AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Hi,

Noob SCE player here trying to craft a 2k point list and hoping for some community wisdom.

My question is this:  I hear quite a lot about how Stormcast lack cheap screening/chaff units. Is it worth piling in 400 points worth of cheap allied infantry? I'm thinking 40 corsairs at 240 points for instance. Or a wall of Eternal Guard with Fortress of Boughs protecting a gunline. Waves of skinks? The little voice in my head tells me I could have 2 KO frigates now too - imagine them guarding a gunline that can shoot through them! But that little voice is rarely correct..

Or is it better to spend those 400 points on more Stormcast? 

So @PJetski
Would it be something like this:

Astral Templars

Lord-Castellant - General
Lord-Ordinator
Knight-Heraldor
Knight Incantor - Blades
Knight Incantor - Halo

5x Liberators - Grandhammer

6x Desolators

Ballista
Ballista
Ballista
Ballista

Should leave us then at 1980pts.

Doesn't look to bad right?

Also was looking at the stardrake:
@Requizen

Lord-Celestant on Stardrake - Staunch Defender, Ignax scales
Lord- Castellant
Lord-Ordinator
Knight - Incantor
Hurricanum

Ballista
Ballista
Ballista
Ballista

Should leave us then at 2000pts

Edited by FattBooM666

I've been reading this for a few days. If I want a unit of 9 Longstrike Raptors. Does the box  come with 2 generic guys, and then the boss guy? Would I need 4 boxes to get the unit of 9? Easy to convert the boss guy in to a generic guy?

2 minutes ago, Boggler said:

I've been reading this for a few days. If I want a unit of 9 Longstrike Raptors. Does the box  come with 2 generic guys, and then the boss guy? Would I need 4 boxes to get the unit of 9? Easy to convert the boss guy in to a generic guy?

You can build 3 normal Longstrikes with the kit - they have the same body as the Hurricanes after all

I have 9 guys built with 3 Primes, in case I ever want to run them in smaller squads. I painted the birds different colours and always let my opponent know which one is the actual leader.

1 hour ago, Boggler said:

Thanks, What about the bases? The boss guy is a round base and the others are the ovals. Does this matter? Magnetize it?

For Longstrike, prime must be put on round base and normal guys must be put on oval base.

For me, I buy 4 boxes of them. 2 primes and 10 normal guys.

17 minutes ago, THUNDERHAMMER said:

Now that sequitors are falling out of favor. Any good way to convert the starter set liberators to have a grandhammer? I was thinking of chopping up the 2 retributors but I'm wondering if there's a better way

Why are the sequitors falling out of favor? 

17 minutes ago, Grudgebearer said:

Why are the sequitors falling out of favor? 

More expensive and with Skaven spamming mortal wounds and FEC fighting first and fighting twice with the 6 mortal wounds on 6s its just an expensive fodder 440 pt target (if you run em in blocks of 20)

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, frostfire said:

What if you replace evocators with sequitors in Anvil list? They can still hit hard and have more wounds and more models.

well youre getting 20 sequitors for the evocator block.

which means you lose the ability to generate MW like the evocators do and lose the extra unbind and wizard (for the Places of Power mission)

9 Maces so 19 attacks including the prime - so 13 hits - 8 wounds on average - so something with a 4+ save, goes to 5+ saves 2-3 , 10 damage

Then 22 normal attacks - 14 hits, 9-10 wounds lets say 10, 5 are saved on a 4+ save so 5 damage

You did 15 damage total with Sequitors

Evocators do something like 22 damage on average with grandstaves.

So..,,,yeah

I understand the sequitor toughness argument, but with Skave nand FEC spamming MW as they are, youre just painting a bright red target on the sequitors to die before they do anything.

• Sad 2

Hello Guys,

im relatively new to AOS and currently im planning to expand my Stormcast Army (I have only the Soul Wars Box for now).

