AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

6 minutes ago, Maturin said:

So the only thing left in my mind is :

Knight Azyros with Ghyrropian gauntlets. Activate CA Herophase, he moves 6 inch, Normal move 12" fly, Run (can't run more than 3 since he'd be too close if your enemies deployed at 24) and here you go. Your azyros is in a perfect spot to make all your incoming shots or attacks of to reroll 1's if needed.

That's a big waste of a command point. You only need the Azyros within 10" of your target so in most situations a run is enough to get him there.

Hi! Quick question!

Does the CA "Heroes of another age" stack in a way to shoot with, let's say, one unit of 9 raptors 2 times in the Hero phase (2 CP), then again in the shooting phase as normal? 

Or can it only be used once per unit or something? Can't really find anything against it...

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Hi! Quick question!

Does the CA "Heroes of another age" stack in a way to shoot with, let's say, one unit of 9 raptors 2 times in the Hero phase (2 CP), then again in the shooting phase as normal? 

Or can it only be used once per unit or something? Can't really find anything against it...

Thanks! 

I'm afraid it got an errata specifically to preclude doing that, yes

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/age_of_sigmar_stormcast_eternals_errata_en.pdf

• Thanks 1

You could still use it two times on two different units, One longstrikes and one judicators for ex, for a bigger alpha shot. Depends on how many CP you got and what you want to do with them. @PJetski is the Anvil Longstrike master over here, check out his posts. In one of them, If I recall correctly, he said that if Longstrikes wouldn't be viable anymore, he would use 20 judicators.

Edited by Maturin

Just for fun, for a totally stupid alpha strike, what would this list be worth ?

Knight-Azyros (100)
Lord-Relictor (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Deathly Aura
- Artefact : Soulthief
- Prayer : Translocation
UNITS
20 x Judicators (640)
- Boltstorm Crossbows
- 4 x Thunderbolt Crossbows
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
TOTAL: 1450/1500 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 78
LEADERS: 2/4 BATTLELINES: 2 (2+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/2 ARTILLERY: 0/2
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/200

Translocating the Judicators to range, firing all their stuff during hero phase, sniping character with the longstrikes during the hero phase as well, and they all get to do it again during the shooting one. Only problem is, against a player with balistas, those two units are toast by turn 1, unless they're in terrain and he lucks out on his rolls!

1) Translocation can fail, you're screwed if it does and your Xbow Judis are on the board.

2) you need a hero to use the CA and be wholly within 9" Good luck with 20 big boi bases ^^

3) after the Alphastrike... let's face it, you got nothing. You won't even habe something in range of the Judicators in the shooting phase without moving.

There is a reason the "regular" Anvilstrike runs Aetherwings and Liberators as chaff. If you go full ham you can't contest objectives in the slightest. You can't block off faster monsters.

Yeah @Lucur you"re right. It's just that I'm tired of playing the Skyborne Slayers at 1500. It's just always the same, I alpha strike turn 1, maximise damage, try to kill his general with my Sword of judgment Azyros and then, do what I can until the end. For now i've got 3 victory in a row in my Gw, but I'd like to change.
I was  thinking about a Grand Convocation at 1500 :

- Stormhost: Celestial Warbringers

Lord-Arcanum (160)
- General
- Command Trait : Portents and Omens
- Spell : Stormcaller
Lord-Exorcist (120)
- Spell : Lighntning Blast
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Celestial Staves (Artefact) : Staff of Focus
- Spell : Chain Lightning
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Artefact : Hammers of Aurgury
- Spell : Thundershock

5 x Protectors (180)
- 2 x Starsoul Maces
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Grand Convocation (130)

Balewind Vortex (40)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Everblaze Comet (100)
Celestian Vortex (40)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)

But i'd suffer the same problem, not enough wounds and bodies on the table. Would be fun though to go all in! The only problem would be my friend's balistas, his 5 man evocators and retributors. But hey, at least, i'd have killed his general with spells from the other end of the table!

20 minutes ago, Primes said:

@Maturin What exactly is your Skyborne List at 1.500 Pts? How would you expand it to 2.000?

Well, it's minimum sized Skyborne Slayers + 1 Knight Azyros (Sword judgement), Gavriel Sureheart and two aetherwings unit.
I have bad luck with dices in general, so I looked up the easiest way for me to make my charge rolls, hit rolls more reliable.
I also designed this list to beat a specific opponent in my GW, who was the Store champion and whose Lord Aquilor I couldn't kill with two heroes during the store tournament because of bad dice rolls.

