AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

10 minutes ago, Mikosan said:

As Kramer mentioned a lot of those 5-6 wound support pieces are going to be dead turn 2.

What list were you playing before ?
I used to play Skyborne Slayers with either Celestant or AZyros taking the Sword of Judgement or a Starcast revisitation of mine. Both were potent, I also played once Anvil Strike against an Ironjaw at 1500 points, my aetherwings blocked the charge of his gore gruntas, that was not fun for him.
It's not really an indication of my level, but I won last year's AOS contest in my GW (over 6 or 7 games). The only time I faced a heavy MW generating army, it was against the IJ player so I'm biased. First time was with anvilstrike, It was really easy for me but I gave him the win because I once activated the longstrikes with my general out of range, and the second time, I totally ran over him with a COS list.
He rand directly into my bunker, didn't focus the 20 PG, so his MAx Krusha and 6 gore guntas were dead T1. HE couldn't get to my heroes because of the PG bunker.

I've yet to face DoK, KO, LRL (obviously) or anything strong shooting wise.

Edited by Maturin

5 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I think what I'm mainly getting when I play against some of the tougher list matchups, is a feeling of stretching every bit of fibre of a faction - squeezing juice till there's no juice left - just to play on equal terms. That is, for me, kind of fun. I earn nearly all victories I have (even with a B.S. support hero elimination list like Starcast :P) because if I mistakes victory turns quickly to defeat.

Talking about that Stormwinged thingy, I did it once against my local GW and he wasn't happy about it AT ALL. :D.
So I said to myself "meeeh I can win without it".

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Talking about that Stormwinged thingy, I did it once against my local GW and he wasn't happy about it AT ALL. :D.
So I said to myself "meeeh I can win without it".

haha, i have somewhat the same experience with doing starcast stuff last year. I did run 2 stardrakes cause i thought it would be fun to starcast everything to dead with double rains. But after 2 tournaments tabling a lot of fights i felt a bit hollow cause the mechanic was so boring to play with. its almost as easy as sit back and kill al the hero's turn 1/2 and mop up the rest of the army. No i know that in the new meta things arent so easy and i make it sound it was tournament winning and it was not but it still felt super boring after a few games. I rebuild my army to be the underdog skyborne slayers and having less wins but a lot more fun. And im  getting really good at the game making tactical calls or playing for the middle tables. 

5 hours ago, Turragor said:

I've played them in almost every tournament I want to enjoy because they stretch the brain so much - plus I'm a slow painter :D   

Were you the one who put up the Stardrake + Prime Time list on The Honest Wargamer last year? If so, thank you!

Rob streamed a game with that list, and it was love at first sight. Played variations on the theme from Sep 2019-Feb 2020. So much fun. 

Edited by scrubyandwells
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Were you the one who put up the Stardrake + Prime Time list on The Honest Wargamer last year? If so, thank you!

Rob streamed a game with that list, and it was love at first sight. Played variations on the theme from Sep 2019-Feb 2020. So much fun. 

Yeah I played against Eels and Gotrek and I would have had a better chance if I hadnt made 2 silly decisions which was against my own strat when I set up :P - under pressure at the streaming table :D

My opponent was a great player too.

I think the most fun I had during the game was when I took out his Akhelian King with the prime. It was a "you can't target him to shoot him!" moment countered by "Well I'm targetting the ground beside him here actually". We played competitive but understanding which I love!  No hard feelings, no double checking the opponents measurements for charges/ deepstrike blocking etc

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Yeah I played against Eels and Gotrek and I would have had a better chance if I hadnt made 2 silly decisions which was against my own strat when I set up :P - under pressure at the streaming table :D

My opponent was a great player too.

I think the most fun I had during the game was when I took out his Akhelian King with the prime. It was a "you can't target him to shoot him!" moment countered by "Well I'm targetting the ground beside him here actually". We played competitive but understanding which I love!  No hard feelings, no double checking the opponents measurements for charges/ deepstrike blocking etc

Yeah I remember that moment re: Prime taking out the Akhelian King. You were 100% right on the rule: he's just picking a visible point to rain down a comet. If an Akhelian King happens to be by that point...well...sucks to be him. :)

Edited by scrubyandwells

On 6/26/2018 at 4:50 PM, The Wanderer said:

So I don't get it, unless I'm missing something Solbright is literally just a Lord-Arcanum with a different spell for 20pts cheaper.

