AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

15 hours ago, Heijoshin said:

So as an update regarding my game tomorrow, here is what I will be up against:

Dark elves (Using the compendium and some Darkling coven, Order Serpantis and shadowblade units)

Leaders: 
Sorceress on Black Dragon- 280pts
- Trait: +1 on save rolls

Dreadlord on Drakespawn- 140 pts
Artefact: After a sucessfull would roll +1 damage from the next turn on (Adds up apparantly)

Assassin - 80 pts

Units: 
10 Executioners - 160pts

15 Dreadspears - 150 pts

15 Darkshards - 150pts

6 Shades - 120 pts

Drakespawn Chariot - 80pts

War Machines: 

Reaperbolt Thrower - 120pts

Reaperbolt Thrower- 120pts

And here is my list atm: 

Stormhost - Hammers of Sigmar

Leaders: 

Lord Arc. on Gryph Charger - General
- CT: We cannot fail
- Art. : God-forged blade
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner

Knight Incantor
- Spell: Stormcaller

Lord Relictor
-Prayer: Translocation

Lord Castellant

Units:

10 Liberators - 2 Grandhammers

10 Sequitors - 5 Greatmaces

5 Evocators
- Spell: Speed of Lightning 

War Machines: 

Celestar Ballista

Celestar Ballista

My worry is that I do not have enough bodies for the objectives because I feel its a very elite army, but I guess that is the curse of Stormcast right? 

Any changes to my list anyone would make? Tips going against Dark Elves? 

Just be careful of her executioners. Those pack a real punch if you let them. Drop in your ballista or both I range of his reapers and simply pick off his crew. Those are the only things with real punch. 

5 hours ago, Turragor said:

I made another list rundown and I kinda like the idea behind it. Critique it so I know what to change before my next tournament: https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/choose-your-own-stormhost-adventure-desolators-edition/

The list is:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

- Stormhost: Astral Templars or Celestial Vindicators or Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders

Drakesworn Templar (460)

- General
- Storm Lance
- Trait: Dauntless Hunters
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate
- Mount Trait: Lithe-limbed

Lord-Castellant (120)

Skink Starpriest (80) OR Excelsior Warpriest (80)

- Allies

Battleline

5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units

6 x Desolators (600)
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 0

Allies: 80 / 400

Wounds: 109 (OR 110)

I know it's a thing at the moment but desolators and drakesworn templar are still pretty subpar and unreliable and the fact that you don't have any meaningful defense against mortal wounds or magic means that you could lose most of your offensive ability to a single endless spell.

You're also going to have to choose between exploding to bravery or doing nowhere near enough damage. If you lose 3 raptors or 2 desolators in the same turn it's pretty much over.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, a quick summary og my game against GW store manager and his Glotkkin list. I lost, but by a narrow margin! Since it's my second game in AOS, I'm still pretty happy about it, he's a good player and his lists are never easy to deal with.

We had the scenario with only two objectives, but the table was cut in diagonal. He had first turn, used the wheel of Nurgle with the spell to let him choose what turn of the wheel he's going to use. He used Nurgle's rain, which was d3 unit hit with d3 mortal wound, he hit my gryph hound for 2w, KIA, my castellat for 3mw and my lictor for 2MW!!! Luckily for me, he didn't do it again, otherwise he could have finished off my 2 heros in damage another one in one turn, even before the game started! I  think I'll just have conceded if it happened. He then run his troops across the field, as he wanted to attack me en force, while his objective was safe with 30 plaguebearers and a Lord of Blights.
As I wanted to have fun and learn I decided to go attack the middle of the board too. In retrospective, I could have made a Stand at my objective, but then it would have been less interesting. So10 libs, charge the Glotkkin, but only the prime with greathammer can touch him, the rest will be piled upon by bloght kings. LCoD, Prosecutors, libs deepstrike. LCoD and Prosecutors (1 GH, 1GA and 1 regular are in base contact with the Glotkkin), sadly libs failed their charge.
I bring his General to 6 Wounds, he kills soms libs with his blightkings, puts my LCoD down to two wounds.

