AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

11 hours ago, Nizrah said:

What would you take in competive ME roster? Our national league s2020 will start with ME tournament.

I except to meet hearthguards, gristegore etc.

You will meet Gristlegore and mostly Morathi. Our local TO had to change the objective capping rule to "number of wounds left around the objective" to stop Morathi just camping an objective in ME.

In SCE however

Knight Incantor 

Knight Azyros

Liberator 5

Sequitor 5

Sequitor 5

6 Vanguard Raptors with Longstrikes

Geminids.

Or you can replace Longstrikes with Hurricanes and add a unit of aetherwings

I don't know about the Sequitor discussion. I am still a big fan and for me they work pretty well. On the other hand I am not a big tournament player and mostly play random games in my store. But there they do what they suppose to do - in big groups and with buffs they take down almost everything and are just absurdly powerfull in dealing damage while being resonably durable. In small 5 man units they do work well as objective grabbers and from my pov better then liberators because they hold their ground better until support from Evocators or Paladins arrives. 

But I must admit I have not faced many Skaven players yet so...don't know.

One of my favorite models of the whole SCE range are the Dracoth riders however. I am still thinking of ways how to implement them. They will not fit too well with my sacrosanct chamber build so I was thinking of doing a whole different build with Liberators to fill the battle line and 2 units of Dracoth guys plus the Celestant Prim on Dracoth as general. What do you think of list? 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

LEADERS

Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (220) - Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield

Knight-Incantor (140)

Lord-Relictor (100)

Knight-Heraldor (100)

UNITS

5 x Liberators (100) - Warhammers

2 x Concussors (240)

5 x Evocators (220)

2 x Fulminators (240)

6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN

Everblaze Comet (100)

TOTAL: 2000/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 99

Knight Heraldor for charge buffing the Fulminators and Lord Relictor for Translocate. Only 6 Vanguard Raptorts due to points but one could think about getting rid of the Concussors and getting 3 additional Raptors plus maybe another hero?  But I would love to have a list with a fairly large number of Dracoths that is still "competitive". 

4 hours ago, Naem said:

I don't know about the Sequitor discussion. I am still a big fan and for me they work pretty well. On the other hand I am not a big tournament player and mostly play random games in my store. But there they do what they suppose to do - in big groups and with buffs they take down almost everything and are just absurdly powerfull in dealing damage while being resonably durable. In small 5 man units they do work well as objective grabbers and from my pov better then liberators because they hold their ground better until support from Evocators or Paladins arrives. 

But I must admit I have not faced many Skaven players yet so...don't know.

One of my favorite models of the whole SCE range are the Dracoth riders however. I am still thinking of ways how to implement them. They will not fit too well with my sacrosanct chamber build so I was thinking of doing a whole different build with Liberators to fill the battle line and 2 units of Dracoth guys plus the Celestant Prim on Dracoth as general. What do you think of list? 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

LEADERS

Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (220) - Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield

Knight-Incantor (140)

Lord-Relictor (100)

Knight-Heraldor (100)

UNITS

2 x Concussors (240)

5 x Evocators (220)

2 x Fulminators (240)

6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN

Everblaze Comet (100)

TOTAL: 2000/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 99

Knight Heraldor for charge buffing the Fulminators and Lord Relictor for Translocate. Only 6 Vanguard Raptorts due to points but one could think about getting rid of the Concussors and getting 3 additional Raptors plus maybe another hero?  But I would love to have a list with a fairly large number of Dracoths that is still "competitive". 

Depends on what models you have, I think you should play some games, then figure out what need to be changed in your local meta to make list better, some more games - some more tinkering, until you figure out what works.

I suggest starting with a brick of 4 concussors, buffed to 11 with everything you have, Castellant, additional attacks, rerolls, etc.

Couple of good starting points would be attack staking CA with Vandus Hammerhand (here's your LCoD) or Celestial Vindicators for their CA and combat-oriented trait and artefact.

Well I have pretty much all the models, except for most Vanguard guys (except again for Longstrikes, which I have). I played quite a lot, but mostly using my Anvilhammer list or a Sequitor heavy list with tripple Ballista+Ordinator/Evocators 

But I just love heave cavalry so I would very much like to build a list that focuses on my Dracoth dudes. 

Guys I have a little question about the Storm-winged mount trait. Just to make sure I'm playing this right, the wording seems to be on a 2+ on any type of move where you pass over a unit you do D3 mortals to 1 unit. Does this trigger on move, charge and pile-in? A pile-in is a type of move, and with a flying model there's nothing stopping you from dipping 1" over then 1" back and landing in the exact same space to trigger the D3 MWs.

Playing it like this, I'm regularly charging in slightly over range then "backing up", doing D3 mortals, then doing D3 mortals every combat activation by "shimmying". If this is correct, why would anyone take a different mount trait? It makes the Stardrake way more killy than people let on.

• LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, Siorra said:

orm-winged mount trait. Just to make sure I'm playing this right, the wording seems to be on a 2+ on any type of move where you pass over a unit you do D3 mortals to 1 unit. Does this trigger on move, charge and pile-in? A pile-in is a type of move, and with a flying model there's nothing stoppi

This is correct. Since the rewording in the latest book it does not apply to the movement phase alone, so pile ins should also count. 

32 minutes ago, Siorra said:

Guys I have a little question about the Storm-winged mount trait. Just to make sure I'm playing this right, the wording seems to be on a 2+ on any type of move where you pass over a unit you do D3 mortals to 1 unit. Does this trigger on move, charge and pile-in? A pile-in is a type of move, and with a flying model there's nothing stopping you from dipping 1" over then 1" back and landing in the exact same space to trigger the D3 MWs.

