AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

10 minutes ago, Marzillius said:

I bring 2, I even said so, but what always happens is that one disrupts turn 1 and the other gets destroyed by shooting or magic and then I get doubled and destroyed.

If they are spending time shooting or throwing magic at a 50pt unit they aren't throwing it at something far more valuable, the aetherwings have done their job

Hi all,

Implayed Stormcast eternals in Meeting Engagement rules First Time and I lost clearly twice.

My list was not hard 

++ Meeting Engagement - Spearhead (Order - Stormcast Eternals) [180pts] ++

+ Other +

Prosecutors [90pts]: 3 Prosecutors, Paired Celestial Hammers

Prosecutors [90pts]: 3 Prosecutors, Paired Celestial Hammers

++ Meeting Engagement - Main Body (Order - Stormcast Eternals) [640pts] ++

+ Leader +

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-charger [220pts]: 0. God-forged Blade, 0. We Cannot Fail, 1. Wind Runner, 2. Celestial Blades, General

+ Battleline +

Judicators [160pts]: 5 Judicators, Shockbolt Bow, Skybolt Bow

Sequitors [260pts]: 2x 5 Sequitors, 4x Stormsmite Greatmace, Stormsmite Greatmace (Sequitor-Prime), Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance

. Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals: Hammers of Sigmar

+ Game Options +

Game Type: No Points or Battlerole Validation (Open)

++ Meeting Engagement - Rearguard (Order - Stormcast Eternals) [180pts] ++

+ Other +

Vanguard-Palladors [180pts]: 3 Vanguard-Palladors, Starstrike Javelin

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I wanted to be quick to geht the objektives, but the Units werde just too weak. I played  twice against Iron Jaws and got ripped in melee.

Can you help me with a more competitive approach and may be  some explanations how to play?

13 minutes ago, SerialMoM said:

I wanted to be quick to geht the objektives, but the Units werde just too weak. I played  twice against Iron Jaws and got ripped in melee.

Can you help me with a more competitive approach and may be  some explanations how to play?

To start it off - you don't get any benefit from going Hammers with this list, it's not worth going with them if you're not planing to use their named characters.

With better trait (like staunch defenders) and better artefact you would have a much bigger chance to fight the orks.

Then you should be smart with how you play, because IJ will snowball you with activations by killing weak units like prosecutors and judicators, you want to charge with prosecutors to "pincer" enemy unit from 2 sides, preferably so opponent will strugle with piling in and will be able to reach each of your prosecutor units with only 1 model, so you'll be able to do some damage without getting insta-shredded. Same applies to everything that is not seqitors, with them you can fully commit to charge and fight with all models

Also, what models do you have? Something might be better than what you have currently in the list.

i try this list, not bad

Spoiler

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Spearhead
Knight-Heraldor (100)
2 x Concussors (240)

Main Body
Lord-Castellant (120)
- General
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Evocators (220)

Rearguard
5 x Evocators (220)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 61

Thanks Xren, I can field nearly everything.

Even the Sequitors got shreeded although I attacked. But my Enemy got lucky with a Triumph.

11 minutes ago, XReN said:

To start it off - you don't get any benefit from going Hammers with this list, it's not worth going with them if you're not planing to use their named characters.

With better trait (like staunch defenders) and better artefact you would have a much bigger chance to fight the orks.

Then you should be smart with how you play, because IJ will snowball you with activations by killing weak units like prosecutors and judicators, you want to charge with prosecutors to "pincer" enemy unit from 2 sides, preferably so opponent will strugle with piling in and will be able to reach each of your prosecutor units with only 1 model, so you'll be able to do some damage without getting insta-shredded. Same applies to everything that is not seqitors, with them you can fully commit to charge and fight with all models

Also, what models do you have? Something might be better than what you have currently in the list.

3 minutes ago, azmarus said:

i try this list, not bad

Hide contents

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Spearhead
Knight-Heraldor (100)
2 x Concussors (240)

Main Body
Lord-Castellant (120)
- General
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Evocators (220)

Rearguard
5 x Evocators (220)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 61

Thanks

1 minute ago, SerialMoM said:

Thanks Xren, I can field nearly everything.

Even the Sequitors got shreeded although I attacked. But my Enemy got lucky with a Triumph.

Then try using Dracoths as @azmarus suggested, they are somewhat sturdier than most other units in our book, you then also can take Castellant and Relictor for defence, with Castellant's +1 to save rolls, Relictor's Divine Light and after hitting enemy unit with Lightning Storm you will turn pretty much anything IJ player throws at you into weaklings

On 7/19/2019 at 9:40 PM, HammerOfSigmar said:

Scoins of the Storm counts as normal reserve, in the latest core rule, reserve unit arriving battlefield does not count as normal move. In the last version, this thing does count as a normal move, so probably that's why the GW manage tell you so. In the latest version, in the latest version, it no longer counts as a move.

