AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Do you think we will see any informations about new stormcasts before the countdown ends? They leaked the models and normally some days after you get some warhammer community articles about it.. but this time nothing, maybe because they focus on sbg now.

Edited by Erdemo86

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

Do you think we will see any informations about new stormcasts before the countdown ends? They leaked the models and normally some days after you get some warhammer community articles about it.. but this time nothing, maybe because they focus on sbg now.

yea expect Soulblight until May 29th when the countdown ends :)

On 5/12/2021 at 9:09 AM, Erdemo86 said:

It was likes this now how long? 4years?

and it will stay like That, else why would say, that the new units have a more durable new armors if it would give the same save as old ones? I like your optimism but stay realistic. 

new armors, made from grungir himself, same save as old ones? No way

I have  a dejavu, same discussion as sacrosant released, and there they didn’t touched the old warscrolls too. GW wants us to buy new units and it’s buisnesswise the best for them.

All  stormcast armor is was made and designed by  Grungni, no mater what it looks like. It's all sigmerite.

Edited by xking
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, xking said:

I hope whoever did the soulblight and slaanesh battletomes, did not do the new stormcast battletome. 

Yea i hate how there are crealy two persons writing battletomes. Compare DoK one to Slaanesh.... Its disgusting. 

1 hour ago, Malchior said:

How likely is it that the lore will get more positive for the Stormcast Eternals? I do love them but they seem to get their teeth kicked in all the time. I'd hate to see them become a punching bag for other factions.

I think we already are AoSs Avatar of Khaine. Superpowerful in the lore, but only there to die to prove someone else is even more badass.

On 5/16/2021 at 11:53 AM, Malchior said:

How likely is it that the lore will get more positive for the Stormcast Eternals? I do love them but they seem to get their teeth kicked in all the time. I'd hate to see them become a punching bag for other factions.

Bad for stormcast,  since they are losing what made them unique, their immortality(mostly it seems), undermining the very concept of Stormcast Eternals.  But for the setting overall, things seem to be getting a little more positive, Sigmar has declared the Dawnbringer crusade and Alarielle is bringing about the rise of life in the mortal realms. 

10 hours ago, PJetski said:

I hope they do every battletome

Genuinely, why?

It's not even about power, that book, at least from a cursory look before investing in the army, looks like a complete PITA to work with.

Feels completely different to both my FEC and DoK lists which sort of just coalesce into loads of different interesting lists where Hedonites just doesn't...

49 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Because if every battletome was on this level game would be much more enjoyable... 

Yup this. I'm tired of a game where every army double taps shooting or fights first and fights twice or teleport charges or nukes you with +5 magic out of unbinding range.

Aos 3 needs some serious power slump to counter the hideous power creep from 2nd edition

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Genuinely, why?

It's not even about power, that book, at least from a cursory look before investing in the army, looks like a complete PITA to work with.

Feels completely different to both my FEC and DoK lists which sort of just coalesce into loads of different interesting lists where Hedonites just doesn't...

At least we got an 2+ save unit now.

1 hour ago, Nizrah said:

Because if every battletome was on this level game would be much more enjoyable... 

wait you are telling me that a battletome with close to 0 synergies with the warscrolls it is written for is good? 

Idoneth first battletome is basically slaaneah with one broken unit. You really want that kind of battletomes? 

seraphon battletome is probably one of the best designed tomes, their big lizzard or sauris factions are amazing and not OP. It is just the kroak and salamanders and one buff too many on skinks that make that one build obnoxious but other than that it is an amazingly well designed battle tome hindered by 2 warscrolls. (Which shouldnt be taken int consideration anyway) 

5 hours ago, Feii said:

seraphon battletome is probably one of the best designed tomes, their big lizzard or sauris factions are amazing and not OP. It is just the kroak and salamanders and one buff too many on skinks that make that one build obnoxious but other than that it is an amazingly well designed battle tome hindered by 2 warscrolls. (Which shouldnt be taken int consideration anyway) 

And by that sub allegiance giving out teleport like candies, and by access to boardwide unbind and mortal wounds (not just kroak), and by access to buffs with no risk of failure (priest and starpriest)...
Personally I find slaaanesh a bad book beyond its power level, but I quite like the soulblight one

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

And by that sub allegiance giving out teleport like candies, and by access to boardwide unbind and mortal wounds (not just kroak), and by access to buffs with no risk of failure (priest and starpriest)...
Personally I find slaaanesh a bad book beyond its power level, but I quite like the soulblight one

Yeah, from what ive seen i do enjoy thinkering lists for soulblight. Doenst seem that dramatisch for me. But then again i do like the slaves to darkness book also. And that book gets a lot of hate online aswell. 

For our book i just want to have decent synergie ( im at that low expectation level right now). If they remove battalions im hoping for more interesting stormhosts. And hopefully a bit of a differant stormkeep rules. Because that idea is awsome but would need some love. Not being able to move libbies is hurtfull.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Yeah, from what ive seen i do enjoy thinkering lists for soulblight. Doenst seem that dramatisch for me. But then again i do like the slaves to darkness book also. And that book gets a lot of hate online aswell. 

For our book i just want to have decent synergie ( im at that low expectation level right now). If they remove battalions im hoping for more interesting stormhosts. And hopefully a bit of a differant stormkeep rules. Because that idea is awsome but would need some love. Not being able to move libbies is hurtfull.

Yup, synergies are what makes creating lists interesting.

Making choices, knowing that you can't have it all...etc.

Stormkeep are great yes, not only from a gameplay point of view (another way to play the army, plz more!) but from a lore perspective as well.
I mean stormcasts are supposed to be the tip of the spear from the free people of the realms, defending humans, elves and duardin.

I hope they do not quit on this synergy with citites of sigmar (which would most likely disapear one day for new models and rules).

• Like 3

14 hours ago, xking said:

Bad for stormcast,  since they are losing what made them unique, their immortality(mostly it seems), undermining the very concept of Stormcast Eternals.  But for the setting overall, things seem to be getting a little more positive, Sigmar has declared the Dawnbringer crusade and Alarielle is bringing about the rise of life in the mortal realms. 

the designer interview made it sound like they're trying to be "more grimdark," whatever the hell that means, so I'm a little nervous Stormcast will lose more of their nobility and humanity towards mortals... hoping that we get the opposite but even 'nobledark' stuff gets slammed by people who don't understand good narratives need good people to remain interesting. I would love to see proper Light in the Darkness vibes from both Stormcast and at least COS.

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1

Hey all, had a question that’s a mix of lore and logic theorycraft. You have three Lord Celestants: classic on foot, on dracoth, and Gavriel (let’s assume he’s a generic Lord Celestant with alternate load out rather than named). They each lead a strike chamber of some generic, unnamed storm host but what type of strike chamber do you see them leading?

An alternative way of looking at the same question would be which of the available LC types do you see as the iconic or standard leader of each of the three strike chambers? I’m not concerned about gameplay/meta in this question but more about which seems like a more logical/natural fit for each.