AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Honestly? Probably because if they gave these new points with the current scrolls there would be a lot more wailing and gnashing of teeth, and less sales of Dominion I guess? The new points reflect the new scrolls at least, who knows how the behind the scenes at GW works though.

2 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

Why in the hell did they bother updating points in the GHB if the new battletome was just going to update them all AGAIN a few weeks later?

Because all of the releases are later than their original intended drop dates, Dominion and AOS3 was supposed to drop back with the Ghal Maraz collectible coin.

• Like 1

Judicators will have to be seriously redone for me to spend 200 on 5 of them. 

Edit: So I expect they'll be redone to be more of a "heavy artillery" type, but what do we make of "Vanquishers"? New unit or just renamed Hunters; because I noticed they are suspiciously absent among the other Battleline listings. 

Edited by Freejack02

1 hour ago, Freejack02 said:

Edit: So I expect they'll be redone to be more of a "heavy artillery" type, but what do we make of "Vanquishers"? New unit or just renamed Hunters; because I noticed they are suspiciously absent among the other Battleline listings. 

I doubt theyre renamed hunters. Just use Hunters at that point

But its a good guess, make em slightly more offensive than libs but less defensive than vindictors

The options att the top could also just be all the Unconditional battleline as opposed to requiring a specific Lord

Edited by jhamslam

1 hour ago, Freejack02 said:

Well my new hobby is checking Whitefang's likes. When someone suggested new ranged unit or renamed hunters they got all confused, but someone else suggested new agressive melee unit, their heart was full of joy so I'm going to go with that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheGrayKing said:

I just want to know how much my Vanguard models are going to cost. I'm currently putting together and painting a Vanguard Start Collecting, 10 extra Vanguard-Hunters, 3 boxes of Vanguard-Raptors.

I imagine they'll sit around where they are in the new GHB. Sequitors are conditional battleline but we know their buffs are good so they're 145.

Hunters I could see staying at 4+ save regardless, so I think 110 or 115 is a safe bet as conditional+skirmisher battleline

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

i'm fine with this, Stormcast version of Sentinels? :P but really, I think this means they might get 2 shots, and that plus the Knight-Judicator buffing them I can see them being worth 200pts

26 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I imagine they'll sit around where they are in the new GHB. Sequitors are conditional battleline but we know their buffs are good so they're 145.

Hunters I could see staying at 4+ save regardless, so I think 110 or 115 is a safe bet as conditional+skirmisher battleline

I hope so, but I guess we'll see in about a month

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Well my new hobby is checking Whitefang's likes. When someone suggested new ranged unit or renamed hunters they got all confused, but someone else suggested new agressive melee unit, their heart was full of joy so I'm going to go with that. 

wtf is a whitefang

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Looks like Sequitors will be unconditional now, so we no longer need to have a Lord Arcanum general for them.

• Like 4

By the way I'm glad that Libs stay at 5 minimum and all the others as well. I have odd numbers of most units. I only got 5 Libs with swords. I wouldn't have been able to play them if they really updated minimum to box size :D

16 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

Why in the hell did they bother updating points in the GHB if the new battletome was just going to update them all AGAIN a few weeks later?

New battletomes always get updated points

GHB points are based on the 2nd edition battletome + Dominion

No photo description available.The Killaboss is standing on a Thunderstrike Stormcast with a Justicar Conclave symbol (as opposed to the lightning bolt Redeemer symbol on the Vindictors). I think this is almost certainly the "Vanquisher" unit.

image.png.32ebcb8b630c5d47928ea76565153d22.png

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

No photo description available.The Killaboss is standing on a Thunderstrike Stormcast with a Justicar Conclave symbol (as opposed to the lightning bolt Redeemer symbol on the Vindictors). I think this is almost certainly the "Vanquisher" unit.

image.png.32ebcb8b630c5d47928ea76565153d22.png

Oooh great spot. What’s also interesting is that this model has black leather gloves, and not the metal gauntlets of the Vindictors. But the chariot riders DO have black gloves. Unfortunately you can’t see the icon on the chariot crew but it doesn’t look like it’s the Justiciar. Something new there perhaps? Unfortunately that’s all we can extract for now.

edit: wait there’s a 180 of the models in the preview vid. The chariot definitely has Angelos conclave (makes sense). So either this is a mistake by the eavy metal team or it is a new Justiciar unit.

Side note: how in sigmars name have we not seen more ordinatos stuff yet? LIGHTNING CHARGED BATTLE ENGINES where do I sign up?

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 2

Hey everyone, I just got the Dominion box to start off my force along with a Lord Arcanum and a Lord Ordinator, I was wondering what Order faction would make the best allies for them. I know I can run Steam Tanks with the Ordinator, but I wanted to know if there are any other army with good synergy for SCE?

2 hours ago, RonnPhan said:

Hey everyone, I just got the Dominion box to start off my force along with a Lord Arcanum and a Lord Ordinator, I was wondering what Order faction would make the best allies for them. I know I can run Steam Tanks with the Ordinator, but I wanted to know if there are any other army with good synergy for SCE?

Lumineth have some really good options, as well as seraphon.

3 hours ago, RonnPhan said:

Kharadron Gunhaulers are excellent teleporting cannons with 10 wounds each

Idoneth Allopexes are great because they stop enemies from making pile in moves

Slann Starmasters are good 3 spell wizards with +1 to cast and a table wide unbind & dispel and they also generate some command points

48 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Kharadron Gunhaulers are excellent teleporting cannons with 10 wounds each

Idoneth Allopexes are great because they stop enemies from making pile in moves

Slann Starmasters are good 3 spell wizards with +1 to cast and a table wide unbind & dispel and they also generate some command points

dammit, does the turtle help us? gunhaulers and the idoneth creatures are such cool kits...