AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 minutes ago, Andrethegreat said:

Is there something we can do as players or do we have to wait for GW? 

We can talk about it on public forums, support our opinions with facts and statistics; and hope that sales figures for Stormcast models decline enough to convince GW to address the issue. 
The model range is plenty big, and the sculpts range from fine to exceptional. All that needs redressing is the Battletome.

Kinda cool mechanic i found idk if its currently being used or is well know. Deepstriking happens at the end of the movement phase. So does the lord aquillor command ability. Since there isnt really a  stack like in magic you just kinda pick how it happpens. So if you need a get your varanguard out of jail free card you can ds him command ability and re deploy them on a table edge. 

think i might start including him for this. The amount of times itd be useful 

You can do (closely) the same with his ride the winds aetheric and then port the unit out with the azyrite hurricane. Saved my *** several times. The range is insane, 7d6 (mount trait) + 24” wholly., gets you everywhere! Port me out scotty 😃 Just stronger hunters, palladors and boy that would be an army

We have a new contender. The stormcast list that made the top 5 in a swedish tournament with 16 players but with some pretty good players is not shootcast.

celestial vindicators

lord arcanum

- general

Lord relictor

- translocation

lord castellant

10 sequitors

10 sequitors

5 liberators

6 desolators

6 vanguard palladors.

oh baby something new and something interesting. 
running some damage numbers against a 4+ armor save those desolators can pump out 35+ damage on charge. 

what you all think? The four above him was tzeench conflag, slaves to darkness despoilers, std ravagers (another really cool list), and a nurgle army. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Bozly said:

We have a new contender. The stormcast list that made the top 5 in a swedish tournament with 16 players but with some pretty good players is not shootcast.

celestial vindicators

lord arcanum

- general

Lord relictor

- translocation

lord castellant

10 sequitors

10 sequitors

5 liberators

6 desolators

6 vanguard palladors.

running some damage numbers against a 4+ armor save those desolators can pump out 35+ damage on charge. 

what you all think? The four above him was tzeench conflag, slaves to darkness despoilers, std ravagers (another really cool list), and a nurgle army. 

What did he use the Palladors for ? Scoring objectives ? They're on the weak side fighting wise.

41 minutes ago, Maturin said:

What did he use the Palladors for ? Scoring objectives ? They're on the weak side fighting wise.

I use them for objectives and road blocks.  They are 15 wounds and if you use the castellant's lantern they get a 3+ save. Then you get them out in front of enemy units and slow them down so you can score points on objectives.  

16 hours ago, Bozly said:

celestial vindicators

lord arcanum

- general

Lord relictor

- translocation

lord castellant

10 sequitors

10 sequitors

5 liberators

6 desolators

6 vanguard palladors.

im not a fan of the sequitors. id rather cut them for more cavalry or maybe a knight heraldor / azyros.

idk what his matchups were, but i cant see this list doing well against fyreslayers or slaanesh. Yes i know im being a dumb meta-head. Its a fun and solid list, just that  with my litmus test of "can it beat skaven, petrifex, HB or slaanesh", isnt looking too hot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chord said:

I use them for objectives and road blocks.  They are 15 wounds and if you use the castellant's lantern they get a 3+ save. Then you get them out in front of enemy units and slow them down so you can score points on objectives.  

Wouldn't desolators be better at this ?

7 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Wouldn't desolators be better at this ?

Desolators are .05 wounds per point, where as Palladors are .08 wounds per point.  Palladors have a better move and the ride the wind ability to help them get where they are needed.

Both are fine units.  Desolators are more killy, palladors move better.   Just different uses.

19 hours ago, The World Tree said:

Palladors are very underrated. They are rapid and pack a bit of a punch against mediocre units. They offer something unique imo. Unlike most SCE units they also can operate solo.

Hmm.I think its the gryph chargers that pack the punch :)  but agreed, underrated  

Hi guys, i got first issue of mortal real and really liked the new models of Stormcast, i didnt like the Liberators and the Warriors Chambers in 1st edition.

Can i make a competitive army with only Sacrosanct models ? (Evocator, Liberator, Castigator etc)

3 hours ago, chord said:

Hmm.I think its the gryph chargers that pack the punch :)  but agreed, underrated  

The javelins are nice ranged poke but yeah the gryphs do the most work

1 hour ago, Sance said:

Can i make a competitive army with only Sacrosanct models ? (Evocator, Liberator, Castigator etc)

Castigators are not competitive at all, Liberators aren't Sacrosanct but the Sequitors are pretty competitive yes, Evocators are top tier glass cannons for us

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

The javelins are nice ranged poke but yeah the gryphs do the most work

Castigators are not competitive at all, Liberators aren't Sacrosanct but the Sequitors are pretty competitive yes, Evocators are top tier glass cannons for us

Further to this: though not considered as competitive, ballistas provide a better ranged option than castigators if you want to stick to the sacrosant theme. They pair reasonably well with evocators on dracolines

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Andrethegreat said:

Are the hunters and palldors that bad, and what would make them better? I have won games with them and the more I play them the more I find out what works and what don't, But then again what do I know I'm new to AOS.   

