AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Can someone explain me the new allegiance, don’t matter how I understand it’s looks op to me. Do I roll a dice for each wound the enemy has? Or each wound my died model had?

do I roll 16 dice if stardrake dies? Or do I roll 16 dice if one liberator dies who fights against a stardrake? 😅😂

8 minutes ago, Juicy said:

i like these 7 wounds damage 2 profile. But sadly the gryphound is the loser. I also loved that solo gryphound screening the backfield

it has to be right next to the imperatant, but yeah gives its base a higher footprint for CA and screening

5 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Can someone explain me the new allegiance, don’t matter how I understand it’s looks op to me. Do I roll a dice for each wound the enemy has? Or each wound my died model had?

do I roll 16 dice if stardrake dies? Or do I roll 16 dice if one liberator dies who fights against a stardrake? 😅😂

you roll 16 dice for a stradrake

you remove models on your side, count the number of total wounds in those models, roll that many dice , 6s are Mortal wounds

57 minutes ago, PJetski said:

AoSFF Stormcast Jun7 Warscroll7" deep strike here we come

7 wounds!!!

big stonks indeed!!!!!!

We were speculating about annihilators previously and here it comes 7" deepstrike.
Not only it combo nicely with their native reroll charges but it also gives us more room to try and catch pesky heroes or backline units under that 10" bubble for MW.

I love him already and his FREE command ability is just "chef kiss".

He could have 0 attacks i'll play him anyway.

• Like 2

maybe the new coherence rules will also mean it's harder to screen off deepstriking?

EDIT: also, if I remember the AoSListLab leak correctly, the fleeing  charge reactions was not useable vs enemies charging from outside 9" so maybe it could be used vs the 7" deepstrike

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

He could have 0 attacks i'll play him anyway.

We dont even know the rest, but in the context we do know and also the current book, the army is big around deep strike and having access to a reliable source of +2 as needed is so huge. Command points will be a bit less hard to come by, so his free command is probably a bit less value than in a 2.0 context, but still universally useful. 

If he turns out to not be an auto include, that would only be because some truly crazy things turns up or he costs like 250 pts+

3 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

We dont even know the rest, but in the context we do know and also the current book, the army is big around deep strike and having access to a reliable source of +2 as needed is so huge. Command points will be a bit less hard to come by, so his free command is probably a bit less value than in a 2.0 context, but still universally useful. 

If he turns out to not be an auto include, that would only be because some truly crazy things turns up or he costs like 250 pts+

i dont think theyve ever costed a foot hero unless hes like Gotrek above 200. Archrgent comes to mind, but he can summon additional 200 pts for free.

This guy is gonna be like 140 or 160, Arcanum prices

Pessimistically, 200 like our mounted stuff

Edited by jhamslam

5 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

i dont think theyve ever costed a foot hero unless hes like Gotrek above 200. Archrgent comes to mind, but he can summon additional 200 pts for free.

This guy is gonna be like 140 or 160, Arcanum prices

Pessimistically, 200 like our mounted stuff

Yeah i can see something like 140, big characters like lord castellant (6 wounds with gryph hound, big in the lore...etc) already cost something like 120.
Thinking about the last batch of lumineth heroes like the scinarii loreseeker is arround 160 but is a mage unlike our friend here.

Edited by jeanfluflu

it is hilarious to me Retributors got thrown around a lot to compare with Annihilators and however long later GW comes along telling us they're the paladins who've won the most. Judicators are my favorite kit and they also got named!!!

Thunderstrike Brotherhood got a call out which again proves rework is coming without making anything obsolete :)

glad to have the hope of a rework proven right, I was worried but still had faith. bring on the defense of the realms!!

Wait, Thunderstrike Brotherhood still only has 3 Retributors... I have 6 of those guys. I wish I had more Paladins but they're just so damn expensive...

If that box is limited, will the models in it be regular models? Or push fit and will be recycled in a Start-Collecting-Box? How was it with the 40k box? Was there a follow-up normal starter box with 40k?

3 minutes ago, Fuxxx said:

Wait, Thunderstrike Brotherhood still only has 3 Retributors... I have 6 of those guys. I wish I had more Paladins but they're just so damn expensive...

If that box is limited, will the models in it be regular models? Or push fit and will be recycled in a Start-Collecting-Box? How was it with the 40k box? Was there a follow-up normal starter box with 40k?

Depends on the unit. The SPace marine side got new multipart kits for all the units. 

Necrons didnt

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

it is hilarious to me Retributors got thrown around a lot to compare with Annihilators and however long later GW comes along telling us they're the paladins who've won the most. Judicators are my favorite kit and they also got named!!!

Thunderstrike Brotherhood got a call out which again proves rework is coming without making anything obsolete :)

glad to have the hope of a rework proven right, I was worried but still had faith. bring on the defense of the realms!!

The mention of Retributors and Judicators was completely nonsensical because they didnt bother to specify and rule or point changes. It was like saying "yeah this unit plays a little different because the core rules changed" but that applies to every unit in the game so what's the point???

5 minutes ago, Fuxxx said:

it does but it seems there's enough extras floating around that it's not hard to get 2 more from trade groups. Haven't tried it myself yet since I want the Protectors even if they aren't the best choice

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

The mention of Retributors and Judicators was completely nonsensical because they didnt bother to specify and rule or point changes. It was like saying "yeah this unit plays a little different because the core rules changed" but that applies to every unit in the game so what's the point???

my guess is they picked 3 older units to show off as a "your stuff isn't obsolete!" to go with the Blaze of Glory reveal. I do wish they'd shown how the warscrolls changed--if they did. Judicators will have the buff from their new Knight at least, and a very nice gryph-hound screen

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Gryph-Hounds and Aetherwings have the STORMCAST ETERNALS keyword so they will trigger Blaze of Glory

I'm not sure why all our animal companions are suddenly so explosive

Only with the Thunderstrike Keyword sadly... guess Grungi needs to get off his lazy behind and forge some Doggobirds some shiny new armour. 

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Only with the Thunderstrike Keyword sadly... guess Grungi needs to get off his lazy behind and forge some Doggobirds some shiny new armour. 

All STORMCAST ETERNAL units trigger Blaze of Glory, THUNDERSTRIKE units get to roll an extra diceAoSFF Stormcast Jun7 Boxout5

Edited by PJetski
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

All STORMCAST ETERNAL units trigger Blaze of Glory, THUNDERSTRIKE units get to roll an extra dice

Well there goes my idea for a new hero model
Birdcast.jpg.a4d5d8c30b73667bba2d11a3e438d762.jpg
Although my Gryph-hound lord would still get the extra dice. 😁

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Please buy our old models that aren’t about to go obsolete imminently 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

Assuming wound allocation rules don't change, you can keep doing this as many times as you have Lord-Arcanums. Die > Blazing Glory + Martyrs Strength > Cycle > Allocate a wound > Die > etc.

...then heal up with Heroic Actions and Lifeswarm

Lord-Arcanum's warscroll may have changed--it's too early to know if these interactions will even exist.

2 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

But the 7 inch charge/drop is only for thunderstrike units, so why do they show us retributors ? Maybe all paladins get the thunderstrike keyword?

THUNDERSTRIKE is almost certainly reserved for the Newcast.

Presumably all STORMCAST ETERNAL units can use Scions of the Storm, but the THUNDERSTRIKE guys will be slightly better at deep strike charges because they need to make money selling new models

Doesn't usually matter if your shooting unit is >9" or >7"