AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

13 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Combining the dracothian guards and ballista in AT list has a problem though, you will have many drops. Then your opponent might choose the first turn in the first round. Your extra 6" movement might help your opponent instead.

You could use the 6” move to move backwards possibly bait them?

• Like 1

Do we have a good list that still use old unit of Stormcast? i.e. Paladin, Dracothian Guard or Lord celestant on foot.

Honestly, I feel that they need some update rule to get some use again. Because, right now, new stuffs are tended to be more powerful than old stuffs.

And another thing is the Stardrake, do you guys thing that it’s overcosted? I just try to compare it with Terrorgheist and Alarielle. It seem that the Terrorgheist is lower cost but much more deadly and has a free one unit of Crypt Flayers. For Alarielle, she has a free treelord with a slightly more point cost than our Stardrake (and without a doubt, also much more deadly than our Stardrake)

Edited by armisael

Looking at the SC lists for Bobo, lots of Surecharges and some Staunch Drake, but can't see any other Anvilstrike... With FEC, BOC and now Slaanesh, I am curious to see how my list will perform.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)

- General- Trait: Deathly Aura - Artefact: Soulthief - Spell: Azyrite Halo- Mount Trait: Wind Runner

Lord-Relictor (100)

- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch - Prayer: Translocation

Battleline

10 x Sequitors (240)

- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces

10 x Sequitors (240)

- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Units

5 x Evocators (200)

- 5x Grandstaves

5 x Evocators (200)

- 5x Grandstaves

9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (540)

Battalions

Cleansing Phalanx (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 1

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 110

• Like 1

10 hours ago, armisael said:

Do we have a good list that still use old unit of Stormcast? i.e. Paladin, Dracothian Guard or Lord celestant on foot.

I think Skyborne Slayers is still very competitive (airdrop the battalion and then 5 inch charges with a Lord Celestant + Sword of Judgement + 3 command points = 5 attacks doing 1d6 mortals each on 3s to Hit against the biggest Hero or Monster you can find).

However my favourite version of this has a brick of 20 Sequitors deployed on the field with an Incantor (Staunch Defender), Castellant and Relictor, and the Sequitors are at 2+ rerolling 1s with Azyrite Halo and a Spellmirror artefact affecting them too. Quite a resilient phalanx!

If the enemy "clams up" out of fear of the imminent Slayers airdrop, you can potentially just leave them in Azyr for another turn and try to cap objectives using the doggie or Translocation.

(Credit to @AdamR for basically this list)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Roark said:

I think Skyborne Slayers is still very competitive (airdrop the battalion and then 5 inch charges with a Lord Celestant + Sword of Judgement + 3 command points = 5 attacks doing 1d6 mortals each on 3s to Hit against the biggest Hero or Monster you can find).

However my favourite version of this has a brick of 20 Sequitors deployed on the field with an Incantor (Staunch Defender), Castellant and Relictor, and the Sequitors are at 2+ rerolling 1s with Azyrite Halo and a Spellmirror artefact affecting them too. Quite a resilient phalanx!

If the enemy "clams up" out of fear of the imminent Slayers airdrop, you can potentially just leave them in Azyr for another turn and try to cap objectives using the doggie or Translocation.

(Credit to @AdamR for basically this list)

Sorry if sounds dumb question but where do I find the skyborne slayers battalion and what is it? 

11 hours ago, armisael said:

Honestly, I feel that they need some update rule to get some use again. Because, right now, new stuffs are tended to be more powerful than old stuffs.

And another thing is the Stardrake, do you guys thing that it’s overcosted? I just try to compare it with Terrorgheist and Alarielle. It seem that the Terrorgheist is lower cost but much more deadly and has a free one unit of Crypt Flayers. For Alarielle, she has a free treelord with a slightly more point cost than our Stardrake (and without a doubt, also much more deadly than our Stardrake)

The Stardrake is definitely overcost and overcost a lot. However, terrorgheist is something very special, it is a unit that is undercost and undercost a lot. I guess GW gives it very imba rules to promote selling. I practices, a 400 terrorgheist can deal with a 1500 army from many fractions, especially those melee focused one. Its damage output is crazy and  it attacks at the begginning of the combat phase,  so it just elimiate almost anyone standing in front of him. Not to mention his super durability,  4+, ignore rend(maglin arctefact), 5+++, 6+++.