Turn 2, he rolls for iniative, he rolls a 2. I ROLL A FREAKIN 1!!! And with the Special Sigmar dice!!! Where's Sigmar's power when needed!

He then kills my Castellant with magic, although I made him flee at my first turn, he kills my LCoD at the shooting phase, most prosecutors with his blightkings and that's where it was game over for me. After that it was a slow grind. I did manage to kill his Glotkin, his 2x5 Blightkings, but in the end He won since I only had 1 Knight incantor, 1 Lib prime, 1 Lib prime and 1 lib left on the table, while his plaguebearers blob was still intact. He stole my objo with a invocation of a beast of nurgle, so major victory for him( I could have kept my objo for minor loss, but that wasn't interesting, I decided t ogo for fun and charge his beast :D )!

I've learned some stuff yesterday.

First : Deployment and strategy are paramount. I could have won, if I had castled up around my Castellant, healed him with D3 prayer, and put one of my liberator unit inside cover near the objo. But as I charged, the castellant aura was useless, and since he was hurt I wanted him to go kill the invocated nurgling in my backyard.

Second : Divine light is a great tool to make our hits more reliable. I need to fiddle with the lists to find good combinations to maximize hit and wound potential, for even on 3+, unlucky as I am, I often roll 1s and 2s

Third : I need a way to protect my heroes agaisnt MW, but sadly, except Ignax Scale's, there's nothing, right ? Losing my heroes so easily at the very begining of my two games was a bummer, since they're the only ones making my liberator's acceptable.

Anyway thanks for reading and for the tips. I'll face MawKrusha and his goreguntas in a few hours!

17 minutes ago, Maturin said:

I've learned some stuff yesterday.

First : Deployment and strategy are paramount. I could have won, if I had castled up around my Castellant, healed him with D3 prayer, and put one of my liberator unit inside cover near the objo. But as I charged, the castellant aura was useless, and since he was hurt I wanted him to go kill the invocated nurgling in my backyard.

Second : Divine light is a great tool to make our hits more reliable. I need to fiddle with the lists to find good combinations to maximize hit and wound potential, for even on 3+, unlucky as I am, I often roll 1s and 2s

Third : I need a way to protect my heroes agaisnt MW, but sadly, except Ignax Scale's, there's nothing, right ? Losing my heroes so easily at the very begining of my two games was a bummer, since they're the only ones making my liberator's acceptable.

You mean, you had Staunch Defender on your Castellant? If yes, than I recommend to not put all your save buffs on one character

I prefer Azyros for offensive buffs, and using Divine Light as defence buff, especially against opponents that have abilities on 6s (just like Nurgle)

There are some ways to protect from MWs, you can unbind spells, you can play Hammers of Sigmar stormhost for 6+ ward aura, you can take Luminark of Hysh and/or Jade Battlemage and/or Archmage as allies to have 6+ ward saves, Luminark gives an aura that is always active but will shrink as Luminark will take damage, Battlemage has a spell to heal D3 wounds to single unit and give it a ward save and Archmage has a aura spell.

And in such Nurgle match-up you need a way to snipe LoB so later in the game plaguebearers won't be so disgustingly resilient (pun intended) like Longstrikes, or Venator if you fancy the model. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kramer said:

Just be careful of her executioners. Those pack a real punch if you let them. Drop in your ballista or both I range of his reapers and simply pick off his crew. Those are the only things with real punch. 

Fantastic, thank you! Got quite a lot of -1 to hits for those executioners, so that should be ok. 

I'll pick off the crew with the celestar right away. 

In general is it better to go 1st or 2nd do you think, if I get to choose? Or anyone else for that matter) 

29 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

Fantastic, thank you! Got quite a lot of -1 to hits for those executioners, so that should be ok. 

I'll pick off the crew with the celestar right away. 

In general is it better to go 1st or 2nd do you think, if I get to choose? Or anyone else for that matter) 

Depends on the scenario in one part. The other thing to look at is if the reapers are in range of something valuable.

And as always if you are dropping in ballista keep an eye out for targets of opportunit. Such as the reaper crews. 