Firestrike doesn't look worth the cost at all. Plus the Tauralon face is weird.

Soulblight has the autocast command ability, while the arcanum has the +1 to hit if i recall correctly, its a big difference in how you play

While firestrike suffer the same problem of the other named heroes, all of them has to be used in hammers of sigmar (go figure)

Aventis gets an extra attack, returns wounds in melee on a 5+ and heals a wound a turn. I'd argue that' worth 20pts. Also it's the only way to get both a tauralon and a foot Arcanum out of the box, if i'm not mistaken ^^

• Like 1

It looks like I will soon be the proud owner of two stardrakes due to my imminent ever advancing age checkpoint, so I'm looking into lists that allow me to field both on the table. I've come up with this, but I'd appreciate feedback from you more experienced generals to tell me if this could work or if I'm way off course here.

Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500) general
Drakesworn Templar (420)
3x5 Liberators (270)
Lord-Castellant (120)
Knight-Incantor (120)
6x Desolators (570)

This would be 2000 points on the nose. I'm including the Incantor in there for some minimal protection against spells, but perhaps that's too little to matter and a Knight-Heraldor for the run-and-charge on the Desolators would be more useful.

• LOVE IT! 1

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

Leaders
Gavriel Sureheart (120)
Knight-Azyros (100)
- General
- Ward aura
- Artifact: Enemy missile hit reroll 6
Lord-Ordinator (140)
- HoS artifact

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
5 x Sequitors (120)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (120)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
10 x Evocators (420)
5 x Evocators (210)

Artillery
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Battalions
Cleansing Phalanx (120)
Extra CP - 50
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 131

This looks nice now! 15 Evocators shielded with ward and hit aura. Big scary charge and ballistas to kill things. Have to test this.

4 hours ago, Memnoch said:

It looks like I will soon be the proud owner of two stardrakes due to my imminent ever advancing age checkpoint, so I'm looking into lists that allow me to field both on the table. I've come up with this, but I'd appreciate feedback from you more experienced generals to tell me if this could work or if I'm way off course here.

Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500) general
Drakesworn Templar (420)
3x5 Liberators (270)
Lord-Castellant (120)
Knight-Incantor (120)
6x Desolators (570)

This would be 2000 points on the nose. I'm including the Incantor in there for some minimal protection against spells, but perhaps that's too little to matter and a Knight-Heraldor for the run-and-charge on the Desolators would be more useful.

Go to Starcast thread. You'll have all the replies over there.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Battalion lol

yeah but the battalion is doing nothing for you (being meant to buff sequitors, of which you have two min-size units + the evos are going in the sky and drop somewhere far away...). You could swap 2x5 sequitors for 1x3 castigators, go hailstorm battery (still does nothing but ends up being cheaper) and save some points for additional support heroes or the fourth ballista

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

yeah but the battalion is doing nothing for you (being meant to buff sequitors, of which you have two min-size units + the evos are going in the sky and drop somewhere far away...). You could swap 2x5 sequitors for 1x3 castigators, go hailstorm battery (still does nothing but ends up being cheaper) and save some points for additional support heroes or the fourth ballista

The point is good but i like having more bodies on the board and CP im able to deploy more unit from the sky 😜

I threw some dices yesterday and today. To my great surprise a blob of judicators with "Bless weapons" prayer on, is quite powerful.

This is all before rerolls or modificators, so hit on 3+. 11 series thrown.

16 regular shots + 4 shockbolt bow (3 hit on 3s, one hits on 2s) :

26 hits 6 of them being D2
34 hits 14 of them being D2
22 hits  8 of them being D2
23          8
33          10
26          4
31          10
19          7
21          2
15          6
26          8
24          8

2 hours ago, Nizrah said:

The point is good but i like having more bodies on the board and CP im able to deploy more unit from the sky 😜

sure, but you could have at least the same number of units with hailstorm battery and:

-castigators
-aetherwings
-130 points left

(although probably not enough to have 14 units and 4 ballistas + LO + gavriel + evos in the sky)