AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 9/1/2020 at 3:05 AM, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

You have also posted another list that allegedly took 2nd place in a swedish tourney. And those are indeed interesting results. Is there a way I can see the missions, tourney terrain rules and the matchups for those tournaments? Thank you.

Here you can see all:

The realms and missions was set for the tournament.

http://www.ecksen.com/eto/#/details/359

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Milano said:

What placement did he/she do?

Final results were 3-2, and finishing in 9th amongst 32 players.

3 wins were against Tzeentch, Orruk Warclans(Ironfist warscroll battalion) and Ogor Mawtribes with......4 stonehorns! 2 losses however were against Seraphon list with combination of kroak and 12 salamanders, and then Ossiarchs with Katakros  and double mortek Crawler.

So the result was largely in line with what others have pointed out earlier - Anvilstrike lists performing ace against melee-oriented army, and being decimated by latest armies with good shooting. In this case, 12 salamanders and double mortek crawlers would fit the category.

As for the tournament itself, I like the selection of missions. Focal Points does reward armies with good behemoth heavily, but the rest of the missions do not reward or punish armies with specific elements or battle traits as much. So no Better Parts of Valour or Total Commitment for the stormcasts at least.

While total absence of some of the more recent battletomes like Kharadron Overlords, or the past powerhouse factions like FEC, Hedonites and Skaventide is unexpected, the results and the mission composition of the tournament do give us some food for thought.

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 7:17 PM, feadair said:

In addition to the Canadian and Swedish second-place results, SCE lists also came third and fourth in Call to Arms in New Zealand a few weeks ago https://tabletop.to/age-of-sigmar-call-to-arms-2020

I was the 4th place and I’ve played the 3rd place player quite a few times now. He’s currently running the 1 drop vanguard anvils army. He definitely has a chance to win every tournament he goes to, but he gets tough matchups every now and then. In the latest tournament, he lost to the same list I did - a teleporting 1-drop KO list with an insane amount of shooting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archibald said:

Hello guys,

can you activate Vandus command ability multiple times? 
It sounds too good to be true.🤪

You can, but he dies really easily and the range is very limiting. I’ve messed  around with it quite a bit over the past year trying to find an effective combo and it’s really hard. He needs to be paired with a fast unit like more dracoths or cats or a unit near a knight heraldor.

4 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

You can, but he dies really easily and the range is very limiting. I’ve messed  around with it quite a bit over the past year trying to find an effective combo and it’s really hard. He needs to be paired with a fast unit like more dracoths or cats or a unit near a knight heraldor.

I was thinking about using him wirh skyborne slayers.

Run him up first turn (10+D6 movement) and then let the rest come down from the heavens.

In my heads this sounds fantastic and looks even better.

We normaly play 1k5 points on 48x48 inch boards. So the smaller board plays into my strategy.

57 minutes ago, Archibald said:

I was thinking about using him wirh skyborne slayers.

Run him up first turn (10+D6 movement) and then let the rest come down from the heavens.

In my heads this sounds fantastic and looks even better.

We normaly play 1k5 points on 48x48 inch boards. So the smaller board plays into my strategy.

super hard to pull of cause with vandus you need to be wholly within 12 inch at the start of the combat fase. With skyborne slayers you be hitting flanks most likely and skyborne slayers have protectors.. The use of +1 attack is not that great on them. Ive tryed it a lot of times with CV and its just 6 attacks extra. Not worth the hassle

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 12:30 AM, Mark Williams said:

I was the 4th place and I’ve played the 3rd place player quite a few times now. He’s currently running the 1 drop vanguard anvils army. He definitely has a chance to win every tournament he goes to, but he gets tough matchups every now and then. In the latest tournament, he lost to the same list I did - a teleporting 1-drop KO list with an insane amount of shooting.

Where can I see the list he played?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Naem said:

Do you guys still have the Celestant Prime available in your local shops? I am looking for one but every store and also every online retailer including GW seems to be out of stock. Does anyone have an idea where I could get the model?

This is the normal reproduction Cycle i guess. Just wait a few weeks and it should be available again.;)

On 9/16/2020 at 12:19 AM, feadair said:

This list won Lords of the Realms in Australia last weekend. I have never played it or against it. How does it work?

The auxilliary chamber adds one shooting attack to all your non hero units.

The other battallions are required to take this.

This is a force multiplier on your Vanguard Raptors w Longstrike as it doubles their shooting capability.

Combined with the  anvil of Heldenhammer subfaction that lets you shoot or fight in the hero phase you re now multipling the raptors output by 4

From 1 shot ea in the shooting phase bormally to 2 shots in hero phase and 2 shots in the shooting phase.

The list is also very mobile with teleport abilities for most of your units from the lord aquilor command ability to move out of the way and/or steal an objective. It has no melee nor magic threat nor defenses but excel in the movement and the shooting phases

• Like 1