On 7/11/2019 at 7:45 AM, Heijoshin said:

So as an update regarding my game tomorrow, here is what I will be up against:

Dark elves (Using the compendium and some Darkling coven, Order Serpantis and shadowblade units)

Leaders: 
Sorceress on Black Dragon- 280pts
- Trait: +1 on save rolls

Dreadlord on Drakespawn- 140 pts
Artefact: After a sucessfull would roll +1 damage from the next turn on (Adds up apparantly)

Assassin - 80 pts

Units: 
10 Executioners - 160pts

15 Dreadspears - 150 pts

15 Darkshards - 150pts

6 Shades - 120 pts

Drakespawn Chariot - 80pts

War Machines: 

Reaperbolt Thrower - 120pts

Reaperbolt Thrower- 120pts

By the way, he's list is now illegal for matched play and never been legal to start with

3 hours ago, XReN said:

You mean, you had Staunch Defender on your Castellant? If yes, than I recommend to not put all your save buffs on one character

I prefer Azyros for offensive buffs, and using Divine Light as defence buff, especially against opponents that have abilities on 6s (just like Nurgle)

There are some ways to protect from MWs, you can unbind spells, you can play Hammers of Sigmar stormhost for 6+ ward aura, you can take Luminark of Hysh and/or Jade Battlemage and/or Archmage as allies to have 6+ ward saves, Luminark gives an aura that is always active but will shrink as Luminark will take damage, Battlemage has a spell to heal D3 wounds to single unit and give it a ward save and Archmage has a aura spell.

And in such Nurgle match-up you need a way to snipe LoB so later in the game plaguebearers won't be so disgustingly resilient (pun intended) like Longstrikes, or Venator if you fancy the model. 

Yes I had Staunch Defender on my castellant, I'll never make this mistake again :).
My LCoD didn't shine this game, I might try an Azyros/Relictor/Knight Incantor and castellant next time. Maybe an heraldor too, not being able to charge is a pain in the ...
Thanks for the tips, I just looked at the Lumynark's warscroll and it's a blast!

I think my next list will indeed have 6 or 9 longstrikes.

49 minutes ago, XReN said:

By the way, he's list is now illegal for matched play and never been legal to start with

Why to start with? 

The faq last week took the dreadlord on drakespawn and reapers away. But until then they were legal compendium units. 

26 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Why to start with? 

The faq last week took the dreadlord on drakespawn and reapers away. But until then they were legal compendium units. 

The dreadlord isn't part of darkling covens, yet he gave him darkling's artefact

Edited by XReN

20 hours ago, Turragor said:

I made another list rundown and I kinda like the idea behind it. Critique it so I know what to change before my next tournament: https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/choose-your-own-stormhost-adventure-desolators-edition/

The list is:

- Stormhost: Astral Templars or Celestial Vindicators or Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders

Drakesworn Templar (460)

- General
- Storm Lance
- Trait: Dauntless Hunters
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate
- Mount Trait: Lithe-limbed

Lord-Castellant (120)

Skink Starpriest (80) OR Excelsior Warpriest (80)

- Allies

Battleline

5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units

6 x Desolators (600)
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (340)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 0

Allies: 80 / 400

Wounds: 109 (OR 110)

I'm playing aorund with 6 Desolators as well but do very much miss having Aetheriwngs.  My thoughts, drop the longstrike bows and take 2 units of the rapid fire ones, you can get a bigger spread and more bird coverage, plus point for point the machine gun ones do a lot of work for us.

I'm not a huge fan of the Drakesworn personally, I'd rather have more heros like  a Castellent and Azyros which make the desolator ball just as good as the arrow shot but have more coverage.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, XReN said:

The dreadlord isn't part of darkling covens, yet he gave him darkling's artefact

Oh good catch! I just thought he played order allegiance. But to be honest I let my friends play all the compendium stuff as darkling covens in friendly games as well. So maybe that’s what’s happening here. 

Hey guys.