1 hour ago, Twh30 said:

Sorry if sounds dumb question but where do I find the skyborne slayers battalion and what is it? 

Can't even remember which book it's in. One of the really old obsolete/irrelevant ones like Godbeasts or something. I just google-imaged it.

190pts

1 Lord-Celestant

2 Libs

2 Judicators

1 Protectors

1 Decimators

Everyone is immune to battleshock and can be deployed in Azyr irrespective of Scions. Everyone can airdrop within 12" of a point on the field, and 5" away from the enemy.

1 minute ago, Roark said:

Can't even remember which book it's in. One of the really old obsolete/irrelevant ones like Godbeasts or something. I just google-imaged it.

190pts

1 Lord-Celestant

2 Libs

2 Judicators

1 Protectors

1 Decimators

Everyone is immune to battleshock and can be deployed in Azyr irrespective of Scions. Everyone can airdrop within 12" of a point on the field, and 5" away from the enemy.

Cool thank you just found it in the app it’s free to see there 

Hello all. I was thinking on touching my stormcast list because I never feel the mood to use them. I have other armys (idoneth, sylvaneth, 1k kharadron and LoN) and I was thinkign on going elite with stormcast. My actual list is:

Relictor, Castellant, Celestant, Neave, Incantor, Arcanum.

2 x5 liberator, 2x 5 judicators
5 retributor, 3 prosecutor, 3 pallador and 2 fulminator.

I feel I only need battlelines and relictor, I can keep fulminators cause I like them and maybe palladors. I would like to have an army that combines well too with my 1k kharadron if I wanna go 2k with kharadron-stormcast. So I was thinking of:

Arcanum on flying goat, 2 arcanum on dracoline, Relictor.
2 x5 Liberator, 5 Judicator.
5 evocator, 3 evocator on dracoline.

And the other option is changing 2 Arcanum on dracoline for Celestant Prime and Incantor. 

Whay do you think??? Is Arcanum on flying goat worth it?? Is Celestant Prime worth it?? Shoud I keep Palladors and change that 5 evocators as they are 200p??

I see Celestant Prime a bit weak for his points. And Arcanum on goat has more health. 

I think 2 Arcanum and relictor give a nice healing buff, and evocators are cool too. 

Any thoughts or suggestions??

Edited by Hoseman

Small little question: Has there been someone who tried to max out spells that give us a wound reflection with SCE? Like Azyrite Halo + Shield of Thorns of allied Sisters of the Thorn? This together with Staunch Defender, Save Reroll on Sequitors and a Lord Castellant sounds pretty interesting to me. A Staff of Azyr could be used to improve the longlivity of our caster. The big issue so far is the dependance on good casting rolls to keep the trick working.

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

Small little question: Has there been someone who tried to max out spells that give us a wound reflection with SCE? Like Azyrite Halo + Shield of Thorns of allied Sisters of the Thorn? This together with Staunch Defender, Save Reroll on Sequitors and a Lord Castellant sounds pretty interesting to me. A Staff of Azyr could be used to improve the longlivity of our caster. The big issue so far is the dependance on good casting rolls to keep the trick working.

That would combo really nicely with the Stardrake combo.  He does an innate damage reflection, both those spells, the artifact that bounces damage (Smoldering Helm or something?) would all add up to quite a few reflected wounds, especially on 6s.  However, I wonder at what point it would yield diminishing returns on investment?  Stack too many buffs into one unit and you may regret not simply adding more troops, other utility units, etc.  For example, bouncing a bunch of mortal wounds back against a chaff/horde unit probably isn't going to be an efficient use of all the points you paid in buffing units.

Time for another tournament report, this time I came at 8th place out of 48. I ran this list:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (240)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Pride Leader
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Ordinator (140)
20 x Sequitors (400)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (600)
- 3x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 129

Game 1 vs. Grand Host of Nagash, Focal Points.

