AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

We also still need a command trait as good as staunch defender and more battle traits, that make sense - "here guys, we give you this amazing battle trait of -1 to hit but it only works in your turn, we also take away all your battalion's abilities that would synergise with this trait, except one that have a bunch of tax units, have fun"

Named characters that are not golden boys, seeing Lynus is a sign of hope though.

Further reduction of Celestant Prime's cost and give him 2+ save already! That is an Alpha Stormcast, he deserves to be the only model in this game that has a native 2+ save.

22 hours ago, XReN said:

First - Prosecutors and Azyros themselves ARE support for your other elements, try playing Vanguard Wing - it can be fun. Maybe as a variation of anvils list with big judicator unit. Sigh, I miss the days of VW's glory

Sorry but that's not very helpful at all.

I'm asking about the units themselves and you've suggested playing entirely different ones?! 

3 minutes ago, Charlo said:

Sorry but that's not very helpful at all.

I'm asking about the units themselves and you've suggested playing entirely different ones?! 

Yes I suggest that you play entirely dfferent units, because Prosecutors can't be the core of your list and aren't intended to be one, they don't have what it takes to do so. They are purely utility - you can use melee ones for tying up missle units or charging into the corner of big blob to mess with it's pile-in whille your main fighting unit charges other side and deals damage, you can also run them with shields and Grandaxe so they will deal some damage in the process and stay in combat longer. You can use ranged prosecutors to chip down wounds on multi-wounded targets and flank with them, then throw them in opponent's way to prevent a charge to more valuable unit. 

And knight Azyros is only usefull for his lantern, his combat abilities aren't any better than any other hero.

I have been using Prosecutors for more than a year back in 1st edition, they are great fun, but there are better options damage-wise, so you have to use Prosecutors for utility they bring.

32 minutes ago, XReN said:

Yes I suggest that you play entirely dfferent units, because Prosecutors can't be the core of your list and aren't intended to be one, they don't have what it takes to do so. They are purely utility - you can use melee ones for tying up missle units or charging into the corner of big blob to mess with it's pile-in whille your main fighting unit charges other side and deals damage, you can also run them with shields and Grandaxe so they will deal some damage in the process and stay in combat longer. You can use ranged prosecutors to chip down wounds on multi-wounded targets and flank with them, then throw them in opponent's way to prevent a charge to more valuable unit. 

And knight Azyros is only usefull for his lantern, his combat abilities aren't any better than any other hero.

I have been using Prosecutors for more than a year back in 1st edition, they are great fun, but there are better options damage-wise, so you have to use Prosecutors for utility they bring.

That's much better, thanks! 

I wanted to add them to my Cities of Sigmar army so was looking at what is the best option, are they viable as a fast but somewhat tough distraction etc 

2 minutes ago, Charlo said:

That's much better, thanks! 

I wanted to add them to my Cities of Sigmar army so was looking at what is the best option, are they viable as a fast but somewhat tough distraction etc 

Sorry, your initial question haven't transfered your intentions that well.

Yes, they are viable as skirmishing distraction unit, you can also use vanguard palladors in such role.

Guys and Girls, I need some help because I am losing my mind here. 

I wrote up a list earlier in this thread about a Gav memeheart list, but I am looking at his warscroll, and he doesn't have the HoS keyword, nor does his CA say it has to be HoS units. It is for friendly "SCE". Here it is: 

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/aos-warscroll-Gavriel-Sureheart-en.pdf

I'm going crazy trying to figure this out, because I see lists with only the HoS as the stormhost, and people saying it can only be them.  

I also bought the model yesterday and the warscroll is the same as there. 

EDIT: It seems im a bit of a dumb dumb and it's not the most recent warscroll.....

You win this round GW!

Edited by Heijoshin
Dumb dumb reason
  • Haha 3

Considering chaff, i think skinks still offer the most utility, but a max sized blob of Freeguild Guard or Bleakswords not only absorbs a lot of space but is also really dangerous. If you just want a cheap unit with 10 wounds to throw about, skinks are the better choice with their high move and retreat shenanigans.

16 minutes ago, Storm1 said:

So I am new to warhammer, I just got the thunderstrike brotherhood, and I was wondering what would work well with it, I thought 10 liberators, 10 judicators, 2 cuncussors, and a stardrake.

Not the most competitive but fun and powerful is a Celestant Prime with that Stardrake. Stardrake can make MW to D6 units all across the table on a 4+, if you target enemy heros with his ability and the celestant prime's comet attack you're doing an assassination on turn 1 if you're lucky with Stardrake rolls.
With a Stardrake, you'd want to play No stormhost to get Staunch Defender and bring a castellan with his lantern.
Afterwards it depends if you want more melee or shooting, but since you take no StormHost and Staunch defender, melee would be better. So either evocators or desolators.