So i looked at the leaked GHB 19 points and build this list:

Celestial Vindicators

• Lord Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline 220
  • Knight-Heraldor 100
  • Lord-Ordinator 140
  • 6 x Evocators on Celestial Dracolines 600
  • 4x Celestar Ballista 440
  • 5x Liberators 100
  • 5x Liberators 100
  • 5x Liberators 100
  • 10x Skinks 70
  • 10x Skinks 70
  • 1 Command Point 50

1990 Points

Well, the idea is simple:

Kill heroes with the Ballistas and use the Dracolines to erase big units. The rest is for getting objectives and screening.

I really think the damage Dracolines create can be insane.

If i calculated correctly with full Buffs (Charge, Empower, Pride Leader, Pack Alpha and Righteous Hatred) that unit would do on average 39,8 wounds against 3+ Saves or 52,4 wounds against 4+ targets.

I thought probably it would make sense to swap the Knight-Heraldor and the Libs for 3 units of 5 Sequitors, but im not sure.

Your feedback is welcome!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JaffaBones said:

I did the math, you can't! 

Even after dropping the Vanguard Aux Chamber 20p and all the Vanguard changes is not enough to fit it into 2k points with minimum requirements.

This is plain dumb. Why bother having battalions if they won't even fit into 2k? They even touched all units for it but seemed to never have done the math for the battalion.

You can fit the battalion into 2k if you bring Hurricanes instead of Longstrikes.

13 hours ago, FattBooM666 said:

So @PJetski
Would it be something like this:

Astral Templars

Lord-Castellant - General
Lord-Ordinator
Knight-Heraldor
Knight Incantor - Blades
Knight Incantor - Halo

6x Desolators

Ballista
Ballista
Ballista
Ballista

Should leave us then at 1980pts.

Doesn't look to bad right?

Also was looking at the stardrake:
@Requizen

Lord-Celestant on Stardrake - Staunch Defender, Ignax scales
Lord- Castellant
Lord-Ordinator
Knight - Incantor
Hurricanum

Ballista
Ballista
Ballista
Ballista

Should leave us then at 2000pts

Haha I love Ballista + Ordinator + Hurricanum combo, that's so sick. Not sure it belongs with a Stardrake, though. With the big guy, you want zoning and scoring units since he's mostly just going to be tying up and zoning. I'd drop boyh the Hurricanum and Ordinator, just use the Ballistas as threatening Scions units, and then take bodies of one sort or another. Bumping up the Lib units is nice, but so is something like Skinks or similar. 

• Like 1

Hurricanum is great. I once used it in my ballista list similar to the list above.

It buffs both missile and melee, which is cool because you don't have to be wholly within the aura, and do mortal wounds in range.

Since it is cheaper without the wizard on it, it might be a better ally unit imo. 

• Like 1

Here's the list I'm going to start testing Desolators with:

Astral Templars

Drakesworn Templar (General, Artefact, Storm-winged)
Lord-Castellant
Knight-Incantor (Celestial Blades)
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (Azyrite Halo)
Knight-Azyros
6x Desolator
3x5 Liberators

There's 60 points left over. I could add in endless spells (Purple Sun or Geminids?) or replace one of the Liberator squads with Judicators for additional focused fire.

I don't think it can be better than Anvilstrike, but I reckon that's true for most lists.

Edited by PJetski

25 minutes ago, crkhobbit said:

laogc seems a little expensive if you're not taking Sequitors.  If you drop him down to an Invo, you'd have another 80 points to go with your 60 spare.  That's 140 - take something with a teleport and Swords maybe?

LAGC has a few different functions. Cycle of the Storm and his healing spell are very valuable defensive tools for a list that relies on a 16 wound monster and 5 wound cavalry.

Second, his speed allows him to keep up with the Desolators/Stardrake or grab objectives.

Third, spirit flasks on a 7 wound model are much better than on a 5 wound model since he is much more likely to survive. He can also heal the turn after using spirit flasks, or heal the Incantor.

A second dispel scroll is useful but with the Stardrake giving -1 to enemy casters it is of marginal value.

8 minutes ago, stato said:

Quick Q:  can you stack the Lord Arcanum on Dracoline command ability ; Pack Alpha (add 1 to attacks characteristic of .... etc. ).

Yes... but when would this ever be worthwhile? Dracolines all hit on 3+ already, a second +1 hit is almost always useless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1