He ran Arkhan, an Etheral Zombie Dragon Lord, Prince Vhordrai, 80 Skeletons, a Necromancer and 5 Dire Wolves. I got to go first, siezed the centre with my buffed up Sequitors and moved the Dracolines ready to pounce. He charged 40 Skeletons and the Dragon into the Seqs and killed like 2. Then I won priority. I charged the other Skeleton unit with the Dracolines and rolled very poorly, only killing 25 Skeletons. The other Skeleton unit was almost wiped. The Ballistae come down and blow up Arkhan. Vhordrai charges into the Dracolines and kill a lot. His Dragon rolls double 6 on his mouth's d6 damage (that hurt). The attrition war turns against me, but one of my 5 Libs manage to sneak to one of his objectives, giving me a solid lead on points. In the last turn he manages to get some points back and eventually I win 12-8 (max 20).

Game 2 vs. Idoneth Deepkin, Total Commitment.

He ran Volturnos, 2 Wizards (one of which an Archmage), 6 Ishlaenn, 6 Morrsarr, 2 Allopex, 10 Thralls and a Leviadon. He turn one charges his Ishlaenn into my Dracolines and doesn't kill any. Dracolines hit back and kill 3, the other 3 flee on a 6 on his battleshock test. In my turn the Dracolines kill the Morrsarr and then the Leviadon rolls like a god and kill 4 Dracolines.  On the other side of the battlefield one Ballista kills his 10 Thralls over a couple of turns and eventually takes his objective there. Then the Sequitors make combat and mop up the rest of his army. I win 18-12.

Game 3 vs. Khorne, Three Places of Power.

He ran Gore Pilgrims and Murderhost? A Bloodthirster that lets you pile-in 6", 3x 10 Bloodletters, Skarbrand, Skulltaker, 2 Priests, a Bloodsecrator, 10 Reavers and 5 Warriors.  He takes first turn and spreads the screen so that the Ballistae can't rapid fire into Skarbrand or the Bloodthirster, but he takes no points. On my turn I move up and take the center point with my Dracolines and Arcanum, the Sequitors a bit behind. The Ballistae and Ordinator deep strike onto the point furthest away from the big daemons and they combined with a Dracoline charge kills the Reavers and both his Priests. He gets initiative and two Bloodletter units pile their way into my Dracolines and kills 4. Skarbrand deletes 5 Libs and the Sequitors, but he still takes no points. On my turn I kill the rest of his characters except the big daemons. On his turn Skarbrand fails his charge and the Thirster fails to kill my Arcanum, the thirster then promply dies. In the end he only has Skarbrand left, and I have like 20 points to his 3 (from a summoned Herald holding a point for 2 turns). I only win 15-5 because of tournament-specific secondaries that we tied.

Game 4 vs. Gristlegore, Total Conquest.

He ran 2 Terrorgheist heroes and 3 Terrorgheist Battleline, and Cogs. The game was a complete joke, he rolled really well on his turn 1 charges and killed all the Sequitors with 2 Terrogheists and 4 Dracolines with 1 Terrorgheist, none of which was the general. I can't win after this, we just talk the secondaries out and I lose 4-16. Games like this demoralise me, it took 20 minutes and I didn't even get to actually play the game.

Game 5 vs. Sylvaneth, Scorched Earth.

He ran two Battalions, Household and Gnarlroot. It's basically 60 Dryads, Alarielle, a Tree Lord, two Branch-characters and 5 Tree Revenants. He takes first turn and teleports Alarielle to one end of the Battlefield and teleport-conga 30 Dryads into my deployment zone. In my turn I charge the Dryads with my Dracolines and wipe them all. I then get double turn and charge into the second Dryad unit, killing 17-20 of them (I couldn't get all the Dracolines into combat). The Sequitors have moved up and managed to charge his Alarielle-summoned Dryad unit and kill them, taking and burning their objective. The Ballistae roll like ****** and fail to kill Alarielle with two turns of shooting. On his turn he moves some dudes around, Alarielle rolls a 1 and can't do anything. The Dryads die on combat to the remaining Dracolines (who are taking a pounding from awakening forests). He then gets double turn and manage to take and burn 2 of my objectives, Alarielle kills the last Dracolines. Alarielle dies from Sequitor and Arcanum melee. I manage to take his last two points and burn them. In the last turn he fails to take my last point and I win 12-8.

