AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Joke aside, neither my opponent or me are very competitive players.

A few remarks though :

- Instead of taking two units of Aetherwings, I took 1 unit of Javelin Prosecutors. The aetherwings would have been better at screening my deepfield against DP paladins. But he failed his first charge, made it the second time, but he conceded a bit later.

- It's interesting the psychological effect that 4 fulminators had on him. Although I told him how strong they were going to be agaisnt shots, he still fired upon with is 2 balistas. As expected, not a single damage taken.

- It's hard playing in a noisy environment, how you guys manage to keep focused in a tournament in a crowded arena is an impressive fact. I forgot a lot of aditionnal rules (wound or hit reroll given by the Triumph table for ex).

Anyway, see ya!

I'm considering getting Cities of Sigmar and just renaming it "Stormcast And Friends"

So Greywater Fastness allows you to take an extra Artillery piece and give all artillery extra range. 5 Ballistas + Ordinator + Hurricanum is expensive but extremely hilarious and should pepper most things off the board with little to no issue. Can't wait to see the rest of the book :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Requizen said:

So Greywater Fastness allows you to take an extra Artillery piece and give all artillery extra range. 5 Ballistas + Ordinator + Hurricanum is expensive but extremely hilarious and should pepper most things off the board with little to no issue. Can't wait to see the rest of the book :P 

Where did you find that info ?

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

I'm considering getting Cities of Sigmar and just renaming it "Stormcast And Friends"

It would be something, but if you play Cities of Sigmar allegiance with Stormcast units you won't get Scions of the Storm, so your ballistae will only be firing one shot each until someone moves up to them.

2 hours ago, Maturin said:

Where did you find that info ?

There are some facebook posts with Cities info, don't have em in front of me. 

2 hours ago, Marzillius said:

It would be something, but if you play Cities of Sigmar allegiance with Stormcast units you won't get Scions of the Storm, so your ballistae will only be firing one shot each until someone moves up to them.

It also adds 3" to Artillery range, so half distance is now 21" (24" with movement), more than enough to cover a huge portion of the board. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Requizen said:

It also adds 3" to Artillery range, so half distance is now 21" (24" with movement), more than enough to cover a huge portion of the board. 

That will be insane :D , I already tested the 4 B + LO + Lum combo once and it was nasty , you think the re-roll 1s will also count for the B? That combo could completely shut down half of the board.

13 minutes ago, Lucur said:

Another advantage of CoS is access to cheap battleline. I'm really curious how they intend to balance that out. Outside of Anvilstrike most people would love to lose their Stormhosts for access to most Order units...

I'll gladly take either Eternal guards or Phoenix Temple battleline over Liberators any day.

1 hour ago, schwabbele said:

That will be insane :D , I already tested the 4 B + LO + Lum combo once and it was nasty , you think the re-roll 1s will also count for the B? That combo could completely shut down half of the board.

Better than Greywater : 4 High elf balistas, 2 Seawardens, LO + Hurricanum. That's insane because you don't have to rely on the unreliable SCE balista :) ! That's 48 shots at 36", hits 2+, auto-wound (2 Seawardens), rend -1, D1.

Edited by Maturin

@Lucur You roll to cast. It's cast. It's not unbound. Now :

- if you sustained wounds you roll to heal D3 wounds

or

- if all your remaining models are full life : you roll to resurrect models worth D3 wounds.

I don't think you can resurrect a dracoline if you don't roll 5 or 6 on the D3. I think Lifeswarm is great in Ghyran, or if not in Ghyran, on models with one wound > Phoenix temple for ex.

Edited by Maturin

6 minutes ago, Nubgan said:

Quick question from a lurker (who doesn't keep up with everything), but what is involved in Anvilstrike? It's not in the Battletome, so I am presuming its  in another book or a name for a combination of units.

Many thanks :D

You take the Anvils of the Heldenhammer Stormhost and build a list around a unit of nine or more Vanguard Raptors with Longstrike crossbows. With the trait they can shoot twice a turn, making them very powerful. Just read up on the last few pages, there's lots of different lists in here with some decent discussion to boot.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Requizen said:

Yeah, that's fun, but you missed one part - extra artillery piece have to be IRONWELD ARSENALAoSCitiesFocus-Sep23-IronweildGuilds3ovdf.jpg

2 hours ago, Maturin said:

So If I spend 3 CP on a LC's retribution giving him +3 to hit, he fails on 1s?
So, you tell me that the Store manager of my GW taught me wrong ? :D Interesting!

Rules are rules and store manager is just a dude. 1 to hit, wound or save is ALWAYS a fail.

1 hour ago, XReN said:

Rules are rules and store manager is just a dude. 1 to hit, wound or save is ALWAYS a fail.

I'll tell him you said he's just a dude!
Joke aside, yeah, I checked, he was wrong, I talked to him, and in his mind he was still in AOS V1 where autohits/wounds/saves were apparently a thing.

4 minutes ago, Maturin said:

I'll tell him you said he's just a dude!
Joke aside, yeah, I checked, he was wrong, I talked to him, and in his mind he was still in AOS V1 where autohits/wounds/saves were apparently a thing.

Those were a thing, yes, but not in matched play

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Same. The Hammerhal command ability to fight at the end of the combat phase would be pretty damn good for Evocators

Losing the Anvils Ability to shoot twice might be bad for us.

On the other hand getting access to cheap hordes of greatswords/ steam tanks , Demigrpyh knights (my old world fav) and some cool command point and fight twice abilities might be worth it