Edited by Maturin
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Storm1 said:

Could you give me some good competitive Stormcast Eternal units to add to the Thunderstrike brotherhood.  I can take out units from the Thunderstrike brotherhood too.

If you want to play the most competitive list there is, ditch everything but the liberators, find another 5 man unit, and then buy everything to make an Anvils of Heldenhammer Longstrikes list.

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/18313-aos-2-stormcast-eternals-discussion/?page=207

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/18313-aos-2-stormcast-eternals-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=342601

Read what
@PJetski wrote on those 2 pages.

Edited by Maturin

6 minutes ago, Storm1 said:

Thank you,  if I want to keep most of the units,what should I add to make a moderately competitive army then.

You can't :). Hammer Prosecutors aren't good enough to go in melee, too squishy not effective enough, they only have for them their good mobility that could help you get an objective a bit far away. Retributors are outclassed by evocators. LCOD could be effective unless you face MW then he's easily toast.

Thunderstrike brotherhood : Lord relictor is fine. 2 man liberators as baseline tax are fine. So are judicators but really expensive, so in competitive list they're usually not taken. I aready told you what to do : Lord Castellant, Desolators, Celestant Prime, evocators for a melee oriented one

Edited by Maturin

7 minutes ago, Storm1 said:

Thank you,  if I want to keep most of the units,what should I add to make a moderately competitive army then.

OR You go the Skyborne Slayers route, if you do this then you'll be able to field your 10 libs, 10 juds. But you'll need to buy a Lord Celestant; another box of paladins and convert your retributors to decimators or prosecutors. Put your stardrake, Relictor, castellant on the table, the rest of tha battalion in the skyes.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-skyborneslayers-en.pdf

5 minutes ago, Maturin said:

OR You go the Skyborne Slayers route, if you do this then you'll be able to field your 10 libs, 10 juds. But you'll need to buy a Lord Celestant; another box of paladins and convert your retributors to decimators or prosecutors. Put your stardrake, Relictor, castellant on the table, the rest of tha battalion in the skyes.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-skyborneslayers-en.pdf

If I use the Skyborne slayers route, should I keep the prosecutors, and Vandus Hammerhand

Edited by Storm1

1 minute ago, Storm1 said:

Which route is better

The Anvils Longstrikes is better. But it requires skill and comprehension of the games. Just look at the links I gave will you ? That's the msot competitive list out there.

Stardrake list aren't that powerful anymore, but they can be fun as I explained to you, if you add a way to do localized damage, with a Celestant Prime for ex (340 points) or a Knight Incantor with the everblaze Comet (140 + 100 points). Celestant prime gives you either a guaranteed 3mw around a d6 distance or a guaranteed 6" range with a random amount of MW (read his warscroll if you don't know what I'm talking about). Incantor gives a guaranteed dispell + a chance to cast the comet but the comet is unreliable then, compared to the relaible damages of the celestant.

Desolators by 6 are very interesting. 600 points, 3+ save, can shoot on a 4+ d3MW per model at 12" range. IF near a staunch defender hero then they become 2+, if in cover they become 1+ rrll 1s. etc.

If you mix Stardrake, Celestant and desolators you'll have a very powerful list but with ver very few models! 

If you play Skyborne slayers, you can Alpha Strike quite hard, but afterwards you're bit stuck where you deployde (paladins are movement 4 for ex).
Anyway, read up bruh and try out against friendly opponents even if you have to proxy at first.

2 minutes ago, Maturin said:

The Anvils Longstrikes is better. But it requires skill and comprehension of the games. Just look at the links I gave will you ? That's the msot competitive list out there.

Stardrake list aren't that powerful anymore, but they can be fun as I explained to you, if you add a way to do localized damage, with a Celestant Prime for ex (340 points) or a Knight Incantor with the everblaze Comet (140 + 100 points). Celestant prime gives you either a guaranteed 3mw around a d6 distance or a guaranteed 6" range with a random amount of MW (read his warscroll if you don't know what I'm talking about). Incantor gives a guaranteed dispell + a chance to cast the comet but the comet is unreliable then, compared to the relaible damages of the celestant.

Desolators by 6 are very interesting. 600 points, 3+ save, can shoot on a 4+ d3MW per model at 12" range. IF near a staunch defender hero then they become 2+, if in cover they become 1+ rrll 1s. etc.

If you mix Stardrake, Celestant and desolators you'll have a very powerful list but with ver very few models! 

If you play Skyborne slayers, you can Alpha Strike quite hard, but afterwards you're bit stuck where you deployde (paladins are movement 4 for ex).
Anyway, read up bruh and try out against friendly opponents even if you have to proxy at first.

Thanks