So it went pretty well, I'm still very impressed by the sheer killing power of the Dracolines. The Sequitors always deliver (except vs Skarbrand and FEC). The Ballistae were a massive disappointment again. Their damage output is so swingy and unreliable, I don't like it. I won't run them anymore, I miss my 6-man unit of Palladors. The tournament made me hate the current meta though. There are Gristlegore players everywhere and I think their Terrorghesists are insanely OP.  The mouth attack is faaaaar too strong to be on a model that can attack twice and only costs 300 points. The game vs FEC made me wonder why I play Age of Sigmar. I used to praise it's balance over 40k, but after FEC and Skaven it's a complete farce compared to 40k. This will probably be my last AoS tournament for a while, back to 40k it is.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Marzillius said:

Time for another tournament report, this time I came at 8th place out of 48. I ran this list:

Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (240)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Pride Leader
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Ordinator (140)
20 x Sequitors (400)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (600)
- 3x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 129

Game 1 vs. Grand Host of Nagash, Focal Points.

He ran Arkhan, an Etheral Zombie Dragon Lord, Prince Vhordrai, 80 Skeletons, a Necromancer and 5 Dire Wolves. I got to go first, siezed the centre with my buffed up Sequitors and moved the Dracolines ready to pounce. He charged 40 Skeletons and the Dragon into the Seqs and killed like 2. Then I won priority. I charged the other Skeleton unit with the Dracolines and rolled very poorly, only killing 25 Skeletons. The other Skeleton unit was almost wiped. The Ballistae come down and blow up Arkhan. Vhordrai charges into the Dracolines and kill a lot. His Dragon rolls double 6 on his mouth's d6 damage (that hurt). The attrition war turns against me, but one of my 5 Libs manage to sneak to one of his objectives, giving me a solid lead on points. In the last turn he manages to get some points back and eventually I win 12-8 (max 20).

Game 2 vs. Idoneth Deepkin, Total Commitment.

He ran Volturnos, 2 Wizards (one of which an Archmage), 6 Ishlaenn, 6 Morrsarr, 2 Allopex, 10 Thralls and a Leviadon. He turn one charges his Ishlaenn into my Dracolines and doesn't kill any. Dracolines hit back and kill 3, the other 3 flee on a 6 on his battleshock test. In my turn the Dracolines kill the Morrsarr and then the Leviadon rolls like a god and kill 4 Dracolines.  On the other side of the battlefield one Ballista kills his 10 Thralls over a couple of turns and eventually takes his objective there. Then the Sequitors make combat and mop up the rest of his army. I win 18-12.

Game 3 vs. Khorne, Three Places of Power.

He ran Gore Pilgrims and Murderhost? A Bloodthirster that lets you pile-in 6", 3x 10 Bloodletters, Skarbrand, Skulltaker, 2 Priests, a Bloodsecrator, 10 Reavers and 5 Warriors.  He takes first turn and spreads the screen so that the Ballistae can't rapid fire into Skarbrand or the Bloodthirster, but he takes no points. On my turn I move up and take the center point with my Dracolines and Arcanum, the Sequitors a bit behind. The Ballistae and Ordinator deep strike onto the point furthest away from the big daemons and they combined with a Dracoline charge kills the Reavers and both his Priests. He gets initiative and two Bloodletter units pile their way into my Dracolines and kills 4. Skarbrand deletes 5 Libs and the Sequitors, but he still takes no points. On my turn I kill the rest of his characters except the big daemons. On his turn Skarbrand fails his charge and the Thirster fails to kill my Arcanum, the thirster then promply dies. In the end he only has Skarbrand left, and I have like 20 points to his 3 (from a summoned Herald holding a point for 2 turns). I only win 15-5 because of tournament-specific secondaries that we tied.

Game 4 vs. Gristlegore, Total Conquest.