Just a quick bat rep from today. I lost again, yeah I'm noob. It was against the Iron Jaws this time. I didn't make an error of deployment this time, but I was so castled up, that the big scary Mawkrusha, brutes and Gore guntas juste played the objectives without charging me at all because I was too much of a harden target (1+Rerollable on the libs, 1 + on all my characters).
So by my turn 3, I had to engage or lose my deepstriking units (LCoD, 6 Prosecutors with 1GH and 1 GAxe, 10 Libs). And sadly, Relictor failed both Storm and Divine light, but Knight Incantor succeded at casting Azyrite Halo.
I got off Sigmar's crypt (at least I was fluff, I was protecting our god's holy shrine), charged, everywhere I could.
I killed 2 brutes, he murdered them back, they got wiped out (last one killed by bravery test).
My LCoD did 1 wound and lost 2 or 3 to a warchanter.
My libs did 3 wounds on goreguntas, lost 4 libs. My Knight incantor did 0 wounds on goreguntas! Lictor and castellant weren't engaged in combat.

At his turn 4, I conceded because he was going to destroy me anyway and I had a lot of stuff to do today, told him we could do another game together, just for fun. So here it is boys and girls, I learned it the hard way during my first AOS Tourney.

What I really want to be able to do with my SCE, is to make hit and wound rolls reliable, because as it is, even with my SCE dice infused with Sigmar's power, I keep rolling crappy 1s and 2s. I need to fine the combo, like DArk angels do with Azrael, a Dark shroud and a Primaris lieutenant :V

And in my 3 games, I forgot that enemy units had -1 to hit me with my deepstriked units. Raaaagh, I need to make a "How to not forget your special rules for dummies" warscroll and have it around ym neck during my games!
And I just remembered, that yesterday, I lost my castellant due to a spell, BECAUSE I forgot that my relictor could dispell like a wizard! OH MY ...

photo_2019-07-12_23-03-24.jpg

photo_2019-07-12_23-47-35.jpg

Edited by Maturin
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, XReN said:

14 hours ago, Kramer said:

Oh good catch! I just thought he played order allegiance. But to be honest I let my friends play all the compendium stuff as darkling covens in friendly games as well. So maybe that’s what’s happening here. 

Yeah it was just a friendly game, nothing serious really. 

I had the match yesterday actually. I didn't win, and I was pretty overwhelmed by the tactics of it really as it was my first game. The deepstrikes didn't work out and i t did kinda mess up my positioning. Still, it was hella fun and my units did pretty damn good when they got into a good situation. 

I didn't make good use of the hero buffs and abilities because they were too far back from the actual fighting. 

Overall it was a good lesson and I learnt a lot on what the army is capable of, and what I need to do better next time!

Edited by Heijoshin
Spelling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Heijoshin said:

Yeah it was just a friendly game, nothing serious really. 

I had the match yesterday actually. I didn't win, and I was pretty overwhelmed by the tactics of it really as it was my first game. The deepstrikes didn't work out and i t did kinda mess up my positioning. Still, it was hella fun and my units did pretty damn good when they got into a good situation. 

I didn't make good use of the hero buffs and abilities because they were too far back from the actual fighting. 

Overall it was a good lesson and I learnt a lot on what the army is capable of, and what I need to do better next time!

Good to hear! First games with a new army is always tricky. So much to remember. But most importantly you had fun. Better choices next time and you’ll have a fun rivalry soon enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frostfire said:

Is staunch defender build coming back to its old days now? 

Castellant, Sequitor, Evocator are more expensive now. If it does, then in a heavy Dracoth Build with LCoD General. I'm thinking lantern and staunch + ignax. +2 on Saves and +4 vs mortal wounds Deathstar build.

I'm going to a 46 People, 1 Day, 3 Game 2000p Tournament.

I will bring a Variation of the Aquilorstrike List I posted earlier, which is a Anvilstrike variation I worked on to fit my playstyle more:

Spoiler

- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Lord-Aquilor (180)
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura 
- Artefact: Soulthief 
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner
Lord-Relictor (100)
Knight-Azyros (100)
Spellweaver (100)
- Heartwood Staff
- Allies
Spellweaver (100)
- Heartwood Staff
- Allies
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (110)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Storm Sabres
10 x Evocators (440)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
3 x Aetherwings (50)
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 111

Plan:
Enjoy the hell out of deployment.
I really love this part since I love playing high-drop. I position my Raptors and Wizards after I've seen where everything is, reliably always. Aside the Battleline-Hunters, I only put stuff into reserve on "Escalation" Battleplan and vs other Anvilstrike (the latter is planned, not happened yet). The Hunters can deepstrike 7" away from enemy. 

