AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

21 hours ago, PJetski said:

Prosecutors are surprisingly efficient now, at least in small squads where the Prime can get the Trident. They're not as good as Hurricane Raptors, slightly better than Crossbow Judicators, but they are much faster, easier to use, and a little bit more durable in terms of points/wound and reroll save1.

Maybe there's a potential list here with 20x Judicators and 3x3 Prosecutors in a Vanguard Wing? You could go Anvils to double tap the Judicators

VW with 20 Judis - Crossbows, 3x MW Crossbows, Shockbolt on a prime. Buff with bless weapons+ celestial blades - translocate in somewhere. This will be a mini kunnin rukk lol

Edited by Qrepin

8 minutes ago, Qrepin said:

VW with 20 Judis - Crossbows, 3x MW Crossbows, Shockbolt on a prime. Buff with bless weapons+ celestial blades - translocate in somewhere. This will be a mini kunnin rukk lol

12" range on Crossbows and only getting bonus shots if you don't move makes this impractical. You would have to drop them into play, which means you wont have them on the table in the hero phase for buffing.

Celestial Blades only works on melee attacks.

1 minute ago, PrimeElectrid said:

That’s actually quite tempting as a delivery system for a knight incantor.

Maybe not the most useful thing in a Stormcast army since we have multiple ways to teleporting around, but I could see it being used as an Ally in armies that lack fast wizards and need a dispel scroll (Fyreslayers?)

Edited by PJetski

11 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Maybe not the most useful thing in a Stormcast army since we have multiple ways to teleporting around, but I could see it being used as an Ally in armies that lack fast wizards and need a dispel scroll (Fyreslayers?)

Hm, I kinda agree with @PrimeElectrid here. Being able to surprise move the Incantor 12" and smash vials on a horde or small hero with a few wound remaining, especially if you don't need to focus on dispels any longer, is a pretty baller move. I don't think I'd specifically make room for it, though, but 30 points left over is not that uncommon, or 40 now that Geminids are up.

@PJetski @Requizen yeah I’m looking at it from the perspective of; I have 30 points spare, no Translocation, and my Incantor is on the board to dispel and not in the sky.

It’s this or Swords, and this gets him moving around. An Incantor on a Dais could conceivably tag-team with a LAoGC into a hero, wounded monster (FEC?), or a unit holding an objective. 

25 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Is it worth giving up a spell cast, though? 

I think I would always rather have the swords.

Depends. The book spells are nothing special, and the Incantor warscroll spell is... eh. If there's no busted Realm Spell or you're not using Realms, I often just have her end up casting Mystic Shield, and I can see a variety of situations where giving her a 2+ and 12" fly is worth giving that up. 

But that's just preference, I'm actually just glad there's multiple choices that are all reasonable.

I am absolutely loving the posts about Desolators I've been seeing.  I've been playing with Astral Templars and Listas, but kept finding thundercats and other units not durible enough to stick around for a while.

Ill be trying this over the next week or so:
Hamilcar (Castallent)
Ordinator
Azyros
2xIncantor (Blades/Halo)

3x5 Libs

4xListas

6 Desolators

34 minutes ago, frostfire said:

So what's your thought on the mercenary companies? The rampage guys seem to be good screening or scoring unit. But they cost a  CP which is considerable for our CP lacking army.

Good if you dont need CP immediately. So Hammers or Celestial Vindicators maybe
Anvils needs CP like immediately  so nah

Edited by jhamslam

All the Order ones we can just ally in anyways, and most of the other ones we can ally in equivalents to or better versions of from other Order armies. Our Ally Matrix being "yes" basically makes it moot, unless you specifically want a certain model. And a lot of them we have similar units within SCE units.

The only one I could see an argument for would be the Lichemaster Company as an alternative to Skinks - less mobile screens, but more hitty and you get some back per turn with the basic Deathly Invocation. So that's... fine. 

34 minutes ago, Requizen said:

The only one I could see an argument for would be the Lichemaster Company as an alternative to Skinks - less mobile screens, but more hitty and you get some back per turn with the basic Deathly Invocation. So that's... fine. 

Real talk, are skinks even useful anymore? At 60 they were fine, but at 70? Eternal guard are just as numerous and muucch better, tankier and cost the same

Edited by jhamslam

8 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Real talk, are skinks even useful anymore? At 60 they were fine, but at 70? Eternal guard are just as numerous and muucch better, tankier and cost the same

In my opinion, one good thing about skinks that should not be forgetten is that they can retreat in combat phase, which can possibly serve some delay strategy.