Playing it like this, I'm regularly charging in slightly over range then "backing up", doing D3 mortals, then doing D3 mortals every combat activation by "shimmying". If this is correct, why would anyone take a different mount trait? It makes the Stardrake way more killy than people let on.

Yes, you are correct. It does not specify a "normal move" or any specific phase, so it works on every kind of move in every phase.

3 hours ago, Siorra said:

CAn somebody draw it ? English is not my mother tongue and don't really see how you would do that and it would be legal

3 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

See attached picture.

E7884D08-7B95-4E2B-9E04-A3CA7C333B79.jpeg

Dragon Cheese ? XD
But how could that pile in would be legal or interesting ? More often that not, unit targeting a Stardrake would be either ver numerous, or too deep to do a 3 inch fly. Furthermore, isn't the pile in rule saying that we can only move toward the nearest enemy mini ?

14 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Dragon Cheese ? XD
But how could that pile in would be legal or interesting ? More often that not, unit targeting a Stardrake would be either ver numerous, or too deep to do a 3 inch fly. Furthermore, isn't the pile in rule saying that we can only move toward the nearest enemy mini ?

It doesn't say that, it says that you must finish your move at least as close to closest enemy model you started pile-in

And because Drake can fly, he can move over enemy models, so he moves a milimeter of his base over enemy model's base and goes back - done, you roll for MWs

1 minute ago, XReN said:

It doesn't say that, it says that you must finish your move at least as close to closest enemy model you started pile-in

And because Drake can fly, he can move over enemy models, so he moves a milimeter of his base over enemy model's base and goes back - done, you roll for MWs?

So there isn't any actual flying ? It's just imagined ?
I was told there was an errata saying taht if a model is at equal distance between town models, he then cannot pile move anymore. SO if that move is legal, we still have to be careful about position, right ?

1 minute ago, Maturin said:

I was told there was an errata saying taht if a model is at equal distance between town models, he then cannot pile move anymore. SO if that move is legal, we still have to be careful about position, right ?

I remember smtg like that, so yes, probably don't want to get in base to base with more than 1 enemy model

I was thinking of taking the following list to a Meeting Engagement tournament? How does it hold up in your opinion?

CELESTIAL VINDICATORS

SPEARHEAD

Celestant-Prime

5x Evocators SPELL: Celestial Blades

MAIN BODY

Lord Castellant (GENERAL) Single-minded Fury & Stormrage Blade

10x Liberators (Warhammer & Shield) 2x Greathammers

REARGUARD

5x Vanguard-Hunters (Boltstorm Pistols & Storm Sabres)

Total: 990 pts

2 hours ago, Maturin said:

CpWUpyO.jpg

Sorry if the image doesn't work, I'm trying to do this via mobile, but to answer that question, yes it is legal. You move 1" over, 1" back, as long as you end in the exact same space as before you're playing within the rules. If your opponent is ok with you saving time, you can just say you did it each time. The rule is there, after all.

Edited by Siorra
Fixed image

1 hour ago, Siorra said:

CpWUpyO_d.jpg

Sorry if the image doesn't work, I'm trying to do this via mobile, but to answer that question, yes it is legal. You move 1" over, 1" back, as long as you end in the exact same space as before you're playing within the rules. If your opponent is ok with you saving time, you can just say you did it each time. The rule is there, after all.

Yeah, image"s too smal :)

11 hours ago, XReN said:

I remember smtg like that, so yes, probably don't want to get in base to base with more than 1 enemy model

You can still make the pile-in move, just need to finish B2B with all the models you were previously. Which is not a problem for a flying model.

10 hours ago, tom_gore said:

You can still make the pile-in move, just need to finish B2B with all the models you were previously. Which is not a problem for a flying model.

So you fly over the models and get back to your position or just fly over and cross ? I'm sorry to make you guys repeat yourselves, don't understand how that's legal and viable.

Just had a crazy game where my Drakesworn Templar essentially single-handedly wiped out an entire FEC army. He killed a wounded Terrorgheist, the majority of a 6-man Flayer unit, an another entire 6-man Flayer unit (hit bit through their coherency, destroying 2 of them automatically at the end of the turn), 40 Ghouls and an Archregent.  I ran him with Stormlance as Celestial Vindicators and used  both the command trait and the Stormrage Blade. 1820 points wiped out by this single 460 point model. Hilarious!

On another note, is it just me or are Aetherwings just not that good? I use 2 units in my list and so far they've only managed to block an enemy charge in turn 1 and then the opponent gets a double and wipes me out anyway. Or they get shot to bits before they can disrupt since they're made of paper. They've never really performed like these amazing screens like everyone are talking about.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Marzillius said:

Just had a crazy game where my Drakesworn Templar essentially single-handedly wiped out an entire FEC army. He killed a wounded Terrorgheist, the majority of a 6-man Flayer unit, an another entire 6-man Flayer unit (hit bit through their coherency, destroying 2 of them automatically at the end of the turn), 40 Ghouls and an Archregent.  I ran him with Stormlance as Celestial Vindicators and used  both the command trait and the Stormrage Blade. 1820 points wiped out by this single 460 point model. Hilarious!

On another note, is it just me or are Aetherwings just not that good? I use 2 units in my list and so far they've only managed to block an enemy charge in turn 1 and then the opponent gets a double and wipes me out anyway. Or they get shot to bits before they can disrupt since they're made of paper. They've never really performed like these amazing screens like everyone are talking about.

Bring 2 units of aetherwings, stop charges even in a double turn. Plan ahead.

7 hours ago, PJetski said:

Bring 2 units of aetherwings, stop charges even in a double turn. Plan ahead.

I bring 2, I even said so, but what always happens is that one disrupts turn 1 and the other gets destroyed by shooting or magic and then I get doubled and destroyed.