AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 minutes ago, crkhobbit said:

Can you ru

Can you run it as a LConSD?  There was a list that got 8th at BrisVegas that I thought was cool.  He had LAoGC and more seqs instead of libs, but points changed so:
180 LA on foot
120 LCastellant
560 LC on SD
440 Seq x20
200 Libsx5x2
440 Evo x10
60 Cogs

That's something I could look into, but I'd probably still stick with the Drakesworn and just toss in Everblaze instead.

6 hours ago, Lucur said:

Just browsed tha Vanguard-Palladors warscroll, is it possible (raw, i'm not considering moral issues here ;) ) to use the lunar blade after a shooting attack with an enemy within 1"? Because, that's what i read there.

RAW yes this works. The ability says "Each time a model armed with a Lunar Blade attacks" and "Attacking" is defined as being picked to shoot or fight. Since the Lunar Blade has no profile it is not a melee or missile weapon, it is just an ability, so it will activate every time you fight and every time you shoot.

Going to a small 3-round tournament this weekend. The list below is constructed according to what models I have painted, so I cannot really change them. I would have wanted to replace the castigators and the battalion with more bodies, but as said, it's not an option at the moment.

I usually put the ballistas, castigators and lord-ordinator into celestial realm to get them into a good firing position on round one. On top of that I usually leave the third unit of sequitors (that is not in the battalion) in reserve too, to force the opponent to leave units to his backlines to protect the objective(s) there.

What do you think of the Artefact/Trait/Spell choices? What about swapping the Phalanx to the Battery? What kind of "general strategy" would you use with this list?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (220)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Scrolls of Power (Artefact): Scroll of Condemnation
- Spell: Chain Lightning
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Stormcaller
Lord-Ordinator (140)
5 x Sequitors (130)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 2x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Evocators (220)
- 2x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades
5 x Evocators (220)
- 2x Grandstaves
6 x Castigators (160)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Cleansing Phalanx (120)
Quicksilver Swords (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tom_gore said:

Going to a small 3-round tournament this weekend. The list below is constructed according to what models I have painted, so I cannot really change them. I would have wanted to replace the castigators and the battalion with more bodies, but as said, it's not an option at the moment.

I usually put the ballistas, castigators and lord-ordinator into celestial realm to get them into a good firing position on round one. On top of that I usually leave the third unit of sequitors (that is not in the battalion) in reserve too, to force the opponent to leave units to his backlines to protect the objective(s) there.

What do you think of the Artefact/Trait/Spell choices? What about swapping the Phalanx to the Battery? What kind of "general strategy" would you use with this list?

- General
Knight-Incantor (140)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord-Ordinator (140)
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Evocators (220)
- 2x Grandstaves
5 x Evocators (220)
- 2x Grandstaves
6 x Castigators (160)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Cleansing Phalanx (120)
Quicksilver Swords (30)

Ordinator wont do much help with just 2 ballistas. To be gonest, imo, castigators suck. Id drop them a d put in another ballista to make the ordinator worth while. Also, maybe drop out one of the incantors to bolster up a unit of sequitors to a unit of 10, that damage output is nothing to laugh at when they are empowered. you can already use the evos to unbind so thats 4 unbinds. Unless the tournemant meta is heavy on spell casting lists then maybe keep the second one. Great list though, i love cleansing phalanx myself 

Imo if you run phalanx you want to run larger Sequitor squads to benefit from reroll everything more. If you're only running min squads the battery is the better choice (although the equal amount of points in ballistae and Ordinator is more efficient).

Edited by Lucur

@TalunusLike I said, these are the models I have painted (and built) at the moment and I don't intend to try to speed paint any more before the tournament. So while suggestions of adding/replacing models into this list are welcome, they have no impact on the list for this particular tournament.

Lucur, thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely consider swapping the Phalanx out for the Battery. Unfortunately ballistae cannot still be fielded at more than 1 per unit, so that leaves the other ballista out of the battalion.

Hi there,

I posted a 1000 point list a few weeks back and got some decent feedback on it - I'm new to Aos, and I won a game and lost a game with the list. In a couple weeks, this small league is going to bump up to 2,000 points. Again, I'm not especially looking for all-out optimization, mainly fun but with a good chance of winning a few games. How does this sound?

1 x Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (220)

-General

1 x Lord Castellant (120)

1 x Lord Celestant on Stardrake (560)

10 x Sequitors (260)

- 5 maces

10 x Sequitors (260)

- 5 maces

5 x Sequitors (130)

- 3 maces

5 x Evocators (220)

- Grandmaces

5 x Evocators (220)

- Grandmaces

Total 1990 pts, haven't entirely figured out spells yet but I generally want to go with Hammers of Sigmar just because I've painted them that way. I've heard Anvils are generally best though.

