AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

33 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

looks like they heard your rant about Lords having the same wounds as a Human General

Although....hear me out, maybe the wound bump is only for those with Gryph hound lackeys.

5 wounds on the lord, +2 for the gryph?

this was my thought too... knight arcanum with 6 means that maybe the hound only adds 1 or has a bodyguard type trait? can soak a mw or 2 before being removed

3 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

The Knight-Arcanum's spell is just bad, it's just a worse version of Chain Lightning and when was the last time anyone cast that?

i really hope we get some decent + to cast

els this is going to be a nightmare

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

minimum squads for the shooters, or against Unleash Hell?

looking good for my new Judis at least... maybe I'll build 3 hurricane raptors instead of another 3 longstrikes

against unleash hell. Shooting units still encouraged to squad up

• Like 1

More mortals on hit and more ways to make the new Stormcast slower really has me wondering why the hell Stormcast didn't get any ranged in the new set. Not that we'd really need it, but does seem like this means we don't get a new ranged unit.

Hoping the new Vexillor isn't a once use or vindictors can get around pretty quick.

Edited by CommissarRotke

well new unit coherency will make screening harder than before.

When you combine that with the smaller tables and the global increase in teleportation spellsand abilities available on late battletomes i think it is fair that shooting units gets some punching done (speaking of regular archer here and not crazy nonsense like kharadron, flamers or salamanders).

19 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

More mortals on hit and more ways to make the new Stormcast slower really has me wondering why the hell Stormcast didn't get any ranged in the new set. Not that we'd really need it, but does seem like this means we don't get a new ranged unit.

Hoping the new Vexillor isn't a once use or vindictors can get around pretty quick.

Probably cus we have enough ranged options, and are now getting chariots .

Id be willing to bet money that Judicators are going to two shots a piece. 

Knight Judictor improves their hit rolls or rend. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Probably cus we have enough ranged options, and are now getting chariots .

Id be willing to bet money that Judicators are going to two shots a piece. 

Knight Judictor improves their hit rolls or rend. 

2 shots judicators, yes please!

I can totally imagine an ability where that dude can give the skybolt bows a D3+3 shot characteristic instead of D6 for example.
His two gryph-hounds will likely be part of hiw kit as well, maybe ignore the "look out sir" rule if one of these two good boys are within 6" of said target...etc

Edited by jeanfluflu

we'll see how it goes, these type of command abilities are always more powerful when they are used on a big blob rather than on a small unit.

Maybe there will be limitations for shooting units (max 10 per unit for example) same for raptors (max 6 per unit).

This is probably a good way to mitigate the power level of such army builds but we'll see how they went for this one.

Edited by jeanfluflu

1 hour ago, jeanfluflu said:

we'll see how it goes, these type of command abilities are always more powerful when they are used on a big blob rather than on a small unit.

Maybe there will be limitations for shooting units (max 10 per unit for example) same for raptors (max 6 per unit).

This is probably a good way to mitigate the power level of such army builds but we'll see how they went for this one.

That could be circumvented by generating/ recovering extra cp, though. That's what dominated early 8th ed 40k, the so called cp-farm. Whether that will be possible depends on 3rd ed rule set of course.

The changes to unit coherency make Dracoths a much more interesting option, since they can be run in a unit of 4 and not penalized like most other cavalry that come in multiples of 3.

Since Dracoths have a missile weapon, if you run a squad of 6 Dracoths you can still shoot with the back rank so it's not a total efficiency loss.

This also makes the Drakesworn Templar a more appealing unit since his value was always tied to Dracoth usage, and as a HERO and a MONSTER he doubly benefits from the new Heroic Actions and Monster Rampage rules.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Someone with more familiarity with demigryphs can squint at the cavalry on the left (with the banner) and tell them if they are indeed demigryphs or a new heavy version of gryph-chargers? :D

AoSDaily Crusades Jun9 Image2

image.png.74b809b67078217fe256b866c4fdb627.png

definitely demigryphs, look at the golden pattern on the front, the leg position of the rider and well as the sword.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to the rumour thread, models with >5 wounds count as 2 for scoring.

Dracoth and Dracoline meta? 

of course Palladors! With All out Attack they might be a good pick for 180. Wind run to the back line, javelins and pistols on 2s to hit.

Edited by PrimeElectrid