AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

According to the rumour thread, models with >5 wounds count as 2 for scoring.

Dracoth and Dracoline meta? 

of course Palladors! With All out Attack they might be a good pick for 180. Wind run to the back line, javelins and pistols on 2s to hit.

I think there are better units to use All Out Attack on in the shooting phase, and you can only use that ability once per phase (or maybe once per turn?)

7 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I think there are better units to use All Out Attack on in the shooting phase, and you can only use that ability once per phase (or maybe once per turn?)

Yeah when I went back and looked at the profile I saw it wasn’t so good.

Really unless there are any warscroll changes it’s the same stuff that got better (judicators, raptors). 

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

ENHANCE!
aren't those raptors with hurricane crossbows?

Without the aetherwings I'd think they were new models too, extremely weird angle

2 hours ago, jeanfluflu said:

image.png.051a4c6df018d041105a7db4ec42eb67.png

vanguard raptors with hurricane crosbow i bet

Yeah definitely Hurricanes, but, my brain still hurts 😂

• Like 1

To anyone who was spamming 30 libs in Stormkeep, RIP

New rule

Unit maximums gone

Increasing unit size when list building is called a reinforcement

Each army has max 4 reinforcements in a 2000 pts game

Battleline can be reinforced twice

Non battleline only once

so no more 9 raptors either

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

New rule

Unit maximums gone

Non battleline only once

This feeling when you see your non-spammy listbuilding finally being rewarded mhmm 😇

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Milano said:

This feeling when you see your non-spammy listbuilding finally being rewarded mhmm 😇

I'd say in general this is a good change for SCE, the feeling is that we're already going towards a MSU army with the new stuff

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Realistically, how many units were going above minimum size anyway? And of them how many were going to max size?

Liberators in 30, Sequitors in 20, Evocators in 15, Desolators in 9 and Longstrikes in 12 is all I can think of. 

My 20 protectors 🤧

12 hours ago, jhamslam said:

New rule

Unit maximums gone

Non battleline only once

I know I've read this new rule about reinforcements but I can't remember where. I've had a look but can't pin it down. Do you remember where it was posted? Want to have a look at it again. Thanks. 

EDIT: Never mind, found it. 

Edited by lare2

29 minutes ago, lare2 said:

I know I've read this new rule about reinforcements but I can't remember where. I've had a look but can't pin it down. Do you remember where it was posted? Want to have a look at it again. Thanks. 

This is how I saw it shared

image.png.d6b7af246b291577ca6defd6c2ff93f6.png

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, jhamslam said:

New rule

Unit maximums gone

Non battleline only once

wasn't the general feeling that no one should be trying to spam a 30 block of liberators for Stormkeep anyway? Always seemed silly to me. Raptor thing hurts a little, though I think the new commands and such for shooting will make 3s and 6s viable.

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

wasn't the general feeling that no one should be trying to spam a 30 block of liberators for Stormkeep anyway? Always seemed silly to me. Raptor thing hurts a little, though I think the new commands and such for shooting will make 3s and 6s viable.

Yes, it didn't work, I mean, it's not very good (worked well enough for me at 1k points). I still loved getting to the table with 60+ models in a SCE army :D

2 hours ago, jeanfluflu said:

I was thinking about somethiing, with the new generic ability "all out attack" giving +1 to hit now what do you think is going to happen to our Lord celestant on foot?

Warscroll re write, remove the CA like with the Lord Imperetant. give him an  ability to use CA without CP once per turn and then some special ability with old non thunderstrike Stormcast

4 hours ago, armisael said:

What do you thing of new army forging? Will it effect to SCE much? What I can think of is that no more Longstrike x9

Besides anvilstrike and 30 liberator stormkeep lists, no. With more CP 2x6 longstrikes could be just as viable and i've personally never seen more than 15 libs on one table. My poor 30 Sequitors though :D

So now that the box warscrolls are out there, what do people think about the new battleline?

For reference Vindictors will have 2 wounds, 5" move, 3+ save and 7 bravery

2 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/1 damage

hit rolls of 6 cause 1 mw and attack sequence ends

They do clock in at 140 for 5 though, but as we know MW on hit is everything. I wonder though with Liberators and sequitors being bumped to a 3+ save if we will still see the cheapet batteline taken. Stormcast does not really favor these infantry blocks and really want to get a lot of utility and such... But they will look cool for sure at least.

The Imperatant at 160 will be an auto include in just about all stormcast armies, getting a free command and also 7" deep strike will be very important. Praetors being bodyguards if of course a big deal, transfer wounds on a 2-4 and outright ignore on 5+. Using them next to Yndrasta or a Prime seems to be interesting indeed, with 3 wounds and 3+ save they are fairly sturdy as well.

140 for the Vindictors seems solid for that 3+, MW, stat line and all the expected Thunderstrike synergy. I predict that rend is super important due to All out Defence and Their Finest Hour. With smaller board sizes and smaller units in general I think the extra points cost over Libs and Seqs is worthwhile.

For comparison vs 4+
sequitors 5

Libs 2 (lol)

vindictors 4

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

So now that the box warscrolls are out there, what do people think about the new battleline?

For reference Vindictors will have 2 wounds, 5" move, 3+ save and 7 bravery

2 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/1 damage

hit rolls of 6 cause 1 mw and attack sequence ends

They do clock in at 140 for 5 though, but as we know MW on hit is everything. I wonder though with Liberators and sequitors being bumped to a 3+ save if we will still see the cheapet batteline taken. Stormcast does not really favor these infantry blocks and really want to get a lot of utility and such... But they will look cool for sure at least.

The Imperatant at 160 will be an auto include in just about all stormcast armies, getting a free command and also 7" deep strike will be very important. Praetors being bodyguards if of course a big deal, transfer wounds on a 2-4 and outright ignore on 5+. Using them next to Yndrasta or a Prime seems to be interesting indeed, with 3 wounds and 3+ save they are fairly sturdy as well.

where did you find these informations?

For this price vindictors would be really great! i'm not at all into that "everyone gets MW" trend but i'm not writing the rules.
3+ save is just insane for a battleline, with the rewrite of "all out defense" battlelines casually walks the battlefield with a 2+ save.

But maybe this is a good thing i don't know.

My main criticism of AoS is that there's too much lethality, having better armor save will certainly helps but not if every unit in the game can do MW on a 5+ (MW on 6+ are fine but on 5+we're talking about something else, also maybe the orruks will get a "reroll hit rolls" with a spell, a new character...etc).

Anyway the powercreep is real and i'm really curious to see how everything plays together, there's already some nice counterplays to do and synergies built in the box for a fun time so i'm hyped a lot!

So does the orruks gets a 4+ save, 5+ maybe?

• Like 1