AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

i like the skyborne slayers but thinking decimators will kill 30 wardens aint going to hapen very easy. since Teclis going to buff them to a good save and our -1 rend probly going to do nothing. With our big bases we getting 5/6 decimators in but we just doing 3/3/-/1 damage attacks then. Thast not going to kill a lot. On paper our horde killers are doing better then on the field.

6 hours ago, Hamartia said:

Is there a preferred loadout at the moment for Dracothian Guard? I really like the models but dont know which loadout is best (if any currently).

spears -> hammers  -> axes in small units

Axes -> hammers -> spears in large units

At least in my opinion. Hammers are like the neutral middle of the road option, but spears and axes are better depending on the size of the unit.

I tend to run MSU units with spears personally, but there's a part of me that wouldn't mind experimenting with a big charging axe unit.

• Like 1

Biggest bonus for Desolators is they're the cheapest points wise, getting you more table presence/ wounds to tank with. Concussors do the most damage over all, Fulminators do a bit more on the charhe and get bonus save vs shooting. Tempestors are best at sucking, why in the heavens would you give your shiny knight on a lightning dragon thingy a crossbow?!? ;)

On 6/22/2020 at 7:03 AM, Nizrah said:

Im gonna try desolators with Lynus. He have +1 to hit CA so it can mitigate their only weaknes :)

2 hours ago, Turragor said:

Drakesworn templar also helps in this regard

Ok, this has me thinking of a potentially interesting list:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Drakesworn Templar (420)
- General
- Storm Lance
Lynus Ghalmorian on Gryph-Charger (240)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield

Units
8 x Desolators (800)

Total: 1760 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 93

The idea in my head is they Lynus sticks close to the Desolators to provide +1 to hit buff, Stormhost ability, and any of the buffing spells (Celestial Blades is my favorite, but Azyrite Halo and Thundershock could be useful too.)

The Drakesworn provides redundancy/further buffing. It looks like those +1s would stack.

I went with 4 units of Desolators so there is a wounds buffer to keep their attacks bonus.

The extra 240 points could go into anything (including another unit of Desolators, if one were so inclined.) I was considering adding in some Judicators and going for the Thunderhead Brotherhood to reduce drops and add a command point, but the points don't work out.

Moving the big block o' Desolators around the table would be tricky, and the list is a 1 trick pony that'd be pretty simple to debuff. Grabbing objectives would be iffy too.  Probably not Tournament worthy, but would make for one heck of a fight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, jhamslam said:

Hurts my soul to see how good stoneguard are for a mere 100 points, looking at the liberator squad for that amount ugh

No kidding! The Lumineth leaks were super depressing. All of their battleline choices are great, and put Libs/Judis to shame. Their female support wizard is amazing, their monsters are legit, and Teclis is.... a God. Paying points for magic outside of Death, Tzneetch, Seraphon and Lumineth is really starting to seem pointless. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sleepa said:

No kidding! The Lumineth leaks were super depressing. All of their battleline choices are great, and put Libs/Judis to shame. Their female support wizard is amazing, their monsters are legit, and Teclis is.... a God. Paying points for magic outside of Death, Tzneetch, Seraphon and Lumineth is really starting to seem pointless. 

It is actually funny that many were disappointed by the Lumineth rules because they were underwhelming compared to, say, seraphon or tzeench.

Meanwhile we SCE players are stuck with some of the worst battleline choices, battle trait and many more. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys can general himself benefit from "staunch defender"command trait  ?

Yes. A unit/model always counts as being wholly in range of themselves, and the Staunch Defender ability does not specifically exclude the hero who uses it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys i just bought the book. Im planning to play a list around lord celestiant on stardrake. What cavalry is better? There are so many options..

its not really recomended to play both cavarly and stardrake, they cost to much to be played together, if you want to play a stardrake list you have to go with a 6+ save mortal wound spam shenanigan  list (REALLY fun, but do not think to be competitive)

If you want to play a strong cavalry list i suggest sacrosant, the dracolines are so much fun, i play this list with great results

Gavriel Sureheart (120)
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (220)
- General
- Artefact : God-forged Blade
- Spell : Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait : Pride Leader
Lord-Castellant (120)
- Mystic Light (Artefact) : Shriving Light

UNITS
6 x Evocators on Dracolines (520)
5 x Evocators (220)
10 x Sequitors (260)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 6 x Stormsmite Greatmaces
10 x Sequitors (260)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 6 x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield

BATTALIONS
Cleansing Phalanx (120)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Extra Command Point (50)

Also the concussors/fulminators are good, but they cost insanely hight, keep in mind that 4 concussors and a stardrake clock at a wooping 1000pts, literally half your army

hope it helps

EDIT: remember also that stardrake/drakeswarn are REALLY pillow fisted, they function is to stuck a unit into combat and be there forever

Edited by Yondaime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys i just bought the book. Im planning to play a list around lord celestiant on stardrake. What cavalry is better? There are so many options..

Since you plan on using a Stardrake, take a loot at the Starcast thread too. There are 2 lists with dracothian guard in page 1.

• Like 2

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (100) - Sky
- General
- Command Trait: We Cannot Fail
- Artefact: God-forged Blade
Gavriel Sureheart (120) - Sky
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Aventis Firestrike Magister of Hammerhal (340)
- Spell: Chain Lightning
- Mount trait: 6+ ward
Knight-Vexillor (120) - Sky
- Teleport Standard

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
10 x Evocators (440)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades

Artillery
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 118

Okay, what do you think about this? Synergies and overall plan is here: Evocators start on ground so they buff them self. Then Vexilor Gavriel and Azyros drop, vexilor use his banner to teleport buffed evo, then charge with +3 and reroll. Ballistas can slowly move on and start rapid fire on second turn i think. Aventis is here only for ability of +1 to hit for ballistas, i never tried this but sounds promising. Also he stay close to general he have 3+/6+/6+ due to the mount trait that i forget to pick in roster. 
Edited by Nizrah

1 hour ago, RonnPhan said:

HI guys, I really like the aesthetic of the Vanguard Chamber and want to build an army heavily centered toward them, what are units I should include/ add to support the Vanguards?

Is this geared for casual/narrative or competitive play?

1 minute ago, RonnPhan said:

Probably just a casual army but I want to make sure my army is not always at the bottom :)

If you plan on the bulk of your army being vanguard and don't want an anvilstrike list......Well bottom isn't too bad if you're having fun.

For casual, and if you going for the bulk of your army vanguard I personally would add in units that are high mobility like the rest of the army, I'd probably go with a celestant prime,  Knight-Azyros, Evocators on Dracoline, Dracoth's, etc.  But that would be purely for fun.   

- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (100)
- Artefact: Soulthief
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Lord-Relictor (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura

Battleline
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 2x Grandhammers
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 2x Grandhammers
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 2x Grandhammers

Units
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Artillery
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 133