AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

28 minutes ago, FattBooM666 said:

Thoughts ideas about sentinels in our army? 

Ditch the evocators, ditch the liberators and take wardens instead, that wil lturn your sentinels into battlelines too.
You'll have mroe bodies and more able battlelines, you might be able to take more sentinels too.

38 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Ditch the evocators, ditch the liberators and take wardens instead, that wil lturn your sentinels into battlelines too.
You'll have mroe bodies and more able battlelines, you might be able to take more sentinels too.

How 400pts allies 

This is not lumineth thread. 😋

Edited by FattBooM666

2 minutes ago, Maturin said:

If you're playing Grand alliance order then they're not allies. I thought that's what you wanted to do.

I am under the impression SCE can ally in ANY ORDER units.

Lumineth can only ally in IDK.

And ORDER is ORDER.

Edited by FattBooM666

Just now, FattBooM666 said:

I am under the impression SCE can ally in ANY ORDER units.

Lumineth can only ally in IDK.

Indeed. What I was saying is : I thought you wanted to do a GA : Order list using SCE and LRL. I want to do one using Teclis, and  that would be the only way to go.

15 hours ago, PJetski said:

If your army isn't very strong then it's a good time to work through your backlog of models you would never use in a matched play game

IMG_20200719_172758.jpg

Is that edge highlight or drybrush for the black?

If its the former you mad son :D

Well now that petrifex is nerfed, we dont have to worry about Castellant buffed 60 wounds of sequitors , also known as Mortek Guard 😁

Well not as much, theyre still strong, but atleast -1 rend will mean something. which means our melee gets slightly better, with Hearthguard being the big problem.

As for Slaanesh, still a strong army, but their Locus and Summoning BS wins over the course of many GTs has clearly caught the attention Nerf Maraz

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 3:02 PM, Requizen said:

Yes I have. Turn 1 changes but it's not dead. You either Translocate into range with the Relictor, which is fairly reliable

And if this is too unreliable for you, you can always take a lord aquilor instead of the relictor. It’s 70pts more and it costs a CP but then there is no chance of failing anymore. And he’s more survivable in the age of d3 mw slinging across the board. 

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

And if this is too unreliable for you, you can always take a lord aquilor instead of the relictor. It’s 70pts more and it costs a CP but then there is no chance of failing anymore. And he’s more survivable in the age of d3 mw slinging across the board. 

Warhammer: Age of d3 across the board. Has nice ring to it.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Kramer said:

But the Lord Aquilor moves the unit in the movement phase not hero phase so its not a substitute for relictor at all.

And its 120(not 70) points more for this ability since you have to buy another cp to be able to shoot double aswell.

Edited by Naprapaten
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Naprapaten said:

But the Lord Aquilor moves the unit in the movement phase not hero phase so its not a substitute for relictor at all.

And its 120(not 70) points more for this ability since you have to buy another cp to be able to shoot double aswell.

Oh that's true. Just thought I mention an alternative. 

Edited by Kramer

Thinking about new possibilities have you guys tried stuff with sequitors and evocators.

I played a bit arround the warscroll builder and got some lists for fun.
This one i'll try against one of my friend next week.

Sequitors are our most reliable battleline, with the correct buffs and enough MW support i thought using something like this.
i really want to try dracolines with celestial vindicators buffs, the CA and the celestial blades it's starting to look really nice.

With a lord acrnaum on dracolines results are even more impressive but i don't have the model yet.

Have some of you tried them?

sacrosanctumchamber (2).pdf

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

Thinking about new possibilities have you guys tried stuff with sequitors and evocators.

I played a bit arround the warscroll builder and got some lists for fun.
This one i'll try against one of my friend next week.

Sequitors are our most reliable battleline, with the correct buffs and enough MW support i thought using something like this.
i really want to try dracolines with celestial vindicators buffs, the CA and the celestial blades it's starting to look really nice.

With a lord acrnaum on dracolines results are even more impressive but i don't have the model yet.

Have some of you tried them?

sacrosanctumchamber (2).pdf 5.73 MB · 3 downloads

You might want to check out the Dracoline thread, most of what is in there wasn't touched by the recent changes, we might just get more toys.

i saw it already thanks.

the big divide seems to be on the number of dracolines (6 seemed to get the upper hand though) for the rest this unit looks like it has insane punch power packed into some of the best models we have at our disposal.

I'll read the thread again though to see if there's things i can inspire myself from :).

Playing around with the Anvil of Apotheosis, I came up with something dumb:

knight__002dranger-ullran.jpg.7e095831550317c01d3c7604697238dc.jpg

40 DP, or 400 points. That's steep for a 7 wound foot Hero, even if he is on a 3+ ignoring Rend.

BUT CONSIDER:

5 shots at Rend-2 Damage 4. He's a Priest, so he can take Translocation. He adds 1 to his prayer rolls, so now Translocation goes off on a 2+, and he gives himself a 6+ shrug.

Make your Stormhost Anvils of the Heldenhammer.

Now you have a Hero who is teleporting around, using the Anvils CA on himself to fire of 10 face-melting attacks per turn. That's something like 20-24 damage per turn against 4+ units, more against 5+ or worse, more if you get rerolls from an Azyros. 

You might say "Requizen, you're out of your sleep-deprived mind, he's still 400 points."

And you would be right. But consider this: It's ****ing cool.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Requizen said:

Playing around with the Anvil of Apotheosis, I came up with something dumb:

knight__002dranger-ullran.jpg.7e095831550317c01d3c7604697238dc.jpg

40 DP, or 400 points. That's steep for a 7 wound foot Hero, even if he is on a 3+ ignoring Rend.

BUT CONSIDER:

5 shots at Rend-2 Damage 4. He's a Priest, so he can take Translocation. He adds 1 to his prayer rolls, so now Translocation goes off on a 2+, and he gives himself a 6+ shrug.

Make your Stormhost Anvils of the Heldenhammer.

Now you have a Hero who is teleporting around, using the Anvils CA on himself to fire of 10 face-melting attacks per turn. That's something like 20-24 damage per turn against 4+ units, more against 5+ or worse, more if you get rerolls from an Azyros. 

You might say "Requizen, you're out of your sleep-deprived mind, he's still 400 points."

And you would be right. But consider this: It's ****ing cool.

That’s how chaos wins you know? Breaking the anvil of apotheosis. 

would be an amazing end boss in a campaign though. Maniacally zapping everything, teleporting around, until that one turn he rolls a 1 or 2 and you just need to strike then. 

1 hour ago, rosa said:

So, let's all post and discuss new all-comers lists with the new point adjustments.

How would a new allrounder list look like?

My first crack at an updated Anvilstrike

image.png.19fbe98f39b586c3943163831221bb07.png

Upgraded my Hurricane Raptor unit to more Longstrikes (for more sniping), added a unit of Birds, upgraded one Lib unit to a Judi unit since they basically just sit on objectives anyways. It's the most straightforward use of the points I could think of, but feels fairly solid overall.

• Thanks 1