AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

29 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hey guys, small question. If i take a brainchwraith as ally into a stormcast list, am i able to summon dryards?

if yes why no one is doing this?

As far as I can see, a branchwraith can only summon dryads on to a wyldwood, so unless you have a way to get wyldwoods, they can't summon anything.

Hi there. I am brand new so please excuse my ignorance. I recently inherited two get started boxes thunderstrike brotherhood and half of the soul wars box. Two additional ballista. I was directed to come here for stormcast eternal discussions! From what I understand I see our armies are built around the heroes for SCE. I really want to play the Hammerhand guy with his awesome abilities and models, the Gabriel sword and board dude, lord ordience and or any of the winged heroes. I understand this may not be tournament competitive. I also got two Balista additional for cheap so I have them. Raptors with long bows loook neato and I’m not sure where I should go from here. I am very eager to learn and my meta is fun even though they play tier one armies no one plays tournament lists. Paladins look awesome to me as well!  Please help a poor confused dad to understand how to be a efficient tier 2 army general!! We cannot fail. 

11 minutes ago, Salami Vendoe said:

Hi there. I am brand new so please excuse my ignorance. I recently inherited two get started boxes thunderstrike brotherhood and half of the soul wars box. Two additional ballista. I was directed to come here for stormcast eternal discussions! From what I understand I see our armies are built around the heroes for SCE. I really want to play the Hammerhand guy with his awesome abilities and models, the Gabriel sword and board dude, lord ordience and or any of the winged heroes. I understand this may not be tournament competitive. I also got two Balista additional for cheap so I have them. Raptors with long bows loook neato and I’m not sure where I should go from here. I am very eager to learn and my meta is fun even though they play tier one armies no one plays tournament lists. Paladins look awesome to me as well!  Please help a poor confused dad to understand how to be a efficient tier 2 army general!! We cannot fail. 

If vandus get points deduction, he's actually pretty good. garviel is kind of great if you want play deep striking, lord ordinator is not worth bringing if you have less than 3 ballista in your list.

50 minutes ago, Salami Vendoe said:

Is it possible to do deep striking with a ballista/ raptor force behind? 3 ballista seems fun. Is it worth to run battery at that point? My friends all play 2500 so we can have fun

dropping 3 or more ballista with ordinator is a decent choice, personally I don't recommend the hailstorm battery battalion.

52 minutes ago, Salami Vendoe said:

Is it possible to do deep striking with a ballista/ raptor force behind? 3 ballista seems fun. Is it worth to run battery at that point? My friends all play 2500 so we can have fun

If you get knight azyeos with them to re rolling 1s makes them bit more reliable 

3 hours ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

dropping 3 or more ballista with ordinator is a decent choice, personally I don't recommend the hailstorm battery battalion.

Thank you so much for your information! I think the ballista are good with an ordinator! I’ll definitely add that

7 minutes ago, Salami Vendoe said:

Who does knight help reroll? For sure that model is sick. 

Would gavriel do well with retributors? 

When he is within 10” of a enemy unit you get re roll 1s against that unit 

12 minutes ago, Salami Vendoe said:

Who does knight help reroll? For sure that model is sick. 

Would gavriel do well with retributors? 

Nowadays, retributors get outperformed by evocators in every aspects. However, I heard rumors that there will a point cost change for most of the SCE units in 2019 GHB, so if retributor get points drop in 2019 GHB, they might be good again.

6 hours ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Nowadays, retributors get outperformed by evocators in every aspects. However, I heard rumors that there will a point cost change for most of the SCE units in 2019 GHB, so if retributor get points drop in 2019 GHB, they might be good again.

Hope so.

But one more thing is Stardrakes. While they are good fighting with horde. But I don’t think they can fight one on one with any other behemoth.

Their damage output are very weak compare to their points.

Personally, I don’t want to reduce point of Stardrake. But overhaul them will be much more better.

So I got myself 3 stormcast armies from the Soul Wars box set after digging through Ebay for the last set to help fill out my sequitors, evocators and ballista. In a close 1960 point army I can run the following

-Lord Arcanum on Grypgh (general)/(wind runner mount trait) (chain lightning??)

- 2x knight incantors (Azerite Halo)

-lord ordinator (got for free with one of the sets off a person)

BATTLE LINE

-1x10 sequitors

-2x5 sequitors

ARTILLERY 

- 3x ballista

OTHER

-1x5 evocators (just need one more model to run cleansing phalanx...)

