AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

9 minutes ago, Borsuk said:

@Maturin, can you suggest some list for 1500 points, cuz I also usually play in  this format? Thanks! 

Skyborne Slayers can be fun, the fact that you're going to drop everything at 5" of them makes people do some weir stuff, like when you say you've got the Prime in reserves :D. Azyros with sword of judgement, celestant using 2/3 times his CP : Swords does MW on 5;4 or 3s :D

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Command Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
- Mount Trait: Storm-winged
Lord-Castellant (120)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Celestant-Prime (340)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1400 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 55

Feel free to add those last 100 points or not. 10 Skinks, 2*3 Aetherwings (my mvps), Freeguild guards, a 90 points battlemage, you name it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Borsuk said:

@Maturin i was reading that thread, lot's of fun. This list doesn't look so impossible. Thanks. 

What are advantages of celestant on dragon vs Templar? Is the command ability worth the points? 

I play lists almost identical to the one posted, sometimes doing 4 concussors (they do better when damaged and 6 to hit disabled pile ins which can be huge). and then using the 100 pts for a comet which adds to the MW sniping potential.

The command ability is rather poor on the celestant, in comparison the bow of the templar can provide +1 hit buff to dracothian guards if he can hit with the darn thing (my 3+ rolls seem to be much harder!), that is also +hit with their breath weapons, 4-6 shots with 3+ dealing d3 MW can be quite something to pepper a target with before charging in.

The main draw of the celestant is his shield I think, it might not sound like much, but he will draw a LOT of attention and fire and that reroll 1s to save will make a huge difference, it also reflects mortal wounds when you reroll those 1s succesfully and with a castellant and staunch you could be looking at +2 to save rolls and reroll 1s, and that will increase his surviveability exponentially. It is not that much but the guy himself also hits harder and even better on the charge, every point of damage counts.

The big thing with stardrakes to be aware of, is that most of their damage outside of the star rain is the stormwinged trait. Especially less experienced players will probably complain a lot if you use this trait to the optimal effect, potentially clipping bases in the move phases, charges phase and also when piling in. Remember piling in just says end as close as before, so you can lift it up, move 1" over the enemy, move back" and land the exact same spot. 

The starcast thread has a lot explanation that proves exactly why all that is legal, due to the ability being a move and not a "normal move" and nothing stops you as a flyer to move over and back instead of just straight lines to stuff.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

HOLY MACARONI :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/03/the-generals-handbook-2020-building-your-heroes/

The hero generator, the anvil of apotheosis!!!

It will ALSO be available for MATCHED PLAY

"* Please note – this is a suggested house rule rather than an official ruling so if you don’t want to use custom heroes in your games, that’s fine too! "

Edited by Maturin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Borsuk said:

Yeah, please do that. Palladors could be conditional battleline with aquilor as general. I always dreamed about having big cavalry, lead by aquilor. That would be neat. 

Ooh and dracoline with dracoline pretty please! Would make it easier to get to two units in 2k without forcing you to take 3x5 cheap battleline just to meet the minimum and stay within 2k. 

• Like 1

@Maturin ow, i love skyborne slayers. It is great battalion. Thanks for suggestions.

Can you guys suggest any good 1500 list against tzeentch. Friend have bunch of horrors and flamers accompanied by Lord of change. You know, fun stuff. I was thinking about skyborne battalion accompanied by celestant prime, but then I have no magic defence. Do you think there is a point in trying to protect against tzeentch magic? My experience is that when tzeentch wants to cast something sooner or later it is cast. Moreover I struggle to get behind horrors. Until I manage to get past them I burn in inferno and I am ready for anvil of apotheosis. I might not be the best general, but my only army that have any chances with tzeentch are KO or broken petrifiex elite.

12 minutes ago, Borsuk said:

@Maturin ow, i love skyborne slayers. It is great battalion. Thanks for suggestions.

Can you guys suggest any good 1500 list against tzeentch. Friend have bunch of horrors and flamers accompanied by Lord of change. You know, fun stuff. I was thinking about skyborne battalion accompanied by celestant prime, but then I have no magic defence.

It's no big deal if you killed his LoC T1 :D . Skyborne will soon be nerfed to oblivion because of the artifacts change. So you either can play AnvilStrike, Shooty list with 4 balistas + Lordinator or Starcast. For Starcast, you know where to look :)

• Like 1

Just now, Maturin said:

It's no big deal if you killed his LoC T1 :D . Skyborne will soon be nerfed to oblivion because of the artifacts change. So you either can play AnvilStrike, Shooty list with 4 balistas + Lordinator or Starcast. For Starcast, you know where to look :)

What about anvilstrike + 4 balostas :D

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Yondaime said:

Yeah, basically all units have a 10pt discount

Wow much balance

Liberators are still useless at 90

Yeah, no big changes. Anyone has a guess as to the meaning of the little symbol on the left of some units? (In fact, most SCE units)

For my current favourite list I save 130 points:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)
- Celestine Hammer
Lord-Castellant (120)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Celestant-Prime (340)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
4 x Concussors (480)
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 85

Although I have no idea what to spend those on, I will then have 150 to spare. Considering a lord relictor and switching some libs to judicators or something.

@Maturin @Nizrah thanks! Disabling LoC is always my priority, unfortunately it’s so much easier with KO. I was hoping there are some viable strategies outside of anvilstrike and starcast. I’d love to shoot his treacherous *** back to the warp, but I’m afraid I don’t have enough balistas and longstrikes. I hope, that with some point changes I might add some hammer-power. I guess, that without new tome we really have only two viable strategies.

Mildly disappointed to be honest. They could tweak some things like max units without touching the warscrolls, or drop the battalion costs a bit more. 

Also seems likely to be some typos, such as sequitors not having a max unit discount this time round. 

Many of us have dreamed of this day... :)

Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (130)
- Lord Aquilor (170)
- Knight Azyros (100)
- Knight Venator (110)
- Knight Venator (110)
Vanguard Angelos Conclave (150)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Palladors (170)
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)
- Vanguard Longstrikes (170)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)

1990/2000 | 1 drop | 3CP | Anvils

Edited by scrubyandwells
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

55 minutes ago, scrubyandwells said:

- Lord Aquilor (170)
- Knight Azyros (100)
- Knight Venator (110)
- Knight Venator (110)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)

If you use Anvils you have enough CP to make all 3 units of Longstrikes shoot twice in the first turn. Thats potentially 36 shots in a single round, which would take a normal 1x9 anvils list two rounds.

Very interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

Had the same thought yesterday! Fasten your seatbelts, Vanguard Chamber is entering the ring 😉 Finally

Edited by Milano
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, scrubyandwells said:

- Lord Aquilor (170)
- Knight Azyros (100)
- Knight Venator (110)
- Knight Venator (110)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Vanguard Hunters (100)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)
- Aetherwings (40)

As a Vanguard fan, I like it. Having played it in 2500 pint lists I know it is jut obnoxious.

• Like 1