AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Didn't see that. Added thanks. Is there the option for D2 on exploding dice ?

if you mean something like "6s to hit give +1 damage" there is a modifier for that (unmodified rolls of {} for {characteristic} result in a bonus of 1 to {bonusToCharacteristic})

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

if you mean something like "6s to hit give +1 damage" there is a modifier for that (unmodified rolls of {} for {characteristic} result in a bonus of 1 to {bonusToCharacteristic})

Merci mon ami, honhonhon :

• Haha 1

i think you can glue them without capes but the back of the armor has some weird volumes that you might need to cover with a bit of sculpting work.

Also capes have half the support for the shoulder pads, maybe you'll have problems trying to glue the soulder pads without it.

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

I forgot to ask this in my previous post: has anyone seen the Vanguard Hunters without capes on? is it possible to build them that way? I hear Palladors are fine to build without the capes on, does it also work with the Hunter sprue?

Yeah works and that save you some very annoying fitting of shoulder pads. 
but you might need to fill up little holes where it would fit. 
just glued a pallador together and they definitely have it. And I seem to remember the hunters having that as well 

11 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Yeah works and that save you some very annoying fitting of shoulder pads. 
but you might need to fill up little holes where it would fit. 
just glued a pallador together and they definitely have it. And I seem to remember the hunters having that as well 

so the Palladors with no cape have a hole where that cape would come below the shoulderpad? would you mind taking a picture of it?

6 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

so the Palladors with no cape have a hole where that cape would come below the shoulderpad? would you mind taking a picture of it?

This one has the smallest divots. And hard to show as I painted them black. But on the right shoulder. 
3AF7EEE9-B901-4390-914C-1C29A0970FC5.jpeg.cba7cb24e6685e40c428ec2bc6eff82e.jpeg

But you can see it on the sprue picture as well. These are where the front of the cloak is attached. 
05A84A5F-0DEE-4B2C-8525-5F1D62772116.jpeg.84decb075327a0c0fb50629e619edd59.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

oof, is this also true of the Vanguard Chamber SC?

I will update you as soon as I start with it.

Regaring the Cape, it works with the hunters, but as mentioned by @Kramer you "need" to fill some gaps on the back then. And the shoulderplates would also need a new gluing point I think, but that should be easy doable with a blob of greenstuff.

I am also not happy about the cape, I finally wanted to try the airbrush with gold on them, and now the cape is in my "way" .

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

@schwabbele @Kramer thank you both! i've been holding off on getting green stuff since I have a lot more ETB stuff than regular kits. But I guess now is the time to get some

Just realised, I need to get my remaining hunters out for this months tale of X warlords soon. If it helps I can already do so tonight and take some pictures if you want to see some specifics. 

25 minutes ago, Milano said:

3 more Raptors to go. Soon the Auxillary Vanguard Chamber is ready for battle! I know it’s probably not the big deal, but hell I‘m excited 😆 

DB83438A-3F59-4C9F-91C8-4F58CFFFAC78.jpeg

This is looking excellent, painting job looks really clean and detailled and your bases are perfect!!!!!

• Like 1

@Milano I can't react any more today but WOW that is so cool to see the full Vanguard Chamber on display 😍

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Just realised, I need to get my remaining hunters out for this months tale of X warlords soon. If it helps I can already do so tonight and take some pictures if you want to see some specifics. 

that would be great! the Hunter cloaks are more "in the way" than Palladors, and I'm itching to paint some Stormbois sans cloth/fur, without adding Liberators to my grey pile.

I didn't see this posted before but here's a complete list of the points changes from https://ageofminiatures.com/points-changes/

units AND battalions!

(under spoiler for length)