Rend and better hit stats but thats an SCE problem in general. An elite band of heroes should not be hitting and wounding on dice rolls of 4s for any weapon.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Rend and better hit stats but thats an SCE problem in general. An elite band of heroes should not be hitting and wounding on dice rolls of 4s for any weapon.

Got it! I see now, So! SCE troops should be hitting on 3+ and heroes on 2+ with some type of rend, I would love that very much, but would that brake the balance of the game?

3 minutes ago, Andrethegreat said:

Got it! I see now, So! SCE troops should be hitting on 3+ and heroes on 2+ with some type of rend, I would love that very much, but would that brake the balance of the game?

lmao no armies less elite than us are now hitting and/or wounding with better stats, more attacks and rend

8 minutes ago, Andrethegreat said:

Look at 'Big Waaagh' lists. They can pretty easily generate 16 Waaagh points by the combat phase of their second turn, and they get an army-wide +1 to hit rolls once they have at least 16 points. This is in an army that can take 5 Ardboys  for 90 points, which are better than Liberators in almost every way.

2 attacks base, 3+/3+ -1 Rend, 1 damage. They have 2 wounds each and a 4+ save, with 4" move and Bravery 6. HOWEVER, their drummer adds 2 to charge rolls, and one of their banners makes them bravery 8. So they are actually better than Liberators in every single way, for 10 less points.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Sleepa said:

Look at 'Big Waaagh' lists. They can pretty easily generate 16 Waaagh points by the combat phase of their second turn, and they get an army-wide +1 to hit rolls once they have at least 16 points. This is in an army that can take 5 Ardboys  for 90 points, which are better than Liberators in almost every way.

2 attacks base, 3+/3+ -1 Rend, 1 damage. They have 2 wounds each and a 4+ save, with 4" move and Bravery 6. HOWEVER, their drummer adds 2 to charge rolls, and one of their banners makes them bravery 8. So they are actually better than Liberators in every single way, for 10 less points.

Basically any battleline at this point vastly outperforms Liberators for fewer points. SCE fights with outdated warscrolls and almost zero synergy or buffs, while everyone else has slightly weaker warscrolls, lots more bodies, and BUTTLOADS of synergy and buffs to the moon. And why do "elite troops" only get TWO attacks hitting on FOURS and only have a 4+ save that dies to rend?? It's so awful.

Please update us soon, GW!

Edited by LordPrometheus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Andrethegreat said:

Are the hunters and palldors that bad, and what would make them better? I have won games with them and the more I play them the more I find out what works and what don't, But then again what do I know I'm new to AOS.   

You should share your strategy.  I'm always looking for new methods to leverage these units. maybe I'm missed something.

*I'm moving my question to this thread, and asking the mods to delete the new thread I made. It seems like only the big topic threads in this forum get a lot of traction.

I recently joined an escalation league, to give myself a motivational push to get more of my SC painted by the end of the summer.

The way the league works is: At each point threshold, we are paired up and provided a pitched-battle mission. The league starts out at 750 points, and the first mission is "Knife to the Heart".

We are free to submit a completely different army for each round of the league, so I need not commit to expanding on my choices for the first round.

I'm asking for advice here, because I have literally no experience playing AOS games below 1000 points. 

The mission being "Knife to the heart" also complicates list-building for me, as a Stormcast player. Model-count is going to be a problem.

My first instinct was to draft up something like:

Lord Arcanum

Lord Relictor

5x Sequitors

5x Sequitors

5x Evocators

But I quickly realized that I'm going to need to keep a minimum of 5 models alive in order to hold either objective. So if I lose even one model from any squad contesting one of those objectives, I'm going to lose the option of that major victory.

My current draft is looking like this:

Lord Arcanum

Lord Castellant

10x Sequitors

10x Liberators

It's a dirt-simple list idea, but the plan is to sit the Libs and Castellant on my home objective, then deep strike the Arcanum and Sequitors (Depending on my opponent is on - I can make a new list for each round, but pairings are always blind to ensure no counter-play) to threaten their objective.

Looking for some serious feedback here. Feel free to tear apart my thought-process thus far, if you think I'm off-base.

I don't own really any Vanguard models, so no access to Aquilor, Hunters or Raptors.

Thanks in advance for the help, folks!