AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Hi!

I've wanted to try a Stardrake list for a while now.

What do you guys think of this:

Leaders:

Lord Celestant on Stardrake, general, staunch defender, smouldering helm, storm-winged

Lord-Castellant

Knight incantor, speed of lightning

Lord Arcanum, celestial blades

Knight heraldor

Battleline:

Liberator 5

Judicator 5x2

Other:

Desolators 4

Endless spells

Everblaze comet

2k on the nose with the new points changes. 

2 minutes ago, Naprapaten said:

Hi!

I've wanted to try a Stardrake list for a while now.

What do you guys think of this:

Leaders:

Lord Celestant on Stardrake, general, staunch defender, smouldering helm, storm-winged

Lord-Castellant

Knight incantor, speed of lightning

Lord Arcanum, celestial blades

Knight heraldor

Battleline:

Liberator 5

Judicator 5x2

Other:

Desolators 4

Endless spells

Everblaze comet

2k on the nose with the new points changes. 

there isn't a lot of sense to take a lord arcanum if you don't take sequitors as battleline. Take a knight incantor instead, or, if you really want the -1 to hit, the lord relictor. It give you enough  points to replace the desolators by fulminators, who are the heraldor's best friend.

12 minutes ago, ledha said:

there isn't a lot of sense to take a lord arcanum if you don't take sequitors as battleline. Take a knight incantor instead, or, if you really want the -1 to hit, the lord relictor. It give you enough  points to replace the desolators by fulminators, who are the heraldor's best friend.

Mainly taking him for the cycle of storm, d3 arcane bolt. 

But i get what you are saying.

Cheers for the feedback

Hello evryone! Sorry if my english is not perfect but i'll try my best!

I'm a new player of AOS and i just bought the SC! Stormcast Vanguard, and i want to slowly build a 2k list around that models, for the moment i aim to be atleast competitive in the local tourneys.

The list is:

• Allegiance: Anvils of the Heldenhammer
  • Lord Aquilor: General, Deathly Aura, Wind Runner
  • Knight Azyros: Soulthief
  • Knight Venator: Luckstone
  • Lord Castellant
  • Lord Relictor: Translocation
  • Neave Blacktalon
  • 3 x 5 Vanguard Hunters (storm sabre?)
  • 3 x 3 Vanguard Raptors with Longstrike Crossbow 
  • 2 x 3 Aetherwings
  • 1 x 3 Palladors (Starstrike Javelin?)
  • Battalion: Blacktalon's Shadowhammers

I saw lot of lists using the celestant-prime instead of the battalion, is it rly much better?

Thanks for the attention and for the help :)

(I did the math on the new GBH2019, should be an exact 2k points list)

40 minutes ago, Lucur said:

Especially as Anvils you want to combine the Longstrikes to one squad.

Oh u opened my eyes there, ofc it's alot better, now i understand! thx mate :)

42 minutes ago, Lucur said:

Also remember Neave is always Hammers of Sigmar.

Do u think it's better play it as knight-Zephyros? (maybe with the soul thief artefact)

42 minutes ago, Lucur said:

Blacktalon's Shadowhammer has no points in the GHB, might be illegal?

So, at the end of  the day, it's just better to play the celestant prime version of this list?

Really thx for the answer :) :) 

5 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Places of Arcane Power: The same except wizards no longer capture. Just heroes. So bye bye units which are wizards.

More Evocator nerfs 👍

That's probably for the best, it was seriously unfair to armies without easy access to WIZARDs.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm gonna be playing a game against a Blade sof Khorne army for our local league and I'm trying to think of a list to run. It's a 1000 point game, using GHB2018 still. The Battleplan is Take and Hold. I've been thinking of running a heavily defensive list to turtle up at my objective and hope I can go second in the last turn and try to translocate and charge into his objective.