Its on page 2 of the core rules designers commentary notes. 

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

3 Stormcast players in the top 10 at Blackout this weekend, great work 👍

The guy who came 8th had some strange allies that I've never seen before (list here). As you can see, he's used that list more than once with good results. I confess I've never looked twice at those Ironweld units...

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 11:56 AM, chord said:

Build the 2 star soul maces. Build three of the Protectors.   Then you can field a unit of retributors or a unit of protectors as needed (2 of the 5 have star soul maces).  then buy a starter set of paladins and kitbash some star soul maces (I like painting the hammers a different color) so you can field both units at the same time

i have not been able to find that starter set for paladins, else I would probably buy that + the start collecting box for decimators..

On 8/6/2019 at 1:02 PM, jhamslam said:

Idk if youve seen the points and armies now, but sequitors simply arent worth their investment, given that you also have to take a bad wizard (LA) to use them.

What other Lord would you recommend buying for players who started with the Soul Wars set?

Playing a game this weekend vs legion if grief in 1500 points. It's part of an escalating forbidden power campaign and I have the realmstone wand at level 4 ( notably, cast 1 more spell, +2 to cast on general, and re roll failed casts for wizards within small bubble)

I'm thinking of going with the following list, I know it's odd but do you think it will work.

++ **Pitched Battle** 1,000 (Order - Stormcast Eternals) [1,500pts] ++

+ Battleline +

Liberators [100pts]: 5 Liberators, Grandhammer, Warhammer and Shield

Sequitors [130pts]: 5 Sequitors, 2x Stormsmite Greatmace, Stormsmite Greatmace (Sequitor-Prime), Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield

+ Other +

Concussors [240pts]: 1. Lithe-limbed, 2 Concussors

Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows [140pts]: 3 Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows

+ Battalion +

Battalion: Grand Convocation [750pts]
. Knight-Incantor: 5. Chain Lightning
. Knight-Incantor: 1. Lightning Blast, 1. Staff of Focus
. Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-charger: 0. We Cannot Fail, 1. Wind Runner, 6. Stormcaller, General
. Lord-Exorcist: 0. God-forged Blade, 3. Thundershock

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals: Hammers of Sigmar

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 1000 Points - Vanguard

Points Variation: +  500

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spell: Balewind Vortex [40pts]

Endless Spell: Everblaze Comet [100pts]

+ Realm of Battle +

Realm of Battle: Battle: Hysh

++ Total: [1,500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

58 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

What other Lord would you recommend buying for players who started with the Soul Wars set?

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with the Lord-Arcanum for 160, or the mounted one for 220. Both units have a lot going on. I wouldn't take the foot guy outside of a Stormhost though, coz his command is a bit naff.

34 minutes ago, Gorkimus said:

Playing a game this weekend vs legion if grief in 1500 points. It's part of an escalating forbidden power campaign and I have the realmstone wand at level 4 ( notably, cast 1 more spell, +2 to cast on general, and re roll failed casts for wizards within small bubble)

I'm thinking of going with the following list, I know it's odd but do you think it will work.

What might happen is that you can get overwhelmed by numbers and drowned under wave of undead, also concussors can't take mount trait, only heroes can.

10 hours ago, XReN said:

What might happen is that you can get overwhelmed by numbers and drowned under wave of undead, also concussors can't take mount trait, only heroes can.

Thanks, anything specifically you would suggest to try instead? I havent tried a magic heavy list like this before, but also have never played against legion of grief.

10 hours ago, XReN said:

Also I've been distracted by mess that is Battle Scribe, @Gorkimus, I suggest you put Staff of Focus on Lord Arcanum, being able to cast 2 spells with extra mortal wounds is better than casting 1 spell.

I put it on the incantor for maximizing the damage from a from a massive spirit storm - hopefully boosted by balewind - 24" of 2 mortal wounds to all enemies.

7 hours ago, Nizrah said:

What do you think about this?

I like his spell (2 in 1) and reroll saves of 1 bubble. The Phalanx is cool and has the potential to make Sequitors really aggressive but, with all the price hikes AND the increased cost of Lynus and his unique battalions, it's just really hard to write a list that has all the elements I need...

You can make a nasty combat testudo, but there's no points left over to support it with much of anything.

Edited by Roark

Expensive battalions with inefficient configurations and marginal bonuses that aren’t worth the cost of entry, and which still don’t get you 3 battleline units like everyone else to reduce drops.

Who cares about rend 3 Sequitors when they die to fights first/last fight twice all the same?

Fine for casual play I guess. 

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1