AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I haven't tested the cleansing phalanx but a large unit of sequitors buffed with their save and rerollin everything are powerful. I would play the battalion with one max unit of sequitors and 6* dracolines and the minimum of the rest of the units. Buffing the sequitors with the 5man unit evos and the dracolines empower on themselves. You have two units with damage output. Heraldor definitely for the cats and LAoCD for pride leader and command ability. 

Also I would drop the templar and keep relictor for the prayer which the enemy have to reroll 6s and the healing ability.

Edited by Thanos-se

I’ve just come across some 3D printed models that are screaming ‘Stormcast counts-as’ for me. They’re the Artisan Guild Dragonguard.

so looking at getting some of those printed to run as a Stormcast army, what do people think of this list?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- General
- Stormbound Blade
Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (200)
- Stormstrike Glaive & Thundershield
Lord-Arcanum (150)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblades
- 1x Grandblades

Units
4 x Fulminators (440)
4 x Fulminators (440)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 99

The Dragonguard Complete - bundle.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I’ve just come across some 3D printed models that are screaming ‘Stormcast counts-as’ for me. They’re the Artisan Guild Dragonguard.

so looking at getting some of those printed to run as a Stormcast army, what do people think of this list?

Leaders
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- General
- Stormbound Blade
Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (200)
- Stormstrike Glaive & Thundershield
Lord-Arcanum (150)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblades
- 1x Grandblades

Units
4 x Fulminators (440)
4 x Fulminators (440)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 99

The Dragonguard Complete - bundle.jpg

That female dragonkin is something.

Guys, here's something I noticed when I looked at the warscrolls for Cursed City characters:

We're being upstaged!!!

We, meaning the SCE.

Seriously, have you seen Captain Emelda's stats? She's a mortal human... and yet, she has stats equal to a non-mounted Lord-Celestant. Who are supposed to be the leaders of elite, immortal and divine-powered fighting force.

This is wrong... 😵

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Thanos-se said:

If a stormcast unit is engaged in battle can a priest translocate them????

yes, the prayer doesn't mention any limitation about the target unit other than being wholly within 9" of the priest, so you can get out of combat through the prayer (and it's not a retreat so you can even charge afterwards)

18 hours ago, PiotrW said:

Guys, here's something I noticed when I looked at the warscrolls for Cursed City characters:

We're being upstaged!!!

We, meaning the SCE.

Seriously, have you seen Captain Emelda's stats? She's a mortal human... and yet, she has stats equal to a non-mounted Lord-Celestant. Who are supposed to be the leaders of elite, immortal and divine-powered fighting force.

This is wrong... 😵

mostly, it's wrong for poor Emelda, it must suck for you warscroll to be modeled upon a leader who's never ever picked (unless you're forced to) even in a generally weak battletome :D

Edited by Marcvs

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Oh boy can't wait for a battalion that lets me ignore Battleshock and a command trait for +1 to move characteristic

Excited about Gardus though

Seriously the SCE creative design space is filled with the dumbest, laziest ideas ever.

"cant think of something"

"just give them a sixth Battleshock pass ability"

On 4/10/2021 at 2:14 PM, PiotrW said:

We're being upstaged!!!

We, meaning the SCE.

This is wrong... 😵

Bro, a freeguild guard is more efficient than a unit of 5 liberators. No wonder people are turning to Chaos :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, jhamslam said:

Bro, a freeguild guard is more efficient than a unit of 5 liberators. No wonder people are turning to Chaos :)

And here I thought the SCE were supposed to be this awesome army of awesomeness! 😵

*takes a hammer and trashes his SCE collection*

• Like 1

LEADERS

Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (210)

Knight-Incantor (120)

Lord-Relictor (100)

UNITS

3 x Evocators on Dracolines (260)

6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)

5 x Liberators (90) - Warhammer & Shield

TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 122

What do you think? Can this be a viable list???

4 minutes ago, Thanos-se said:

LEADERS

Knight-Incantor (120)

Lord-Relictor (100)

UNITS

Sure you like cats.

Uhm not much playable, put in an heraldor and another Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline remove relictor and 3xdracolines, think that's better.

Actually I was looking a battle report of Ironjawz and he played the same numbers of pigs. So I thought "hey we have the cats".  I played 6 cats the other day and I lost a charge of 6 twice in a row, I rolled 5 (for God's sake). I had left heraldor out of the list in the last minute so I said never again. Also I would like your opinion on something else. I buffed the cats with castellant for the plus one save but I think it is better to buff something with reroll like sequitors. I was engaged in combat with sequitors and cats but the sequitors brought more saves due to the reroll than the cats even if they had the +1 to save.

31 minutes ago, Thanos-se said:

LEADERS

Knight-Incantor (120)

Lord-Relictor (100)

UNITS

Too many Dracolines. Even if you somehow get them all in melee (huge bases, no room for 15 in combat) there's no way you will keep them all in range of the Lord-Arcanum for his buff effects. Your opponent will just put cheap disposable screens at the front, absorb your charge, and then counterattack to kill your expensive fragile thundercats. Many armies can fight first and kill you before you have a chance to attack.

Stormcast need a mix of range and shooting. If you have shooting units you can kill those cheap screens before charging in with the cats.

Drop 9 of the Dracolines to add some shooting (Judicators, Ballista, Longstrikes) and consider support heroes like the Azyros and Heraldor.

Edited by PJetski

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Too many Dracolines. Even if you somehow get them all in melee (huge bases, no room for 15 in combat) there's no way you will keep them all in range of the Lord-Arcanum for his buff effects. Your opponent will just put cheap disposable screens at the front, absorb your charge, and then counterattack to kill your expensive fragile thundercats. Many armies can fight first and kill you before you have a chance to attack.

Stormcast need a mix of range and shooting. If you have shooting units you can kill those cheap screens before charging in with the cats.

Drop 9 of the Dracolines to add some shooting (Judicators, Ballista, Longstrikes) and consider support heroes like the Azyros and Heraldor.

I agree with that, I had just a though. Regarding the shooting from my experience, the ballistas are better for more cheap units but VR longstrikes better for snipping. I will come in more details. Ballistas vs ardboys, vulkite bersekers nad ironjawz pigs came out badass, they cleared the units (with the rapid fire only NOT single shot) in 2 turns. Ballistas vs hearthguard bersekers were a total lost. So I though it may be better to get the Longstrikes. Around turn 3 the heroes were away from 3" of Look out sir but still far awar for the rapid fire so I think the Longstrikew would be better (I will try it in next game).  

Also in previous posts I supported a lot the sequitors in big blocks like 15 or 20. Now I am sure it is better. The 7 or 9 greatmaces have a high output damage. You need the shields to take out the slain models from the enemy attack or just for more bodies and rerolls at the save. I played against fyreslayers and the opponent had 2*20 HG bersekers. With castellant and the prayer the opponent had to reroll his 6s (MW) and I saved a lot of attacks.

Quick question for those with more knowledge: the new Gardus model, when he's wearing his mask can he pass as a normal Lord Celestant? I'm more of an Anvils kinda guy and I can't tell if there's any specific Hallowed Knight iconography on it. Thanks in advance.