AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Just now, HammerOfSigmar said:

I think you underestimate the paws, on a successful charge with the LAoCD, nearby the paws gives 10 attack with 2+ 3+ -1 D3 each,   that's some pretty huge for me, you can further stack the empower and CV's command ability on it to make it more deadly.  

hmm maybe ill dust them off and experiment some

1 hour ago, jhamslam said:

Dump the ballista and the relictor and fill in a unit of longstrikes or judicators with a unit of aetherwings

If I don't have longstrikes or judicators, which unit would you recommend buying first? If you mean take aetherwings with judicators too, then I guess I'm picking up longstrikes first lol.

2 hours ago, Sleepa said:

Honestly I agree with this, but what I'm wondering now PJetski, is; what do you think is better in a CV Dracoline list?

A Knight Incantor with Cogs, or a Knight Incantor with Purple Sun and some other endless spell like Palisade or Swords?

Cogs are great for rerolling saves, but the Incantor is not a reliable caster. I would bring in something like an Enchantress to reroll the 7+ cast.

Purple Sun will backfire every time if you are playing with a lot of melee units.

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

basically I only have the units from Soul Wars... would Longstrikes or Judicators be a better expansion purchase?  Or buy some Liberators for a cheap 3rd battleline and run Castigators until I expand more?

Juds will give you your required battle line.

10 hours ago, Black Blade said:

I disagree and I think the Drac guard drops were needed and improved them. 300 of less damage than foot evos. MW spam is so prevalent I never take them at 300

Edit: even without MW their armor is close to tissue paper for their cost

Evocators on foot 220, evolines 300.

idk man.. maybe? 

Even if you get more models per point and probably a little more dmg output (don’t know the numbers) 

however don’t forget that the evolines has great mobility, and re-roll charge from start. And that is for sure worth some points. 

The issue with Dracolines is the amount of  support they need to make sure that points investment pays off. You certainly want a Heraldor, so you don't get bogged down. As mentioned above, their save is mediocre, so you want a Castellant (with cycle of the storm you might actually get to heal a wound occasionally). You most certainly run a Lord Arcanum on Dracoline for the +1hit on claws, you might either want Staunch Defender from that, as you have to spread that hit bubble anyways, or (imo preferrably) CV for +1 to attacks. Then it's a small jump to Cogs for rerollable saves and two spells (celestial blades + empower. Hit on 2+ rr1 with claws, wound on 2s rerolling for all wounds? Yes, please).

Now we're looking at 1100 points of kitty death. But from my experience you can't really go below that, if you want them to truely carry your game.

Edited by Lucur
  • Like 1

I don't think it is necessary to stack things to improve the defence of EVO on dracoline if you stack things to improve its damage output considerably already. EVO on dracoline is an upgraded version of EVO on foot from my point of view, so will you stack a lot buff to improve the EVO's defence?  In most cases, if you can delete or  severely wounded the enemy unit able to attack you, you don't need to worry too much about its fight back. 

By the way, the pride leader is "Add 1 to hits rolls for attacks made by friendly dracoline units while they are wholly within 9" of this model", although I think gw means add 1 to hit rolls for claws, but from this description alone, it seems to me that the grandstave is also affected.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

I don't think it is necessary to stack things to improve the defence of EVO on dracoline if you stack things to improve its damage output considerably already. EVO on dracoline is an upgraded version of EVO on foot from my point of view, so will you stack a lot buff to improve the EVO's defence?  In most cases, if you can delete or  severely wounded the enemy unit able to attack you, you don't need to worry too much about its fight back. 

By the way, the pride leader is "Add 1 to hits rolls for attacks made by friendly dracoline units while they are wholly within 9" of this model", although I think gw means add 1 to hit rolls for claws, but from this description alone, it seems to me that the grandstave is also affected.

Agree. They are a fast punchy unit. Just a heraldor and CV for +1 attacks is good to smash into almost anything then delete it.

If i want tanky calvary i would look at Fulminators

• Like 1

I've been debating over how to make changes to my cleansing phalanx lists. I'll post them below and if you guys could give me your opinions I would really appreciate it!

