AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

13 minutes ago, TheGrayKing said:

To everyone who thinks I'm being ridiculous when I say Annihilators will be 280 (which I know is high, but if I expect the value to be high then I'm pleasantly surprised when it's cheaper and if it's not, oh well). Here's why I believe they won't be valued around the 140 points area like many of you hope.

1. Games Workshop thinks SCE are busted.

2. The AOS community is very vocal about their disdain for SCE.

3. We're supposed to be an "elite" army, so GW will make sure we don't have anything cheap.

4. We're going into a new Edition, GW is going to hike points values to try and "rebalance" the game.

I think 280 is ridiculous and nearly impossible, I guess that their point will be around 180 per 3 models.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheGrayKing said:

To everyone who thinks I'm being ridiculous when I say Annihilators will be 280 (which I know is high, but if I expect the value to be high then I'm pleasantly surprised when it's cheaper and if it's not, oh well). Here's why I believe they won't be valued around the 140 points area like many of you hope.

1. Games Workshop thinks SCE are busted.

2. The AOS community is very vocal about their disdain for SCE.

3. We're supposed to be an "elite" army, so GW will make sure we don't have anything cheap.

4. We're going into a new Edition, GW is going to hike points values to try and "rebalance" the game.

If your predictions hold true, then my entire Stormcast collection will be on eBay in a few months time. You are correct that GW really seems to listen to all the whiners with some ridiculous hate-bon3r for SCE. It baffles me. 

I'm more optimistic than you are though lol. I think SCE will actually be a fun, viable army to play in 3rd edition. 

7 minutes ago, LordPrometheus said:

If your predictions hold true, then my entire Stormcast collection will be on eBay in a few months time. You are correct that GW really seems to listen to all the whiners with some ridiculous hate-bon3r for SCE. It baffles me. 

I'm more optimistic than you are though lol. I think SCE will actually be a fun, viable army to play in 3rd edition. 

I wish I had more faith in GW to not overprice our models, but I genuinely believe that Annihilators will cost somewhere between 210-280. And hey, if I'm wrong I'll be happy to be wrong.

well let's see what's in the box so maybe we can estimate what price these people would be:

Soul war was approximately a 1000pts army for each faction, i bet we can estimate the same price for these too.

We have 10 base line units (with the lances) = 200pts
3 heroes (the knight vexilor, the new hero and the knight arcanum) let's say its 100 and 120 for the knight arcanum= 320pts.
The supra wing angel with killing stats (this girl is supposed to be the equivalent of a celestant prime but i bet she'll be closer to eltharion in terms of power level) so let's say 200pts

It leaves us with 3 praetors and 3 annihilators to fill the rest of points (1000-720pts so 280 left).
I think it's realistic to expect these praetors to be 120pts for 3 and have the annihilators at 160pts for a grand total of 1000pts.

It is pure speculation but i'm having lots of fun, what do you guys think about this?

Edited by jeanfluflu

12 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

well let's see what's in the box so maybe we can estimate what price these people would be:

Soul war was approximately a 1000pts army for each faction, i bet we can estimate the same price for these too.

We have 10 base line units (with the lances) = 200pts
3 heroes (the knight vexilor, the new hero and the knight arcanum) let's say its 100 and 120 for the knight arcanum= 320pts.
The supra wing angel with killing stats (this girl is supposed to be the equivalent of a celestant prime but i bet she'll be closer to eltharion in terms of power level) so let's say 200pts

It leaves us with 3 praetors and 3 annihilators to fill the rest of points (1000-720pts so 280 left).
I think it's realistic to expect these praetors to be 120pts for 3 and have the annihilators at 160pts for a grand total of 1000pts.

It is pure speculation but i'm having lots of fun, what do you guys think about this?

Loving the speculation, but I would start from the assumption of a higher total points value (someone knows how many points per side were in the Indomitus box?)

I would put Yndrasta at 300pts and the vindictors at sequitor level (120pts per 5). Maybe a little bit more for the 3 heroes (the present vexillor is already 110 after all and this banner is bigger :D ), so around 350pts for them. As for the two elite units, I would go for 300 points combined for a total of 1190 pts

29 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Loving the speculation, but I would start from the assumption of a higher total points value (someone knows how many points per side were in the Indomitus box?)

The Space Marines half was exactly 1000 points and the Necrons half was 995 points

Wow that hero alone would make even the current book far more dangerous... Liking the sound of Retributors being the big winners, although I do not have all that much faith in the playtesters predictions... As they also mention coherency rules being important... well.. staying within 1" of 2 other models is also very possible in a simple line except for the very end of that line... not a big deal

1 minute ago, Scurvydog said:

Wow that hero alone would make even the current book far more dangerous... Liking the sound of Retributors being the big winners, although I do not have all that much faith in the playtesters predictions... As they also mention coherency rules being important... well.. staying within 1" of 2 other models is also very possible in a simple line except for the very end of that line... not a big deal

it works for us, since they want us to be elite again 5 model squads

4 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Yeah its hilarious.

Stardrake dies, roll 16 dice, fight when you die, resurrect it, then die again repeat

Assuming wound allocation rules don't change, you can keep doing this as many times as you have Lord-Arcanums. Die > Blazing Glory + Martyrs Strength > Cycle > Allocate a wound > Die > etc.

...then heal up with Heroic Actions and Lifeswarm

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

possibly, it is also another hint to the fact that only THUNDERSTRIKE units might retain scions

Im glad we re finally getting things that interact with our main ******, aka deepstrike

too many armies can teleport and us doing it didnt really feel special until now

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

7” deep strike, free command abilities, and new hero rules BIG STONKS LETS GO

In bad news it’s going to come down to keeping this guy alive through round 1 vs shooting etc

Who says you can’t take 2, he is not named..

• Like 2