-2x6 Castigators

Now I can drop a unit of Castigators and run Hailstorm Battery, but from what I've read, That battalion is useless. My question is, with this heavy "sacrosanct" army, should I consider dropping all units of castigators to run a second arcanum on Gryph or as is?

Also, I like using HOS for the +1 bravery, revive on 5 and feel no pain on 6, should I keep using this chapter for this army or drop it all and be able to take my own trait and artifact? If you think I should. Which traits and artifacts do you guys see mostly utilized and why? 

1 hour ago, Talunus said:

So I got myself 3 stormcast armies from the Soul Wars box set after digging through Ebay for the last set to help fill out my sequitors, evocators and ballista. In a close 1960 point army I can run the following

-Lord Arcanum on Grypgh (general)/(wind runner mount trait) (chain lightning??)

- 2x knight incantors (Azerite Halo)

-lord ordinator (got for free with one of the sets off a person)

BATTLE LINE

-1x10 sequitors

-2x5 sequitors

ARTILLERY 

- 3x ballista

OTHER

-1x5 evocators (just need one more model to run cleansing phalanx...)

-2x6 Castigators

Now I can drop a unit of Castigators and run Hailstorm Battery, but from what I've read, That battalion is useless. My question is, with this heavy "sacrosanct" army, should I consider dropping all units of castigators to run a second arcanum on Gryph or as is?

Also, I like using HOS for the +1 bravery, revive on 5 and feel no pain on 6, should I keep using this chapter for this army or drop it all and be able to take my own trait and artifact? If you think I should. Which traits and artifacts do you guys see mostly utilized and why? 

Drop the castigators and try to get that missing evocator to add 5 more evos.

HoS is only really worth it if you get gavriel. Try to get one or I would run staunch defender.

9 hours ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Honestly with the pure BS power creep of skaven and FEC ill be pissed if they nerf evocators with points costs. You have AGKoTG costing like 400 with 160 in summoning and Verminlord Decievers at 260 while the Celestant Prime is at 350? and Evos get bumped even more? 

• Like 1

The hailstrike isn't that bad if you really want another artefact, it's just not as efficient as simply adding two more ballistae instead of battalion and Castigator tax. Also, to consistenly wound (which you want to trigger the reroll on the ballista), you need 6 Castigators, which further tilts the balance in favour of more ballistae instead.

Considering points in SCE, if anything we need buffs to the old models, nerf Gavriels CA to be once a turn and maybe drop a few on the weak battalions, as there's currently no way to significantly lower drops compared to most armies.  The power of the new books is what sets the tone, so we should get balanced around that, and Evocators simply aren't broken compared to concurrent releases.

2 hours ago, jhamslam said:

Honestly with the pure BS power creep of skaven and FEC ill be pissed if they nerf evocators with points costs. You have AGKoTG costing like 400 with 160 in summoning and Verminlord Decievers at 260 while the Celestant Prime is at 350? and Evos get bumped even more? 

Evocators may seem OP at first glance.

But after a several new battle tomb coming out. Our Evocators are now just fine. lol

Have people found any success with Paladors? The models are some of my favorite. At 200 they arent super killy machines but they seem to do a little bit of everything and could be a good utility piece. 

I'd imagine just running the shock axes makes the most sense. Anyone have any good tips for how to use them?

I don't have any problem with Gristlegore and Tyrant of Blood ****** lists, mostly because i play a quadlista list in Astral Templar with Tauralon. With a few good rolls, more than half of the beasts are vaporized in the shooting phase alone. Rapid fire hitting on 2+ is marvellous.

If you don't like the Meta, counter the Meta.

Edited by ledha
  • Like 1

Assuming that AT ballista list have one ordinator+4 ballista, then DS it near the terrorgheist and the FEC player doesn't use his hugh amount of ghouls to block the 18" range shoot, then each ballista 4 attacks 3+ to hit 3+ to wound 1 damage, the terrorgheist have 4+ save ignoring rend, 5+ fnp and another 6+ fnp

4*4*2/3*3.5*2/3*1*1/2*2/3*5/6=7

so average is 7 wounds per shooting,  considering its own healing ability, you need 3 turn to shoot it down. However, FEC have a magic(I am not sure whether there is a mount trait have the same ability) allow it to ignore the damage table when dropping wounds....

In three turns, it can wipe out something like 40 sequitors on average......

If it gets a successful charge in turn 1, this number increase to 60...To make the thing worst, it attacks at the beginning of the combat phase and can attack two times without interruption using 1CP, so the 20 sequitor blob will just die without inflicting any wounds on the terrorgheist....

That's the reason why I think 400 points for terrorgheist is ridiculous....

Edited by HammerOfSigmar