AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I was hoping so bad for a Devoted of Sigmar army with Flaggelants, other faithful and Sigmar Priests and Witch Hunters as Generals. Would have liked to include some Witch Hunters in my army. But oh well, I'm painting my Lord Veritant, it's something...

On 1/23/2021 at 10:30 AM, PJetski said:

I doubt it's future proofing... Campaign books are usually obsoleted by new editions.

Sure but what i mean is that particular ability to have Stormkeeps could see a lot of combos with CAs changing.

DoK is getting a new tome, theyre prolly gonna nerf Hag Narr and change all the aura abilities or atleast the ranges to be wholly within

Rip staunch runelord my gosh. Felt good playing it while i could.

But damn dissapointed about waiting the whole month and hyped up with these meta watch stuff only to see no point changes. 

25 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Im gonna write to them asking wtf is the point of COS in Stormcast if they cant be affected by anything. 

Like ok 2 battleshock immune abilities? yay?

This 100% 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Q: Can Cities of Sigmar units in a Stormkeep army benefit from subfaction command abilities such as ‘Heroes of Another Age’ from the Anvils of the Heldenhammer Stormhost?
A: No.

lmao SCE can’t have nice things 

This was always correct RAW, the FAQ did not change anything

1 hour ago, jhamslam said:

No points changes, and they FAQed the COS general @PJetski was talking about.

Talk about Fun Police for the stormcast. cant have anythinng good apparently

I'm disappointed but not surprised

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

This was always correct RAW, the FAQ did not change anything

I'm disappointed but not surprised

Yeah imma shelve my SCE and go play OBR and daughters for a bit. Dont feel like playing the one drop that seems like the best bet for now

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, Thanos-se said:

Hello. Due to being new to Warhammer. Staunch defender is applied when in a  BR I play second? During opponent's turn I can't charge neither way. So if tye opponent attacks do I have the buff?? OR it does apply only during my turn if i haven't charged???

The condition to apply the +1 to save is "that STORMCAST ETERNAL unit has not made a charge move in the same turn". So yes, you always have it in the opponent's turn (as you correctly concluded: you can't charge in that turn)

Does anyone else feel a little...i don't know...depressed or even betrayed a little by the state of stormcast currently?  I mean, they in no way match the fluff, and it honestly feels sometimes like GW is purposely keeping them bad to appease stormcast haters.  It just feels bad you know?  I know that every army has it's ups and downs, and I know that other armies are bad too, etc. The thing is, it seems almost vindictive sometimes when it comes to stormcast.  Maybe I'm imagining it though, I don't know.  Sorry to ramble, and I'm honestly not trying to come off overly negative.

• Like 3

I don’t think it’s vindictive. I think when the last book came out, the new units were interesting to use and decently middle of the road compared to what was out at the time. I think in the years in between, we saw incredible army creep happen, where every new book changed the meta and pushed them further down.

The army plays and feels old now. Other armies run circles around them. They need a massive update and rework. Who knows if we’ll get it.

I do feel a bit sad playing my sce these days and yes I am ready for an infusion of new rules to get me excited to play them again.

1 hour ago, Celestantpants said:

Does anyone else feel a little...i don't know...depressed or even betrayed a little by the state of stormcast currently?  I mean, they in no way match the fluff, and it honestly feels sometimes like GW is purposely keeping them bad to appease stormcast haters.  It just feels bad you know?  I know that every army has it's ups and downs, and I know that other armies are bad too, etc. The thing is, it seems almost vindictive sometimes when it comes to stormcast.  Maybe I'm imagining it though, I don't know.  Sorry to ramble, and I'm honestly not trying to come off overly negative.

I feel the same. 

But rejoice guys, i have news that new stormcast rules are coming with aos 3.0 around July. And my sources are telling me that they are juicy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nizrah said:

I feel the same. 

But rejoice guys, i have news that new stormcast rules are coming with aos 3.0 around July. And my sources are telling me that they are juicy. 

If it's true, that'll be awesome. I just want my Stormy bois to be good again. Not OP, not the best thing ever. Just good and solid.