Spoiler
  • Liberators: -10 (now 90/480)
  • Astreia Solbright: -20 (now 200)
  • Aventis Firestrike Magister of Hammerhal: -40 (now 300)
  • Celestant Prime : -40 (now 300)
  • Errant-Questor: -10 (now 130)
  • Knight-Incantor: -20 (now 120)
  • Knight-Venator: -10 (now 110)
  • Knight-Vexillor: -10 (now 110)
  • Lord-Aquilor: -10 (now 170)
  • Lord-Arcanum: -10 (now 150)
  • Lord Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline: -10 (now 210)
  • Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger: -20 (now 200)
  • Lord Arcanum on Tauralon: -40 (now 280)
  • Lord-Celestant on Dracoth: -20 (now 200)
  • Lord-Exorcist: -30 (now 90)
  • Lord-Veritant: -10 (now 110)
  • Neave Blacktalon: -10 (now 110)
  • Vandus Hammerhand: -20 (now 260)
  • Aetherwings: -10 (now 40)
  • Castigators: -10 (now 70)
  • Concussors: -20 (now 220)
  • Decimators: -10 (now 170)
  • Desolators: -10 (now 190)
  • Evocators: -10 (now 210)
  • Fulminators: -20 (now 220)
  • Gryph Hounds: -20 (now 120)
  • Judicators: -20 (now 140)
  • Protectors: -10 (now 170)
  • Retributors: -10 (now 190)
  • Sequitors: -10 (now 120)
  • Tempestors: -10 (now 190)
  • Vanguard-Hunters: -10 (now 100)
  • Vanguard-Palladors: -10 (now 170)

Stormcast Eternals Battalions points changes

• Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber: -10 (now 130)
  • Vanguard Angelos Conclave: -10 (now 150)
  • Warrior Brotherhood: -10 (now 170)
  • Thunderhead Brotherhood: -10 (now 150)
  • Thunderwave Echelon: +20 (now 120)
  • Lords of the Storm: -10 (now 130)
  • Drakesworn Temple: -10 (now 130)
  • Skyborne Slayers: -10 (now 180)
Stormcast Eternals Endless Spells points changes
  • Celestial Vortex: -10 (now 30)

Edited by CommissarRotke
copied 2019 by mistake, updated to 2020
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I didn't see this posted before but here's a complete list of the points changes from https://ageofminiatures.com/points-changes/

(under spoiler for length)

Hide contents
  • Celestar Ballista: +10 (now 110)
  • Aventis Firestrike, Magister of Hammerhal:-20  (now 340)
  • Gavriel Sureheart: +20 (now 120)
  • Lord-Aquilor: -20 (now 180)
  • Lord-Arcanum: -20 (now 160)
  • Lord-Arcanum on Tauralon: -20 (now 320)
  • Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline: -20 (now 220)
  • Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger: -20 (now 220)
  • Lord-Castellant: +20 (now 120)
  • Lord-Exorcist: -20 (now 120)
  • Concussors: -20 (now 240)
  • Decimators: -20 (now 180)
  • Desolators: -20 (now 200)
  • Evocators: +20 (now 220)
  • Prosecutors: -10 (now 90)
  • Protectors: -20 (now 180)
  • Retributors: -20 (now 200)
  • Sequitors: +10 (now 130/440)
  • Tempestors: -20 (now 200)
  • Varanguard-Hunters: -10 (now 110)
  • Varanguard-Palladors: -20 (now 180)
  • Varanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows: +30 (now 170)
  • Varanguard Auxiliary Chamber Battallion: -20 (now 140)
  • Dais Arcanum Endless Spells: -10 (now 30)

It's either an old one or a fake one. We've had pictures of the GHB 2020 lying around and those numbers do not fit the pictures taken.

• Sad 1

Thanks guys 😄 I really appreciate your comments! Means a lot to me

1 hour ago, schwabbele said:

They look so great i would love a bigger picture.Could you by chance upload a bigger picture?

Tried to, but the pic upload here always minimizes the quality. Here is a close up of Neave instead. Jumping on her pray. One of my favorite models ever. A pity her battalion isn‘t valid anymore 😭 

A4584584-1FA2-4A22-ACD3-BC1816AA9F8E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:
6 hours ago, Kramer said:

that would be great! the Hunter cloaks are more "in the way" than Palladors, and I'm itching to paint some Stormbois sans cloth/fur, without adding Liberators to my grey pile.

This is on all of them. It’s not as bad as it requires no details when you fill it up. 
C6B90FE3-5C48-4696-9F20-2988AABA3034.jpeg.09e358f7aaf64fc8f6bd8152ffa73f2e.jpeg7E07EBB8-03CB-457C-B0FB-D32CCB5B23A9.jpeg.380a1aee47a7133d71bc549ea5f9b342.jpeg

11 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

@Kramer thank you so much! by "no details" you mean, detailing the greenstuff being used to fill in the holes?

wondering if simply clipping off the cloak but leaving the pauldron part would eliminate the need for greenstuff...