List 1:

LAoCG (general)

Lord ordinator 

Castellant 

Lord Relictor 

1x10 sequitors 

2x5 sequitors 

2x5 evocators

Cleansing phalanx 

3x ballistas 

Oooor list 2 that drops my ballistas but adds more bodies and support 

LAoGC (general 

Knight heraldor

Castellant 

Knight venator (help snipe)

1x10 sequitors 

2×5 sequitors (or I can make another 1x10 and have 2 heavy hitters in the cleansing phalanx)

2X5 judicators

2x5 evocators 

Cleansing phalanx

I really hate to lose the damage output from the ballistas however I like having the heraldor to be able to run and charge my 10 brick of sequitors on turn one while my 2x5s go for objectives...its a debacle... what do you guys think? I didn't put any host or artifacts cuzz that comes next!

• Like 1

I'm currently testing this Anvilstrike Variation:

Avil Stormhost
Aquilor 180
-General, Soulthief
Relictor 100
-Translocation
Azyros 100
Incantor 140
-Chain Lightning
Spellweaver 100

2x 5x Libs 200
1x 5x Hunter 110

1x 9x Longstrikes 510
2x 3x Aetherwings 100

1x 5x Evocator 220 
1x 5x Seqs 130

1x Geminids 60
+50 CP
2000p // 112 Wounds

The Aquilor and the CP is last resort teleporting, basically my Vexilor. Instant "yoursafe", no questions asked.
I cringe rolling for a conditional teleport. ... that prayer. It feels like it's ever due for me to get translocation off. Luckily teleporting isn't the only win condition of this list, you can get by with good placement more often than not. But careful, you only pay for one Aquilor Teleport off the go. Very rarely you have a unused CP with this list, gotta think that through.  All in all, this makes the Longstrikes survive easily.

I also like fiddling the idea to swap seqs & geminids for Palladors. Then another option opens to snipe 5-8 Wnd Heros by flanking and charging 7" with Aquilor+Pallador now a mere 360p. The Aquilor CA is basically battlefield wide. You can always run Winds Aetheric beforehand, to catch the palladors in that 48" bubble, then trigger the CA.

I struggled against Tzeentch Changehost mass Horror and Skaven. How the F do we play against Skaven?? That faction is so damn annoying. What to even kill? Everything seems disposable, it's just so many.

I have a two day tournament coming up and want to take that Aquilor list or some variation below. I'm very undecided:

Avil Stormhost
Draco Arcanum 220
- General, Pride Leader, Soulthief, Celestial Blades
Relictor 100
- Translocation
Azyros 100
Incantor 140
- Chain Lightning
Spellweaver 100
Heraldor 100

2x 5x Libs 200
1x 5x Seqs 130

1x 9x Longstrikes 510
2x 3x Aetherwings 100

1x 3x Draco Evocator 300

2000p // 107 Wounds

Any suggestions or opinion welcome!

Edited by JaffaBones
Typo in unit size

So i dont know where im going with this lol any help/suggestions to get this to a workable 2k? Edit: everything except for the EvoCats can be swapped/shuffled

- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (220)
- General
- Trait: Single-minded Fury 
- Artefact: Stormrage Blade 
- Spell: Celestial Blades
- Mount Trait: Pride Leader
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord-Ordinator (140)

5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Liberators (100)

3 x Evocators on Dracolines (300)

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1520 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 9
Wounds: 81

Edited by Malakithe

3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

So i dont know where im going with this lol any help/suggestions to get this to a workable 2k? Edit: everything except for the EvoCats can be swapped/shuffled

- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (220)
- General
- Trait: Single-minded Fury 
- Artefact: Stormrage Blade 
- Spell: Celestial Blades
- Mount Trait: Pride Leader
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord-Ordinator (140)

5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Liberators (100)

3 x Evocators on Dracolines (300)

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 1520 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 9
Wounds: 81

The lord ordinator doesn't break even on paying for himself until you have 3 ballista. So you could drop him and take a 3rd ballista, or you could drop the knight incator+comet for 2 more balista. 

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

How good/bad are Liberators with sword/shield? I have a Leena Stormspire and I'd like to run her as the Prime, since KQ statline doesn't look very appealing for the points.

I use them as screens for my ballista or to hold something up in 5man squads. They actually did very good in a local tournament this weekend. They dont kill anything, but they hold the line against something that isnt a big ass hammer unit

• Thanks 1