AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

10 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

if youre grabbing objectives FEC has to come to you. At that point its your choice of what you want demolished by his gaping maw. 5 sequitors/liberators or 20 sequitors. Ballistas are in deepstrike mode anyways so you should always be getting him into 18 inches

Good point re: objectives. Would you bother with a Castellant to buff the 10 in that list or not?

12 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Good point re: objectives. Would you bother with a Castellant to buff the 10 in that list or not?

imo no. Castellant isnt worth it unless you have 15 man / 20 man blocks of liberators or sequitors. If FEC becomes less prevalent id consider those again. Theyre still good against Khorne or some of the other Tier 1.5 / Tier 2 stuff, not with the Skaven and FEC mortal wound party.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 3:15 AM, PrimeElectrid said:

+ While @PJetski made some good points about minimum Libs, I’ve found the big Sequitor unit to be invaluable for absorbing damage, putting bodies on the table, and intimidating opponents. Considering dropping to 10-5-5 or 5-5-5 as they are super efficient objective fighters, but not sure what I’d replace them with (aside from a 4th Ballista). Will be sad to see them lose the max size bonus in the inevitable GHB nerf. 

Still haven’t been able to cut my teeth against the S tier of FEC/Slaanesh/Skaven but that may have to wait until post GHB now.

@PrimeElectrid can you explain what you mean by max size bonus for sequitors? also is there an article I can read to see what the theories are for SCE nerfs? it's hard to search through this thread when it's topically all-inclusive and the beginning is pre-2.0 :/

47 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

@PrimeElectrid can you explain what you mean by max size bonus for sequitors? also is there an article I can read to see what the theories are for SCE nerfs? it's hard to search through this thread when it's topically all-inclusive and the beginning is pre-2.0 :/

Sequitors are 120 points for 5 up to size 15. If you take them at max size (20) then the last 5 only cost 40 points.

Assume evocators up by 20 at least.

19 hours ago, PJetski said:

Evocators will probably go up to 220 or 240 but honestly they don't deserve any nerfs. They're properly costed when compared to the stuff in the last 4 battletomes.

They should stay at 200 and Paladins should go down to 160.

I saw something about how theyre also revising skaven and fec digitally instead of just paperback revisions now? 

If theyre nerfing everything else id be cool with 220 but with nothing else changing, nah theyre just fine

• Like 1

Slaanesh army is some kind of afraid of shootings. Go with Anvil or even Ballistas to stop KoS form getting to much DPs from your men. It might take some screen like skinks and aetherwings though. 

FEC is a bit tricky because, you know, they are FEC. But just read what  Pjetski wrote above about his match against Gristlegore, I believe most of games with FEC could finish like that.

11 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Evocator nerfs

paladin discounts

vanguard discounts

Ill have to wait to see the points updates to FEC, and Skaven until July before i pass judgement, but man i am disappoint.

The vanguard chamber looks better off tho, so maybe @PJetski anvilstrike still works , if they decreased longstrikes in points that is

15 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Evocator nerfs

paladin discounts

vanguard discounts

I suspect we'll see even more changes than that, but those would be the highlights they wanted to mention. I wouldn't be surprised if nearly everything got adjusted in our tome.

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I really doubt they reduced the cost of Longstrikes.

Yeah, Longstrikes were a decent enough pick already, doubt they changed.

Hunters were absolute bunk, palladors were too expensive for what they offered compared to dracoths/Dracolines, Blacktalon was overpriced after they nerfed her warscroll and the generic zephyros was complete garbage, hurricane crossbows were too expensive but on the cusp of being useful, and all of the battalions were hilariously pointless.

"Stormcasts have seen a whole host of changes that help to balance their vast pool of units against each other and the other armies in the game."

This does not necessarily exclude Extremis.  We don't know all the changes yet, just what they wanted to mention.

10 minutes ago, crkhobbit said:

"Stormcasts have seen a whole host of changes that help to balance their vast pool of units against each other and the other armies in the game."

This does not necessarily exclude Extremis.  We don't know all the changes yet, just what they wanted to mention.

So what you're saying is that the announcement left extremis chamber out in the cold, regardless of whether the GHB changed them or not.

• Confused 2

for the vanguard

Nearly all Vanguard units have seen cuts, meaning this chamber now competes strongly with Sacrosanct Chamber-themed armies – if you’re looking to field a shooting force of Stormcast Eternals, Vanguard-Hunterscould be a very appealing option…

Hence, not every unit might get point drop, but it should means that at least longstrike does not get point increase(personal opinion).

5 minutes ago, Belper said:

So what you're saying is that the announcement left extremis chamber out in the cold, regardless of whether the GHB changed them or not.

Correct.  In this preview of a small number of changes that will be in the book, the Extremis chamber, and countless other units, were left to die in the streets.

Maybe they're changed in the book, but who cares about that when this "announcement" is so important!

• Haha 1