AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Liberators are more useful than Sequitors though?

Well it depends on your application of the term "battleline"

Sequitors are for those who want their battleline to be the tough AND killy force in their armies with a castellant, sort of a turtle up playstyle. 

Liberators in your case are just tax and fodder to buy the longstrikes time. With sequitors up to 130 yeah i struggle to see why anyone would take em anymore. What a shame

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

As long as the meta is full of armies can fight before you can activate rerollable saves I can't see a reason to ever use Sequitors in any list. It's just giving your opponent a 440pt target to focus fire.

Agreed. With the prevalence of Mortal Wounds and fight first, its just very expensive fodder. I was more referring to how they were initially when they were introduced at 120, in my comparison of retributors and evos. I would totally take retributors at 180 or 170

Sean Heigh took this to a top 3 finish in Sydney. Looks like a lot of points cuts in this list and it doesnt perform too bad either. Thoughts?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals - Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer Mortal Realm:

Ghyran

Leaders

Lord-Aquilor (200) - General - Trait: Deathly Aura - Mount Trait: Aethereal Stalker

Celestant-Prime (340)

Knight-Azyros (100) - Artefact: Soulthief

Lord-Relictor (100) Battleline

5 x Vanguard-Hunters (120) - Boltstorm Pistols and Storm Sabres

5 x Vanguard-Hunters (120) - Boltstorm Pistols and Shock Handaxes

5 x Vanguard-Hunters (120) - Boltstorm Pistols and Shock Handaxes Units

3 x Vanguard-Palladors (200) - Boltstorm Pistols and Shock Handaxes

3 x Aetherwings (50)

3 x Aetherwings (50)

9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (540) Total:

1940 / 2000 Extra Command Points: 1 Allies: 0 / 400 Wounds: 100

This list lost like a 100 points, could easily fit a knight incantor in there

Edited by jhamslam

4 hours ago, FattBooM666 said:

Looks cool, but how would you play the army?
Im pretty new to the game (just started working on my gave list but as it sounds atm i might need to re think that)

Depending on the enemy shootiness and range, Azyros and Aetherwings are deployed on the field, and the Veritant and Raptors are deployed in Azyr (or in reverse), and ALL of the Skyborne Slayers in Azyr. Then air-drop Raptors and Veritant into optimal positions and ALL Skyborne Slayers basically into the enemy's face against their specific preferred enemies (with a 5" charge hopefully).

I think the reason for disappointment is that point drops are not really enough to legitimise choices much beyond Sacrosanct, most units needed to come down another 10-20pts. The internal points balance is still of despite a golden opportunity to change it. Yes we can still be competitive but it would have been nice to have more real choice.

Also really sad about Tauralon and Stardrake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuntymike said:

I think the reason for disappointment is that point drops are not really enough to legitimise choices much beyond Sacrosanct, most units needed to come down another 10-20pts. The internal points balance is still of despite a golden opportunity to change it. Yes we can still be competitive but it would have been nice to have more real choice.

Yes, this is my main issue. It is alright to say that many armies don't have more than one competitive option, but it does feel like a missed opportunity to not have some more aggressive cuts to Paladins. Or anything to try and give purpose to a lot of units.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Requizen said:

First, my Anvilstrike list goes unchanged (I was at 1990, Evos up 20+20, Longstrikes down 10+10+10, now just a 2000 point list on the nose).

Hey there! Would you mind to share with us your Anvilstrike list (or is it very similar to Mr. Pjetski one)?

I just bought a Soul Wars sacrosant set and I'm figureing out if I should build an army arround it or going for something like AnvilS. Thank you and have a nice day.

18 minutes ago, EngraBlackSword said:

Hey there! Would you mind to share with us your Anvilstrike list (or is it very similar to Mr. Pjetski one)?

I just bought a Soul Wars sacrosant set and I'm figureing out if I should build an army arround it or going for something like AnvilS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Just curious what is the Mr . Pjetski Anvilstrike build ? 

With the point drop to desolators I think they  can outclass evocators on dracoline. I'll try this list, on paper looks like it has good anti-magic,  mobility and shooting. 
The second Incantor could be replaced by an Azyros or Castellant. The list is basically the meta EvoCat + Ballista but with a 12" mortal wound shooting and better saves. Using Anvils we can shoot twice with the Desolators to clean chaff and then charge. 

Vexillor 120
Incantor 140 (celestial blades)
Incantor 140
Ordinator 140
Heraldor 100

Liberators  100
Liberators  100
Liberators  100

6x Desolators 600

Ballista 110
Ballista 110
Ballista 110
Ballista 110

Total 1980

4 hours ago, stuntymike said:

Sacrosanct are less viable now. And the meta was already steering towards more  mix and match SC armies anyway, which personally is how I think it should be. The Sequitor Evocator spam was at risk of making the variety of SC’s units, which is one of its biggest strengths and attractions, entirely pointless.

And have less melee range, and less Bravery.

So they lag slightly behind if you can get everyone within 1" of their target.  For a unit of 5, that's probably not too bad.  But at 10, it's going to be more challenging.

If they had dropped Retributors down to 180, they would only be better against Sv3 or better, but retain all of the drawbacks.

22 minutes ago, stus67 said:

So it looks like Retributors only lag slightly behind Evocators in damage, but they're slower and aren't wizards.

And have 1" range, which is a big deal for any unit over 5 models.

I think 6x or even 8x Desolator is going to be a great list. Either Astral Templars (+1 hit versus Monsters and 6" move) or Celestial Vindicators (that command ability is nuts!) with Lauchon to transport them.

Edited by PJetski

4 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

So what’s the optimal weapon loadout for Libs in 5s? Paired weapons or shields?

Shields. Its gives them a free Mystic Shield. Your liberators cant and wont kill much so re rolling 1s to hit for just units of 5 is meh