1. Yeah, excactly. No muscles to sculpt etc. Can just be a flat surface. 

2. Yeah that would work. Wouldn’t cover the holes on the shoulder blades. But would help fit the shoulderplates. Definitely. 

• LOVE IT! 1

How should we upgrade the classic Anvilstrike list after GHB 2020? Given the points changes, even our best lists have become significantly cheaper. Anvilstrike, as developed in particular by  @PJetski, has probably been our most consistent performer, in particular getting recently into the top 8 of LVO 2020 in the hands of @jhamslam. The cost of the LVO list has decreased so that we now have 120 points to play with, as you can see below. How should we spend it, assuming we wish to upgrade a list that already works rather than building a new list?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Leaders
Knight-Incantor (140) – to 120
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura
- Spell: Thundershock
- Spell: Celestial Blades
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Knight-Azyros (100)
- Artefact: Soulthief
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
Battleline
5 x Liberators (100) – to 90
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
Units
10 x Evocators (440) – to 420
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
3 x Aetherwings (50) – to 40
3 x Aetherwings (50) -to 40
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Total: 1990 / 2000 – to 1880

My own first instinct would simply be to add Everblaze Comet, which costs 100 points. This would give us another tool against lists that try to beat us at range. It also makes the Incantors into more significant threats. Our spell-list is unimpressive (apart from the Geminids), but the Comet would help to compensate for that.  On the downside, if the Incantors are killed or cannot cast, we have wasted 100 points.

Views?

14 minutes ago, feadair said:

How should we upgrade the classic Anvilstrike list after GHB 2020? Given the points changes, even our best lists have become significantly cheaper. Anvilstrike, as developed in particular by  @PJetski, has probably been our most consistent performer, in particular getting recently into the top 8 of LVO 2020 in the hands of @jhamslam. The cost of the LVO list has decreased so that we now have 120 points to play with, as you can see below. How should we spend it, assuming we wish to upgrade a list that already works rather than building a new list?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Leaders
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura
- Spell: Thundershock
- Spell: Celestial Blades
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Knight-Azyros (100)
- Artefact: Soulthief
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
Battleline
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandblades
Units
10 x Evocators (440) – to 420
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
3 x Aetherwings (50) – to 40
3 x Aetherwings (50) -to 40
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Total: 1990 / 2000 – to 1880

My own first instinct would simply be to add Everblaze Comet, which costs 100 points. This would give us another tool against lists that try to beat us at range. It also makes the Incantors into more significant threats. Our spell-list is unimpressive (apart from the Geminids), but the Comet would help to compensate for that.  On the downside, if the Incantors are killed or cannot cast, we have wasted 100 points.

Views?

Im not a fan of the comet. With Seraphon being so good at casting and dispelling, not to mention LRL and Tzeentch, it doest do too much for a 100. I was thinking about cutting the Gems and going to 12 longstrikes tbh.

In particular i dont think Anvilstrike will be as powerful as before Simply put, Anvilstrike is great cus all people were doing is either building 20 Hearthguard blocks, 20 Mortek Guard blocks or putting all their points into Keeper of Secrets, or Terrorgheists or big melee units.  Basically investing in hard hitting melee blocks that could be screened and disassembled alongside their support heroes.

Tzeentch, Seraphon and LRL change that equation by a lot. Not only do these armies excel at magic and shooting, its like they were purposefully designed to create a negative play experience for any army with low wound model count (thats us) that cant protect its heroes with bodyguards (Immortis Guard, Saurus Guard and the like). With Slaans doing 2d3 MWs worth of damage and teleporting salamanders, Tzeentch doing MWs and teleporting Flamers, and LRL archer blocks doing MWs at 30 inch range, we ll get to shoot one thing and then theyll decimate our evocator/ raptor core. 

Its a lot like Magic the Gathering, Midrange decks like FEC and Slaanesh ruled the roost, so we built a control list to counter them (Anvilstrike) or they got countered by other Midrange (hearthguard Fyreslayers) Now that Tzeentch, Seraphon and LRL look to be uncontested in the control deck play, since most factions lack the number of unbinds much less the ability to avoid MWs or unbind/cast at +2 + 3 etc......Aggro lists may make a comeback. Gavriel Sureheart in particular.

@PJetski @Requizen thoughts?

Edited by jhamslam
  • Like 3