• Like 1

Nah, Skinks are still good. Brave 10 means they basically always stay, a bit of shooting for chipping off a wound or two, and the retreat instead of fighting is bonkers. Especially if you need to snag a late game objective - move up, charge a unit, run away first, get on objective -> victory.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Nah, Skinks are still good. Brave 10 means they basically always stay, a bit of shooting for chipping off a wound or two, and the retreat instead of fighting is bonkers. Especially if you need to snag a late game objective - move up, charge a unit, run away first, get on objective -> victory.

how many do you need to take for screening though, with a 6+ save and 1 wound, is 10 worth it at 70pts now?

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

how many do you need to take for screening though, with a 6+ save and 1 wound, is 10 worth it at 70pts now?

I guess it'll depend on points. Even with Skinks in my list, I was often left with 10-30 points before, so I assume those lists won't change overmuch. 

I did for a while run a 40 Skink unit to be just a wall of screening, back when there was a discount for size. At 280, that's a bit of an ask, but you can literally line up the deployment zone with it, which is something. 

It's hard to put a price on a unit that you don't care about living, which takes up space and screws up combat activations. They were very worth at 60 points, I don't think 10 points breaks that for small units. I doubt I'd take more than 20 in a list, though. 

Well also to a not small extent avainst many armies

10 wounds with a 6+ save isnt much different fro. 10 wounds with a 4+ save as both will die to a single round of combat from most killy units. 

So in the case of skinks you are paying for the cheapest 10 bases you can find. So while as long as skinks are cheapest at 70 they are your best screening option. 

More over the power of skinks is also that the unit has to be attacked first, as it can just walk away and be safe thus keeping the screen intact. 

4 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

While i still don't understand it, khorne players considered the bloodreavers, who have this exact profile, as worthwile.

Skinks blow them out of the water both in speed, utility, resilience and objective game.

So yeah, even at 70 pts, skinks are good

Looking for some input  on how to convert my existing fairly casual list to GH 2019 standards since I'm now 90 pts over with the new points.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum (180)
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura 
- Artefact: Soulthief 
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Heraldor (100)

Battleline
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Units
10 x Evocators (400)
- 10x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Celestial Blades
3 x Evocators on Dracolines (300)
- 2x Grandstaves

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 121

One way to go is to reduce the 10 x Sequitors to 5 x but I feel it's a very good target for my Evocators to buff and it leaves me at a not so very sexy 1960 pts. Another concern is at 130 pts the 5 group sequitors doesn't look that great anymore but maybe that's just me. So I feel there's could be a lot of moves to be made in my with my battle lines but not quite sure what to do. I also think that removing the Incantor could be an option since I feel a lot of the times I don't achieve much with it. Of course there are times when the auto unbind is nice to have (looking at you Mindrazor ^^) 

Any input would be greatly appreciated here guys. Thanks in advance.

40 minutes ago, Nox said:

Looking for some input  on how to convert my existing fairly casual list to GH 2019 standards since I'm now 90 pts over with the new points.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum (180)
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura 
- Artefact: Soulthief 
Knight-Incantor (140)
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Heraldor (100)

Battleline
10 x Sequitors (240)
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Units
10 x Evocators (400)
- 10x Grandstaves
3 x Evocators on Dracolines (300)
- 2x Grandstaves

War Machines
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Everblaze Comet (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 121

One way to go is to reduce the 10 x Sequitors to 5 x but I feel it's a very good target for my Evocators to buff and it leaves me at a not so very sexy 1960 pts. Another concern is at 130 pts the 5 group sequitors doesn't look that great anymore but maybe that's just me. So I feel there's could be a lot of moves to be made in my with my battle lines but not quite sure what to do. I also think that removing the Incantor could be an option since I feel a lot of the times I don't achieve much with it. Of course there are times when the auto unbind is nice to have (looking at you Mindrazor ^^) 

Any input would be greatly appreciated here guys. Thanks in advance.

Since you are not using cleansing phalanx, you can consider change the sequitors into liberators

29 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

How much points do 20 sequitors cost now?

Sequitors went up by 10 pts per 5 and keep their discount for full unit. That's 440.

I find it hard to decide between two units of Prosecutors or one unit of Palladors to sate my needs for harassment and objective grabbing. I feel the Palladors are better for quickly taking out weak back units bit have to commit harder, while Prosecutors with Javelins have actually quite good damage output at range. Thoughts?