He ran 2 Terrorgheist heroes and 3 Terrorgheist Battleline, and Cogs. The game was a complete joke, he rolled really well on his turn 1 charges and killed all the Sequitors with 2 Terrogheists and 4 Dracolines with 1 Terrorgheist, none of which was the general. I can't win after this, we just talk the secondaries out and I lose 4-16. Games like this demoralise me, it took 20 minutes and I didn't even get to actually play the game.

Game 5 vs. Sylvaneth, Scorched Earth.

He ran two Battalions, Household and Gnarlroot. It's basically 60 Dryads, Alarielle, a Tree Lord, two Branch-characters and 5 Tree Revenants. He takes first turn and teleports Alarielle to one end of the Battlefield and teleport-conga 30 Dryads into my deployment zone. In my turn I charge the Dryads with my Dracolines and wipe them all. I then get double turn and charge into the second Dryad unit, killing 17-20 of them (I couldn't get all the Dracolines into combat). The Sequitors have moved up and managed to charge his Alarielle-summoned Dryad unit and kill them, taking and burning their objective. The Ballistae roll like ****** and fail to kill Alarielle with two turns of shooting. On his turn he moves some dudes around, Alarielle rolls a 1 and can't do anything. The Dryads die on combat to the remaining Dracolines (who are taking a pounding from awakening forests). He then gets double turn and manage to take and burn 2 of my objectives, Alarielle kills the last Dracolines. Alarielle dies from Sequitor and Arcanum melee. I manage to take his last two points and burn them. In the last turn he fails to take my last point and I win 12-8.

So it went pretty well, I'm still very impressed by the sheer killing power of the Dracolines. The Sequitors always deliver (except vs Skarbrand and FEC). The Ballistae were a massive disappointment again. Their damage output is so swingy and unreliable, I don't like it. I won't run them anymore, I miss my 6-man unit of Palladors. The tournament made me hate the current meta though. There are Gristlegore players everywhere and I think their Terrorghesists are insanely OP.  The mouth attack is faaaaar too strong to be on a model that can attack twice and only costs 300 points. The game vs FEC made me wonder why I play Age of Sigmar. I used to praise it's balance over 40k, but after FEC and Skaven it's a complete farce compared to 40k. This will probably be my last AoS tournament for a while, back to 40k it is.

Dont feel too bad about your loss. 

Games Workshop is dedicated to giving the best tools to the worst kind of play. 

I mean look at the undercosted monstrosity that is the Skaven and FEC, its like all they want it is turn 2 smash your opponents army with no hope of fighting back

• Haha 1

Have people here tried using skinks in their lists? I guess the biggest drawback is more drops, but as a Seraphon player I know how good they are for 60 points. They move so fast and have 10 bravery, it seems like a great fit. Even for 2x10 units it could be worth it.

I'd love to hear your opinions on why to take them and why not!

Do you people still worry about drops with SCE? I kinda just totally gave up on that except for Skyborne Slayers. In fact my deployments tend to go on forever, and I like to see what the opponent is doing in total, because I just assume I won't deploy first. Maybe it's just coz of the particular armies I'm facing.

1 hour ago, Roark said:

Do you people still worry about drops with SCE? I kinda just totally gave up on that except for Skyborne Slayers. In fact my deployments tend to go on forever, and I like to see what the opponent is doing in total, because I just assume I won't deploy first. Maybe it's just coz of the particular armies I'm facing.

Once in a blue moon I have a choice, and it always shocks the hell out of me.

I agree our tome feels rushed and incomplete.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:08 PM, Marzillius said:

Congratulations on good results, you did well.

But I don't think you are right about FEC, yes, they are strong, no doubt about it, but you just allowed him to come and kill you and your list wasn't equiped with anything to counter such cheese, no priest to divine light your screen, no incantor to auto-dispell cogs, no aetherwing+raptor shenanigans. It's just a lesson to be learned and a list to tinker with.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, XReN said:

Congratulations on good results, you did well.

But I don't think you are right about FEC, yes, they are strong, no doubt about it, but you just allowed him to come and kill you and your list wasn't equiped with anything to counter such cheese, no priest to divine light your screen, no incantor to auto-dispell cogs, no aetherwing+raptor shenanigans. It's just a lesson to be learned and a list to tinker with.

