AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

8 minutes ago, crkhobbit said:

Correct.  In this preview of a small number of changes that will be in the book, the Extremis chamber, and countless other units, were left to die in the streets.

Maybe they're changed in the book, but who cares about that when this "announcement" is so important!

Of course, though apparently not nearly as important as being pedantic about jokey posts. You and Hammers have made it QUITE clear that feeling self-important in response to something tongue-in cheeck is the ABSOLUTE highest priority.

I’ve seen some of the SCE changes,

Ballista 110

Evocators 220

Sequitors 130 but retain max size discount (440)

All Lord Arcanum down 20 (except Tauralon o.o)

Castellant 120

Prosecutors 90 NOT battleline

Paladins all look 200 or less

Havent seen any Vanguard. No changes to anything else (yes including Celestant Prime, Castigators, and Hounds :()

10 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Ballista 110

Evocators 220

Castellant 120

Havent seen any Vanguard. No changes to anything else (yes including Celestant Prime, Castigators, and Hounds :()

They basically looked at the Gavriel Bomb and Dracoline Ballista combo and decided to nerf it despite it almost never showing up anymore great .

Whered you see this

10 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Ballista 110

Evocators 220

Castellant 120

I think paladins should be less, otherwise protector and decimator is unchanged, which is far from "generous cuts". 

The increase of sacrosanct chambers are still acceptable if it is true, since the most broken FEC and skaven might get nerfed at the beginning of July.

2 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

There’s a few photos of some pages floating through various WhatsApp groups 

No changes for Vandus or Dracothion Guard?What about the named Lord Arcanums, Astreia and Aventis?

Edited by jhamslam

Alright i saw the changes - 

Celestar - 110

Aventis Firestrike - 340

Gavriel - 120

Lord Aquilor - 180

Arcanum - 20 points less on all 

Castellant - 120

Concussors - 240

Decimator - 180

Desolator - 220

Evocator -220

Prosecutors - 90

Retributor - 200

Tempestor - 200

Sequitor - 130 (THIS is the one im most mad about)

5 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Celestar - 110

Aventis Firestrike - 340

Gavriel - 120

Lord Aquilor - 180

Castellant - 120

Concussors - 240

Decimator - 180

Desolator - 220

Evocator -220

Prosecutors - 90

Retributor - 200

Tempestor - 200

I think that's not everything, right? What about the vanguard chamber? Any changes for liberator?

17 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Celestar - 110

Aventis Firestrike - 340

Gavriel - 120

Lord Aquilor - 180

Castellant - 120

Concussors - 240

Decimator - 180

Desolator - 220

Evocator -220

Prosecutors - 90

Retributor - 200

Tempestor - 200

What the ****** is this

If the alleged point leaks discussed so far are true, then those are in line with what Jervis Johnson revealed at March issue of White Dwarf: most point changes are in range of +/-10~20 points. I am not too surprised about 20 points increase on Evocators and 10 points increase on Celestar Ballista. In fact, I would consider it more mild than I expected, judging from seething anger against SCE by my friends at local club. Some of them were vehemently demanding straight 40 points increase on the Ballista!

Anecdotes aside, these changes bring little to my current lists. Points increases are offset by decreases from other units, for example Lord-Arcanum and vanguard units. One exception is the Stardrake list: I either need to forego one of the heroes in order to keep the Stardrake and supporting units: Ballistas and Evocators.  Time will tell, but I need to start tweaking lists more than before.

P.S. The aforementioned leaks show Desolators as being 220 points. Does this mean Desolators' points cost has not changed?

2 minutes ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

If the alleged point leaks discussed so far are true, then those are in line with what Jervis Johnson revealed at March issue of White Dwarf: most point changes are in range of +/-10~20 points. I am not too surprised about 20 points increase on Evocators and 10 points increase on Celestar Ballista. In fact, I would consider it more mild than I expected, judging from seething anger against SCE by my friends at local club. Some of them were vehemently demanding straight 40 points increase on the Ballista!

Anecdotes aside, these changes bring little to my current lists. Points increases are offset by decreases from other units, for example Lord-Arcanum and vanguard units. One exception is the Stardrake list: I either need to forego one of the heroes in order to keep the Stardrake and supporting units: Ballistas and Evocators.  Time will tell, but I need to start tweaking lists more than before.

P.S. The aforementioned leaks show Desolators as being 220 points. Does this mean Desolators' points cost has not changed?

i mistyped Desolators are now 200

Absolutely baffling changes.

Ballista at 110 is probably fine - it is only remotely excessie in multiples of 4. 

Evocators and Sequitors going up is expected but also the wrong way of making the other options better. I can't understand why Liberators didn't change or Judicators. Or the  Lord Exorcist.

Edited by The World Tree

2 minutes ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

dracoths does change a little, concussor -20, desolator -20