AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, lare2 said:

There's not even that much difference between their bulk. I was expecting the newcast to be a whole lot more leaner. I think across the chest, legs, arms, etc., there's really nothing too noticeable. The shoulder pads probably have the biggest disparity. 

Above all, the armour doesn't look much different, and that's supposed to be the one thing that makes them special.

Honestly, slap a spear on the weapon arm, cut the tabard and here's your newcast

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

image.png.1b9565809babb9317e602d4cfd79e736.pngThey shouldnt look too jarring next to each other, the tactical rock adds some height to the Vindictor here. Although with 2" reach confirmed it will be hard pressed for liberators to be any good, unless the hammers get better stats than 3+/3+/rend 1/1 MW on 6s... Usually spears hurt less but got the reach...

I don't think we should be too worried about thunderstrike height differences:
Liberator is doing a bit of a combat squat
Vindictor is on textured base
Vindictor is standing up straight
Standing pose looks taller than even other Vindicators in Dominion

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lare2 said:

There's not even that much difference between their bulk. I was expecting the newcast to be a whole lot more leaner. I think across the chest, legs, arms, etc., there's really nothing too noticeable. The shoulder pads probably have the biggest disparity. 

The legs and arms are noticably leaner on the Thunderstrike armor, but the aesthetics as a whole match quite nicely with classic Stormcast armor.

Looks like basic stormcast statline is 2 wounds, 4+ save

Shields are +1 save

Heavy armor or Hero gives another +1 save

Praetors seem to be an exception to this, they have a 3+ despite looking like Vindictors with capes.

Knights are 6 wounds, 3+

Lords are 7 wounds, 3+

Gonna be interesting to see if Dracoths/Stardrakes are 3+ or 2+

I suspect these warscrolls will be updated slightly with the battletome, like giving Annihilators the PALADIN keyword. 

• Confused 1

WAIT! "Zu Beginn deiner Bewegungsphase" - we shock down at the beginning of the movement phase and I don't see anything saying you can't move afterwards. That'd be huge!

Well it seems that the -1 to hit was replaced by the mortal wounds but if I get to move after coming down that's just nice. Never failing charges again...

Edited by Fuxxx

3 minutes ago, Fuxxx said:

WAIT! "Zu Beginn deiner Bewegungsphase" - we shock down at the beginning of the movement phase and I don't see anything saying you can't move afterwards. That'd be huge!

That would be huge, but deployment means they are treated as allready moved.. so no movement after

Edited by Erdemo86

1 minute ago, Erdemo86 said:

That would be huge, but deployment means they are treated as allready moved.. so no movement after

Ah, didn't see that rule anywhere yet but that's a shame. Oh well. Wouldn't really want other armies to have that either. I don't get why they changed it then. 

Just now, PJetski said:

Praetors are 1" range lol

Praetors and Annihilators have exactly the same melee stats. Like the Praetors more though. Can't really imagine bigger units of them. 3 per Hero you want to protect and that's it probably. I really like their design though. 

Ok one other thing. People always go on about unit minimums being the same as boxes. I don't really think they'll sell those elites as boxes of 3, will they? All I can imagine is as push fit but in that case they'd really lack building options. I really like the design of the Praetors at least but having them twice would look a bit strange as heroic as they are...

11 minutes ago, Fuxxx said:

Well it seems that the -1 to hit was replaced by the mortal wounds but if I get to move after coming down that's just nice. Never failing charges again...

This could be a HUGE nerf due to redeploy. If deployment counts as a move, the CA may be eligible. Which makes all those 9” charges 10”…

2 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

This could be a HUGE nerf due to redeploy. If deployment counts as a move, the CA may be eligible. Which makes all those 9” charges 10”…

you would be outside of 9" (except for thunderstrike) so no redeploy, and I don't think it triggers redeploy anyway as it specifically triggers for "normal move, run or retreat" and scions is none of those things aven if you count as having moved

Edited by Marcvs
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

Praetors seem to be an exception to this, they have a 3+ despite looking like Vindictors with capes.

Capes/Cloaks have some defensive properties probably wouldn't pair well with massive halberds but I feel like lightening infused Angels might be able to handle them:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Annihilators at 190 is oof

Yeah but consider you can revive them with ydresta.. that changes a lot!! Yndresta looks like the first stormcast hero that’s worth his/her points. If they now only would make prime better I’m very happy. 

praetors+ yndresta

Praetors+ Prime

2x 3 anhilators+ Imparantant

vexilor

3x5 vindictors 

1995 points

looks like a very solid list to me!!! Revive with Yndrasta and vexilor. Protect your big hero’s with praetors. Deploy and charge with anhilators+vexillor(reroll charge)+ prime+ praetors

Edited by Erdemo86

25 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Yeah but consider you can revive them with ydresta.. that changes a lot!! Yndresta looks like the first stormcast hero that’s worth his/her points. If they now only would make prime better I’m very happy. 

praetors+ yndresta

Praetors+ Prime

2x 3 anhilators+ Imparantant

vexilor

3x5 vindictors 

1995 points

looks like a very solid list to me!!! Revive with Yndrasta and vexilor. Protect your big hero’s with praetors. Deploy and charge with anhilators+vexillor(reroll charge)+ prime+ praetors

I like the idea of this, but I think it would be very vulnerable to a lot of things and hard pressed to cover ground. Thinking combat activation will be a problem as well, the output will be low overall and very low per unit. I think about this vs my Sons of Behemat list and they would just get tickled, then hit back and flatten a unit in response. There is also no way they can chew through a unit of wardens in time, who blocks a backline/teclis whatever.

It will also be a very hard time contesting any points, but I sure like the idea of it still :)

3 hours ago, Fuxxx said:

Praetors and Annihilators have exactly the same melee stats. Like the Praetors more though. Can't really imagine bigger units of them. 3 per Hero you want to protect and that's it probably. I really like their design though. 

Ok one other thing. People always go on about unit minimums being the same as boxes. I don't really think they'll sell those elites as boxes of 3, will they? All I can imagine is as push fit but in that case they'd really lack building options. I really like the design of the Praetors at least but having them twice would look a bit strange as heroic as they are...

40K has a lot of space marine units in boxes of 3 now so I don’t think it will be a problem. But it does feel like less value as the price will probably still be the same as other unit boxes…

Maybe units of 3 is only for dominion box? And after they will go up to 5? Was it not the Same with retributors and Evocators? I remember Evos were 3 for 200 and then after battletome its was 5 for 200. I can’t see why praetors or anhilators should have only 3 models. If rumors are true all paladins will get a 3+ save.

Edited by Erdemo86

Ist it only me or is the vexillor worded really awkwardly. I mean they could have just said "you have up to 3 d3 you can distribute between any 3 units in 12". Then heal up to d3 wounds per dice given to a unit." 

Something like that. It goes into detail that you can choose up to 3 units that can get one or give 1 unit two and one 1 or give one unit 3 and always tells you how many dice to roll in what case :D