AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Feels like we a shooting army now for 2019. Longstrikes point drop but juds are still overprices. Have to say i expected more price drops. My list with juds libs and fulminators gets a price increase on the castellant. So goes up in 20. Hoped for a drop of 40 atleast

3 minutes ago, stuntymike said:

I wonder if there's anything to be said for Retributors now instead of Evocators? Shame they only have the 1" range.

All paladins need to be 160 pts if they want to be relevant. There is still only a 20 pts difference.

Edited by ledha
  • Like 2

My list went up 140. Wtf. It wasn't even that strong.

Arcanum-20

Castellant+20

Seqs+60

Evos+40

Ballistas+40

Wow. So I needed to drop my endless spells, drop my additional CP, and change my Arcanum down to foot guy. 

Great.

• Like 2

Well, I think GW design this point changes with an intention, if either longstrike drop 10 more points or some other vanguard unit drops more, we can start using the big vanguard battlion with 3-6 longstrike, and they are 2 attack each in this battlion, which is very very deadly. It is like we own the anvil strike command ability with no need to use CP and stick to anvil stormhost.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

34 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Well, I think GW design this point changes with an intention, if either longstrike drop 10 more points or some other vanguard unit drops more, we can start using the big vanguard battlion with 3-6 longstrike, and they are 2 attack each in this battlion, which is very very deadly. It is like we own the anvil strike command ability with no need to use CP and stick to anvil stormhost.

Which battalion?

Based on recommendations here I was already planning to drop my 20 Sequitors down to 10 so I’m not as affected as I could have been, but the 10 point increase does mean that I’m left with 80 points instead of 120 as planned, which is irritating. The only SCE choice at that point is 3 Castigators which are... garbage... or 3 Aetherwings, but they lack synergy without Raptors.

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger

Lord-Ordinator

Knight-Incantor 

10 Sequitors

5 Sequitors

5 Sequitors

10 Evocators

4x Ballista

Shackles

Swords

I could drop Swords to free up enough points for a unit of Prosecutors or 100 point supporting hero (Knight Azyros, Knight Heraldor are obvious choices). Subbing in 10 Libs also gains 60 points, but the 5s are so efficient at fighting small objective units I’m reluctant to give them up.

Disappointed by these point changes.  (ok I agree with the Vanguard Pallador point change).  

Seriously the paladins needed more of a point drop  and does GW really hate the Celeatant Prime that much they don't want him on the tables??

I really believe they dont want Stormcast to be highly competitive due to all the vocal minority complaining about them. 

2 minutes ago, chord said:

Disappointed by these point changes.  (ok I agree with the Vanguard Pallador point change).  

Seriously the paladins needed more of a point drop  and does GW really hate the Celeatant Prime that much they don't want him on the tables??

I really believe they dont want Stormcast to be highly competitive due to all the vocal minority complaining about them. 

Power is relative. Wait and see what they do with FEC, Skaven, Khorne, Fyreslayers, and Gitz.

56 minutes ago, chord said:

Details??

Spoiler

In the forbidden power, celestant-prime and Olynder fight face to face, Olynder tried to break the prison locking a terrible guy. In melee, the prime has an advantage, however, Olynder use a aretefact granted by nagash, the prime get destoryed right away.

• Sad 1

Man y'all salty. These changes are great. First, my Anvilstrike list goes unchanged (I was at 1990, Evos up 20+20, Longstrikes down 10+10+10, now just a 2000 point list on the nose). Aetherwings remaining 50 points is hilarious as all get out because those are by far the best screening units in the game. 

Vanguard one drop list can now be run, albeit in complete min units and only Hurricanes, Longstrikes won't fit. It's not great, but 1 drop Battalions are pretty rare nowadays and 10 shot, rerolling Hurricanes are nothing to sneeze at.

Even without doing the one-drop, a solid Vanguard army is a lot better now. 6 Palladors + Aquillor + Arcanum on Gryph was already good, now it's 80 points cheaper! And you can still do Raptors behind it! That's really, really competitive in the right setup. 

Tauralon probably didn't go down enough to be worth it, but with a lot of the other big Monster Wizard Heroes in the game going up, he looks better in comparison, at the very least.

Paladins are very good now. Not just because Evos are worse, but Protectors were already good at 200 points, and now Retributors are where they're supposed to be now at 200. We're all used to Evos messing everyone's day up, but a 20 point differential makes Rets worth a look. Evos still have the mechanical advantage, but an 40 point difference in a 10 man unit is waaaay more than enough to make Rets a competitive choice.

Skyborne went down 40 points at a minimum, and that list was already not-so-secretly really good, only  outshone by Gavriel being stupid af, but it's now (imo) the premier SCE Alpha Strike build without Gav + 40 Seqs + 10 Evos  on the table anymore. (It's always been more well rounded as well, which I prefer). 

SCE was already an High-Tier army, and with the DoK and LoN nerfs, and the Errata to FEC/Skaven coming out, we're in an extremely good spot. Honestly the thing I'm most scared of at this point is someone busting out the new Kharadron Overlords and rolling over our elite armies with their insane across-the-board discounts. 80 Arkanauts were already good, went unchanged, their supporting units buffed, etc. It'll be a really insane meta for the next few months, and I can't wait.

Edited by Requizen
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

I think a minimum Vanguard Auxillary Chamber with Longstrikes is still 2080pts, even with all the points drops to Vanguard units...

2 minutes ago, Roark said:

I think a minimum Vanguard Auxillary Chamber with Longstrikes is still 2080pts, even with all the points drops to Vanguard units...

110*3+180+160+50*3+140*3+120+180+3*100+140=1980, this use the hurricane, if more points to drop for lonstrike, you can switch those hurricane to longstrike

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

2 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

110*3+180+160+50*3+140*3+120+180+3*100+140=1980, this use the hurricane, if more points to drop for lonstrike, you can switch those hurricane to longstrike

We already know the points, 170/3 for Longstrikes now. You can swap one of the Azyros/Zephyros options in the Auxiliary chamber to be a Venator, for a bit more shooting. I personally would run Azyros x2 + Venator.