost of words after this game... 

Liked:
LAoT is amazing. Super tough with good utility and amazing combo with balistas. Make my day. 
EvoOCD are super because they don't need much support due to empower and self builded charge reroll. Drop them from the sky on the enemy back and enjoy.
Dislike:
Relictor: Look -1 to hit is cool and I could do -3 on 1 unit if I really wanted but I just ducking can't roll this 3+

Next time i will change relictor for 2x Aetherwings for bonus mobility and save 20 pts for Triumph. This will also allow me to stash everything into Azyr. 

Take Skyborne Slayers. Better luck with whats out there. Also, try Grundstok Gunhaulers instead of Ballistas. More wounds, better damage with the Ordinator at long range and can teleport every turn instead of just once

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Leaders
- General
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Knight-Azyros (100)
Lord-Relictor (100)

Battleline
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Units
- 2x Grandstaves
- 2x Grandstaves

Artillery
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Liked:
Dislike:

I think it is an nice list, which has some potential. However it is Stormcast, so I guess nobody can expect it to do well against the new top tier armies

hi all, just a quick question -couldn't find a clear answer looking at rules and online: can you use the Hammers of Sigmar command ability ( Soul of the Stormhost, resurrecting libs/seqs on a 5+) if all your leaders are dead? the text of the ability doesn't seem to require a leader, but command abilities are always tied to leaders so maybe not?

31 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

hi all, just a quick question -couldn't find a clear answer looking at rules and online: can you use the Hammers of Sigmar command ability ( Soul of the Stormhost, resurrecting libs/seqs on a 5+) if all your leaders are dead? the text of the ability doesn't seem to require a leader, but command abilities are always tied to leaders so maybe not?

There was an FAQ a while back (like 2 years?) that you need a hero on the field to use it. At work so can't get references, but i'll look into it wjen home. if i remember :P

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Marcvs said:

The core rules are very clear, you need a HERO to use a command ability.

image.png.5a1991fae54cafbb43b53cbb2966266d.png

8 minutes ago, PJetski said:

The core rules are very clear, you need a HERO to use a command ability.

Yup, I have seen that passage. However it says nothing about that HERO being on the table just "in your army"

EDIT: I have also seen this

image.png.79661795c420c4dd4e99fe035e2fcca7.png

but this applies to models that "use" a command ability, whereas Soul of the Stormhost does not originate from a model

Edited by Marcvs

8 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Yea, just take totally difren't army. Thank you for your input... 🙄🙄🙄🙄

skyborne slayers is another battalion Stormcast have, and taking allies (Gunhaulers) is also viable substitution. he was offering you other advice on replacements in your existing army, not saying to play Kharadron. you posted a basic Sacrosanct list that no longer works well because of power creep and changing meta--so you were given advice based on these things for tournament play.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

skyborne slayers is another battalion Stormcast have, and taking allies (Gunhaulers) is also viable substitution. he was offering you other advice on replacements in your existing army, not saying to play Kharadron. you posted a basic Sacrosanct list that no longer works well because of power creep and changing meta--so you were given advice based on these things for tournament play.

Bro. I know what meta is. I was 8 in Polish tournament legue and also best SCE. I was reffering to the fact that i was not asking for advice on my list... I just wanted to share a though after tournament. I dont need comment like, play this and change this for that lmao. 

10 hours ago, SchleuderMann2 said:

I think it is an nice list, which has some potential. However it is Stormcast, so I guess nobody can expect it to do well against the new top tier armies

Nice write up! and i do really like your list!. The game against sons was pretty much over when you faced them off in that senario. And dont worry i couldnt beat them with my skyborne slayers list on that senario even if i rolled well with 20 protectors. Super tough so dont feel to bad about losing that one.

Morathi is hard but i feel like with your list you got some nice tricks aswell. The one thing you suffer is not going to choise who goes first against that list. If im right your higher drops and he alpha shoots most stuff of the table turn 1 where in your turn 1 your got this filthy morathi on your lines. Trust me when you play that list with your list a few times you might beat his ass;)

Lord relictors: i love and hate this character. Love it when i make those 3+ and he teleports al over the map and heals, debuffs of shoot stuff off. But damn i got many games he did nothing so in my competative games i take a lord vexillor just for that ones per game treat. 

Thank you for the write up i loved reading it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

oke but to advice playing a whole other battalion with a lot of differant units in it is  a bit wierd. Its like playing another army because none of the poster his units are on the skyborne slayers format. And i dont believe skyborne slayers would beat giants that easy. Dok can be done but is not easy. 

3 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Bro. I know what meta is. I was 8 in Polish tournament legue and also best SCE. I was reffering to the fact that i was not asking for advice on my list... I just wanted to share a though after tournament. I dont need comment like, play this and change this for that lmao. 

Youre somewhat right i should have been more detailed.  But its a public forum and since you lost to two lists that shoot or do well, its a change of strategy recommendation. Follow it or dont . Heres the thing about SCE shooting. It pales to whats out there rn. Its either too elite (Raptors) or too swingy (Ballista). Aside from the shooting one drop ), which is really a one trick pony, we relied on shooting to counter a meta cannibalizing itself in melee and it worked.

Now the meta is trying to cannibalize itself in shooting and / or magic. With gargants to punish anything designed to cripple armies with 3-4 d3 mortal wound spams. So dont participate in it. Use your reserves. A shooting component of 3 Gunhaulers or 3 Allopexes with Gav Bombs to drop in and finish em with Retributors / Evocators is not a bad game plan anymore.

As for the Ballista. Its bad, like we get so much out of the gunhauler compared to it.

Edited by jhamslam