AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 8/25/2020 at 1:07 AM, Nizrah said:

Like what is the point of SCE with 4+ sv, only 2 attacks, and huge 40 mm base when witch aelf can have 4 attacks with full rerolls, 4+ sv, 5+ ward with reroll and 25 mm base?? 

4 attacks -> 2 blades +hero in 8" range (100 point support)
4 save (in combat only, not ranged) on WE = 1 blade + buckler with blood shield (18") from 290 or 330 model.

(cant be both, let's say it's second one*)

5+ ward is from general CA in Hagg Nar, 7" range
ward reroll is from prayer from a 100 point, 5w, 5s model. Prayer hits on 3 (66%). 
So, minimum of 390 support on 120 line. (510)
---
Liberator Prime
3 attacks, 4+/3+/-1/2. 4+
Lets support him with 120 point hero in small range and staunch defender. 3+ (to pay for HaggNarr and extra attack*)
Lets support him with a lantern (0, same hero*). 2+ and heals (reroll prayers)

because we still have points for that 290 pt of Blood Shield...
Lets drop 270 more points of support on this... in form of 150 lord arcanum, now 1 wound can be negated
120... meh add 100pt relictor for prayer, lets say divine light and we have....

2+ that heals on 6ses, negates 1 wound* per round, rerolls saves of 1, opponent rerolls 6s against it and this support still has 1 spell and 1 prayer left. Let's say 2x -1 to hit (Lightning Storm and Thunderclap or whatnot) .

Against WE "prime" 3x 2+/4+/-/1. 4+. 5++ that has 1 prayer left from support (Classic explosive 6's seem weak now that you must reroll them).

;)

Default WE without support is 2 or 3 attacks at 3+/4+/-/1, 6+ save, 6+ ward. No rerolls. How does this look against rend -1 shooting? Extremely well. Hint.

While I agree liberators are weak and outdated, we can't go compare them to probably the most glass cannon unit in AoS, the WE's.
Any shootcast player will tell you that DoK is balanced game, even easy with nice shooting castle.

Now Liberators vs Chaos Warriors, that's better comparison.
CW get 5+ ward and I don't know what their marks do. But hey have one nice solution that SCE liberators need... Halberds with 2" range.

To "patch" liberators at their points. I would just add weapon option to them (Spear, 2"/4/4/-/1) and give them 6+ ward on their shield's. Sell weapon upgrade pack...

20191128_071029.jpg.aff5be77e16b415965e4677dd93608c8.jpg

image.png.ab8e57361b77e2cd90d87a62265f2d99.png

I mean, just look at him! (also has a cape, because he's cooler that way) 😛

Edited by Sapca
added pic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Comparing it again to witch elves, that seems more than enough fabric for a ward save ;) 

If WE's have ward save due their faith (under their Allegiance)  and SCE don't... does that mean that SCE boys don't believe enough in Sigmar? 🤔

And yes, I'm sure that cape is at-least -1 to be hit with shooting if not ward save. 😛

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sapca said:

If WE's have ward save due their faith (under their Allegiance)  and SCE don't... does that mean that SCE boys don't believe enough in Sigmar? 🤔

And yes, I'm sure that cape is at-least -1 to be hit with shooting if not ward save. 😛

Yeah I know.. but I couldn’t figure out how to fit that into the joke 😂

• Haha 1

I dig focused fire, and anything goes in my circle of mates, so I'm giving this a go next game:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Lord-Relictor (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Prayer: Translocation
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Knight-Azyros (100)
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate
Knight-Incantor (120)
- Spell: Stormcaller
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
3 x Aetherwings (40)
10 x Shadow Warriors (110)
- Allies
- Allies
- Allies
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 330 / 400
Wounds: 144

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

this list came second in a 32 player swedish tourney snugly between change host and a chaos hero soup player

its the classic but updated

incantor

general deathly aura stormcaller

relictor

azyros

Heraldor

battleline

judicator

bows

judicator

bows

judicator

bows

other

10 evocators 

- speed of lightning

9 longstrikes

4 units of aetherwings

Extra cp

Edited by Bozly

1 hour ago, frostfire said:

I think the main idea of Anvilstrike is still solid even before the point drop. With good play and matches it can potentially reach the podium.