With that in mind, this is the idea I'm curretly mulling. My main concern is that it has zero MW protection and I don't think I could handle a Bloodthirster.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light (Artefact): Lantern of the Tempest
Lord-Arcanum (180)
- General
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
20 x Sequitors (400)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 9x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows

Total: 940 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 67

Can I get some opinions/ideas?

1 hour ago, kuroyume said:

Hi everyone, I'm gonna be playing a game against a Blade sof Khorne army for our local league and I'm trying to think of a list to run. It's a 1000 point game, using GHB2018 still. The Battleplan is Take and Hold. I've been thinking of running a heavily defensive list to turtle up at my objective and hope I can go second in the last turn and try to translocate and charge into his objective.

With that in mind, this is the idea I'm curretly mulling. My main concern is that it has zero MW protection and I don't think I could handle a Bloodthirster.

Can I get some opinions/ideas?

I'd suggest dropping the Castellant and swapping in Gavriel Sureheart. Take the Hammers of Sigmar Stormhost. That gives you a 6+ FNP Save against unsaved wounds as well as mortal wounds. Gavriel will let you make the charge on the turn you teleport, but if you want the absolutely guarantee the teleport, you'd probably want to sub the Relictor out for a Vexillor.  You may as well downgrade the Judicators to Liberators, and add a Ballista while still using the old points values, because it can whittle down the BT from 36" away.

On 6/20/2019 at 5:46 PM, ledha said:

Do you think it's feasible with a celestant on stardrake instead of a drakesworn ?

I mean probably. I took Templar with Tempest Axe to further mess about my opponent on top of all the other non conventional nonsense.

The main reason a Stardrake is in there is the +1 to cast, and to have a big foot print to protect the Wizards. The only difference with the Celestant is the Thundershield and Command Ability. You can give both the same artifacts, both have same no of wounds etc. Celestant might have better attacking weapons but it’s marginal.

In a list like this where the real damage comes from stupid abilities and spells I’d rather just take more screening units than splash out for an economy class upgrade to the Stardrake.

How does this look for a 1k run? I have a Castellant, LAoGC, and 9 Castigators to play around with as well. I was thinking about dumping the Evos for the castis to be ranged heavy since this list is a bit static.

Lord-Arcanum (160)
- General
Lord-Relictor (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
5 x Sequitors (130)
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (130)
- 2x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Evocators (220)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Total: 990 / 1000

8 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

How does this look for a 1k run? I have a Castellant, LAoGC, and 9 Castigators to play around with as well. I was thinking about dumping the Evos for the castis to be ranged heavy since this list is a bit static.

Lord-Arcanum (160)
- General
Lord-Relictor (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)
5 x Sequitors (130)
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (130)
- 2x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Evocators (220)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Total: 990 / 1000

Dump the ballista and the relictor and fill in a unit of longstrikes or judicators with a unit of aetherwings

4 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Well.... they cannot, if they do, the evos on foot and dracothian guard will become useless in many cases.... I think they are good at 300 already

I disagree and I think the Drac guard drops were needed and improved them. 300 of less damage than foot evos. MW spam is so prevalent I never take them at 300

Edit: even without MW their armor is close to tissue paper for their cost

Edited by Black Blade

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

No, they're a really good unit for their cost.

Honestly I agree with this, but what I'm wondering now PJetski, is; what do you think is better in a CV Dracoline list?

A Knight Incantor with Cogs, or a Knight Incantor with Purple Sun and some other endless spell like Palisade or Swords?

15 minutes ago, Black Blade said:

I disagree and I think the Drac guard drops were needed and improved them. 300 of less damage than foot evos. MW spam is so prevalent I never take them at 300

Edit: even without MW their armor is close to tissue paper for their cost

I think you underestimate the paws, on a successful charge with the LAoCD, nearby the paws gives 10 attack with 2+ 3+ -1 D3 each,   that's some pretty huge for me, you can further stack the empower and CV's command ability on it to make it more deadly.  

• Like 2