• Like 1

Anvils aren't generally best.  Anvils in combination with certain units/sizes/playstyle is possibly the best Stormcast list.

For your list, I wouldn't choose a Stormhost.  I would just take the Staunch Defender warlord trait, and maybe Ignax's Scales for the artefact on your stardrake.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, Maturin said:

Swords are a treat for the eye but unfortunately, they suck (on paper). The reason why is that they wound on 4+. Sure they hit on 3+, but if you go the hammer way, and fight a unit with 5 or more wounds per model, then you hit on 3 and wound on 3, which is better than hitting on 2 and wounding on 4 if you were to fight the same unit with swords.
If you've got yourself a buff, like azyros's, then you can hit on 2+ and wound on 3+ with your hammers.

Azyros makes it so you can reroll 1s to hit, how is that buffing them to hit on a 2?

1 minute ago, Dayman85 said:

Azyros makes it so you can reroll 1s to hit, how is that buffing them to hit on a 2?

Read the previous posts. I mistook the azyris buff with the one given by the Hurricanum.
I'll still take hammers over swords.

Actually, it doesn't really matters......liberator is not a unit that you will expect to do damage in most list.... In most cases,  it is taken for battleline option and might either use it to capture points or as meatshield against not crazy attacks.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Actually, it doesn't really matters......liberator is not a unit that you will expect to do damage in most list....

It does if all you have are liberators :D. My first local tournament I HAD to play with what I owned. And that was 2x10liberators. I wish I had access to Azyros rerolls :)

Just now, Maturin said:

It does if all you have are liberators :D. My first local tournament I HAD to play with what I owned. And that was 2x10liberators. I wish I had access to Azyros rerolls :)

Well, that's a very different story then, pretty hard to image that nowadays, someone will still take a bunch of liberator as the key unit.

I'm off to Midwest Meltdown in the morning, and rocking 6 dracoths, Im looking forward to seeing how this list is gonna fare after doing quite well in my practice games.

Astral Templars
Castellant - General
Veritant - Bless Weapons
Ordinator
Azyros - Godbeast Plate
Incantor - Halo Spell

3x5 Libs
4xListas
1x6 Desolators

Dias Arcanum

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GlanceOnASix said:

I'm off to Midwest Meltdown in the morning, and rocking 6 dracoths, Im looking forward to seeing how this list is gonna fare after doing quite well in my practice games.

Astral Templars
Castellant - General
Veritant - Bless Weapons
Ordinator
Azyros - Godbeast Plate
Incantor - Halo Spell

3x5 Libs
4xListas
1x6 Desolators

Dias Arcanum

Great list. Are you expecting a monster meta?

1 minute ago, Lucur said:

Wouldn't a Heraldor make sense for the occasional t1 charge?

With the free 6" move from Astral Templars you can get the t1 charge anyway.

Heraldor lets you run and charge, but not run and shoot - one of the most important things about Dracoths is their breath attack.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, tom_gore said:

- General
Knight-Incantor (140)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord-Ordinator (140)
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Sequitors (130)
5 x Evocators (220)
- 2x Grandstaves
5 x Evocators (220)
- 2x Grandstaves
6 x Castigators (160)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Cleansing Phalanx (120)
Quicksilver Swords (30)

I tired the cleansing phalanx for a while and struggled to get any benefit out of it other than reduced drops, CP and artefact (thats good enough though to be fair). With your list your drops are still high so I think for me 10 evocators is better than 2x5 and use the 120 points of the battalion on something else if you have it. Comet would be a good one, always fun in a SC list if you havent bought the model yet.

Paging the pro  @PJetski himself.

Given a choice between the spellweaver and incantor , is there any real reason to take the incantor. Both have auto dispel, but the incantor can suicide charge into a horde for mw output i suppose. Is it worth the extra 40, when all we're doing is casting endless spells with em most of the time?

On 7/25/2019 at 10:03 AM, HammerOfSigmar said:

Actually, it doesn't really matters......liberator is not a unit that you will expect to do damage in most list.... In most cases,  it is taken for battleline option and might either use it to capture points or as meatshield against not crazy attacks.

Idk why the liberator is 100 points. We are WAY past the point of "liberator is the baseline unit in this game". Every other battleline in the game either A. Hits Harder or B. Has more models or wounds to sit on objectives. With WE at 120, Vulkites at 160, Hearthguard at 120 and Monks at 80, Liberator shouldve been 80 points by now. Theyre not elite enough to do damage and not numerous enough to sit and survive anywhere

• Like 2