I swapped Incantor for a second Spellweaver. I realised I basically only used Incantor for her Auto-Dispell and, yes she is way more versatile and can fend for herself nicely, but that seldom matters since it's not her job to fight in most situations, with all the other mechanics of this list in place to protect the Raptors from harm. Even when she went straight into enemy lines to get to pop the flasks, ... it was nice, yea but didn't really matter the course of any of my games so far. Her casting the geminids, unbinding and auto-unbinding on the other hand did matter every. single. game. I though I can get that optimised to 100p, the Spellweaver just does that. Few games with only 2x Spellweaver made me see to focus on the real fun part of the game: Positioning the raptors throughout the game.

2 Repositioning Mechanics:
The Obvious Relictor Prayer ... works... but sometimes not. Luckily you have Liberators and Aetherwings and a double-Spellshield. But still, that can mean whilie you're save, you are not dishing out crucial damage to win later on. You don't score aggressively with this list, you score stategicly. I have 1 Extra CP.  With this you can plan ahead.  Always try Translocation first. If it goes off, then fine. If not, think if you really really need it to go off, sometimes you don't. Keep the CP then. It's open more options next round since you're Anvils of the Heldenhammer. Sometimes I teleport the Relictor himself to a strategic edge near position, then use another hero to activate the raptor shooting, then reposition raptors EOM, shoot, and the relictor is the ticket back. Drop hunters infront for a little Screen and if the Translocation does not work next round, you can think of keeping the CP for End of Movement to collect them again with the Aquilor.  The Aquilor ability is almost battle-field wide : 24" and he can run winds aetheric beforehand.

Worked well in the past,. The Hunter always payed off, which suprised me at first. But now I know: There is always a chance that some of the few (used to be fewer) battleplan with 6" from-edge-objectives comes along in a Tournament. Total Commitment is not so bad anymore, with the Aquilor/Raptor/Hunter flanking 7" from enemy. One mistake or forced event from my Opponent and I got up to 10 Models on that Objective for a CP. I had to cut one unit of Aetherwings though, which still stings me, I love them, best screening unit in the entire game.

Bizarre engough that in some heavy contested games I found myself still dominant, yet unable to get enough horde clearence to score crucial objective points. The other Armies kept melting away and could not threat anything of me, but I could not threat  the objectives, and it is only 5 Rounds in the game. I think I overshot the goal to protect my Raptors. I had Translocation, Aquilor CA and Aetherwings + Screens to keep them save. The Hordes also couldn't do anything, since I either hit them with -1 (sometimes -2 with relictor) to hit from geminids. I need to clean them fast enough and have bodies on the scene, before they retreat out of 3" and still keep the Objective. The Plan now is, to go on more recklessly or nitty gritty with the raptors.  Use them as Bodies more often, teleport them out of combat and so on.
1 Unit of Aetherwing had to go. The upside: 10x Evocator again to help with horde / MSU clearance. I figuered this is what I needed to work on.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 7:49 AM, JaffaBones said:

I'm going to a 46 People, 1 Day, 3 Game 2000p Tournament.

I will bring a Variation of the Aquilorstrike List I posted earlier, which is a Anvilstrike variation I worked on to fit my playstyle more:

Hide contents

- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
Lord-Aquilor (180)
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura 
- Artefact: Soulthief 
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner
Lord-Relictor (100)
Knight-Azyros (100)
Spellweaver (100)
- Heartwood Staff
- Allies
Spellweaver (100)
- Heartwood Staff
- Allies
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (110)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Storm Sabres
10 x Evocators (440)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning
3 x Aetherwings (50)
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 111

Plan:
Enjoy the hell out of deployment.
I really love this part since I love playing high-drop. I position my Raptors and Wizards after I've seen where everything is, reliably always. Aside the Battleline-Hunters, I only put stuff into reserve on "Escalation" Battleplan and vs other Anvilstrike (the latter is planned, not happened yet). The Hunters can deepstrike 7" away from enemy. 