Anvilstrike is still oppressively strong against any melee army, but it gets checked by Seraphon, Tzeentch, and KO. 

It was great in the 2019 meta which was dominated by melee armies but in 2020 there are loads of shooting/magic armies that can kill your Longstrikes and/or Evocators before they can do significant damage.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I wholeheartedly agree with PJetski. I would also include ossiarch bonereapers(with 1~2 mortek crawlers) and lumineth realm lords to the list of factions that severely punishes Anvilstrike.

Even when used against melee-oriented armies, I rarely felt Anvilstrike had overwhelming advantage.

Melee factions with powerful and mobile (battleline) monsters, summoning, movement tricks can give a headache to already slow and small sized Anvilstrike lists. 

And now the meta is even more hostile against Anvilstrikes. Starcast lists seem to be using Kroak as crutch, and even then rarely hear them going 5-0, 4-1, or even 3-2 as often as many other factions. 

Unless we are comparing SCE to nighthaunt or sylvaneth that is.

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis
  • Like 1

Seems the point drops were huge variant anvil strikes showing up everywher. Another 32 man tourney

Kroak

Azyros

Vexillor

Aquillor

troops

Lib x 3

10 evocators Blades

9 longstrikes

no birds

endless spells 
Cogs and Suffocating grave tide

core is the same it came second snugly between a fyreslayer and a older school skaven stormfiend vortex list. Shockingly ahead of standard KO 

it seems our boys in gold are doing better than predictions

3 hours ago, Bozly said:

Seems the point drops were huge variant anvil strikes showing up everywher. Another 32 man tourney

Kroak

Azyros

Vexillor

Aquillor

troops

Lib x 3

10 evocators Blades

9 longstrikes

no birds

endless spells 
Cogs and Suffocating grave tide

core is the same it came second snugly between a fyreslayer and a older school skaven stormfiend vortex list. Shockingly ahead of standard KO 

it seems our boys in gold are doing better than predictions

You have also posted another list that allegedly took 2nd place in a swedish tourney. And those are indeed interesting results. Is there a way I can see the missions, tourney terrain rules and the matchups for those tournaments? Thank you.

4 hours ago, jhamslam said:

Gav bombs may be back with 20 evocators. With shooting on the rise. Petrifex nerfed, slaanesh also shot down by shooting armies. Only problem is hearthguard and i dont quite know why they let that army slide, its the dumbest subfaction (Hermdar) ever

How do Hedonites and Flesh Courts perform in competitive games nowadays?

Despite the past nerfs, I felt they still had solid advantage in from of "Always Strikes First" and summoning, particularly the Syll’eskan Host for Hedonites. If there are fewer players using those factions, then I agree Gavriel list might show its value again.

That, and the presence of Total Commitment would also dictate the popularity of Gavriel lists. I wish TOs could ban this mission.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

That, and the presence of Total Commitment would also dictate the popularity of Gavriel lists. I wish TOs could ban this mission.

This. Or, at least, I wish Total Commitment would also invalidate post-deployment telportations/fly high and so on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

How do Hedonites and Flesh Courts perform in competitive games nowadays?

Despite the past nerfs, I felt they still had solid advantage in from of "Always Strikes First" and summoning, particularly the Syll’eskan Host for Hedonites. If there are fewer players using those factions, then I agree Gavriel list might show its value again.

FEC cant always strike first anymore, only on the charge.

Syll’eskan Host is gone.

Edited by jhamslam

3 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

FEC cant always strike first anymore, only on the charge.

Syll’eskan Host is gone.

I am also aware of the FEC nerf. The ability to take always strikes first on mobile monster which durability and mobility can be boosted by magic(run and charge for example) still seems plenty strong to me. But I haven't played against FEC for a long time, so I might be flawed.

As for Syll’eskan Host, is it forbidden to use in matched play games? I recall the WD rules having points for them. My memory might be wrong though.

6 hours ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

I am also aware of the FEC nerf. The ability to take always strikes first on mobile monster which durability and mobility can be boosted by magic(run and charge for example) still seems plenty strong to me. But I haven't played against FEC for a long time, so I might be flawed.

As for Syll’eskan Host, is it forbidden to use in matched play games? I recall the WD rules having points for them. My memory might be wrong though.

Run a knight incantor to stop the 5+ vitality spell. Yeah the host got nuked by the latest GHB