AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

10 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Perhaps, but how does it compare to other artillery in the same points range? Its a good troop clearer. It also gets an aetherquartz boost
Their lord regent i think can give the ballistas Mortal wounds.

He s a 150 point guy with -1 to hit natively and a spell that gives d3 LRL things Mortal wounds on 5s.

yeah and there's also a ballista battalion from what I see, don't know what it does though. So, they might get better, their warscroll is not great (how do you clear tropps with 2  damage per shooting phase?). Still, I am very curious about the twins, since you can take them in any order army

11 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

yeah and there's also a ballista battalion from what I see, don't know what it does though. So, they might get better, their warscroll is not great (how do you clear tropps with 2  damage per shooting phase?). Still, I am very curious about the twins, since you can take them in any order army

I dont think average damage is a very good indicator of things to happens, plus they can meth boost themselves for re rolls and use cp

As for the twins

8 wounds 3+ save

4 attacks 2+ 3+ -2  damage equal to BR

2a 3 3 -1 d3 damage

2a 3 3 -1 1 damage

+1 to casting dispelling

4+ cp

MWs in a 12 inch line (we know this)

Wizard - 2 casts 2 unbinds

Unique Spell - 5 up FNP , casting value 6

Edited by jhamslam

33 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

New lumineth Ballista is ....something

100 points 

2 attacks 3+ 3+ -2 d3 damage - 30 inch range

+1 attack if it didnt move

5Ws, 5+ save, 6 up FNP

+1 to hit if a friendly hero is within 24 of an enemy and within 24 of a ballista 

On the bright side, ally these in with the ordinator seems good. We can get 4 of these

It's comparable to the Celestar Ballista

Both are rend-2, both wound on 3+.

D3 damage is worse than D6 hits per shot. LRL ballista has a slight edge at 30" (3 shots at 2+/D3 vs 1 shot at 3+D6) but the Celestar will do more within 18" and it can deep strike into play.

Celestar has a slight edge in survivability too. 7w/4+ save (with double cover bonus) is better than a 5w/5+ save/6+ ignore.

I like that it's a single base instead of having crew akwardly dangle around it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jhamslam said:

I dont think average damage is a very good indicator of things to happens, plus they can meth boost themselves for re rolls and use cp

As for the twins

8 wounds 3+ save

2a 3 3 -1 d3 damage

2a 3 3 -1 1 damage

+1 to casting dispelling

4+ cp

Unique Spell - 5 up FNP 

yeah I've seen that, but
a) I have also seen a wierd rule about healing / removing from play which I don't understand

b) I don't know if that 5+ FNP is for themselves only / LUMINETH only / friendly (and that's a big diffrence)

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

yeah I've seen that, but
a) I have also seen a wierd rule about healing / removing from play which I don't understand

b) I don't know if that 5+ FNP is for themselves only / LUMINETH only / friendly (and that's a big diffrence)

The rule i think is you can remove from the battlefield and have it pop up near a board edge or something 9 inches away

If you cant physically do that, then theyre removed from play doesnt count as slain

Edited by jhamslam
  • Like 1

Im hoping they gives us a special teleport thing with scions, like more attacks or a buff. if not a closer distance period.LRL have a subfaction with an artifact that once per game teleports a unit 3 inches away

Im actually excited to see what all we can ally in . Twins and the new Loreseeker (it has objective secured, no really) perhaps

Edited by jhamslam
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

LRL have a subfaction with an artifact that once per game teleports a unit 3 inches away

OHHH COME ON just when we were this close to a standardised 9" away teleportation distance across the board. LRL are really the army of footnotes

3 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

OHHH COME ON just when we were this close to a standardised 9" away teleportation distance across the board. LRL are really the army of footnotes

Their Loreseeker deploys anywhere on the map more than 3 inches , not 9 away from enemies. If he deploys on an objective it is objective secured until you kill him.

Hes good at damage, comes with a 4 up save and if hes more than 9 away from you hes a 3 up save

Edited by jhamslam

16 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Where are you guys getting these rules from? Because some of what I'm reading here sounds pretty sketchy.

personally, from the discord of AoS coach, but I believe they have also been shared in the Lumineth Facebook group of Cinderfall Gaming. In any case, we'll see if they were sketchy in more or less a day, once stuff starts to be up in NZ

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jhamslam said:

As for the twins

8 wounds 3+ save

2a 3 3 -1 d3 damage

2a 3 3 -1 1 damage

+1 to casting dispelling

4+ cp

Unique Spell - 5 up FNP , casting value 6

I really like the look of the Loremaster and Twins, so I'm down for them being great allied heroes tbh

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I'm of the mind that I'd rather spit lightning than shoot bolts and arrows.  Who has a winning Stardrake and Dracoth army list?  Maybe someday Dracoths can be battleline if the Stardrake is general.  Seems appropriate and extremis to the max!

I would really love that, provided that rules improve a bit for both :D that being said, hop over to the starcast thread, there's a few lists with dracothian guard and stardrakes over there!

• Like 1

Pje

7 hours ago, PJetski said:

It's comparable to the Celestar Ballista

Both are rend-2, both wound on 3+.

D3 damage is worse than D6 hits per shot. LRL ballista has a slight edge at 30" (3 shots at 2+/D3 vs 1 shot at 3+D6) but the Celestar will do more within 18" and it can deep strike into play.

Celestar has a slight edge in survivability too. 7w/4+ save (with double cover bonus) is better than a 5w/5+ save/6+ ignore.

I like that it's a single base instead of having crew akwardly dangle around it.

Slight think to note is

1 Bladelords unit are battleline if you have a corresponding Scinari in your army 

This is an interesting direction

we may yet see Prosecutors and Dracoths open up as battleline in the future based on similar lines

34 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

we may yet see Prosecutors and Dracoths open up as battleline in the future based on similar line.

I sure hope so! Just a few more battleline options that are easier or more intuitive to have access to  would make a world of difference for the faction. Despite having one of the largest ranges in the game, our builds can feel surprisingly restrictive.

Edited by OkayestDM

3 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Battalion for balistas give them +1 attack so they shoot 4 attacks each....

Its ducking annoying for LRL GET EVERY SINGLE TRICK IN A GAME EXCEPT SUMMONING (YET)... 

No pushbacks on the second point but if you start adding the battalion to the equation you should compare with the ballistas + ordinator and again, the LRL would outperform at long range and ours at 18"

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Battalion for balistas give them +1 attack so they shoot 4 attacks each....

Its ducking annoying for LRL GET EVERY SINGLE TRICK IN A GAME EXCEPT SUMMONING (YET)... 

you can ally in ballistas and they work with Lord Ordinator. 

5 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Compare this:
image.png.891a3eb263e99c7497d934dd105d8e9a.png

To knight venator... X D X D X D

This is ridiculous. You vs the guy she told you not to worry about... 

Yes, my italian finally useful!! XD

(this guy is 300 points, so it's more him vs the celestant prime, the battle of the "normal size miniature on top of swirling thing")

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Compare this:
image.png.891a3eb263e99c7497d934dd105d8e9a.png

To knight venator... X D X D X D

This is ridiculous. You vs the guy she told you not to worry about... 

Point cost?
We  need to wait our battletome, of course this is new with new releases and mybe 3rd ed. in mind, I'm pretty sure we'll have our glory....with a bit of hope hahaha.

Edited by baiardo

3 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Yes, my italian finally useful!! XD

(this guy is 300 points, so it's more him vs the celestant prime, the battle of the "normal size miniature on top of swirling thing")

haha me too bro!💚🤍❤️

Edited by baiardo
  • Like 1