I swapped Incantor for a second Spellweaver. I realised I basically only used Incantor for her Auto-Dispell and, yes she is way more versatile and can fend for herself nicely, but that seldom matters since it's not her job to fight in most situations, with all the other mechanics of this list in place to protect the Raptors from harm. Even when she went straight into enemy lines to get to pop the flasks, ... it was nice, yea but didn't really matter the course of any of my games so far. Her casting the geminids, unbinding and auto-unbinding on the other hand did matter every. single. game. I though I can get that optimised to 100p, the Spellweaver just does that. Few games with only 2x Spellweaver made me see to focus on the real fun part of the game: Positioning the raptors throughout the game.

2 Repositioning Mechanics:
The Obvious Relictor Prayer ... works... but sometimes not. Luckily you have Liberators and Aetherwings and a double-Spellshield. But still, that can mean whilie you're save, you are not dishing out crucial damage to win later on. You don't score aggressively with this list, you score stategicly. I have 1 Extra CP.  With this you can plan ahead.  Always try Translocation first. If it goes off, then fine. If not, think if you really really need it to go off, sometimes you don't. Keep the CP then. It's open more options next round since you're Anvils of the Heldenhammer. Sometimes I teleport the Relictor himself to a strategic edge near position, then use another hero to activate the raptor shooting, then reposition raptors EOM, shoot, and the relictor is the ticket back. Drop hunters infront for a little Screen and if the Translocation does not work next round, you can think of keeping the CP for End of Movement to collect them again with the Aquilor.  The Aquilor ability is almost battle-field wide : 24" and he can run winds aetheric beforehand.

Worked well in the past,. The Hunter always payed off, which suprised me at first. But now I know: There is always a chance that some of the few (used to be fewer) battleplan with 6" from-edge-objectives comes along in a Tournament. Total Commitment is not so bad anymore, with the Aquilor/Raptor/Hunter flanking 7" from enemy. One mistake or forced event from my Opponent and I got up to 10 Models on that Objective for a CP. I had to cut one unit of Aetherwings though, which still stings me, I love them, best screening unit in the entire game.

Bizarre engough that in some heavy contested games I found myself still dominant, yet unable to get enough horde clearence to score crucial objective points. The other Armies kept melting away and could not threat anything of me, but I could not threat  the objectives, and it is only 5 Rounds in the game. I think I overshot the goal to protect my Raptors. I had Translocation, Aquilor CA and Aetherwings + Screens to keep them save. The Hordes also couldn't do anything, since I either hit them with -1 (sometimes -2 with relictor) to hit from geminids. I need to clean them fast enough and have bodies on the scene, before they retreat out of 3" and still keep the Objective. The Plan now is, to go on more recklessly or nitty gritty with the raptors.  Use them as Bodies more often, teleport them out of combat and so on.
1 Unit of Aetherwing had to go. The upside: 10x Evocator again to help with horde / MSU clearance. I figuered this is what I needed to work on.

That Vanguard Hunter unit seemed weird to me. Id rather have a celestian vortex or Quicksilver swords for horde clearance since most hordes you will see are Chaos now. with the exception of gitz

Guys one question: how many prayers can for example a Lord-Relictor do in a single phase? the one from the warscroll plus translocation for example or only one?

And if he can cast both of them (i know the 2 storm can't be casted in the same phase, it is written) where can i find an official rule?

Soz for bad english, hope u can help me.

9 minutes ago, Lionheart said:

Guys one question: how many prayers can for example a Lord-Relictor do in a single phase? the one from the warscroll plus translocation for example or only one?

And if he can cast both of them (i know the 2 storm can't be casted in the same phase, it is written) where can i find an official rule?

Soz for bad english, hope u can help me.

One prayer from the codex, Divine light for ex, and one of his personal prayer.