I agree..👍🏼 

I never have problems with fec. Im confused that he had such good results with 6 dracolines. I have dracolines too because i like how they look but i think the points are better invested in something else in the competetive scene.

Edited by Erdemo86

There are stronger lists, but Dracolines + Ballistas is a fine list.

I'm not a fan of spending 500 points on Sequitors and a Castellant in that list, though - seems like you are just adding more melee to an army that is already heavy on melee.

Has anyone here tried to combine Longstrikes and Ballistas? I'm new to Stormcast so below is just theory crafting. The battalion gets you an extra CP for double firing and if you positioned well you could use it on either the rerolling hits Ballista or Longstrikes. It also has some screening/movement tricks with the skinks and aetherwings.

I had 2 questions maybe experienced SCE players could answer:

-How do 5x Seq units perform? They seem efficient because they get 3 special weapons

-What 2nd artefact would you take in the below list?

Lord-Ordinator (140)
Lord-Arcanum (180)
20 x Sequitors (400)
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (360)
3 x Castigators (80)
3 x Aetherwings (50) (or 10x Skinks)
10 x Skinks (60)
10 x Skinks (60)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
BATTALIONSHailstorm Battery (120)

Edited by Warbossironteef

Apologies for the long post.

I'm going to a tournament at the end of May, and lists are due in less than a week. I've narrowed my list choices down to three, but I can't decide which to take, and I was hoping for some advice. I've played all three of these lists, and had good luck with all of them, but of course each of them has flaws and weaknesses. I was hoping the forum could help me decide which would be best to take.

List #1 - Very heavy shooting.

Spoiler

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

Leaders
Lord-Castellant (100)
-
 General
- Trait: We Cannot Fail 
- Artefact: God-forged Blade 
Knight-Azyros (100)
Knight-Venator (120)
Knight-Incantor (140)
-
 Spell: Lighntning Blast
Celestant-Prime (340)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
-
 Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
-
 Boltstorm Crossbows
- 1x Thunderbolt Crossbows
5 x Judicators (160)
-
 Boltstorm Crossbows

Units
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (140)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (140)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (100)

Endless Spells
Everblaze Comet (100)
Quicksilver Swords (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 96

List #2 - Hybrid shooting and assault

Spoiler

Leaders
Lord-Castellant (100)
-
 General
Gavriel Sureheart (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
-
 Spell: Azyrite Halo
Celestant-Prime (340)

Battleline
10 x Liberators (200)
-
 Warhammer & Shield
- 2x Grandhammers
5 x Sequitors (120)
-
 Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Judicators (160)
-
 Boltstorm Crossbows
5 x Judicators (160)
-
 Boltstorm Crossbows

Units
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
5 x Evocators (200)
-
 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Terrifying Aspect

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (100)

Endless Spells
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 108

List #3 - All out assault

Spoiler

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (100)
-
 General
Gavriel Sureheart (100)
Vandus Hammerhand (280)
Celestant-Prime (340)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
-
 Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
-
 Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
-
 Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Sequitors (120)
-
 Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Units
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
10 x Evocators (400)
-
 10x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Terrifying Aspect

Total: 1740 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 5
Wounds: 107

Notes:

In each list, I have an even number of drops, so there will be a ground force and an "air" force that drops from the sky. For the most part, the weakest units always start on the ground.

The weakness of the shooting list has generally been that if I land and fail to clear out an area next to me, I get counter charged and lose pretty fast. Also, I have a tough time moving and capturing objectives, as I need a turn to shoot and then another turn to walk to the objective after shooting..

The hybrid list weakness is that i generally don't have enough punch to take out threats, and the army ends up being a bit milkwarm at everything it does. However, it is the most flexible list, and is the one that I play most often with friends and in casual games.

The assault list can be ugly for opponents to face if they don't know what's coming, but if I don't essentially win in a single turn, I've basically immediately lost the game. It can be a shocker for people who have never seen it, but if stuff starts dying it loses power super fast. The game can be over in a heartbeat either for or against me.

Any thoughts or advice?