So Activating lore celestant and gavriel CA makes both charges and D6mortal wounds really easy to do, on a flying azyros (only 4 attacks though). Mind you, I'm now the store  champion so I have the bonus given by the bracelet which is D3 CP at the start of the battle combined with D3 rerolls. When I challenged the champion, I didn't have the azyros, I was playing at 1250 with an assassin hidden in my Lord celestant from the slayers battalion. My opponent deployed a bit too wide, so I could sneak in the celestant and kill him in one go.

If I had to go to 2000 points, I would either go Longstrikes, like @Roark, or go balistas. I'd liek to tinker a bit and find a way to play order with WE Sisters on forest dragon, or some other esoteric units.

Edited by Maturin
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Well, it's minimum sized Skyborne Slayers + 1 Knight Azyros (Sword judgement), Gavriel Sureheart and two aetherwings unit.
I have bad luck with dices in general, so I looked up the easiest way for me to make my charge rolls, hit rolls more reliable.
I also designed this list to beat a specific opponent in my GW, who was the Store champion and whose Lord Aquilor I couldn't kill with two heroes during the store tournament because of bad dice rolls.

So Activating lore celestant and gavriel CA makes both charges and D6mortal wounds really easy to do, on a flying azyros (only 4 attacks though). Mind you, I'm now the store  champion so I have the bonus given by the bracelet which is D3 CP at the start of the battle combined with D3 rerolls. When I challenged the champion, I didn't have the azyros, I was playing at 1250 with an assassin hidden in my Lord celestant from the slayers battalion. My opponent deployed a bit too wide, so I could sneak in the celestant and kill him in one go.

If I had to go to 2000 points, I would either go Longstrikes, like @Roark, or go balistas. I'd liek to tinker a bit and find a way to play order with WE Sisters on forest dragon, or some other esoteric units.

Thanks for your Input.

For 1.500 Points I thought about Min Sized Slayers with Knight Vexillior instead of Gavriel and Relictor instead of Azyros (or both foregoing the Aetherwings).

This would allow me to use either no Stormhost, Vindicators or Hallowed Knights for Fluff and Mobility after the Initial Drop with the +1 to run/chare and run+charge CA. Also the Pennant of my Vexillior gives me options after the initial Skyborne Drop.

Putting Sword of Judgement on Celestant, who has more Attacks than Azyros (whose rerolls would be less useful against Chaos and/or with Vindicators Stormhost).

For 2.000 Points my main consideration is keeping the army low drop. I think Juds are not too bad, so increasing them to 10 each and adding 5 Protectors to my Unit of 5 is an idea I am toying with.

@Roark @Maturin @Everyone: What are your Opinions?

Edited by Primes

Sword of judgement is good on a hero that can fly, if you don't want to be bothered with placement. Celestant is better ofc for his flurry of attacks. 

If you want to keep number of drops to a minimum, you always have the option to take a grand convocation or a vanguard hunter + aetherwing battalion. Otherwise do as roark do. Min size slayers, 9 longstrikes, veritant and one last hero. 

Alright Kids status check. Anvilstrike is clearly our best list.

Recent tournaments would show Slaanesh and DoK still being top contenders. 

What exactly is our plan for beating both?  (Yes i know we shoot the heroes) Im referring more to deployment, what to hold in the sky vs the ground. Which targets to prioritize, when to go for the objectives and when to concede them? 

Just looking to make those matchups better here

• Like 1

I recently got my hands on the store anniversary model of Larissa Shadowstalker and expected to find her points in the box. However, there is no mention of any point values in the box, so should I use the points of the regular Knight Questor or is she just not match play legal? Or am I missing something?

53 minutes ago, Memnoch said:

I recently got my hands on the store anniversary model of Larissa Shadowstalker and expected to find her points in the box. However, there is no mention of any point values in the box, so should I use the points of the regular Knight Questor or is she just not match play legal? Or am I missing something?

Has she got special rules ? Cause if not, then she's just a Knight Questor.
Oh wait :

5p9j63tmyhb31.jpg

Edited by Maturin

10 hours ago, Memnoch said:

Thats a bummer, I guess you have to wait until new GHB/SCE battletome

2 hours ago, Requizen said:

Special edition characters won't be getting points. There are no points for Errant-Questor, which is Warhammer World Exclusive either. Similarly in 40k, anniversary and special edition Space Marines don't get points (or their points are moved to Legacy). 

Errant questor costs 140 points, it's in the FAQ :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/age_of_sigmar_generals_handbook_errata_en.pdf

Edited by Maturin