2 minutes ago, Lionheart said:

Thx for the answer, but there is an official source i can show at my local group? They want it =/

It's in his Data slate. It says he has to choose between one of his two personal abilities, which actually aren't prayers.
Then he can use one prayers.
End of story :)

• Like 1

I've been playing around some more with a Grand Convocation list:

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum (160)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales 
- Spell: Celestial Blades
Lord-Exorcist (120)
- Spell: Lighntning Blast
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Scrolls of Power (Artefact): Storm Scroll
- Spell: Chain Lightning
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Stormcaller
Lord-Castellant (120)

Battleline
20 x Sequitors (440)
- Tempest Blades and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
2 x Concussors (240)

Battalions
Grand Convocation (130)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)
Celestian Vortex (40)
Everblaze Comet (100)
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 97

Here are some thoughts. I've played against Idoneth, Skaven and Flesh-Eater Courts and won them all except against FEC (which was extremely close, I only lost because he won last initiative roll and thus got 1 more point than me on Focal Points, his army was basically dead).  The mainstay of the army is the 2+ save block of Sequitors who can tank and destroy almost anything that charges them. Unless you have a ton of mortal wounds or a ton of rend -2 attacks you're not going to kill this unit, and they are going to kill you. The exception is of course if several Terrorgheists charge them at the same time, then they're dead. I have Ignax's Scales on the Arcanum to make sure the Staunch Defender is not sniped. I've played around with the Storm Scroll as my second artifact, there are almost always 6 enemy units which would be good to hit with it; support heroes, monsters that can be degraded, small screens that could be softened up to get to the juicy stuff behind the screen. I've never been disappointed in the Storm Scroll, it always hits something useful.

Having 2 Dispel Scrolls is godlike and wins games. The wizards are actually really good in combat. The Comet combined with Geminids is great for sniping characters and weakening the opponents army, making their charge into the Sequitors basically suicide. The Purple Sun has continually disappointed me, it has so far managed to kill 5 Ghouls, make a Stormfiend flee and killed 3 of my own Sequitors. When you have to move up and charge the opponents it just gets in the way and will probably kill you as much as it will kill the enemy. It should in theory be really good against Fyreslayers though, so it should be good to keep around. The Celesitan Vortex's range has not impressed me. It's mostly there to serve as a tool against shooting armies, but the 1" range on damage dealing is so bad, it's only a 21" threat range so it's not usuable in round 1. If you face a shooting army it just removes a spell from an opposing wizard as they will just dispel it before their shooting phase so the -1 to hit doesn't do anything. Maybe I should just run Quicksilver Swords to snipe Chaos heroes? 

The 2-man unit of Concussors are really good. They move up the flank and take lightly defended points. The enemy has to commit heavy damage to kill them as 10 wounds with 3+ save re-rolling 1s aren't going to be killed by some 4+ 4+ no rend attacks. The army lacks in mobility and objective playing, it deals heavy damage in the hero phase and combat phase and tanks charges like no one else, but without any teleports or fast units you just can't win the late game objective game against a faster enemy. I've been considering exchanging the Concussors and a spell for 3 3-man units of Prosecutors, but then you move up to 8 drops which is a major disadvantage compared to only having 6. How would you go about improving the mobility of the army without compromising the theme or the tanky Sequitor block?

Edited by Marzillius
  • Like 1

Hey Stormbros!

Just wanted to ask any strategy tips/hints for the end of or GW store's Forbidden Power Campaign, I have a chance to win the thing, but im facing an army I lost to at 1000 points, a FEC Blisterskin list.  Basically all he uses is Flayers, ghoul king,  Infernal Courtier with the hexstone deal, and the Chalice endless spell.  My army is mostly set due to what ive taken before/what will almost certainly win the painting competition, it includes:

Lord Ordinator (general) with the realmstone wand making him a caster with plus 2 to cast

Knight Azeros (i was planning on taking verdant mantle for the endless spell dispel)

Lord Exorcist

Lord Arcanum on foot

Celestant Prime

2 Ballistas

2 Units of Evocators (one all blades and one 4 staves and one blade)

3 liberator units

Comet

Celestian Vortex

Soulsnare Shackles.

Main idea was try and slow him down with the shackles, deepstrike the liberators in to serve as chaff to hold them back a turn or two, and shoot/cast as long as I can, get the Evocators to counter charge and targer the Courtier (I killed him last game) than bring in the prime turn two to take on the king.   Any thoughts?  (was thinking on consummate commander for a trait)

Edited by Stormblood